Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,397 members, 7,843,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion (9407 Views)

BREAKING: Justice Ademola, Wife Discharged In Corruption Case I / Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate / Unilag Rape Case, It Was Not Consensual - By Bigass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I'm none.

Good. So i cant say much here to you cos you prolly wont understand. Thats why you linked rape, assault and domestic violence in one fell swoop
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Babalegba(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2015
gudluckgreat:

May God have mercy on your stupidity angry
And may God forgive you because God told us quite clearly to like and practice justice and not to punish the innocent while sparing the guilty.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Chubhie: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2015
Larryfly:
Its people like this that make rape victims scared of talking or reporting the culprits. This one that managed to talk is now being attacked by other perpetual racist like the OP. Nonsense! You think everything must be logical as you explained it. A man cannot wake up by 4am and think of rape but an18 years old girl can start seducing a man by that same time. And then she will still go and report to her parents abi.... And you are supposed to be a right thinking man. Shame on you and other rapist!!! Pls lets encourage other rape victims to speak out so we can keep exposing these beassts in our society. OP they must catch you r one day.... Bet meIts people like this that make rape victims scared of talking or reporting the culprits. This one that managed to talk is now being attacked by other perpetual racist like the OP. Nonsense! You think everything must be logical as you explained it. A man cannot wake up by 4am and think of rape but an18 years old girl can start seducing a man by that same time. And then she will still go and report to her parents abi.... And you are supposed to be a right thinking man. Shame on you and other rapist!!! Pls lets encourage other rape victims to speak out so we can keep exposing these beassts in our society. OP they must catch you r one day.... Bet me
Your emotions seems to be getting the better of you. With some theories I've read here this morning on Rape I'm afraid I raped my babe one day without knowing up until now.

I remember working on her body someday and tuned up the heat on her and she screamed stop!!! As a gentleman with a grime on my face I stopped and on getting to look at her she gave me a spontaneous resounding slap on my face and thundered why I stopped. I've never been that confused in my life before.

Its a shame now to admit I've been an accidental Rapists and it breaks my heart.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by nduchucks: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

While I condemn the lecturer for being immoral, I won't absorb those, and the girl in particular, that hold that she was raped when there is no evidence (as far as the legal definition of rape is concerned) to support it. This forum should be a meeting point where people are educated, not where people pour their emotion.

In my view, having sex with a teenager in the process of taking her to a University for the purpose of getting her admissions, though she is unqualified, because you purport to have power by virtue of your position, is tantamount to having sex with her in a room where a big knife and a pistol is visible to the girl. While you may not have used the knife or gun, in this example, you still wield as much power as a rapist who would punch the girl out and then have sex with her.

I simply disagree with the OP's assertions, nothing more. It is for the courts to determine whether or not, the girl was raped. It is Ok for forumites to hold opposing views.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by FunkyBday(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2015
Guys, need your reviews please in accessment of our new project: MFB Publishing, a solution for export of African Magazines, Newspapers and Books to Africans in diaspora. In short, we are Newsagents based in the UK but operational in most 1st world countries. Here is it the page: www.publishonmfb.com Gracias!
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
nduchucks:

In my view, having sex with a teenager in the process of taking her to a University for the purpose of getting her admissions, though she is unqualified, because you purport to have power by virtue of your position, is tantamount to having sex with her in a room where a big knife and a pistol is visible to the girl. While you may not have used the knife or gun, in this example, you still wield as much power as a rapist who would punch the girl out and then have sex with her.

I simply disagree with the OP's assertions, nothing more. It is for the courts to determine whether or not, the girl was raped. It is Ok for forumites to hold opposing views.
There is no evidence that the sex was what the lecturer wanted as a reward for wanting to assist the girl for admission. Mind you, it is not everybody that seeks admission assistance from university employees that are not qualified. Nigerian system has bästardized everything. Most schools peg their cut off marks at 200 for candidates legible to sit for post UTME, do you know that some candidates with less 200 not only sit for the examination but also get admitted?
Why didn't the girl shout that she was being raped to draw the attention of people?
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Larryfly:

Good. So i cant say much here to you cos you prolly wont understand. Thats why you linked rape, assault and domestic violence in one fell swoop
You are confused. I've maintained that both rape and sexual assault, though involve väginal penetration, mean different things. Go read books to fleshen your skeletal knowledge.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by gudluckgreat(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Babalegba:
And may God forgive you because God told us quite clearly to like and practice justice and not to punish the innocent while sparing the guilty.

