Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) (42541 Views)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP) 2018 / Sterling Bank Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP) / Apply For Ptdf Geosciences Training Programme (gtp) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Abrahamtaylour: 8:42am On Dec 10, 2015
Hi guys. Seem to me we're losing patience already, I must confess I've felt same this past week but again This is a federal government thing and you the government. due process and signatures and plenty stories. Especially if they are spending a lot of finance which is the case here. I've not got any details as regards the current state of things recently but i believe everything should fall into place soon enough. I suspect they want us to have the training at a stretch without any breaks "Christmas and new year holidays" but I'll go out of my way to find out what's going on. I'll suggest we always check the PTDF official website for updates and always keep your phone lines open. finally to those who want to contact me, my name is Abrahamtaylour on every social media platform available but trust me everything I've posted here is everything I know. Enjoy your day
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by charleslifted(m): 2:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
Merry Xmas in advance to everyone following d thread.... Wish u a blissful celebration... Our new year will b great!!
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Ayopedro(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
Maybe the training would start by January lets hope
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by charleslifted(m): 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
Yea.. Let's keep d faith alive.. Laser session starts April, d last time I checked.. I hope it wunt get to Dat time.
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by epaulo: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
Pls house, how is the working environment of eleme petrochemical p/Harcourt is(does working there support career growth). Also wats the pay for graduate engineer.
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by rocoh(m): 12:00am On Dec 29, 2015
TWO (2) DAYS LEFT

Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme and Awards 2016
OFA

http://www.opportunitiesforafricans.com/offshore-west-africa-youth-empowerment-programme-and-awards-2016/

http://www.lonadek.com/owa/

The Energy Institute, Lonadek and Offshore West Africa are pleased to present the Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme which is scheduled to take place on the 26-28 January 2016 at the Eko Hotels & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos. The event is for a maximum of 300 youths. All undergraduate students from African offshore hydrocarbon producing countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Angola etc) in attendance would qualify for a free one year membership of the Energy Institute (EI), courtesy of the EI.

Conceptualized by Lonadek in collaboration with the Energy Institute Nigeria and UK, the Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme is owned by Offshore West Africa/PennWell and is designed to provide learning and development opportunities to both students and young professionals who want to establish, develop and build their careers in Oil and Gas. The youth empowerment platform was developed as part of efforts towards building and developing local capacity, capability and competence of youths and young professionals.

The programme launched in 2015, with the inaugural Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment programme attracting more than 100 delegates, and following on from the success the programme has been significantly expanded in 2016 to host 300 students and young professionals from across West Africa.

The economic bedrock of any country is the active youth population and early age labor force (young professionals). Youth empowerment is a holistic means of education, enlightenment, empowerment and engagement.

Careers in the energy industry is fast changing due to the variable energy source types, rapid technological advancement, fast-changing consumer needs and continuously adapting work environments. Organisations are paying more attention to skills and competencies that are required to optimize and utilize natural resources for energy and power. Emphasis is being laid more on learning and development with continuous professional development being viewed as a major success driver in human capital development.

Registration Process

Interested students and young professionals are enjoined to indicate interests to attend the programme by registering on http://www.lonadek.com/owa/.
Separate entry forms exist for students and young professionals.
Upon registration, applicants will be assigned unique application numbers.
Successful applicants would be notified before the event and then assigned registration numbers which will give them access to the programme.
The students are classified into HND, B.Sc., M.Sc. and PhD while the young professionals are categorized as National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members, unemployed graduates and employed graduates.
Applicants are required to supply their name, position/job title, university name/company name, street address or P.O. Box, city, country, phone number, fax (if available) and email address during registration.

OffShore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme Award 2016

Interested candidates for the OWA SPA are required to submit a one-page abstract of no more than 500 words on any topic of interest in the Oil and Gas industry vis-a-vis the theme of the 2016 OWA conference : Positioning for a Sustainable Future.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their abstracts via mail to owayepaward@lonadek.com on/before January 15, 2016.
After the deadline, the submitted abstracts will be subjected to a fair evaluation and assessment process by Lonadek using standard technical write up evaluation criteria.
One (1) winner would emerge after screening and the winner’s details will be revealed during the 2016 OWA YEP.
The SPA awardee would receive a complimentary pass to attend the 2017 OWA as a delegate.
The awardee would be prominently featured in the 2017 OWA YEP event guide. Optional mentoring and coaching would be provided.
Award plaques would also be presented to the awardee as a mark of recognition and motivation to fellow students.
The OWA YPA is designed to recognize and reward excellence, commitment and dedication of the young professionals.
The award will reward active participants with robust continuous professional development activities in relation to their personal and professional development such as:

Documented self-development through private studies and research
Involvement in professional groups and committees
Official secondments and engagements on special projects
Work-based activities including on the job learning and development.

