Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title (17007 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Osinbajo, Ambode And Ajimobi / Fashola And Ajimobi Beat Drum As They Laugh Hard In Oyo (Photos) / Malika Haqq And Ajimobi's Photo Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2015
Aregbesola doesnt worth to be called that in the first place.....
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by EmmyBoy2(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2015
[quote author=chukwudi44 post=36697146]AreGBESE go and pay your workers and quit all this nonsense.Just pay the workers who cares whether you answer excellency or not[/quote
Lol grin
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by mastengsynergy: 10:27am On Aug 07, 2015
A tout and a guy-man like Aregbesola Shouldn't be called His Excellency. There is nothing Excellence about the man angry
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by jice(m): 10:27am On Aug 07, 2015
Too late to be accepted from them. Copy Coy hypocrites
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by jhuzcoyle(m): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2015
INTROVERT:
call me introvert
meaning JOBLESSNESS
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by homesteady(m): 10:32am On Aug 07, 2015
haaa! Whether there is 'His excellency' or not, what difference does it make? rubbish!
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by jurist21(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2015
These people again, does this change the issue, demand and call for good governance?
Nonsensical
Yeye dey smile
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by Temysteve(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2015
dunkem21:
I agree totally with Aregbe on this ..
It is only fools that calls a Fraudster an Excellency grin
who is a fraudster?
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by madgoat(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2015
INTROVERT:
call me introvert

Why why why why.... Why always you angry angry angry
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by kasend(m): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2015
aregbe and ajumobi just one word for you. Shame!!!!!!!!!
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by Ayuslad(m): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2015
Yes! They are right. The word "Your excellency" is meant for people with proven integrity and good character. Therefore, they don't deserve it. Hypocrites!!!
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by chesterlee(m): 10:36am On Aug 07, 2015
Mr Aregberascal!
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by Temysteve(m): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2015
JewelRegi:
welcomed development. By the way wht is so excellent abt dat excellence.

On a new development, today is my birthday ooo. So to celibate with me I need 200 likes. Thanks cool
do u need likes to abstain from sexual intercourse (in reply to ur celibacy)

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by dblaisepascal(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2015
metronaija:

The Governor of the State of Osun, Mr Rauf Aregbesola as well as Oyo State's, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, have both called for an end to the use of 'His Excellency' and 'Executive' to refer to the president, governors and other public office holders in the country.

This was made known at the opening ceremony of the 45th Builders Conference of the Nigerian Institute of Building (NIOB), held at International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, on Tuesday.

The governors described the 'His Excellency' affixed to names of public office holders, as an unnecessary ego inflater which transfers “unnecessary extraordinary powers to public office holders.”

Aregbesola was the one who first raised the issue. He said that if such a title should be used at all, it should be to deserving public officials, only after their tenure in office. He also added that the use of 'Executive' to refer to governors was not constitutional and not part of the practice in democratic systems in the world.

He said:

"I do not think it is right to refer to those in government, because they hold governorship or presidential position, as ‘His Excellency’. We copied our democratic system from the West and they hardly use such adjectives to qualify their public officers. I have never seen President of America, Barack Obama referred to as His Excellency on any public occasion.

He is just Mr President and this does not diminish his authority. Neither will you hear the Prime Minister of Britain or President of France referred to as His Excellency. I do not know where we copied this from.

I accept that before independence, we had the British monarchy as our head of government. To that extent we respect the monarch with such praise adjectives, like ‘His Majesty,’ but, royalties are not the same as elected officials.

You don’t have to describe a governor as executive governor. There is nowhere in the constitution, as amended, where the governor is expected to be called executive governor.

By virtue of the fact that we do not operate a parliamentary system, once you are a governor, you are an executive governor. Let us just call our governor, Mr Governor; president, Mr President, that is okay.”

Ajimobi also added:

"Just like we have Oriki, in our Igbo and Yoruba culture, where they continue to flatter, patronise us, it has become a culture in Nigeria that we feel spited if these adjectives are not used to describe us. I would like to henceforth say that I should no more be called His Excellency, call me Abiola Ajimobi.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/governors-of-osun-and-oyo-states-reject.html

grin grin grin. BAD Niggiss'. But they kept d allowances that goes with it grin
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by thundafire: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2015
for their selfish mind dy re nt worth called EXCELLENCY yet dylike bin called dat wen it comes to sharing mny EXcellency in stealing mny nd deprive orkers of their mny
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by Temysteve(m): 10:39am On Aug 07, 2015
Iamsynord:
This News has Not Reached us in KIVUKi land ..Until then .
u think say network go reach dat desert where u dey live?
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by simplynola(m): 10:39am On Aug 07, 2015
If you remove those titles, you won't be able to pay civil servants' salaries. So stop scoring cheap political points, we ain't interested in your gobbledygook.
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by Koolking(m): 10:40am On Aug 07, 2015
Governor Adams Oshiomole is the proponent of scrapping this "excellency" bullpoo.