Lol wonderful. Innocent. Who is innocent in that tale? Even the court of law doesn't know the word "innocent"
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by scribble: 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris02:

what are you saying? What inconvenience? these are two adults that had consensual sex. Was that the first time the girl is having sex?

Do you know how hard it is to rape a girl on trousers, and not tear how trousers or threaten her in any way?

Have you thought about the damage done to the man, his career, his reputation and his family?

I don't care what happens to him or his family. He is an idiota. He makes it hard for genuine guys to get laid due to emotional baggages he places on ladies.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
loads of bullsh.t, I also think the writer is stup.d, Infact the writer is a fool

1 Like

Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by shachris02: 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
scribble:

I don't care what happens to him or his family. He is an idiota. He makes it hard for genuine guys to get laid due to emotional baggages he places on ladies.

gentlemen would keep not getting laid cos they actually stop when a girl says Stop. The girls you are defending would keep falling for those guys that go harder when they ask them to stop. Girls would always love bad guys. sorry.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Allwility: 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
I can't believe some people are justifying the randy lecturer's action. Rape or no rape, as a lecturer, having sex in your office is defying the sanctity of the ivory tower.
Yeye lecturers. Your mates dey conduct research wey go uplift humanity, you dey there dey nya#sh woman for office. 'wo, no let me curse u o.

#AyafVex
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by shachris02: 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
loads of bullsh.t, I also think the writer is stup.d, Infact the writer is a fool

oby nwanne m nwanyi, wetin i do you nah?

1 Like

Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by nduchucks: 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

There is no evidence that the sex was what the lecturer wanted as a reward for wanting to assist the girl for admission. Mind you, it is not everybody that seeks admission assistance from university employees that are not qualified. Nigerian system has bästardized everything. Most schools peg their cut off marks at 200 for candidates legible to sit for post UTME, do you know that some candidates with less 200 not only sit for the examination but also get admitted?
Why didn't the girl shout that she was being raped to draw the attention of people?

You don't have enough information to conclude that there is no evidence that the sex was what the lecturer wanted as a reward for wanting to assist the girl for admission. This is just an opinion you have based on published articles. Lets wait until the courts determine the lecturer's guilt or innocence. In the meantime, I reserve my rights to continue to give the lady the benefit of the doubt and respect your to do otherwise.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by hinwazaka: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:
hinwazaka, with this your theory, it is official that 98% of men are rapists.
Go to the US and do precisely what you consider an unfair classification of rape. You will land in jail faster than it takes you to unzip your pants. So many men in US jails got there on a technicality. I stand by my assertion, google it if you don't believe me
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by sinkhole: 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris02:

I keep condoms very close anywhere i am too. Does that make me a 'wannabi'. Then most naija guys are wannabis because i know most guys always have condoms at hand just in case.
Yea, even though, as a man I do not keep condom with me everywhere I go but I still agree with you! But the problem now is that this our guy is in trouble and he is a LECTURER, so therefore it will be argued that he kept condoms in his pocket because he is always sleeping with his female students, and how can he say he doesn't now? It is a case of "eni a fe paje tonfi epo ra ara!" (I don't know if you understand yoruba language?
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by shachris02: 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
nduchucks:

You don't have enough information to conclude that there is no evidence that the sex was what the lecturer wanted as a reward for wanting to assist the girl for admission. This is just an opinion you have based on published articles. Lets wait until the courts determine the lecturer's guilt or innocence. In the meantime, I reserve my rights to continue to give the lady the benefit of the doubt and respect your to do otherwise.

we all have the right to hold our individual opinions, but that, my friend, is not justice.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by shachris02: 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
sinkhole:
Yea, even though, as a man I do not keep condom with me everywhere I go but I still agree with you! But the problem now is that this our guy is in trouble and he is a LECTURER, so therefore it will be argued that he kept condoms in his pocket because he is always sleeping with his female students, and how can he say he doesn't now? It is a case of "eni a fe paje tonfi epo ra ara!" (I don't know if you understand yoruba language?

well, it's a norm we keep condoms around. He has the right to carry condoms in his pocket. He mustn't use it in his office.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by nduchucks: 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris02:

we all have the right to hold our individual opinions, but that, my friend, is not justice.

Exactly right. Your opinion is just that. Justice will be rendered once the courts render their judgment.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by shachris02: 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
nduchucks:

Exactly right. Your opinion is just that. Justice will be rendered once the courts render their judgment.

