Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,121 members, 7,953,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:47 PM

Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (91320 Views)

Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? / Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria / Bringing Up A Multilingual(4) Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 8:44am On Apr 02, 2009
ebony r u a mother?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 8:58am On Apr 02, 2009
I think she spends a lot of times with kids.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2009
~Sissy~:

ebony r u a mother?
Me? lol, nope wink

Tgirl4real:

I think she spends a lot of times with kids.
You thought right tongue wink
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ Sissy, Tgirl and others:

1. How do you potty train a child?

2. What can you do if your baby starts brawling and catching an attitude in public.

(Age: Less than 5 yrs old)
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

1. How do you potty train a child?

first every child is unique so this might or might not work. patience and guidance is the keyword, so here is what i do

1) take him/her with you inside the toliet and demonstrate with them. for example during the time for my little niece, i did the demonstrating. i kinda squatted on it and she was watching me and repeated it after me cox they sometimes learn by imitating, just to make her feel ease with it. maybe do the gender thing. boys with the father and moms with the daughter.
2) recognize the signs that they need to go or help them recognize the signs of knowing when they are wet etc and encourage to talk any sensation of wanting to go they might have. my niece her face changes when she wants to go or she just stand still, all i do then is to help her sit.
3) i'd suggest keeping some toys around there, just to keep them busy while they do their thing. or maybe some cheerios as a reward each time they do it right and praise them too. like Good job! David, or high 5 just to get them going
4) let them practice by themselves how to pull up and down their pants, and maybe have them flush the toilet for you, as to get them familiar with the whole process and maybe bring their potty chair in the toilet which the child may sit, only if the want to, they may if they see you doing it.
5)just make them to sit on the potty chair if even nothing happens it just gets them familiar and comfortable with it.

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 02, 2009
You said all I've said on the other thread except for number 3. Knew I was going to learn sth new.

Thanks wink
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 11:56pm On Apr 02, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

2. What can you do if your baby starts brawling and catching an attitude in public.

i'd suggest maybe try to settle the whatever the matter is mutually and if it doesn't solve the issue i wouldn't mind dragging them in a corner and spanking them.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

i'd suggest maybe try to settle the whatever the matter is mutually and if it doesn't solve the issue i wouldn't mind dragging them in a corner and spanking them.
grin grin grin And let them call the cops on me?

I've tried this, and I've been advice not to.
Fact is, some kids thinks you won't beat them just because you'r ein public, which they are right, so they take advantage and use the opportunity to get what they want.

I took my cousin to walgreens to "sth". we got to the cashier, and you know that's where they love tho keep their candy.
He pointed to a candy right, so I bought it for him. He pointed to another, I told him no.
So he started crying and kicking. I was about to give him a "small" sroke on his buttocks, but the lady was like "awww, don't do that. He's just a kid". I told her if I walk out of the store without paying for the candy, she better not call the cops on me.
There is no way, a two year old can know why he's being spanked.
But then, how else do you hush them and not spoil them in public?

Hope say you're not tired of hearing me talk about my cutie pie. cheesy But he's the best example for this topic. Not that he's a bad kid, but he gets out of hands sometimes grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:20am On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

I took my cousin to walgreens to "sth". we got to the cashier, and you know that's where they love tho keep their candy.
He pointed to a candy right, so I bought it for him. He pointed to another, I told him no.
So he started crying and kicking.
  I was about to give him a "small" sroke on his buttocks, but the lady was like "awww, don't do that. He's just a kid". I told her if I walk out of the store without paying for the candy, she better not call the cops on me.
There is no way, a two year old can know why he's being spanked.
But then, how else do you hush them and not spoil them in public?

Hope say you're not tired of hearing me talk about my cutie pie.  cheesy But he's the best example for this topic. Not that he's a bad kid, but he gets out of hands sometimes  grin grin

haha cheesy cheesy
that one, i will never buy it for him, let him cry for all i care.  by the way i haven't heard where they said crying kills som1. so if it was me, i'd let him scream, candy is not good either so that one is even a bigger no 4rom me. after crying we enter the car

tired ke? nah, you help keep the topic flowing jare grin grin. keep them coming tongue
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

haha cheesy cheesy
that one, i will never buy it for him, let him cry for all i care.  by the way i haven't heard where they said crying kills som1. so if it was me, i'd let him scream, candy is not good either so that one is even a bigger no 4rom me. after crying we enter the car

tired ke? nah, you help keep the topic flowing jare grin grin. keep them coming tongue
LOL, abi o. Drag am out of the store and let him cry.

But it's embarassing embarassed

Infact, let me show you his pic. wink Tell me when you're ready. . . .
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:30am On Apr 03, 2009
ready, set,  go! cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

i'm ready
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 03, 2009
Okay, will remove it shortly.

