Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. (962 Views)

Nursing Mother With Her Baby Spotted At A Betting Shop In Lagos. Photos / See Advise Woman Received After She Caught Her Husband Assaulting Her Sister / A Nursing Mother Of 4month Got Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. by ise23: 5:52am On Aug 07, 2015
Hi nlers,pls i seriously need your genuine advice on the following before opening a nursing home as this is something I av really wanted to do in a very long time.

-Factors to consider

-Risk involve

-And any helpful info.

Thank you

Re: Advice Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. by SUV(f): 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
I guess u hv not gotten a response cos some of us in Nigeria cannot relate with a Nursing home. I for one don't even know what the nursing home is suppose to be for.

Maybe u shld explain better so we can give d suggestions.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nursing home? Expatiate.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
nursing homes are a bit alien to the african culture. Africans like to keep their elferly ones close by so as to show they are loved even in old age. Though with the way things are headed now that both parents have to work and kids might have to go to lessons after school and all some people might be interested.

Some might want it on a part time basis, say they come to pick up their parents on weekends. you just have to have a standard facility with suficient amenities. Also the location might didctate the fees you will charge.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. by ise23: 8:04am On Aug 09, 2015
SUV:
I guess u hv not gotten a response cos some of us in Nigeria cannot relate with a Nursing home. I for one don't even know what the nursing home is suppose to be for.

Maybe u shld explain better so we can give d suggestions.

Old peoples home. A place where they are taking care of like a boarding house.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. by ise23: 8:05am On Aug 09, 2015
NairaMode:
Nursing home? Expatiate.

Home for the aged
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 09, 2015
ise23:

Home for the aged

No one wants to come and drop there aged parents in a flat. You need a facility.
Have your lawyer draft a contact to be signed by the client in case of death.
Do not take any one with severe health related problems.
Be ready not to make profit for some time as is customary to those who are fresh in the business.
A strategic location should be considered.
Etc etc.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. by dansatch: 8:33am On Aug 09, 2015
ise23:
Hi nlers,pls i seriously need your genuine advice on the following before opening a nursing home as this is something I av really wanted to do in a very long time.

-Factors to consider

-Risk involve

-And any helpful info.

Thank you

Re: Advice Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing
Your target population should be rich folks and childless pensioners. You should carry out a detailed statistical population survey; Remember you can only spend money to make money. Feel free to contact me for statistical analysis and business plans.

(1) (Reply)

Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible / Personalized E-cards For All Occasions And Expressions / Pics! Whose Dinner Would You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.