Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (28980 Views)

"3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by ewosk: 12:01am On Aug 09, 2015
Kingsasian:
I agree with you though but he didn't help the Op get the job.

wetin happen u nor sabi read first paragraph abi.......read the op again.....

Op Truth is i would b pained if am dat ur nigga...no body like retrogression......for me you should keep the job stay put in the shared accommodation and help in any way u can in tym He is 'supposed' to get over it.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 09, 2015
Quit ur friend and nnot the job...life kwantinuse.

Ur friend no dey think smart, maybe that's why he was kicked out. Instead of the cockhead to bless God that u are there, he's forming jealousy like an average yorobahgirl.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Debayurr: 12:40am On Aug 09, 2015
Brother its nice of you to have showed up here cos if I was in ur shoes,I'll feel d same...shows u carry a lot of empathy for ppl...d tin is dis,its normal for your friend to feel badt and u have a big duty to play in this case...1st don't quit ur job...2nd Pray for God's guidance and for him to get a better job than he was...3rd..try and support him financially and morally...try look around and see if u can also use some information to get him another job...4th..paint his good image @ ur work place too cos he had a very good heart to have even tot of connecting u on board,so he's human and ofcourse he shud feel the way he feels ryt now..time would heal up the wounds,he will just need sometime...he myt not have proficient with the use of computer programmes buh u see that kindness he had can take him places...just keep trying to work on him..he needs a miracle ryt now and u just must not stop supporting him in anyway...u're indebted to him in a way,buh its not your fault what happened to him did....
A lot of people b talking sh*t here like if it were them dey wnt feel worse...I see a lot of people who can help ppl get jobs but won't do such because they feel they myt outshine them...some don't even wana help at all cos dey already feel fine and beta dan u and they want it to stay that way..we have a lot of tinx eating us up in naija nd if we don't address this thinx we won't move forward.ts just emotional trauma which wud pass wit time..DON'T QUIT YOUR JOB bro,nuf said
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by emyguz(m): 6:29am On Aug 09, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

Though I have no other means yet but you know that feelings when someone you always talk to just begin to act strange and wouldn't release his anger by speaking just looking since his fired.........

Please what can I do? Should I quit the job as well?

Don't you dear quit that job
Get him a surprise, like splitting your salary into two and paying into his account or you can get him what you know be loves best.
there are many ways to make up to him his being fired was out of his own ignorance of modern day operations
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by benedict100(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2015
you self u b zombie oooo....God don use ur friend uplift u he come dey vex.....tell dat ur friend to go into the Lagoon and die....GERARA HERE
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Crieff(m): 7:47am On Aug 09, 2015
I wanted to comment but thought I should read through all the comments before making mine.

Powerfulsettings, I'll encourage you to keep the job but should the situation between both of you not improve, don't think twice before resigning from the job. However before you resign, try and plumb the feelings of your friend.

Is he unhappy with himself because his incompetence finally caught up with him? Or

He is unhappy because, in retrospect, bringing you in was a move that now boomerang on him? Or

He is unhappy with you for real?

Whatever the reason for his withdrawal, if things do not improve between both of you, resign from the job. If you had gotten the job on your own it weird have been a different thing.

A good friend checks his friend in prison.
A better friend gets the friend's bail and get him out of prison.
A true friend will be there with you.
It is a don't ingrained code of loyalty that few possess.
Even the bible say mourn with those that mourn. That it is a strictly personal life does not mean you must confirm it by going on with the job.

Like I said, there wouldn't be any thought of resignation if you had a job without his help... Unless things improve between both of you... Carefully plan your resignation and move on. If your friendship survives this... Great, if not, he will always remember that you did that for me.

Though it may seem irrational but it is the noble to do. Few will choose this course of action. It is more honourable than it is reasonable. It is how a band of brothers should be.

My opinion.

#NOWaboutThatPrisonBusiness....don't get it twisted though.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by kane33: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2015
Na wa
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by SadiqDO(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2015
A lot has been said. My 2 cents:

1. Don't quit the job because of him. You both would probably be worse of if you did that. Like someone mentioned, would you be happy keeping him as a friend if he becomes happy with you when you quit?

2. Don't leave the apartment, yet. Give him time, be nice, take on expenses in the house, support him financially (but not in a way that would make him feel inferior - send money to his account instead of handing him money directly). I believe he's just feeling quite bad and needs some time to recuperate. Your being nice should help him think clearly and realize it's not your fault quicker.

