Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted (12584 Views)

Nigerian Governors At Presidential Inauguration In Niger Republic (pix) / Assessment Of Some Nigerian Governors In The Year 2015 - Moses Ochonu / Nigerian Governors Meet In Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Chxta(m): 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2006
mochafella:

Hope he won't soon be representing a dead breed of Nigerian lipsrsealed. Nigerian politicans are a ruthless lot.
Not at this point in time. Maybe sometime within the next year if the new man doesn't find any use for him. . .
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Roscodaddy(m): 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2006
I am still searching for the link,but this country is funny,what about the accusations by Atiku over Obj involvement in that account,Obj shares in Transcorp,there are a whole lot more,we can't see names like Annenih,Mantu,Ali Chairman of PDP and those close to Obj,Annenih was reported to have stolen 300 billion,what about likes of Bode George and all that,please EFCC should shut up,now Atike has been suspended for 3 months by PDP,are we all fools?

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/breaking_news/article01
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Chxta(m): 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2006

Haven't we been through this before?
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2006
ribadu is a good man no doubt.people shouldn't really blame him he has to work were ever his boss ask him to and he he does beyond that ya'll know the consequences

and he has to protect his job cuz if the likes of zamfara state governor become president i really wonder wat will become of ribadu
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by IykeD1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2006
Nigerians, can't please them at all! Everybody is not indicted or in jail so EFCC or Ribadau
is not doing his job or is being selective, so they say.

If the same crowd of doubting Thomases care enough to read they will see where Ribadu
pointed out yesterday that it if was really about 3rd term as some critics have suggested,
that the senate president himself would have been in jail? Still not impressed.

They will also see where he claimed that foreign agencies provided him with information
to collaborate suspected looters, and that the EFCC actually started with Obasanjo's
name. Still not impressed.

But, but, but what about Transcorp and Obasanjo's shares? But, but, but what about
the N50million bribes to senators (yet no single senator has been able to come forward),
still not impressed.

Folks, Obasanjo and Ribadu is going to dissappoint a lot of you on this corruption thing.
I am happy to say I was one of the few people voicing support for Obasanjo and EFCC.
Whether all the governors walks or not, a new trend of transparency is being set in the
country. It will be a deterrent to future office holders. I am hopeful.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by 2old4that(m): 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2006
So do we then discard the progress he's (Ribadu) made so far? grin
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Uche2nna(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2006
Iyke-D:

Nigerians, can't please them at all! Everybody is not indicted or in jail so EFCC or Ribadau
is not doing his job or is being selective, so they say.

If the same crowd of doubting Thomases care enough to read they will see where Ribadu
pointed out yesterday that it if was really about 3rd term as some critics have suggested,
that the senate president himself would have been in jail? Still not impressed.

They will also see where he claimed that foreign agencies provided him with information
to collaborate suspected looters, and that the EFCC actually started with Obasanjo's
name. Still not impressed.

But, but, but what about Transcorp and Obasanjo's shares? But, but, but what about
the N50million bribes to senators (yet no single senator has been able to come forward),
still not impressed.

Folks, Obasanjo and Ribadu is going to dissappoint a lot of you on this corruption thing.
I am happy to say I was one of the few people voicing support for Obasanjo and EFCC.
Whether all the governors walks or not, a new trend of transparency is being set in the
country. It will be a deterrent to future office holders. I am hopeful.

Honestly,I think the concept of EFCC is very nice
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Uche2nna(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2006
But EFCC is kind of limited by Baba's instructions!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by 2old4that(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2006
Honestly,I think the concept of EFCC is very nice

Fine!

Atleast they have made some striking revolution about corruption by officials. If it wasnt for their bravery we wouldnt know some of this things. seriously!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by naijacutee(f): 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2006
Yes, i saw this on BBC and I was going to post on it but clearly someone beat me to it.

All I can say is : HALLELUYAH!!!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by IykeD1(m): 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2006

Fine!

