Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Story Of My Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Story Of My Life (1667 Views)

Story Of Most Nigerian Ladies (photo) / 10 Years Ago- The Story Of My Life / Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of My Life by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
For those that don't like full stories, the summary would be made available when I'm done.

Hmmmmm, Never thought I'd be doing this but I think writing would make me feel better.

I think I have an emotional problem and should be barred from relationships.

Wrong choices and misplaced priorities almost all the time, I NEED HELP!!!

I'm in my mid twenties and have dated two ladies and is currently dating one which makes it three.

The first, a lovely girl I met growing up who was more of a sister to me. Our families attended block rosary, evening masses and church programs together. We stayed on the same street. It happened so that as kids, people just always paired us as a couple, maybe because of the obvious contrast as few similarities. I was dark and short while she was taller and very fair but we both sang in soprano. We were even always made to act as a couple in dramas or plays.

I loved it though because perhaps she was the prettiest lady in the neighbourhood, of course, of our age grade ( was older than her with a year). We became closer as we grew older and our parents even noticed it and tried seperating us *hers though*. I remember once while I was 11 when she came to my mom's shop by 7am and did not leave till evening, we shared my breakfast and lunch. Her mom was angry cos she kept sending people to call her but she kept refusing them saying 'she wanted to stay with me'. Sge eventually did go home and was given the beating of her life but she ran out of her house and you can guess where she went *my house*.
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
I think we first kissed when I was 12, can't remember. And there are more things I can't put a date on, like when I asked her out or when we started dating. We loved each other sooo much. She even changed to my school in jss2 after troubling her parents. Things started to feel a little different when I was 15 and I started feeling uncomfortable or 'over-liked' as the case maybe. Was beginning to choke and thank goodness I went to FUTO for a predegree while she was in ss3. With the distance, I realized the love was still there exceedingly and I started planning on how we could meet up in my school and not the usual home visits with brothers and sisters everywhere.

Fortunately, she got admission into madonna the same year she finished school. Was happy for her because I thought it was our destiny to be together as I got admission officially into FUTO that same year. But I started feeling awkward and my mind went into over drive once I lost the admission in the year 2008 because of a new jamb policy. We still had fun memories as she was always sneaking outta school to come see me *we even tried disvirgining ourselves one time but dint know how to cos it just wasn't going in.....lol*. I eventually regot my admission in december 2009 but resumed in 2010 but then my mind had started wondering because she was in the third year of a 4 year course and would be done with school while if still be in the second year of a five year course.
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
I started thinking, she's wayyy ahead of me.

Would she wait for me?
Would she be proud enough to call a University student her boyfriend while she's working?
What would her friends say?
Would I like her as much then?
but She loves me and would be willing to do anything for me.....
But will I like her as much as to want her marry her in future?
Or would I just be spoiling her chance of meeting someone else by holding on to her?

So much to think of and I was getting more confused as the days passed.

I decided to just continue the relationship and only split if the 'LORD' says we should perhaps in a dream...lol. *but what do I know? *
Re: Story Of My Life by misspicy(f): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
True life or fiction?
Re: Story Of My Life by Popflair(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
No matter what bro, never look down on yourself.....nice write up......cum finish am woh
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
1) av not seen why u think u av an emotional problem.

2)u didnt include any wrong choice or misplaced priority in d story above.

3) u av dated 3 girls nd presently dating one...but accord to d story, d first girl is d only girl mentioned plus, she is d current girl in ur life as well.

d story is sweet sha, patiently waiting for d concluding part.
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
misspicy:
True life or fiction?

Every word in it is true, no fiction.
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
justified19:

3) u av dated 3 girls nd presently dating one...but accord to d story, d first girl is d only girl mentioned plus, she is d current girl in ur life as well.

Haven't gotten to the end yet
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
Popflair:
No matter what bro, never look down on yourself.....nice write up......cum finish am woh
grin
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 07, 2015

Was at lectures on one of the days in my year one. Didn't talk much because I was feeling out of place cos I had been in the school environment for about 2 years and was feeling everyone in the class was below me. But then, it wasn't too hard to notice this pretty girl in the same class but different course (three engineering classes had lectures together till year three; chemical, polymer and petroleum).

Thought about me dating her once or twice, but twas like reminisce hoping to date beyonce or shakira cos they were both into music)..lol.

This faithful day, I was sitted at the back of the class staring at the board and wondering why the kids won't stop making noise till this pretty lady came to sit beside me. Next thing I noticed, she kept staring at my face till she said 'I like your eyes', and then I ran away cos I said she was definitely an ogbanje to be liking any part of me with all the wayyyyyy finer boys in the class.

Next thing, I noticed we were in the same hostel and she noticed too, hence we just had to become friends. My mind was anyways calm when she told me she had a boyfriend in final year in FUTO too and it was clear she perhaps was looking for either a friend or assignment do-er...lol

We became the closest friends ever. Went to class together, ate together, passed time together in the hostel, even spent some holiday time together as she stayed in LAGOS too.
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
(Later found out that my brown eyes I disliked looked more like I was wearing contact lenses and was a selling point to some)

I gisted her bout my girlfriend and her escape series to be with me in school at times and she gisted me about her boyfriend and how she was privileged to meet him. Also, we discussed our respective quarrels with our halves too.

It so happened that during one of the easter breaks, she did not travel and so did I that it so happened that we slept in the same room for about three days and saw nothing wrong with cuddling cos of the intense cold. We grew closer.

