Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? (7268 Views)

Many Keep Wondering Why I Love Him So Much. How I Met Him Will Wow You / Should I Marry This Single Mother? / Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by ispeaklight(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2015
On the second day of my graduation from unilag (were i studied mass communiction) i travelled back home from lagos to portharcourt were my parents reside. Here my story line begin, please read below so as to give me perfect counsel thanks.

It was on the 22 of november 2011 when i visited my friend's house, so why going back home we must have to cross one of the busiest road over here, but something happened i and my friend were carelessly discussing and were'nt watching and focusing why crossing the road, unfortunately a car almost hit me down why my friend had already crossed, at that time i was lucky because the guy driving the car was careful enough to stop the car from hitting me. And seriously i was scared i jumped out of the road look at the guy with a very bad eye and motive, he glanced at me, then moved the car from the road and then spend time looking at me before i could know he began to shed tears, my friend touched me and said is okay lets go, i listen to her and leave immediately but before i could even step 3 times he blocked me and was really pleading and begging me to forgive his carelessness, that it was all his fault.

He asked me if i was injured that he could take me to the nearest hospital or chemist, but i said no he should'nt bother because at this time i was ashamed as people were really staring at us. I walked out of him immediately but he blocked me again and pleaded for my forgiveness as if he had known me somewere, i had no other obtion than to tell him he did'nt hit me, at the end we left each others to our different ways.

But as fate may have it, he met me again in 2012 on a dirty road, why i was looking for were to put my legs, he asked me to enter his car but i asked him not to bother that i can manage, but he pleaded so i agreed, why in the car he gave me paper and pen to write my phone number and i did, after i have got home he called me in some hours and asked me to be his friend but i said not too fast, he pleaded and sounded as if he was crying to end the whole matter i agreed immediatly, he also asked for my facebook address i also gave him too, we began our chat on facebook and in few months i got to know him more better as he also knew me in and out too, as of then i do teach in a school very far from my home, but he always volunteer to come and pick me every day, he never missed out even one day.

One night he called me to come out side that he is waiting for me, i asked him outside were he said my house, seriously i was perplex because i never showed him my house niether did i give him my address in anyway, why i came out i met him and we began to discuss all of a sudden he proposed to be my boyfriend, but i said no, that i like it as we are just friends, he knelt down and sounded as if he was crying (i can't really tell if tears dropped out his eyes because it was late) to prevent any further drama i agreed immediately, i have always know him as a guy that allow feelings and emotion to control him.

At this time, we became more intimate as never before, he began to call me "sweetheart", but i call him by his name though, he has always been so good to me, he give me lot of money and bought fruits for me even when i dont ask for them, when my grandmother died and my parents did'nt have much to contribute, i told him and he gave me N300,000 for the burial and i was shocked.

Few months after the burial he sent me a message on facebook, pleading with me to accept the gift he had prepared for me, i asked him what gift but he said dont bother, all i need from you is to behave matured and dont seem to be too suprise because you might faint, i thought as much as i could to guess what kind of gift but to no avail, the day he planned came and he took me out to a very busy area here in portharcourt and showed me a very big supermarket with 6 staff in uniform and said this is your supermarket, i looked at him and look at the supermarket, i became dumbed for about 5minutes and screemed (just joking though, but i can remember that i was scared,suprise and happy at same time) after all i accepted the key to the supermarket and the one to my office, we both went to my parents and explained the whole issue and they were very happy because they had already known him to be my fiancee for a long period anyway.

But something suprised me most, he asked me not to pay the staff working at the supermarket, that he is incharge of their payment, few months after he bought me a nice highlander car. But something is suprising me most we have been in relationship for 2years and some moths now and he had never mentioned marriage, he is a very handsome guy of 30years old why am 23.

I had to pass a night one of the days in his house after i have finish cooking for him and washing most of his cloths, to be suprise he gave me the key to his bathroom and asked me to lock it and he slept in the parlour, the next morning i asked him the reasons for his decision last night and he replied "i dont want to sin that is why i slept off the bathroom".

Less i forget, he owns 3 big poultries in portharcourt and a pure water and bottle water industries too, he also works in shell.

The reason for this long story is because i need your advice,

1. Do you think this guy want to buy my love with money? (although i love him very much anyway).

2. What are his reason for not talking about marriage yet because i dont want him to leave me and marry another girl.

3. My senior sister asked me not to marry him because he had never seen him smiling ever.

4. Do you think this is true love?

5. He is too good at begging and crying when i dont agree most times to him, do you think if we get married he will still be as gentle as he is now?

I need your advice please, thanks.

