Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge (2976 Views)

Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / Checkout This Emotional Pic That A FB Husband Used To Celebrate "Mother's Day" / How Do I Overcome This Deceit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Ademat7(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
It is a common saying that we all have strength and weakness but I think one can still improve on some weakness(I may be wrong though) my greatest challenge has been the way I handle defeat or emotional feelings like fear,un-accomplished goals etc d feeling make every life process in me pause, literally I will b like wilt vegetable leaf and my status will attract attention because pple know me as an extrovert but suddenly introvert guy will b a learner compare to my status. In my personal effort what I do is to over-eat so that I will sleep,sometimes I chat with my female friends am relieved if I do so but I still want to hear your opinion cos sometimes I wonder who I am sef
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by snakebeat: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
I think u're a pedant, which isn't too good for a man. The kind of friends u roll with can also contribute, are most of ur friends female?
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Ademat7(m): 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
snakebeat:
I think u're a pedant, which isn't too good for a man. The kind of friends u roll with can also contribute, are most of ur friends female?
most are guys tho I have female friends too.am a serving corper
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2015
Ademat7:
It is a common saying that we all have strength and weakness but I think one can still improve on some weakness(I may be wrong though) my greatest challenge has been the way I handle defeat or emotional feelings like fear,un-accomplished goals etc d feeling make every life process in me pause, literally I will b like wilt vegetable leaf and my status will attract attention because pple know me as an extrovert but suddenly introvert guy will b a learner compare to my status. In my personal effort what I do is to over-eat so that I will sleep,sometimes I chat with my female friends am relieved if I do so but I still want to hear your opinion cos sometimes I wonder who I am sef
You sound like a sanguine.

Do you fantasize too much? You need to stop it if you do because the problem with positive fantasies is that it allows you to anticipate success in the here and now. However, it don’t alert you to the problems you are likely to face along the way and can leave you with less motivation.

Enjoy your day by day progress and realistic ‘checkpoints’ is a much more practical way to create your future.

Now pick a pen and paper, write what you have accomplished, what you are proud of, what you hope to accomplish and how you want to go about it.

You're a corper, forget relationships. Looking for a relationship or looking for love will lead to heart break at this point.
Your focus will be getting a job and building a good career for yourself.

Prepare you mind, hope for the best and expect the worst.
Surround your self with positive people. Drop negative people with negative energy. Bond with the right people.

Love yourself. Whatever you think of yourself is who you are.

Overfeeding yourself and sleeping will only push you into depression.
Read a book instead, talk to love ones, exercise, have fun, watch TV. Etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2015
Bros sukkot, come advice your fellow black man. tongue lol!
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 9:31am On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:
grin grin how are ya hun ? e ku weekend hehe. hmmm ok let us diagnose his problem and check the prognosis and see if we can cure the symptoms wink

1 Like

Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:
that guy has no problem. i think say na genuine problem sef. life is about ups and downs. its a journey. i suspect he is still young, like a teenager, like 15 or 16 year old. in time he will toughen up and the problems will just be bouncing off his back when he has developed the tough skin that growing up brings. every problem seems monumental when you are 15 years old lol
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
that guy has no problem. i think say na genuine problem sef. life is about ups and downs. its a journey. i suspect he is still young, like a teenager, like 15 or 16 year old. in time he will toughen up and the problems will just be bouncing off his back when he has developed the tough skin that growing up brings. every problem seems monumental when you are 15 years old lol

He's a corper. NYSC.
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 9:38am On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:

He's a corper. NYSC.
yeah he will develop tough skin in time. nothing you can do with a person like that. you have to take all your lumps and bruises in life to toughen up. he never chi chumtin. when he starts looking for job na dat time hin go sabi say khakhi no be leather

1 Like

Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 9:44am On Aug 07, 2015
i can give health advice though. eat lots of green vegetables and dont eat too many heavy foods. this will keep you emotionally stable. dont be like these people who eat 10 wraps of eba and then wonder why they are depressed. eat light. lots of veges. drink water not coca cola or fanta. and this way you will be physically and emotionally ready to handle any challenges. you cant control your situations in life but you can keep your body strong to where situations will not affect you.

1 Like

Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 9:54am On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:

He's a corper. NYSC.
wetin dey shele this weekend ? you dey enter any parry ? lol. are you in lagos ?
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
wetin dey shele this weekend ? you dey enter any parry ? lol. are you in lagos ?

Yes am in lagos.

No parry this weekend. grin I just dey on a low key. Marathon movie weekend on point.

But there was a party last weekend. My grandpa was 'turbaned' cool
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
i can give health advice though. eat lots of green vegetables and dont eat too many heavy foods. this will keep you emotionally stable. dont be like these people who eat 10 wraps of eba and then wonder why they are depressed. eat light. lots of veges. drink water not coca cola or fanta. and this way you will be physically and emotionally ready to handle any challenges. you cant control your situations in life but you can keep your body strong to where situations will not affect you.

That's right. Eat right and exercise.
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:

Yes am in lagos.