He has no issue if you address him as Comrade Osho baba.

Excellency should be earned not decreed.
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by HirstMOG(m): 10:40am On Aug 07, 2015
Will that pay your workers sallary
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by ibedun: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2015
chukwudi44:
AreGBESE go and pay your workers and quit all this nonsense.Just pay the workers who cares whether you answer excellency or not

May be they still want the unwarranted adjectives in the erosion territory of Nigeria. Leave our progressives alone, Yammirin.
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by rigarmortis: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2015
reject the title but accept the benefits?
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by maestroz: 10:49am On Aug 07, 2015
they both don't deserve the titles

if you are called by the appelation 'his excellency'. you OWE people in high esteem and not OWE them their entitlements and think excuses are tenable to attract cheap sympathy.
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:50am On Aug 07, 2015
metronaija:

The Governor of the State of Osun, Mr Rauf Aregbesola as well as Oyo State's, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, have both called for an end to the use of 'His Excellency' and 'Executive' to

Wash!!!
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by AdeniyiA(m): 10:51am On Aug 07, 2015
INTROVERT:
call me introvert
introverts rarely show themselves as first to arrive in a place of gathering/discussion...u're simply a Paradox!
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by calcal: 11:00am On Aug 07, 2015
Abiola Ajimobi just like Vladimir Putin sound great! you beg for vote then all of sudden you become god, crazy neggas.
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 07, 2015
metronaija:

The Governor of the State of Osun, Mr Rauf Aregbesola as well as Oyo State's, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, have both called for an end to the use of 'His Excellency' and 'Executive' to refer to the president, governors and other public office holders in the country.

This was made known at the opening ceremony of the 45th Builders Conference of the Nigerian Institute of Building (NIOB), held at International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, on Tuesday.

The governors described the 'His Excellency' affixed to names of public office holders, as an unnecessary ego inflater which transfers “unnecessary extraordinary powers to public office holders.”

Aregbesola was the one who first raised the issue. He said that if such a title should be used at all, it should be to deserving public officials, only after their tenure in office. He also added that the use of 'Executive' to refer to governors was not constitutional and not part of the practice in democratic systems in the world.

He said:

"I do not think it is right to refer to those in government, because they hold governorship or presidential position, as ‘His Excellency’. We copied our democratic system from the West and they hardly use such adjectives to qualify their public officers. I have never seen President of America, Barack Obama referred to as His Excellency on any public occasion.

He is just Mr President and this does not diminish his authority. Neither will you hear the Prime Minister of Britain or President of France referred to as His Excellency. I do not know where we copied this from.

I accept that before independence, we had the British monarchy as our head of government. To that extent we respect the monarch with such praise adjectives, like ‘His Majesty,’ but, royalties are not the same as elected officials.

You don’t have to describe a governor as executive governor. There is nowhere in the constitution, as amended, where the governor is expected to be called executive governor.

By virtue of the fact that we do not operate a parliamentary system, once you are a governor, you are an executive governor. Let us just call our governor, Mr Governor; president, Mr President, that is okay.”

Ajimobi also added:

"Just like we have Oriki, in our Igbo and Yoruba culture, where they continue to flatter, patronise us, it has become a culture in Nigeria that we feel spited if these adjectives are not used to describe us. I would like to henceforth say that I should no more be called His Excellency, call me Abiola Ajimobi.”

Aregbe, you talk true. There's nothing excellent about you.
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by ibkgab001: 11:02am On Aug 07, 2015
Aregbo sola where is my mom 's balance how come you deducted 10k from Her money

Ole OLORIBURIKU
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by baloney: 11:09am On Aug 07, 2015
agree wit both governor
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by dunkem21(m): 11:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Temysteve:
who is a fraudster?

An Excellency grin
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by saintol(m): 11:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Both are right. When you are excellent and eminent, then you will be entitled to 'your excellency' and so on but when you are a crook, a fraudster and a scammer, you should be entitled to something like ' your scammercy', 'your fraudstercy' and so on. These people have being deceiving us with words since ages.
Re: Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title by baloney: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2015
agree wit both governor [b]agree wit both governor [/b]agree wit both governor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others / Abdullahi Abubakar Maiwanka Flees With Mace In Gombe / There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.