Atleast they have made some striking revolution about corruption by officials. If it wasnt for their bravery we wouldnt know some of this things. seriously!

That's my point exactly.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2006
Uche2nna:

But EFCC is kind of limited by Baba's instructions!

true talk.so the fight against corruption is limited.i jst saw in one of the dailies today nigeria is not in the world bank IMF list of those fighting corruption.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Sijien(m): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2006
we dey wait o. i wan see which one wan go prison
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2006
to u guys shouting down on ribadu, would u rather prefer he does not indict anyone? Haba half bread is better than none and there is no way he can possibly rid nigeria of all these lootes all at once. So let us be realistic. he is indeed trying and this is the first time this kind of thing is happening in our country. whether being selective or not, the essence of catching a criminal is to use him as a deterret/scapegoat for the others so that other criminals would be well behaved as they never know who is next!
Finally some of u pple saying efcc is a tool of Obj don't know what u're saying? who else could be closer to obj than Fayose- my state governor, Nnamani, Makarfi, odili and co. these pple are known supporters of obj and yet they have been indicted or under investigation. Perhaps u pple shouting this obj/efcc thing are family members of all these thieves who have benefited from the loot or the thieves in these various states in disquise. you had better watch ur mouths and not let the curses of even unborn generations of nigeria descend on you!!! eyin ole gbogbo angry
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by zebudaya(m): 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2006
They should all be tried and sentenced to prison, all that money should be used for education, or to finish abandoned road projects.

Zamfara state governor is cutting people's hands if they steal a chicken, and he's stealing so much money.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2006
ronkebaby:

to u guys shouting down on ribadu, would u rather prefer he does not indict anyone? Haba half bread is better than none and there is no way he can possibly rid nigeria of all these lootes all at once. So let us be realistic. he is indeed trying and this is the first time this kind of thing is happening in our country. whether being selective or not, the essence of catching a criminal is to use him as a deterret/scapegoat for the others so that other criminals would be well behaved as they never know who is next!
Finally some of u people saying efcc is a tool of Obj don't know what u're saying? who else could be closer to obj than Fayose- my state governor, Nnamani, Makarfi, odili and co. these people are known supporters of obj and yet they have been indicted or under investigation. Perhaps u people shouting this obj/efcc thing are family members of all these thieves who have benefited from the loot or the thieves in these various states in disquise. you had better watch your mouths and not let the curses of even unborn generations of nigeria descend on you!!! eyin ole gbogbo angry
[/quot

i quite agree with you on a couple of things u said but let's watch who they will arrest after they've indicted the governors.u guys don't seem to know obj well.they guy has a good side but his bad side,is what he has shown to nigerians.nobody is sayin EFcc is not workin.but wat about the untouchables.ahmadu ali bode george, tony annenih(dis guy swaped 300 billion from ministry of works btw 1999-2003)they are still the elderstates men in PDP.NPA since wen did they uncover a 50miilion dollars fraud in NPA.they guys wey they involved no get immunity bode george and co.but wat has EFCC don.but alamesigha.simply because he indicated intrest to run as atiku's running mate them.arrange am.(and i hope u' r not going to say he jumped bail,because dariye, ibrahim idris and ibori well all still caught by met police and @ d end of the day they were realeased)wat abt tony annenih.well some pple jst open mouth dey yarn dust.wat is obj doing.fightin corruption.yes he can do it in one day but if he wants to let him stop being corrupt himself and face the fight.instead of using his fighting corruption team for personal use.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2006
ronkebaby:

Finally some of u people saying efcc is a tool of Obj don't know what u're saying? who else could be closer to obj than Fayose- my state governor, Nnamani, Makarfi, odili and co. these people are known supporters of obj and yet they have been indicted or under investigation. Perhaps u people shouting this obj/efcc thing are family members of all these thieves who have benefited from the loot or the thieves in these various states in disquise. you had better watch your mouths and not let the curses of even unborn generations of nigeria descend on you!!! eyin ole gbogbo angry

i quite agree with you on a couple of things u said but let's watch who they will arrest after they've indicted the governors.u guys don't seem to know obj well.they guy has a good side but his bad side,is what he has shown to nigerians.nobody is sayin EFcc is not workin.but wat about the untouchables.ahmadu ali bode george, tony annenih(dis guy swaped 300 billion from ministry of works btw 1999-2003)they are still the elderstates men in PDP.NPA since wen did they uncover a 50miilion dollars fraud in NPA.they guys wey they involved no get immunity bode george and co.but wat has EFCC don.but alamesigha.simply because he indicated intrest to run as atiku's running mate them.arrange am.(and i hope u' r not going to say he jumped bail,because dariye, ibrahim idris and ibori well all still caught by met police and @ d end of the day they were realeased)wat abt tony annenih.well some pple jst open mouth dey yarn dust.wat is obj doing.fightin corruption.yes he can do it in one day but if he wants to let him stop being corrupt himself and face the fight.instead of using his fighting corruption team for personal use.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by IykeD1(m): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2006
DonJazzie,

Will you consider Marwa an enemy or a friend of Obasanjo? Remember he had a case to answer,
they took him in, he did what he was supposed to do (I am thinking explain or refund the money
that was lodged in his foreign account via Abacha) and he is a free man today. He has promised
to keep the EFCC if elected president. It doesn't mean that once you are picked up, you are on
your way to jail for life. If that was the case, Adenuga will be cooling off today and wouldn't have
had the chance to take off.

Again, you people have to understand the way law enforcement really works. You may look
suspicious with all the money in your bank account, but if they can't prove for CERTAIN that funds
got moved from a government account to your personal account with all the wire transfer details,
account numbers, etc. they have no case! If Bode George was let go, it could be that he has
made nice - refunded the questionable funds or simply was not guilty as assumed or the EFCC
still need to do more investigation. It doesn't have to be that he is close to Obasanjo.

Anyway, I see you are coming around a bit, we just need to work you up with more facts.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2006
bode george wasn't let go i'm telling you categorically,the case was investigated and fraud was detected.the EFCC boss headed the panel on that investigation.

wat abt tony annenih 300 billion naira.that was was investigated i dnt think that guy even knows where d EFCC office is cuz he wasn't called and stuff.

abt adenuga.they strongly believe,which is true that he would support the vice president campaign.so they are trying to do everything possible to rupture the friendship he has with atiku.and EFCC came out with a false report that globacom got's it's money for it's licence from the PTDF deposit which was given to ETB.which was a fat lie.jst one of those gimmircks.not until glo showed the world were they got thier money from EFCC would still have been on thier neck.now they've shut they mouth

marwa.hope u remebered.that he denied he ever wanted to contest the presidential election after he left EFCC.i unconfirmed reports have it that obj had a meeting with him to sheeve his presendential ambition.not until the third term failure he didn't come out againa to declare his presidential ambition.

i'm not hatin obj or EFCC or nobody.all i'm sayin is if they want to do something they should do it in good faith and wholeheartedly.than prosecuting who they think is not a friend of government and thier obnoxious policies
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2006
DonJazzie,