No parry this weekend. grin I just dey on a low key. Marathon movie weekend on point.

But there was a party last weekend. My grandpa was 'turbaned' cool

be like say gramps done become kabiyesi be that na lmao. do you pay for movies ? or watch it free online ?
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:

That's right. Eat right and exercise.
exactly. and your emotions will be stable. wink
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
be like say gramps done become kabiyesi be that na lmao. do you pay for movies ? or watch it free online ?

Lol. Not kabiyesi.

My friend downloads it free online. Don't know how he does it. I copy as much as I want from him.

Or I watch on cable network- I pay for that.

Where will u be wearing your marten boots to this weekend? grin
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:

Lol. Not kabiyesi.

My friend downloads it free online. Don't know how he does it. I copy as much as I want from him.

Or I watch on cable network- I pay for that.

Where will u be wearing your marten boots to this weekend? grin
ahh ok cuz i was going to recommend a free place to watch it online. there are many places online to watch free movies. but then again it will eat your data plan unless you have unlimited access. this weekend ? hmmmm i shall be stomping all over nairaland in my dr martens lol. ermm seriously though ? my area is very boring. there is nothing to do except go to the park or watch a movie or go to the pub. undecided
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
ahh ok cuz i was going to recommend a free place to watch it online. there are many places online to watch free movies. but then again it will eat your data plan unless you have unlimited access. this weekend ? hmmmm i shall be stomping all over nairaland in my dr martens lol. ermm seriously though ? my area is very boring. there is nothing to do except go to the park or watch a movie or go to the pub. undecided

You can still recommend. I might need it in the near future.

Call your homies friends over and play some ps3 or 4 or watch a movie.

Never let a weekend go to waste. Lol.
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 11:28am On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:

You can still recommend. I might need it in the near future.

Call your homies friends over and play some ps3 or 4 or watch a movie.

Never let a weekend go to waste. Lol.
ps3 and ps4 ? i dont play games. games is for kids or adults with the mind of kids. my weekend never ever goes to waste. whatever I do, I enjoy it. check this site out, its called viooz
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
ps3 and ps4 ? i dont play games. games is for kids or adults with the mind of kids. my weekend never ever goes to waste. whatever I do, I enjot it. check this site out, its called viooz

Oh thanks. I'll check.

I can see you don't know much about games.

Have a great weekend.
Jah bless breddren grin
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 11:56am On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:

Oh thanks. I'll check.

I can see you don't know much about games.

Have a great weekend.
Jah bless breddren grin
games ? nah lmao. i have just never been interested in those computer games or ps3 and ps4. its just never being my thing. to each his own. i like games but that is actual physical games, like I enjoy playing basketball. i like games where you move around not sit in one place pushing buttons. have a great weekend ke ? i go still see you for here na. abi you haf retayad from nairaland for the weekend ? shocked grin grin
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
games ? nah lmao. i have just never been interested in those computer games or ps3 and ps4. its just never being my thing. to each his own. i like games but that is actual physical games, like I enjoy playing basketball. i like games where you move around not sit in one place pushing buttons. have a great weekend ke ? i go still see you for here na. abi you haf retayad from nairaland for the weekend ? shocked grin grin

Am always here o. I will never deactivate my account o. grin am like mount zion that cannot be moved. Lol

Not many Nigerian's like basketball. Maybe because most of them are short. grin

How tall are you?
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 12:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:

Am always here o. I will never deactivate my account o. grin am like mount zion that cannot be moved. Lol

Not many Nigerian's like basketball. Maybe because most of them are short. grin

How tall are you?
hahaha mount zion indeed. you dont have to be tall to like basketball. some of the best basketball players are very short. mugsy bogues was 5ft 2 and he played in the NBA for several years. me I am 6ft on the dot. 6ft 2 inches with doc martens lol

Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by innervoice(m): 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Ademat7:

You handle emotional feelings by ALLOWING THEM TO BE. All emotions, negative and positive, are part of the human experience. Allow them to be and they will pass.

Defeat, unaccomplished goals etc are also part of the human experience. Accept! Don't dwell on past experience by thinking the same thoughts over and over again but move on by focusing on the presence.
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
hahaha mount zion indeed. you dont have to be tall to like basketball. some of the best basketball players are very short. mugsy bogues was 5ft 2 and he played in the NBA for several years. me I am 6ft on the dot. 6ft 2 inches with doc martens lol

5'2? Am taller than that Mugsy o grin
Who's that iroko tree beside him? shocked

Lebron james and micheal jordan nko? Lol
I don't even know much about basketball.

You're a tall lad wink keep it up. grin
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Joavid:

5'2? Am taller than that Mugsy o grin

Lebron james and micheal jordan nko? Lol
I don't even know much about basketball.

You're a tall lad wink keep it up. grin
lebron and jordan are like 6ft 6 and 6ft 8 or something like that. i am a midget in basketball height grin

1 Like

Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Captainswag225(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
u need psychological help.
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by SirShymexx: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
[b]

Dayumm!!