Since the judgement has not being rendered. Do you think it is right to condemn the lecturer and call him all those silly names and abuse his family? What if at the end of the day, he is declared innocent by the courts?

2 Likes

Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris02:

oby nwanne m nwanyi, wetin i do you nah?
You write up is too one sided, it's annoying. The girl said the rapist kept showing her different places on the road, didn't that tell you that the Idi.ot was trying hard to strike a conversation after touching the girl's body and she refused him?

The girl is barely 18yrs old for God sake.

How does an 18yrs old just start playing with a 40 something yrs old penis? Someone old enough to be her father?

So after playing with the penis, the Idi.ot didn't get attention till after the girl was leaving then he asked for a hug.

if she said the lecturer covered her mouth, you will still ask why didn't she bite him.

let someone 3times your size grab your neck and let me see how you will struggle

No make me vex for you this afternoon o

2 Likes

Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Chubhie: 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

Go to the US and do precisely what you consider an unfair classification of rape. You will land in jail faster than it takes you to unzip your pants. So many men in US jails got there on a technicality. I stand by my assertion, google it if you don't believe me
US can never be an ideal model for me.
We have our very own model embedded in our own cultures and traditions.

All these adoption of Amelika model got us in this mess.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by shachris02: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

You write up is too one sided, it's annoying. The girl said the rapist kept showing her different places on the road, didn't that tell you that the Idi.ot was trying hard to strike a conversation after touching the girl's body and she refused him?

The girl is barely 18yrs old for God sake.

How does an 18yrs old just start playing with a 40 something yrs old penis? Someone old enough to be her father?

So after playing with the penis, the Idi.ot didn't get attention till after the girl was leaving then he asked for a hug.

if she said the lecturer covered her mouth, you will still ask why didn't she bite him.

let someone 3times your size grab your neck and let me see how you will struggle

No make me vex for you this afternoon o

those lagos girls are not as innocent as you take them dear. Anyway let the courts decide.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris02:

those lagos girls are not as innocent as you take them dear. Anyway let the courts decide.

Ideally
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by nduchucks: 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris02:

Since the judgement has not being rendered. Do you think it is right to condemn the lecturer and call him all those silly names and abuse his family? What if at the end of the day, he is declared innocent by the courts?

I can only speak for myself and would rather give the girl the benefit of the doubt. As far as the lecturer goes, his actions are morally reprehensible at best.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
nduchucks:

If the lecturer wanted sèx for just assisting the girl to gain admission, as you infer, will it be right to say the father of the girl was aware, because he sent her to him in the first place?
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by chukel(m): 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
I think this is no rape. It was consensual, though with plea by the lecturer. He may have promised sex for admission. All the same, he deserves to be sacked. He is irresponsible. His friend's daughter. How low can men go. Horrible. If he could do dat to a friend's daughter, u can imagine what he does to strangers' daughters who are his students. He has been doing this. He was destined to be caught that way.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by nduchucks: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If the lecturer wanted sèx for just assisting the girl to gain admission, as you infer, will it be right to say the father of the girl was aware, because he sent her to him in the first place?

Whether it is right to say the father was aware is a judgment call which I do not believe anyone has enough information to make, particularly given the statement that the father said he trusted the lecturer. If that is correct, the lecturer betrayed the father's trust and the lecturer is lucky that the said father did not react in a most negative manner.
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
[size=15pt]I have cause to believe it was indeed consensual if She Waited while he wore the condom, only if they can prove that though, else it is rape. if she actually waited for him to wear the condom then i think she only spoke up out of the fear that she was going to die out of the abdominal pain......

But hey, who am i to judge a case i wasn't present.

Im not also sure if a girl would for whatever reason want to sleep with her fathers friend, almost hard to swallow....
[/size]
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by ifeoluwasegun(m): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
I love this well laid analysis...

Just my mind as I narrated in the former thread
Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
coolestrogue:

Even if the girl is a flirt, he shouldn't have taken advantage of her.
Exactly, a married man & old man 4 dat matter. His brain has relocated his dick walahi.

1 Like

Re: The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion by Chubhie: 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
Easy Milady. I believe everyone on this board is above the age of reason.

Let's keep the emotions at bay and discuss issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram's Take-Vver Of Damasak Is A Blatant Misinformation - Nigerian Army / Sunday Igboho Finally Arrested (BREAKING) / Lagos, Onne Ports To Get Scanners In 2 Weeks – Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.