Regards: Ozichi jonathan
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by ogaofficer(m): 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
Observing. Emusmith where art thou?
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2015
why the stress when you ve got the kind of guy every woman wants.He loves you ,provide for you and respects you by not trying to sleep with you.
besides your story got similarities with how i met my lady ,she hit me with her car cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Crocz(m): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2015
Make I go read d tori first...brb
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by elantraceey(f): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2015
1. Na, From the way you guys met i don't think so , i believe he's one of those men that believe in spending on their woman since they have the money.

2. I think he just wants to study you more , from you're story he's very emotional and he's just being cautious not to make a mistake .

3. Why don't you talk to him about that and ask him why he doesn't smile and make him start smilling !!!

4. How else can you define true love please tell me?

5. People change so don't be surprised if he doesn't , just try to not always push him to begging and crying else he'll get tired of it one day .
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Purity01(f): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2015
Dis story is just too perfect. I smell rotten fishes!

14 Likes

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by killercute16(m): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
He seems good,kind,holy,gentle and rich...an average lady dream man,but if the dude is pretending,mehnn e go hard for you oh.....All you need is prayers sweety......CHia!!..But that guy is living well oh..Working in shell,ceo of a pure water and bottle water industry + opens a large super-market for his girlfriend...what else!!
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by johnbuck81(m): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2015
he seem lyk a gud guy to me o!
giv him lil time n pray over it.
by d way..u guys hv not been sexually intimate for 2yrs?
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Lovebond34(m): 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
marry him..marry him..marry him..
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Kennywills7(m): 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
This story sha
Anyway y worry wen u hv dat dream guy of most ladies?
By d way has ur elder sister said something funny dat d guy refuse to laugh?
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by linconoyee: 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
This is a touching story my sister, firstly I want you to see this guy as ur helper, angel, Obe in million and I don't want you to disapoint him for any reason at all, don't go for what ur sisters said, it's not advisable. He's not busy your love with money. But just scared me about your story is that, he slept in the bathroom why you sleep in the room. You need to pray regarding this man to know is not a ghost, but if u have know about is family, then that will be better. Call him and explain things to him, he may be trying to please you in all ways. Hut not knowing is going on the wrong side now.
But I still hold the point, pls don't ever think of disappointing him. Thanks
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Chidexter(m): 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2015
Well this story is kind of the average nollywood movie, but i cant say if its the truth or its just lies.
1. I dont think he wants to buy your love with money, if anything i think he feels thats the only was he can show how much he loves you

Anyway, you should try to ask him but indirectly why he's still not proposing marriage

the issue of your sister saying you shouldnt marry him because he never smiles is absurd, you're the one he's into not her, the question is does he smile to you?. Which is most definitely a yes

Yes it could be true love, he's got the money, the looks, he can as well spend his time on another girl not you

The last question, i must say not all guys can show their emotional sides to such extent, crying and begging probably shows he's being frank and open to you. But also shows that he's emotionally unstable(weak) all in all, i cant say if he'll still show you love after marriage, me i no be God o.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by ispeaklight(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
linconoyee:
This is a touching story my sister, firstly I want you to see this guy as ur helper, angel, Obe in million and I don't want you to disapoint him for any reason at all, don't go for what ur sisters said, it's not advisable. He's not busy your love with money. But just scared me about your story is that, he slept in the bathroom why you sleep in the room. You need to pray regarding this man to know is not a ghost, but if u have know about is family, then that will be better. Call him and explain things to him, he may be trying to please you in all ways. Hut not knowing is going on the wrong side now.
But I still hold the point, pls don't ever think of disappointing him. Thanks
I know about his mum and dad, he is a native of Enugu
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Thinkr(m): 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
Purity01:
me2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by DWJOBScom(m): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2015
in summary......
1. Are you ready to settle down?
2. Have you ever been in a relationship?

What I think you should do?
1. You don't have to so explicit in your story(if it's true) if the other party stumbles into this forum he or she gets a clue
2. Be urself and don't change
3. Don't be afraid - ask questions(this was suppose to be the first) pls direct the question to him in a polite way
4. The crying and excessive pleading can be disturbing though but it's not a terrible thing as I can explain (for) - most guys love with all their hearts and can be soft, always want to please a lot as well as other things. You may start taking lessons on being the strong one BUT never take him for granted as it backfires - recognise and respect him and you will be fine
5. Please be careful
6. Don't discuss with your young friends too - your parents(esp your Dad if possible) would do

Fears
*you were stalked and you didn't mind
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Chidonc(m): 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
TITLE.....CAN THIS BE MY TRUE LOVE
Story by FARAN0
Directed by LALATISCALA
Location.....NAIRALAND
Casts.....Andyblaze,lstbullet,dicefrost,emilo,snakie etc
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by jerome263: 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
following
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
ogaofficer:
Observing. Emusmith where art thou?