This calm evening, I invited her over to come spend a night at my place cos I was bored, she came, we gisted, played and slept till I woke up in the middle of the night and kissed her......we quarreled, she almost fought with me but by dawn, we had both agreed to call our bf/gf to end our respective relationships. *smiles*

This made me happy because I wouldn't only not have to worry about the many unanswered question that arose with my ex being wayy ahead of me and the awkwardness of remaining in the relationship but was replacing her with a prettier lady of the same level academically with adequate age difference between us *or so I thought*.

The honeymoon continued from year one till 4th year but by then I had realized she wasn't as young as she looked cos her younger sister which she was older than with five years was in her 300level studying law at UNIZIK. The sad news; we were mates both in class and age.
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
It did not take too long as pressure from parents for her to get married started coming cos she was the first daughter as well as first child and rich and handsome suitors were overflowing......The girl fine die believe me.

It did not take long till we realized we both had to do something about it. And I still had masters in mind before I settle down to work then save, establish myself and get married. *she should be over 30 by then*

I had to leave the relationship AGAIN cos I loved her so much to ruin her by making her lose definite opportunities by waiting for me which was a clear probability. *so I thought*

AGAIN I HAD LOST ANOTHER GOOD LADY TO MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE FUTURE.

Stayed single for almost a year,
Then, I met this awesome lady............................
Re: Story Of My Life by misspicy(f): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
justified19:

D story just started,oga take chill pill...looking fo r critisism where there is none

2 Likes

Re: Story Of My Life by megawax8: 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
misspicy:

D story just started,oga take chill pill...looking fo r critisism where there is none

as in eh

op, where art thou
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
Op come & finish this story o. The third girl nko.
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
misspicy:

I'm not looking for criticism and if u think I'm looking for it..how is dat even an issue.

I said it, dat I'm waiting for d concluding part...maybe im just impatient
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
ExTrEmE99:

Haven't gotten to the end yet
ok..just impatient.
Re: Story Of My Life by Udochee(m): 12:35am On Aug 08, 2015
ExTrEmE99:

chemical, polymer and petroleum

lecture hall 2...ride on
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Udochee:
lecture hall 2...ride on

And this person is/was a futoite smiley
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 08, 2015

I promised to only go into another relationship with one I was going to intend to marry but then, I saw evn girls of 20/21 years old as only but a school daughter. I loved 'maturity' or whatever I thought it was alot.

Stayed single for a while till I met this girl I liked..she was young and not ready to marry anytime soon so I had time to actualize myself I thought....we started our intensified honeymoon cos I had to make her forget the fact I just made her break off her longest relationship with a guy....making her happy was my sole job for the first three months even if it includes being a clown atimes.

After a while, reality struck..... what I failed to think about then again was we were mates academically but did that really matter to me, NO!!!

I begged her to work her nysc posting to the same state as I was working mine, she refused. Was sad but then again its always said, ' be careful what you wish for cos it just might come true'.
We got posted to the same state. (Another funny thing is, my immediate ex got posted to the same state too....phew!)

At first, was in serious confusion cos I liked my ex as much as I liked my gf or evn more given that we dated for about four years and still remained close friends even after the breakup. Nothing happened between us after the break though *yea, I'm faithful like that*..lol. Did so much thinking, then I decided I owed it to give my all in my relationship.

After camp, we all went to our respective PPA's and life went on till.....
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 08, 2015
Everyone just had to be marrying during the first quarter of our service year. Her elder sis,
Her best friends, even our course mates *yea, we were in the same class in university...dodges slap...lol*.

Then her parents even had to call a family meeting to remind her she was next in line since her younger sisters, two of them, were both graduating from uni that year. Giving her epistles about the need to introduce her man to them and not pushing men away away.
Nb:the girlfriend is actually 24 moving towards 25 this year.

Although she didn't say nothing to me about wanting out cos I know she loveeees the relationship but

Now the thought again.

I like her so much although I've quarreled more with her than in any other relationship I've been in but...

Do I make her wait?
Would she even wait?
I still had my career plans.
Would I love her enough to marry her in the 'future'?
Would I be holding her down and making her lose opportunities when I still am a probability?

Now, i'm considering breaking up with her again cos I love her so much to think that I might be ruining her chances by holding on.

And I've made the same mistake of dating one I stand almost no chance of settling with.

Do I have a problem?
Why can't I see a girl of 20/21 as someone I could fall for?
Is it actually fear that makes me run out of relationships?

Ok, after this, I won't date no more till I'm all set to be married......can't be wasting a girls valuable time*but then, do I trust myself?*

Maybe I've not made much sense, but this is THE END....

And yes, I came to the conclusion that I did not know the meaning of 'young'. grin
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 08, 2015
Wow......I feel refreshed.......I just emptied myself.

I think I'm lighter, maybe I should try flying grin
Re: Story Of My Life by Udochee(m): 12:47am On Aug 08, 2015
ExTrEmE99:

And this person is/was a futoite smiley
was 2012 set..d last department u mentioned.
Re: Story Of My Life by Solomon19(m): 1:34am On Aug 08, 2015
NICE STORY @OP I DEY CRY HERE CHAIII
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 08, 2015
Solomon19:
NICE STORY @OP I DEY CRY HERE CHAIII
grin
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 09, 2015
No advice/advices

Nairalanders be not smiling sha.....
Re: Story Of My Life by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
and the first is getting married nxt week......

I'm very very happy sad.
*how do i move this to diary section??*

(1) (Reply)

7 Simple Ways To Keep Yourself Busy After A Relationship Breakup / What Is This Guy Listening To? / To All D Joyst#ck Riders..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.