Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,990 members, 7,825,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (90680 Views)

Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? / Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria / Bringing Up A Multilingual(4) Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 03, 2009
*Hauwa*:

so na Ghana man Ebony dey look eh  lipsrsealed cool grin the ones on my campus no fynn at all  lipsrsealed unlike the ladies.
ummm, na soso kenke you go dey cook. pickin go dey cry ebony no go mind am because she dey pound plantain for her ghana man shocked cheesy

all this ya kweshion no go get tail anymore because ghana man must chop grin

they eat more than naija man o. but na plenty pickin you go get shocked
rotflmao. . . .No be me dey look, na them dey look my way.  grin grin
Who cares about the ladies? They know how to dress, and I tend to mingle with the smart ones. "Excuse me, I need help with this lab" w/e, just sit there and let him runoff while I stare.

MOST nigerian men here are not attractive. And why oh why do they wear skinny jeans? What's up with their way against deodorants? talk to your men o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Let them eat, I can cook na.  grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 03, 2009
*Hauwa*:

no look for ethiopian man o. they are not fynne unlike their ladies lipsrsealed few sha ok
grin grin grin hehe
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 2:42am On Apr 03, 2009
*Hauwa*:

no look for ethiopian man o. they are not fynne unlike their ladies lipsrsealed few sha ok

yes oo, but no b me talk m oo cheesy cheesy cheesy

few of their ladies are not all that fynne either, at least the ones i have seen here lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Hauwa1: 2:42am On Apr 03, 2009
naija male students are saving money so they won't dress up lol maybe during presentation they try sha with dressing  grin

they are saving to help bring up future child  grin

naija guys with skinny jeans? lol  grin grin
you are right the gals can dress. my good ghana friend is taking me shopping for tighter jeans pray my yansh breathes grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Hauwa1: 2:43am On Apr 03, 2009
yeah one thing with ethiopia gal, they like fronting with their natural long hair grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 2:44am On Apr 03, 2009
skinny jeans shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy

ebony i wish u had a pic of them, cox i really want to see their  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed on the jeans
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 2:45am On Apr 03, 2009
yea, their hair are really long just that their face are lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 2:49am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

ebony i wish u had a pic of them, cox i really want to see their  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed on the jeans
If I remember, I'd take am.
But what if they realize what am doing? Do I really wanna get jumped? hmm grin grin grin

Well, I hope it's skinny jeans or else, they really don't know their size.

Even the mouse no fit get space to dey hide
*Hauwa*:

naija male students are saving money so they won't dress up lol maybe during presentation they try sha with dressing  grin

they are saving to help bring up future child  grin

naija guys with skinny jeans? lol  grin grin
you are right the gals can dress. my good ghana friend is taking me shopping for tighter jeans pray my yansh breathes grin

we say make you stop chopping poundo and egunsi, you no gree.
saving for wetin?

Deodrant is not expensive jare tongue
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Hauwa1: 2:52am On Apr 03, 2009
lol, i rarely eat poundo you won't believe me. who get time to make egusi? i eat in cafe then come chop my rice and stew grin
God has given me a great behind so food or no food, the place dey kampe. to avoid temptation, i no wan tight jeans grin you know ya brothers like yansh grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Hauwa1: 2:54am On Apr 03, 2009
i will start flaunting it henceforth grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 03, 2009
*Hauwa*:

lol, i rarely eat poundo you won't believe me. who get time to make egusi? i eat in cafe then come chop my rice and stew grin
God has given me a great behind so food or no food, the place dey kampe. to avoid temptation, i no wan tight jeans grin you know ya brothers like yansh grin
hehehe. lol
I can't stand the food in a cafe jare, their food is so tasteless. [i]When [/i]I eat in the cafe, you'll be seeing me throwing those peppers and salt on it like I want to commit suicide.

Lucky you. My own will behind gradually grow from paper to pancake in time okay? tongue grin
*Hauwa*:

i will start flaunting it henceforth grin
Flaunt am o, sista.  cheesy cheesy

Just dnt stand next to KarmaMod, I hear her own is a weapon  grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Hauwa1: 3:05am On Apr 03, 2009
grin grin grin lol grin

have a sweet night grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 03, 2009
You too. grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 9:43am On Apr 03, 2009
*** and that was how it ended ***
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by sistawoman: 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2009
1. How do you potty train a child?

2. What can you do if your baby starts brawling and catching an attitude in public.

(Age: Less than 5 yrs old)

I did not potty train any of mine so i cant offer any advice other that take the to someone that knows what they are doing and have them do it.

2. I have never had this happen.  I think the older kids keep the younger ones in check.  And all it takes is one look from me and my kids stop dead in thier tracks.  Whatever they were thinking of doing they quickly forget. 

We have a rule that i have reviewed every single time we would get out the car to go in a store and I think repeating it over and over again, sometimes saying it in the store is what has kept them in thier place.
"Look with your eyes and not your hands, dont ask me for anything, if I want you to have it I will offer it to you"  Then

I would be sure to offer them something.  It could be something as simple as choose from one of these cereals that are on sale. Giving them a choice in the store helps them feel like they are part of the decison making as well.  It gives them something that is "thiers".