Hmm... This is quite huge...

It's tempting, girl!

He might be married? You fear...

So many questions...

Best Advice: Pray ooo...

2 Likes

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by englishmart(m): 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
that man must be tony umez. The most stvpid man in nollywood history......
This your story is why I hate nollywood

1 Like

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by achinaboy(m): 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
ispeaklight:
Upon my second day of graduation from unilag (were i studied mass communiction) i travelled back home from lagos to portharcourt were my parents reside. Here my story line begins, please read below so as to give me perfect counsel thanks.

It was on the 22 of november 2011 when i visited my friend's house, so why going back home we must have to cross one of the busiest road over here, but something happened i and my friend were carelessly discussing and were'nt watching and focusing why crossing the road, unfortunately a car almost hit me down why my friend had already crossed, at that time i was lucky because the guy driving the car was careful enough to stop the car from hitting me. And seriously i was scared i jumped out of the road look at the guy with a very bad eye and motive, he glanced at me, then moved the car from the road and then spend time looking at me before i could know he began to shed tears, my friend touched me and said is okay lets go, i listen to her and leave immediately but before i could even step 3 times he blocked me and was really pleading and begging me to forgive his carelessness, that it was all his fault.

He asked me if i was injured that he could take me to the nearest hospital or chemist, but i said no he should'nt bother because at this time i was ashamed as people were really staring at us. I walked out of him immediately but he blocked me again and pleaded for my forgiveness as if he had known me somewere, i had no other obtion than to tell him he did'nt hit me, at the end we left each others to our different ways.

But as fate may have it, he met me again in 2012 on a dirty road, why i was looking for were to put my legs, he asked me to enter his car but i asked him not to bother that i can manage, but he pleaded so i agreed, why in the car he gave me paper and pen to write my phone number and i did, after i have got home he called me in some hours and asked me to be his friend but i said not too fast, he pleaded and sounded as if he was crying to end the whole matter i agreed immediatly, he also asked for my facebook address i also gave him too, we began our chat on facebook and in few months i got to know him more better as he also knew me in and out too, as of then i do teach in a school very far from my home, but he always volunteer to come and pick me every day, he never missed out even one day.

One night he called me to come out side that he is waiting for me, i asked him outside were he said my house, seriously i was perplex because i never showed him my house niether did i give him my address in anyway, why i came out i met him and we began to discuss all of a sudden he proposed to be my boyfriend, but i said no, that i like it as we are just friends, he knelt down and sounded as if he was crying (i can't really tell if tears dropped out his eyes because it was late) to prevent any further drama i agreed immediately, i have always know him as a guy that allow feelings and emotion to control him.

At this time, we became more intimate as never before, he began to call me "sweetheart", but i call him by his name though, he has always been so good to me, he give me lot of money and bought fruits for me even when i dont ask for them, when my grandmother died and my parents did'nt have much to contribute, i told him and he gave me N300,000 for the burial and i was shocked.

Few months after the burial he sent me a message on facebook, pleading with me to accept the gift he had prepared for me, i asked him what gift but he said dont bother, all i need from you is to behave matured and dont seem to be too suprise because you might faint, i thought as much as i could to guess what kind of gift but to no avail, the day he planned came and he took me out to a very busy area here in portharcourt and showed me a very big supermarket with 6 staff in uniform and said this is your supermarket, i looked at him and look at the supermarket, i became dumbed for about 5minutes and screemed (just joking though, but i can remember that i was scared,suprise and happy at same time) after all i accepted the key to the supermarket and the one to my office, we both went to my parents and explained the whole issue and they were very happy because they had already known him to be my fiancee for a long period anyway.

But something suprised me most, he asked me not to pay the staff working at the supermarket, that he is incharge of their payment, few months after he bought me a nice highlander car. But something is suprising me most we have been in relationship for 2years and some moths now and he had never mentioned marriage, he is a very handsome guy of 30years old why am 23.

I had to pass a night one of the days in his house after i have finish cooking for him and washing most of his cloths, to be suprise he gave me the key to his bathroom and asked me to lock it and he slept in the parlour, the next morning i asked him the reasons for his decision last night and he replied "i dont want to sin that is why i slept off the bathroom".

Less i forget, he owns 3 big poultries in portharcourt and a pure water and bottle water industries too, he also works in shell.