Big bredrin, this classic picture of Mugsy and the legendary Manute Bol brought back memories, I tell ya. Back when the Washington Wizards were called: Bullets. grin

I saw a video of Manute Bol's son on a basketball mixtape recently, and he's about 6'9, but still in middle-school or so. He has hoops, especially with his mid-range game, despite his height.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by sukkot: 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

Dayumm!!

Big bredrin, this classic picture of Mugsy and the legendary Manute Bol brought back memories, I tell ya. Back when the Washington Wizards were called: Bullets. grin

I saw a video of Manute Bol's son on a basketball mixtape recently, and he's about 6'9, but still in middle-school or so. He has hoops, especially with his mid-range game, despite his height.
bruh bruh you went AWOL like a mahfukaz lol. whats been happening ? trust all is bless. bro those were the golden era of the NBA. actually let me not front, when manute bol was in the NBA i hadnt started watching the NBA or I was in some part of the world where the NBA was not appreciated and broadcasted. I remember my obsession with the NBA began with the hakeem the dream, larry johnson, alonzo mourning, kevin johnson, mitch richmond, mahmud abdul rauf etc etc era. the early to mid nineties is when my obsession with the NBA blossomed. during the time of manute bol I didnt watch much because I cant remember seeing manute bol in any NBA game for some weird reason. yeah his son can ball. i saw a video of him on youtube a while back. bolbol. what a name. i did read about manute bol though and he seems like a nice person because he touched many people who still speak very highly of him today. he apparently was a very patriotic citizen of sudan wink
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by tpiander: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
Such feelings are common to everyone when/if they encounter setbacks @ op.

why do you think they're unique to you alone?
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by SirShymexx: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
sukkot:
bruh bruh you went AWOL like a mahfukaz lol. whats been happening ? trust all is bless. bro those were the golden era of the NBA. actually let me not front, when manute bol was in the NBA i hadnt started watching the NBA or I was in some part of the world where the NBA was not appreciated and broadcasted. I remember my obsession with the NBA began with the hakeem the dream, larry johnson, alonzo mourning, kevin johnson, mitch richmond, mahmud abdul rauf etc etc era. the early to mid nineties is when my obsession with the NBA blossomed. during the time of manute bol I didnt watch much because I cant remember seeing manute bol in any NBA game for some weird reason. yeah his son can ball. i saw a video of him on youtube a while back. bolbol. what a name. i did read about manute bol though and he seems like a nice person because he touched many people who still speak very highly of him today. he apparently was a very patriotic citizen of sudan wink

Lol, rasta has been around - just ducking in, and ducking out. You should know things are on this forum these days, big bredrin. There's nothing happening in the culture section anymore. The politics section is rife with stark illiterates and political jobbers. And the family section (this section) where a nyggah uses as the smoking section, to puff fa.gs and talk about nothing is rife with ignorant muthaphuckaz who do pretentious famzing under their real handles - and troll one another under alternate handles, while looking for who to blame for being phony and fake lol. I just glance through and observe most times, when I'm looking for comic relief. However, I do see you around, especially in the politics section doing ya thing. Can't be disturbing ya celestial message and you in ya element putting Biafrans in their place. Dun noe.

Manute Bol did play in the NBA till 1995. I also never really saw him play, but as a kid, I did remember this picture especially on Sport Center - showing the shortest/tallest to ever play in the NBA. That was the logo back then. Way before Shaqtin' A Fool, when Sport Center on ESPN was the shiznit. I also did see bits of Hakeen Olajuwon, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Kevin Johnson, Michael Jordan, David Robinson, Shawn Kemp, Garry Payton, Jason Kidd, Stockton et al. But I'd say when I really became acquainted with the NBA was during the Shaq and Kobe dynasty at the Lakers - and Allen Iverson and Mutombo era of the 76ers. The Mario, Lil Bow Wow, and Lil Romeo era. My favourite players back then were Kobe, Chris Webber, A.I, Agent Zero (Gilbert Arenas), Jerry Stackhouse, Tracy McGrady, and Vince Carter. It's just like how I'll always remember the USA 94 footie world cup and the Romarios, Bebetos, Dungas, Hagis, Stoichkovs, Martin Dahlins, Baresis, Sammers, Matthaus of this world - but the France 98 footie world cup will always be my first proper one.

Yes, Manute Bol was a giant with a sweetheart - and he did a lot for Sudan. Saw his documentary one time. Mutombo is another one. But I don't know if Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is cut from the same cloth. However, with the way he helps current players all the time - and what Kenny Smith says about him all the time on TNT - he also looks like a very nice man. That's the African soul shinning through them, unlike a lot of grimy Africans out there. Legends!
Re: Help:how Do I Overcome This Emotional Challenge by Shymm3x: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
This muthaphucking spambot just banned my post - WTF?

Lemme post it again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola's Baby Bump / Is This Right For Your Sister In-law To Say This To Your Mum? / Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.