Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

I'm In Love With A Guy I Can't Have! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With A Guy I Can't Have! (734 Views)

My Husband Can't Have Sex / Help I'm About To Get Married To A Lady I Can't Have Sex With / A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In Love With A Guy I Can't Have! by Boomting1(f): 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2009
Me and this guy are close family friends and we have liked each other ever since we were 12, and now he is 23 and I’m 22. We both knew that we liked one another but never said. We first met 10 years ago but it was the fact that we were in two different states that kept us apart. Three years later we meet again and tell each other that we still feel the same, but mind you we are still apart as he went off to university up north and I'm down south, but he tells me he has a girlfriend (he met her at uni). He has now been with her for 3 years but has recently broken up with her saying he didn’t see them having a future. He’s doing his Master’s degree now in some uni in the west and I’m in my 1st year in a uni down south. A mutual friend asks us both if we still have feelings for each other, we both say yes and he kinda sets us up. I called him and we arranged to meet when we’re less busy. So now we are just messaging each other online. He then says we'll talk again when his life is back on track as in schoolwork free.

I haven't heard from him in weeks and I'm starting to feel like I'm being put on hold. My roommate says I should be more understanding as he has got a lot of schoolwork to do, but I feel that its not the schoolwork but that its he's gone off me.  I then got to find out that he met someone while doing his masters. But whenever we meet up I still get this vibe that he still has feelings for me but that the whole situation is complicated. Is he still interested? Or is it the fact that we are family friends that he doesn't want to mess things up? I dunno what to do cause I love him so much. What do y'all think?
Re: I'm In Love With A Guy I Can't Have! by Godmother(f): 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2009
Hi guy you may feel you love this guy, but so long as he asnt come out to ask you out please go on with your life. I had a similar problem once and it turned out the guy really didnt want to date me cos he already had a girlfriend. For three years I waited for him to "talk".
Please, move on.If he comes to you, fine, if not, then life goes on, dear
Re: I'm In Love With A Guy I Can't Have! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2009
People throw the word love around easily, and from reading ur post i think you doing the same. You dont love him, u might like him etc my advice is you give him some space, see if he comes for u, cuz if he feels slightly a bit of what you do for him,you wouldnt be here
Re: I'm In Love With A Guy I Can't Have! by Czarskit(m): 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2009
Probably U ain't flashing d green lights. . .so he's a bit 'scared'.

I suggest that u toss in a bait & see if he bites. If he does then that's good for you but if he doesn't . . .
Re: I'm In Love With A Guy I Can't Have! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2009
She doesnt need a bait, from my point of view am a guy who can spot a wifey type of girl from far, if ve known a girl for as long as shes known him and i think shes right 4 me, i wouldnt need a bait. I would swim towards without needing a bait
Re: I'm In Love With A Guy I Can't Have! by Czarskit(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2009
Hear urslf. . . *Tssew*
Re: I'm In Love With A Guy I Can't Have! by CrazyMan(m): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2009
Stop perambulating round a dead fig tree with the hope of it producing fruits for you; you would perambulate there for eternity and get nothing at the end of the day.

Move on with your life; there’s no need gambling with your emotions on someone you aren’t 100% sure of.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Everyday Seeing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend / An White American Falls For A Naija Chick / I'm Seriously In Love With A Lady Who We Happen To Be Age Mates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.