I also trained them early that we shop from our shopping list.  So the candy over there is not on our list.  My eldest son when he was young around 3 or 4 would take the list and look at it as if he knew how to read to see if the candy was on the list and then hang his head and hand it back to me.  he would then pick up out the cart the item that he personally choose and hold on to that.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2009
Tgirl4real:

*** and that was how it ended ***
sorry  wink

sistawoman:

I did not potty train any of mine so i cant offer any advice other that take the to someone that knows what they are doing and have them do it.

2. I have never had this happen.  I think the older kids keep the younger ones in check.  And all it takes is one look from me and my kids stop dead in thier tracks.  Whatever they were thinking of doing they quickly forget. 

We have a rule that i have reviewed every single time we would get out the car to go in a store and I think repeating it over and over again, sometimes saying it in the store is what has kept them in thier place.
"Look with your eyes and not your hands, dont ask me for anything, if I want you to have it I will offer it to you"  Then

I would be sure to offer them something.  It could be something as simple as choose from one of these cereals that are on sale. Giving them a choice in the store helps them feel like they are part of the decison making as well.  It gives them something that is "thiers".

I also trained them early that we shop from our shopping list.  So the candy over there is not on our list.  My eldest son when he was young around 3 or 4 would take the list and look at it as if he knew how to read to see if the candy was on the list and then hang his head and hand it back to me.  he would then pick up out the cart the item that he personally choose and hold on to that.
Nice. . . . especially the bolded one
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by amosexy: 12:00am On Apr 04, 2009
I'm here again ooo.

Please how do we restrict what our teenagers do on internet . Eachtime i entered my niece's(13yrs) room,she quickly closes the page she's browsin on,then i asked her wat she was browsin on n she said it was a pet store cos she needs a pet. The nxt day i browsed the history and discovered it was a dating site. I didnt tell her cos this pikin for abroad e get as e be for them,she might say i have to right going thru her system.

What can i do and how do parent monitor what their children do on internet?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 04, 2009
amosexy:

I'm here again ooo.

Please how do we restrict what our teenagers do on internet . Eachtime i entered my niece's(13yrs) room,she quickly closes the page she's browsin on,then i asked her wat she was browsin on n she said it was a pet store cos she needs a pet. The nxt day i browsed the history and discovered it was a dating site. I didnt tell her cos this pikin for abroad e get as e be for them,she might say i have to right going thru her system.

What can i do and how do parent monitor what their children do on internet?
Cut off the internet, simple.

Some middle and high school have restrictions on some sites, which dating sites should be one of them.

If you have any any questions about it, report to the school guidance and principle, they'd do something about it.

If she wants to go to the library, let her go, but limit the time she spends there. If you have time, let her go on thedays you have time to watch her.

And you know, you do have parental guidance on your computer. Ask your server to block some site, or ask them how you can block it byu yourself wink
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:46am On Apr 04, 2009
i suggest either you or the gals parents add the dating site to the list of blocked pages on the computer, so she wouldn't be able to access it. {OR}
there are many software out there, that they can use to limit her access to the internet and it allows you to block certain site or actions performed on the computer. at least there is one that i know that allows you to set the number of hours you want the person to be online, lets say like 2hrs and after that 2hrs, the software automatically shut down the computer and it also includes parental control, which allows you or the parents to block or allow certain sites accessible on the computer. but i do suggest you do something about it before she is allured into something else cox she is way too young to be searching dating sites online.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by amosexy: 12:55am On Apr 04, 2009
Thx guyz bt how do i tell her i went thru her system and i saw wat she was doing without gettin her upset ? if i tell her parent,they will demand an explaination for reason behind the restriction and i wouldn't wanna tell them bt if i do it myself my neice will still question me. If it is nigeria i go don scatter ground thou bt here she might cause enuf trouble dat i'm invadin her privacy.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 04, 2009
amosexy:

Thx guyz bt how do i tell her i went thru her system and i saw wat she was doing without gettin her upset ? if i tell her parent,they will demand an explaination for reason behind the restriction and i wouldn't wanna tell them bt if i do it myself my neice will still question me. If it is nigeria i go don scatter ground thou bt here she might cause enuf trouble dat i'm invadin her privacy.
Why are you fidgeting?
Do you know how many kids have been endangered due to dating sites? We're talking about a 13 years old here.

Who has the floor, you or her?
Tell her and demand what she was doing. . . .if she dares to tell you that you're not her father, tell her parents then.
Nonsense! The way kids are behaving this days.

Are you afraid of her?

Ok, if na for modesty, tell her you were trying to type something on her screen, then you found out her dating sites.

Dude, do you know how dangerous what she's doing is? The guy she could be talking to might be a child molester or a rapist.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 1:28am On Apr 04, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Why are you fidgeting?
Do you know how many kids have been endangered due to dating sites? We're talking about a 13 years old here.