The one in the pink is not me o  grin grin

That's my cutie pie  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 03, 2009
You saw it? smiley
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:38am On Apr 03, 2009
yes oh, i saw it.

oh my, he is soooooooooooooooo cute awww kiss kiss kiss kiss

oh yea, i sure do know what u r saying, at this stage, thats where the wahala start cheesy cheesy

he is really cute
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

oh my, he is soo cute awww kiss kiss kiss kiss

oh yea, i sure do know what u r saying, at this stage, thats where the wahala start cheesy cheesy

he is really cute
Na me he take resemble grin grin cheesy cheesy
lol joking
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:40am On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Na me he take resemble grin grin cheesy cheesy
lol joking

hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

you got one cutie pie there baby kiss kiss kiss
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

you got one cutie pie there baby kiss kiss kiss
One naughty troublesome handsome pie tongue
Sadly, I'd be leaving him to live on campus cry cry cry cry

Okay, now at topic,

What's the best age to have a baby? tongue grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:47am On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

One naughty troublesome handsome pie tongue
Sadly, I'd be leaving him to live on campus cry cry cry cry

Okay, now at topic,

What's the best age to have a baby? tongue grin

how sad cry cry cry cry

hahaha cheesy cheesy

my teacher once said 15-20 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked but i dont believe her. for me i'd say 15-28 cox after 30, many things start changing and i wanna grow old with them, so i'd start early
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

how sad cry cry cry cry

hahaha cheesy cheesy

my teacher once said 15-20 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked but i dont believe her. for me i'd say 15-28 cox after 30, many things start changing and i wanna grow old with them, so i'd start early
28 sounds pretty good. . . .

15-20? Was she high? shocked shocked So they can provide for them with our tax money?

You should have sent her this song. Explains a lot about having kids cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGIp3gVuslY&feature=channel_page
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:55am On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

28 sounds pretty good. . . .

15-20? Was she high?  shocked shocked So they can provide for them with our tax money?

You should have sent her this song. Explains a lot about having kids  cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGIp3gVuslY&feature=channel_page

hehehe grin grin like the octomom embarassed embarassed embarassed

i like that song grin grin but how many folks today actually wait?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

hehehe grin grin like the octomom embarassed embarassed embarassed

i like that song grin grin but how many folks today actually wait?
I knew you would wink

Octo mom? She's mentally ill. How can you have babies and not have any ways/means to take care of them. Yet, still wants to have more? undecided.

It's not that they don't want to wait, it's lack of prevention. Lack of proper judgment, just having unprotected sex up and down.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 1:25am On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

I knew you would wink

Octo mom? She's mentally ill. How can you have babies and not have any ways/means to take care of them. Yet, still wants to have more? undecided.

It's not that they don't want to wait, it's lack of prevention. Lack of proper judgment, just having unprotected sex up and down.

octomom na case oo, she is obsessed with kids and i really pity those kids cry cry embarassed embarassed

me wait? rofl grin grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

octomom na case oo, she is obsessed with kids and i really pity those kids cry cry embarassed embarassed

me wait? rofl grin grin grin
*grabs her leg* Ahhhh, you, madam, come here now!!

Wetin dey laugh you? Come and explain ooooooo shocked shocked shocked cheesy
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 1:47am On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

*grabs her leg* Ahhhh, you, madam, come here now!!

Wetin dey laugh you? Come and explain ooooooo shocked shocked shocked cheesy

me and waiting cant be in the same sentence ooo grin grin cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

me and waiting cant be in the same sentence ooo grin grin cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Why?

Are you. . . .P? shocked shocked
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 2:02am On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Why?

Are you. . . .P? shocked shocked

hahaaa grin grin grin

wot's a P?

am in a relationship so waiting is not me ooo cool cool grin grin cheesy cheesy

so are you waiting? tongue
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

hahaaa grin grin grin

wot's a P?

am in a relationship so waiting is not me ooo cool cool grin grin cheesy cheesy

so are you waiting? tongue
Oh okkk, I was talking about you waiting for the right time to have a baby.
Then you said you won't. . . .ahhh, you scared me o grin grin

I'm waiting because I don't want to get into one and Naija men here are NOT my type jare.
You know, I don't understand why ppl say Ghanaian men are ugly, the ones on my campus are so fynnn.
Gosh!
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 2:10am On Apr 03, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Oh okkk, I was talking about you waiting for the right time to have a baby.
Then you said you won't. . . .ahhh, you scared me o  grin grin

I'm waiting because I don't want to get into one and Naija men here are NOT my type jare.
You know, I don't understand why ppl say Ghanaian men are ugly, the ones on my campus are so fynnn.
Gosh!

Ghanaian men?, not sure if i have seen any of them shocked shocked shocked, the ones in my sch. are mostly from Ethiopia and they lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
continue waiting my dear, as they say good things come to those who wait wink
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

Ghanaian men?, not sure if i have seen any of them shocked shocked shocked, the ones in my sch. are mostly from Ethiopia and they lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
continue waiting my dear, as they say good things come to those who wait wink
You haven't?
Them say they're ugly, but the ones I've seen so far are cute.
The naija men here, some are fyn, but they try too hard to be westernized. Not my cup of tea.
I'm Nigerian to the core grin grin

LOL, time is still on my side, baby. Not waiting, not looking wink

I have never seen Ethiopian men o. . .
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Hauwa1: 2:27am On Apr 03, 2009
so na Ghana man Ebony dey look eh  lipsrsealed cool grin the ones on my campus no fynn at all  lipsrsealed unlike the ladies.
ummm, na soso kenke you go dey cook. pickin go dey cry ebony no go mind am because she dey pound plantain for her ghana man shocked cheesy

all this ya kweshion no go get tail anymore because ghana man must chop grin

they eat more than naija man o. but na plenty pickin you go get shocked
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Hauwa1: 2:30am On Apr 03, 2009
no look for ethiopian man o. they are not fynne unlike their ladies lipsrsealed few sha ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home / Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.