The reason for this long story is because i need your advice,

1. Do you think this guy want to buy my love with money? (although i love him very much anyway).

2. What are his reason for not talking about marriage yet because i dont want him to leave me and marry another girl.

3. My senior sister asked me not to marry him because he had never seen him smiling ever.

4. Do you think this is true love?

5. He is too good at begging and crying when i dont agree most times to him, do you think if we get married he will still be as gentle as he is now?

I need your advice please, thanks.

Regards: Ozichi jonathan
i read later
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by numericalguy(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2015
OP,

Your sister is jealous of you and she has been putting all manner of evil thoughts in your head. Doesn't your man smile If you both are together? If the man had been smiling so much, then your sister would have claimed he was making passes at her.

3 Likes

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by eightsin(m): 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
Lol.. this story get as e b.

Do we really have such men? You mean he hasn't even asked for sex yet he spends so much on you and family.

Conji no dey hold am?
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by yemicoal(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
Long story, who read it... I need a debriefing
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by LadyX(f): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
yemicoal:
Long story, who read it... I need a debriefing

A guy almost hit her...a year later they met. They became friends, then he asked her to be his girlfriend. He's been buying her gifts ang giving her money.

When her grandma passed away, he gave her 300, 000 because her parents were not in a position to meet burial expenses. He later opened a supermarket for her with 6 staff, but he pays them. He bought her a car. She slept in his house once, but he didn't ask for s*x.

He has not mentioned marriage...Op's sister told her not to marry the man because he never smiles.

All these happened/is happening in Port Harcourt.

Oya make u pay me for this summary grin

4 Likes

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
Purity01:
Not even fish,but a giant hippopotamus. cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by LadyX(f): 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
Op, I can't answer all your questions, but here is my take.

1. Ask him about marriage, don't assume anything. You know him better, so you know how to go about it...You could ask him, "What's your take on marriage in general? How many kids would you like to have in future?..." Depending on how he responds, you'll know the rest.

2. Forget about your sister's concern that the guy does not smile. Suppose he marries you, you are the one that will live with him, not your sister. As long as you are ok with his "non-smiling" nature, go on... Your sister sh'd worry about bigger things like: The guy never compromises. He uses begging/crying to get what he wants from you.

3. You say he likes begging and crying when you don't agree with what he wants. Hmm..lemme think
a) We all have our flaws, no one is perfect. Maybe that is his weakness...on second thought
b) Could it be manipulation or emotional blackmail? He knows you don't like making him mad, maybe he does that to make you change your mind.
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by mrkay101(m): 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
op sorry to say but I think he has already bought your love.. this guy has spent abt a million naira and more on u. tell me which reasonable naija girl won't love dat kind of man..

first of all find out if you would still love him if he lost all his money b4 u start thinking about marriage.

your just scared u might lose the luxury u enjoy from him and not the man himself.

and on the guys part o think the reason he hasn't talked abt marriage is maybe he wants to be sure if ur not just after he's money.

1 Like

Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by yemicoal(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
LadyX:

A guy almost hit her...a year later they met. They became friends, then he asked her to be his girlfriend. He's been buying her gifts ang giving her money.

When her grandma passed away, he gave her 300, 000 because her parents were not in a position to meet burial expenses. He later opened a supermarket for her with 6 staff, but he pays them. He bought her a car. She slept in his house once, but he didn't ask for s*x.

He has not mentioned marriage...Op's sister told her not to marry the man because he never smiles.

All these happened/is happening in Port Harcourt.

Oya make u pay me for this summary grin
Oh! Thanks newaiz ladyx I owe u one wink, real name if I may ask?
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by LadyX(f): 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2015
mrkay101:
op sorry to say but I think he has already bought your love.. this guy has spent abt a million naira and more on u. tell me which reasonable naija girl won't love dat kind of man..

first of all find out if you would still love him if he lost all his money b4 u start thinking about marriage.

your just scared u might lose the luxury u enjoy from him and not the man himself.

and on the guys part o think the reason he hasn't talked abt marriage is maybe he wants to be sure if ur not just after he's money.

Well put. She's already in love with him.
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by yemicoal(m): 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
Hian.. If you don't marry him who will? Your sister shouldn't determine your happiness only if she knows something about his dark past
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by mrkay101(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
LadyX:

Well put. She's already in love with him.

his money
Re: Story Of How I Met Him, Should I Marry Him Or Not? by LadyX(f): 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
yemicoal:
Oh! Thanks newaiz ladyx I owe u one wink, real name if I may ask?

On NL, I prefer LadyX to my real name cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Question 4 Romancelanders,who Would U Choose? / Not Touching Her When She Comes Over? / What In God's Name Is Wrong With Our Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.