Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans (896 Views)

5 Things You Can Borrow From Your Boyfriend’s Wardrobe / Why Is It That When You Borrow From A Guy, they Want Sex In Return? / Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Akuneshiobike(m): 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
I am a working class guy (middle class to be precise). I am currently working towards my wedding arrangement which i proposed to be in some months ahead. My fiancee is still schooling (3rd yr) in one of the Nigerian Universities.
I must sincerely tell you that after putting down some estimates with an event planner, it resulted that the cash i have at hand is not enough to foot the whole bills. It was at this point that the idea of going for a borrow automatically came to my mind, though my other thought is kicking against it.
Mind you, my woman is not pregnant, as to say i'm rushing things, but why i'm actually thinking of embarking for a small loan is 1.because an invitation card has already been printed and partly distributed to friends and families. 2.Part of my life decisions is never to marry late,30 yrs of age, which i'm currently in is my benchmark.
Now, my ever-hungered answer(s) to my question is this-should i reschedule the wedding date until i am fully ready financially or proceed with the soft loan in other maintain the proposed date. Your sincere advise will go a long way in putting me on the right track.
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by hertz9te(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Borrow money to marry?
That's as lame as buyinG a car with your last card......how you wan take fuel am?
Use your head,, give the girl belle...anytime wey you get cash go on with the wedding
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by RichDad1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
It's Suicidal and reek of Hypocrisy, immaturity with low self esteem. angry
My sincere advice is to reschedule or CUT YOUR COAT ACCORDING TO THE SIZE OF YOUR CLOTH.
Peace. coolcool
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Gurgle(f): 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Sveen: 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
It is only advisable to borrow for business sake.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by ify84(m): 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
I also gave myself a benchmark not to reach 31 before I Marry... And I am Married at 30+ ...i took a very soft loan... Repayment date at my own time, d person won't ask me about it... I requested for support as well from friends, which I got.

Today, I am married, my wife is in school, I have no particular job, just on the street hustling... But we are very ok by enjoying wat we have... At least, I am very ok... Not to talk of u wit a job... Responsible people marry to remain responsible... While settling their 'mortgage' from their decent earnings.
Note ' be sure ur wife is ready to manage with u pending wen u will fully arrive...

Go ahead, get Dat soft loan... If it's not soft, consider another place to get it, don't reschedule.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
you printed invitation cards before you inquired about wedding cost.

now you want to borrow money to wed,

dude with due respect sha, you seem like an unorganised and confused person.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
Sveen:
It is only advisable to borrow for business sake.

thank you, only borrow for investment sake, not to pop champagne and bride price.
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
u cant(shouldn't) shift d wedding, just do it with what u av without getting a loan. sit wit yr wife to b + whoever ur planner is, cut down expenses by cancelling some thinz...do scale preference.

cos after wedding day, u go takia of ur home o. nd ur wife still in skul means ur responsibility is greater dan if she's tru already.

but for d best advice, ask ur mum.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
ify84:
I also gave myself a benchmark not to reach 31 before I Marry... And I am Married at 30+ ...i took a very soft loan... Repayment date at my own time, d person won't ask me about it... I requested for support as well from friends, which I got.

Today, I am married, my wife is in school, I have no particular job, just on the street hustling... But we are very ok by enjoying wat we have... At least, I am very ok... Not to talk of u wit a job... Responsible people marry to remain responsible... While settling their 'mortgage' from their decent earnings.
Note ' be sure ur wife is ready to manage with u pending wen u will fully arrive...

Go ahead, get Dat soft loan... If it's not soft, consider another place to get it, don't reschedule.

wow...iyaf well
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Cutehector(m): 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
Op, u hav a bible, there is a reason why the book of proverbs, wisdom and ecclesiastes was written... Now go and read proverbs fast and get wisdom!
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Cutehector(m): 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
sinestro24:

lol it seems life lessons be taught in school these days grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
Cutehector:
lol it seems life lessons be taught in school these days grin

lol, probably a GSS course
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Akuneshiobike(m): 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
ify84:

thanks so much...your comment is inspiring.
Re: Is It Advisable To Borrow Money To Complete A Wedding Plans by Akuneshiobike(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
sinestro24:

thank you. At least you contributed.

(1) (Reply)

Hungry Girls Can Be So Annoying... / Please Why Do Women Think A Man That Had 5ex With Them Loves Them / Does Sex Improve Someone's Self Esteem.. Need A Reply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.