Who has the floor, you or her?
Tell her and demand what she was doing. . . .if she dares to tell you that you're not her father, tell her parents then.
Nonsense! The way kids are behaving this days.

Are you afraid of her?

Ok, if na for modesty, tell her you were trying to type something on her screen, then you found out her dating sites.

Dude, do you know how dangerous what she's doing is? The guy she could be talking to might be a child molester or a rapist.

couldn't have said it better!

i mean like seriously, i dnt really think she (your niece)knows what she is doing and it is only you who at this moment can bring light into this matter. she might meet someone online who allures her into meeting him blah, blah, it is either she is raped or goes missing. she is way too young to be doing such things. simply tell her, like ebony said you were tying some address online and the dating site page popped up.

her mom needs to know about this. doesn't she have friends? is she lonely? ask her in a gentle voice the reason why she is visiting such sites, it could be cox she is lonely or lacks attention or something else. dont take this too lightly. she might get upset but guess what? she knows no better at 13 and it is up to you and her parents to set up the boundaries which she must abide by. and oh, she might be putting her private information on those sites, her house address, phone#, and her real name which could put her and the family into serious problems.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 04, 2009
~Sissy~:

couldn't have said it better!

i mean like seriously, i dnt really think she (your niece)knows what she is doing and it is only you who at this moment can bring light into this matter. she might meet someone online who allures her into meeting him blah, blah, it is either she is raped or goes missing. she is way too young to be doing such things. simply tell her, like ebony said you were tying some address online and the dating site page popped up.

her mom needs to know about this. doesn't she have friends? is she lonely? ask her in a gentle voice the reason why she is visiting such sites, it could be cox she is lonely or lacks attention or something else. dont take this too lightly. she might get upset but guess what? she knows no better at 13 and it is up to you and her parents to set up the boundaries which she must abide by. and oh, she might be putting her private information on those sites, her house address, phone#, and her real name which could put her and the family into serious problems.
Thank you jare

Hope say your day was good smiley wink
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 1:49am On Apr 04, 2009
thanks my dear wink my day was sad sad, went to get my hair done and the hairstylist took 4ever angry went around 11am and came back around 3pm,

so angry angry angry

how was yours?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 04, 2009
Got my hair done yest jare. TOOK L ONGER THAN YOURS, U SHOULDN'T BE COMPLAINING. tongue
aWWW, Why was your day bad? Hope it's not that boy, if you want me to whoop his ass for you. I will angry angry tongue
Mines was fine oooo, made some errands, and went out with some peeps wink
Came back to a comedic thread about London girls on NL. hehehhe ppl sha
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 2:09am On Apr 04, 2009
the hair wasn't even braiding, just common ordinary washing and pressing comb only and he took all my time and not even that there were many pple there he is so slow. i'm still piss off angry angry

gist me wetin happen with london gals grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by amosexy: 2:09am On Apr 04, 2009
I went to her room now and i told her i needed to use her system,she told me to give her 5min.

Later she called me n said i should go ahead. i was thinkin by askin for her permission i could bring the issue up without causin so much trouble bt guess wat ? she delected all the histories !!!! I was stound , i thot by showin her wat i actually saw,we could get talkin bt i was wrong.

Anyway i told her i saw the datin site she was on and she said i have no right using her system  without permission and said i dont even have prove  to show anybody.i got so mad and slapped her .Her mum told me she already warned her about datin site and since i have no prove,she didnt believe me .  Her mum felt i'm questionin her skill on how to bring up her children.

I told the mother right  there and there that i want the internet restricted from tomorrow either i  provide prove or not.

The only reason i didnt call 911 on u was becos of my mum,if u lay a finger on me again, said my neice
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by DeReloaded: 2:11am On Apr 04, 2009
Kids under 18 shouldnt have a computer in their rooms.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 2:15am On Apr 04, 2009
that's always the problem with some "moms" they never believe you till it hits them angry angry how can her mom think such a thing, when you are actually helping her. just baffling

stick with the restriction, what about her father?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 04, 2009
Sad to say, the mother is being pathetic.
Any responsible mother talk to her child about what she heard and reprimand her.

Talk to the father.
DeReloaded:

Kids under 18 shouldnt have a computer in their rooms.
True that, the computer needs to be where anyone passing by can see. where no privacy is offered.
~Sissy~:

the hair wasn't even braiding, just common ordinary washing and pressing comb only and he took all my time and not even that there were many pple there he is so slow. i'm still piss off angry angry

gist me wetin happen with london gals grin grin
rotflmao. . . .go here and watch it tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-257534.0.html
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 2:31am On Apr 04, 2009
@ ebony

i'm shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.

very disgraceful embarassed embarassed embarassed

women *shaking head* wondering when some of them will learn to respect themselves undecided undecided
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Hauwa1: 2:33am On Apr 04, 2009
that so true. no computer for kids. i wonder if sistahwoman is able to curb what her kids are doing online (with her gift of computer).

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply)

He Started Smuching His Mother When He Was 4yrs Old. True Life Story / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.