Why are u jumping the guns? who told u it's going to be the turn of those u mentioned soon or who would have ever thot the untouchables like the ibbs, atikus, ex police commisioner and the rest of them could ever be nailed talkless of being indicted?
are u still insisting ibb is not a friend of obj.?  it is public knowledge that he spearheaded the election of obj to in the first place. what of adenuga that i learnt recently donated so much money to obj? or bode george that is presently being investigated.
i believe you are either naturally biased and love auguements or you prefer nigeria to continue to be run the way it has always been, biz as usual, chop i chop, no problem system of ibb and the rest of these thieves.
to me obj is a saint compared to them. it takes someone that does not have skeletons in his cupboard to be this confrontational even if indeed he is the one using efcc to chase his enemies. afterall common sense should tell him he won't be president for ever and he even has a few months left in office to start with. if he was really the devil u paint him to be, then all the above reasons are enough for him not to expose anyone on corruption, knowing when he leaves office, his would be exposed as well.
i think you should really think and thank God this kind or revolution is happening in our own times. I can't wait to see what would happen next month. it is really going to be a great comedy/drama among those thieves and beware if you are one of them in disguise!!!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 11:26pm On Sep 28, 2006
@ronkebaby

obj is a sainty compared to who?lmao

bode george being investigated?lol

eh b like u nor dey naija.so u'r views are jst a short sight to the events happenin.

who told u obj has a friend?

killing maself with laughter

omo u nor know na him make u jst dey yarn
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2006
DonJazzie,

i think you are very disillusioned about happenings at home- naija. i guess u don't follow the news well enough. u muddle up ur points most of the time. if you so much love atiku and co, no problem, u could invite them to come be the president of your family lineage now, abi? please majority of we nigerians love the transformation that is taking place in our country. read the newpapers well and compare public opinions on this subject matter, nairaland not excluded.

as for the rest of us, we know who truly the thieves are. and for the records, atiku has not been denying all his allegations, he has instead being allerging he and obj spent all the monies he's been accused of embezzing. this act we know is divertory. afterall, a decent man that knows his boss is corrupt would have resigned long ago or exposed him. it shows the kind of president u would have sa. chop i chop. finally for the fact that atiku has not denied all these allegations, but instead ditches out the cheques he has issued even to the president and his aids means it is an acceptance of guilt in public opinion. his action is yes, am currupt, but so are these and these. hummmmmmmmmmm
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2006
DonJazzie,

i said it and u have proved it. you r highly disillusioned. isn't the opposite of opponents, friend/supporters? or what do you mean by saying obj is selective? you really need to check your dic
and u implied in ur previous post too that bode george is being investigated, didn't u? anyway, i am sure he is being investigated. do ur google search well and u would see a lot about this npa stuff. who is bode george compared to ibb? so who shd obj fear the most of the two? ur posts i am sorry make no sense. u keep contracdicting urself abeg!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2006
don jazzie

bode george wasn't let go i'm telling you categorically,the case was investigated and fraud was detected.the EFCC boss headed the panel on that investigation

Am highly surpriced you've forgotten what u wrote so soon. i think u need to sleep now, maybe that would help ur disillusioned brain! goodnight!!!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2006
u jst dnt know any wat u r sayin.atiku is my man cuz he's a thief and he's not denying it.

can u remember the event's that took place the lead to the exit of okonjo iweala(jst dnt tell mi dat she left on her own.)wat abtillegal withdrawals frm d excess crude oil accounts.

i wnt say anything on dis matter again.cuz u there and yarnin u have only a lil idea of wat's happenin

if u like make u dey there dey speak english the form noah.wat d u know?roflmao
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by donjazzie(m): 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2006
so u want mi to ask why he wasnt prosecuted b4 u know wat i'm sayin

oh sorry i bin forget say d person wey i follow dey yarn kno know nattin abt the subject.lol
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by Roscodaddy(m): 11:47pm On Sep 28, 2006
Ronke baby,na wetin sef,OBJ give you ontract or he buy you motor car from that MOFAS account because na wetin dem dey use our moni do,abi you don gain from OBJ,have you ever sat down to ask why we did not have a minister of Petroleum for about 5 years,we are the only country that has oil without a minister,is obj god,wake up abeg before you begin yarn dust,no be to dey speak english for here,everybodi go school,why did Okonji Iwela leave,think back,maybe na yoruba yu dey hear
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2006
yes, i can see atiku is ur man and that was why i suggested u invite him to come be president of ur lineage. who knows, u might even be atiku in disguise on this forum.