3. Help him find another job and keep it.

... Which brings me to ask: did you attempt to help him get better at work when he was being chastised by your boss? If you didn't, that's really not nice if you. Maybe that's why he's mad? Apologize in that case.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2015
my simple advice to is to harden your heart
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by davisjoeh(m): 9:40am On Aug 09, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Will make this very brief, 3 months ago i joined my friend at his place of work, with his help i was able to be employed there.

It all started with the manager complaining about my friend's work style and always comparing him with me, despite the fact they don't know we are close pals and we live together, this really get me worried he is not so good on computers yet they kept comparing him to me, always saying he's not fast enough, and later after some weeks the boss concluded he's withdrawing the appointment of some workers due to shortage in patronage, to my disbelieve my friend name was among the 14 workers discharged, and ever since then he not been talking to me in the house, he kept mute even when I try talking to him, now I've decided to quit the work at month end, for the sake of peace between us.

Though I have no other means yet but you know that feelings when someone you always talk to just begin to act strange and wouldn't release his anger by speaking just looking since his fired.........

Please what can I do? Should I quit the job as well?
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by davisjoeh(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=davisjoeh post=36764864][/quote]oh no!!! Well u thought it well, but that not perfect enough, u don't have to quit but u just give him some piece of advice, and don't be too far from him in any aspect just for him not to so much feel the absence of his formal business, till he gets another
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by dominusgai(m): 10:17am On Aug 09, 2015
Hello, i believe friendship is worth more dan pay. Its not ur job that will help u in an emergency, it will be ur friend. Believe me, though jobs are hard to find, friendship is harder. Dont park out and dont make d mistake of giving him money. He will feel u are showing off. I would advise u prepare a resignation letter and show it to him. Tell him u value him more dan d job and if he wants u to resign u will go and submit the letter. But remember to give him time. His ego is bruised and it will take a while for things to get back to normal.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by davades(m): 10:34am On Aug 09, 2015
Bacteriocin:
Werey re ooooo!
quit and tell him to come and replace you.
maybe na you fire am you go tell me.
Again, if you quit and two of una come dey jobless, who go dey feed una?
chill for am, he go still calm down and realise you didn't fire him.

nice one man....
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by enocan4life: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2015
Don't quit ur job . He lost his job on the account of incompetence, lack of commitment n laziness. Were u d reason others were sacked too? No.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Kingsasian(m): 11:50am On Aug 09, 2015
ewosk:

wetin happen u nor sabi read first paragraph abi.......read the op again.....

Op Truth is i would b pained if am dat ur nigga...no body like retrogression......for me you should keep the job stay put in the shared accommodation and help in any way u can in tym He is 'supposed' to get over it.

I am sorry about that but you guys shouldn't forget that in life or in the race of life overtaking is allowed. The Op's friend should direct his anger at his former boss and not at the Op. Also don't forget the question the Op asked and my reply was in line to that.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Kingsasian(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2015
2sex:

read below...
in life overtaking is allowed.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Kingsasian(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2015
Publ1cEnemy:

Quit the job bro... You can always find another but you will never find another friend who will go that mile for you. If you quit your friend will feel guilty but he will know how much u value ur friendship. But if the pay is good enuf to change ur life don't quit,just keep trying to make him understand.
in the race of life overtaking is allowed.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Kingsasian(m): 11:56am On Aug 09, 2015
tonididdy:
cmon don't judge his friend like that.

We are just ordinary people...u don't know the OP and his friend and the kinda relationship they have (don't call him an untrue friend, remember the sacrifice he made also to secure a job for the OP)

@OP to be honest I have a bigheart like you and I would almost quit too just to be even but two men in same house without jobs is not a good move at the moment. Just take up providing more responsiblities in the house and while u're at that please FIND YOUR FRIEND A JOB ALSO or talk to your boss and plead with him to recall your friend, afterall your friend begged for this job 4u)

Goodluck
I'm sorry about that but you guys shouldn't
forget that in life or in the race of life
overtaking is allowed. The Op's friend should
direct his anger at his former boss and not at
the Op. Also don't forget the question the Op
asked and my reply was in line to that.
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
So because of you i was fired and you had the guts to come and announce it here..u go come meet me for house[/color]

Ooops just Kidding[color=]
wink
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by udy101(m): 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
Are you ok?
Quit which job?
Better use your head!!!!!!!!!!
If the love strong like that, make una go marry!!!!
Re: My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls by homesodear: 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
Did you all know that generating a minimum of 4k every blessed day is easy and legitimate in our country Nigeria? Want to know how? Add me on whstsapp 08034917464

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Without Two Legs Sells Ice Cream For A Living. Photo / Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.