Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

How Do You Give Your Wife Pocket Money - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Give Your Wife Pocket Money (3172 Views)

Mother Puts Her Child Inside Pocket (Photo) / Edo Man Uses Juju To Search For N2K His Wife Stole From His Pocket.(Screenshots) / When Your Wife Is Taller Than You And You Need Support To Kiss Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Give Your Wife Pocket Money by Chidoks(f): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
mrsmith11:

Save what?

Subtract the husband transport and lunch moni then how much do you think will be left from 25k?

How much do you think will be feeding money for 2 mouth per month?

The lady in question will not buy pad for monthly cycle?
Recharge card to call.... e.t.c

he must keep aside some savings even if it's 500 naira monthly
check it out.he marrief her to bear children right .that means she is expected to get pregnant asap right? if he doesn't they may beg for everything including delivery bills
the good thing about such marriages is that they always get financial support from both families especially the man's sisters who pressed him to marry.so while enjoying all gift they receive they must save
also note that it's a miracle how such couple survive.one of my church members gave birth and that drew me closer to them.i was shocked when the wife told me that her husband's salary was 20,000 naira( in 2013 o) and hadn't been paid for like two months( shuo!).my brain could not process the information immediately the only thing i told her was to fashi omugwo and get something doing and God willing a month after she got a 15k job and supports her husband.
so marriages like that enjoy a lot of support but she shoulf lay her hands on something to do for profit but they must save if they want to break even financially.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Give Your Wife Pocket Money by holusormi(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Married on a 25k per month salary shocked shocked ??
People get mind sha !!!!
Re: How Do You Give Your Wife Pocket Money by limamintruth: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
HeartRobber:

Thanks, ladyF

The guy is the only son of his family that's why he must get married.

The wife is just 18years old

You mean the salary is too poor to take care of the family?

Just two of them for now?

In my opinion, that salary is indeed too small to cater for 2persons in 1whole month. But I may be wrong though cos people vary.

However since they are already married, this is how I suggest he split the #25k every month:
- #10k as housekeep money (to be given to the wife),
- #5k for the wife's personal need(since she is not working), &
- #7k for the hubby's use thruout the month, &
- #3k as his monthly savings in the bank.

But sincerely, the above formula can only work for the couple if they are both prudent.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Give Your Wife Pocket Money by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
limamintruth:

In my opinion, that salary is indeed too small to cater for 2persons in 1whole month. But I may be wrong though cos people vary.

However since they are already married, this is how I suggest he split the #25k every month:
- #10k as housekeep money (to be given to the wife),
- #5k for the wife's personal need(since she is not working), &
- #7k for the hubby's use thruout the month, &
- #3k as his monthly savings in the bank.

But sincerely, the above formula can only work for the couple if they are both prudent.

Seconded.

This is good, thanks

My friend must hear this

1 Like

Re: How Do You Give Your Wife Pocket Money by Smhart1(f): 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
You see why I always tell ladies to lay their bed properly before lying on it...
.................Back to topic, whatever the case may seem they still need to save even if it's little, for those saying they can't save from the 25k what of when medical attention arise or impromptu pregnancy or even something that require immediate intervention money what will then happen?
...............My little opinion is, tell your friend to

****save 3k
****Home and wife should have 15k
****Husband and transport should have 7k ( if he's working)
Re: How Do You Give Your Wife Pocket Money by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
25k, are you sure? I earn that as an IT student and it's not even enough. How does he cope?
Re: How Do You Give Your Wife Pocket Money by Delafruita(m): 9:41am On Aug 11, 2015
To be honest,i can't relate with this because I think it's unwise to burden yourself with a wife on such a meagre salary. I know of quite a number of people who put off marriage for a while in order to create multiple streams of income. The cost of living this days is high when you think of house rent,transportation,feeding etc

But like someone said,it depends on the location of the couple.i did my nysc in ekiti a few years ago and I paid rent of 2000naira for a whole year.foodstuff was cheap and people trekked to everywhere.my fiancee did hers in Abia and her rent was 6000 as at 2013.you can only receive proper advice when such details are factored in.if your location is a rural area,then you shouldn't have a problem.but if you reside in an urban city like lagos,then be prepared for squabbles without end.

The reality is you can never satisfy a woman.but that doesn't mean she shouldn't get the basic necessities like a good place to live,clothes to wear,food to eat etc.the only advice I can give to this individual is to seek alternate sources of income.set up a mini business for the wife to at least take care of some of her needs.then the man can focus on providing the needs of the home.

It will also be a selfish act to bring a child into the family without planning for the upkeep of the mother and child.

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Nairaland Ladies Only / Help! How Do You Remove A Succubus (spirit Wife) From Your Body / Where Is The Father Of The Very Chrisland Wayward Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.