for ur information, he has never outrightly said he is a thief. i remember he used to boast before this investigation was made public that he they can never find anything implicable agaisnt him. he is not only a thief, but a liar too. a bold thief would have come to say yes, i am guilty. he is yet to say that. he is still playing games about it, looking for who to drag into his sinking boat.

for ur information, haven't heard the other angle into this ngozi resignation? anyway u appear not so brilliant, so i would tell u my findings. some pple are allerging this woman inflated the monies she claimed to use in settling the paris club for nigeria debt relief. another allergation against her is that she employed mostly her relatives as her workers/personal aids. I helped u with this revelations because i know u are too lazy to research. u happen to be the type that does little thinking before talking. don't thing i want to continue to exchange words with u on this topic or ain't u ashamed u are about the only one with a different view on this topic. i am sure anger they catch u as they wan make nigeria better for us all  and not a few that have been siphoning all our wealth. well that anger go kill u soon if you no support the nigerian masses. atiku sycopath!
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2006
don jazzie

so u want mi to ask why he wasnt prosecuted before u know what i'm sayin

simply no sense. see who is talking. common sentence, u can't construct!!! grin
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by IykeD1(m): 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2006
ronkeBaby,

You are a blessing to this topic. DonJazzie seems to know what's on everyone's mind,
but the obvious.

Why will Obasanjo choose this moment in time when he knows he has less than a year
in office to begin to make more enemies probably out of those are most likely to succeed
him and thus come after him? Like you said, if he had looted the treasury why will he
begin to probe others at this point in time for doing the same?

I can't read Obasanjo's mind or speak for him, but my opinion of him is that he is above
the fray when he comes to the usual corrupt practices in Nigeria. He may have had a
checkered history when he was military head of state and may have built his farm with
misappropriated funds, but he has had time to reform himself. He may be crude, tactless,
and always seems to get involve in dealings that presents a conflict of interest, but he
is no where closed to being corrupt compared to what we have seen in the past 30 years.

Several years ago, people were taking his son who had just became a lawyer to task for
acquiring a $500,000 or so house in New York. Now I even laugh at that, because if it
was IBB or Abacha's son, the transaction would have been $5million or $50million. There
lies the difference.
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 11:59pm On Sep 28, 2006
Roscodaddy:

Ronke baby,na wetin sef,OBJ give you ontract or he buy you motor car from that MOFAS account because na wetin them dey use our moni do,abi you don gain from OBJ,have you ever sat down to ask why we did not have a minister of Petroleum for about 5 years,we are the only country that has oil without a minister,is obj god,wake up abeg before you begin yarn dust,no be to dey speak english for here,everybodi go school,why did Okonji Iwela leave,think back,maybe na yoruba yu dey hear

obj buy me car and give me money. for ur information, he is giving me this gift in terms of wanting me and my two young kids to have a better future in naija. maybe if he succeeds in this corruption war, my sojourn in a foreign land where i am looked down upon as a hungry african/third world would end! and my passport would henceforth be respected and treated with dignity alongside that of the uk, japan singapore, us even indian. for you who prefer to stay in the camp of the atikus and ibbs, welcome to kirikiri maximum prison becos even if they escape justice now, they would not escape it forever. the sinners shall never go unpunished, that is what the bible says and God himself says he hates iniguities and cannot stand it.
and what difference does not having a petroleum minister have? didn't we have petr. min when ibb and the rest looted the treasury dry? or have u forgotten so soon the fuel scarcity of the past goverments? u really need to think
Re: Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted by ronkebaby(f): 12:01am On Sep 29, 2006
Iyke-D

Thank you. i am happy you belong to the winning camp. pple who really want a change for our dia country and may God help us really to overcome all these thieves (amen)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement / El Rufai Supports Dino Melay's Scandalous Lifestyle. / Open Dialogue With APC Progressives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.