Award

The winner would receive a complimentary pass to attend the 2017 OWA as a delegate.
Award plaques would also be presented to the awardee as a mark of recognition and motivation to fellow colleagues
All participating undergraduate students from Ghana and Nigeria will undergo the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program and also receive complimentary membership of the Energy Institute through its Young Professionals Network.

The Youth Empowerment Programme a key CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative of PennWell, is an integral part of the Offshore West Africa 2016 schedule and is available for a maximum of 300 youths/students. Interested students and young professionals are therefore invited to indicate their interest in either category of award.

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 30, 2015
So till now no words on this program. Nawa ooo, or anyone heard something.? Happy Christmas guys.
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by jside2: 6:21am On Dec 30, 2015
I believe the training will kick start by January 2016, let's keep praying and believe everything go well.
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by charleslifted(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dats d faith... Cos if there is any change in PTDF agenda, dey wud hv sent a message on it.. So let's keep d faith alive
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by murphybo(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2015
Those of us that didn't receive message nor call,do we have hope as well?
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by untildotcom: 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
I have been following the programme for a while now. At times I do not understand why government projects are always very slow, at times it can take years.

For this programme, if they have finished shortlisting candidates, why not publish it pending when the programme starts. They came up with this training in August and till date no message to the applicant on what to expect until some people had to pay them a visit to enquire about what is going on.

They should understand that we also have plans, some of us won't like to abandon the programmes we have enrolled in half way to attend to this one or abandon this one to attend to another. This is January, so many opportunities will pop up, we need to tick some and leave some. It's better we know our stands early enough so we know how to plan. Some people might have to leave their state of residence down to Port Harcourt thereby abandoning what one had already started!

I want to believe that before they opened for applications they had already planned everything, so why does it look like they didn't have a plan in the first place? Please don't tell me about funding, that must have been captured in the 2015 budget so what is causing all this delay and waste of time?
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by charleslifted(m): 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
Well said@untildotcom... Wat confuses me the more is the fact Dat the caller mentioned November 2015 as the start date of the program.. If at all there is any change in plans, they should have contacted us.. Plss if any body following the thread is opportune to visit PTDF office, try ND make enquiries ND dnt forget to drop a hint here... It's well, 2016 shall be great.. Happy new year to you all
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by jside2: 10:00am On Jan 05, 2016
Pls let's not forgot to drop any information or job vacancies on this platform while we are waiting for ptdf we must not put all our eggs in one basket.
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Ayopedro(m): 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
God knows what is delaying the training
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by untildotcom: 10:42am On Jan 11, 2016
Another week is here, what should we expect?

Continuous silence or the anticipated information?

The wait continues...
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Saryea83: 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
I can see ptdf is not serious cos I applied.
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by untildotcom: 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
Saryea83:
I can see ptdf is not serious cos I applied.
Yes, their plans keep changing, earlier it was oil and gas training. After, several months, they cancelled it to geosciences training.

What should we expect now? grin grin grin
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by charleslifted(m): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
Keep d faith alive

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Abrahamtaylour: 10:38am On Jan 12, 2016
Hello guys, I celebrate you all. I promised a few people who contacted me on social media that I was going to the headquarters to squeeze out any information I could possibly get. And this is it; after speaking plenty English at the gate with the guards I finally was allowed into the building I headed straight to the 4th floor to see the head of "local content" department who is of course incharge of the training. This was the conversation
Me: good morning ma
She: you again, how're you
Me: I'm fine thank you. Ma I would like to know if the training is still going on as advertised because I and a few others have had to put our lives on hold since we were contacted.
She: (chuckles) that's a good thing. Well, sure it will we are working really hard on that and as soon as all is set and we're ready we'll gather all of you.
She receives a phone call, she tells me she has to go now cos there's a meeting about the training she needs to attend immediately but again emphasizes that We should be patient and we'll be contacted when everything is in place.
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Abrahamtaylour: 10:43am On Jan 12, 2016
I just left the office this morning and in in my opinion the wait will soon be over. And I strongly believe it will be worth it...
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Saryea83: 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
I just dey look una & ptdf with dr training wt one eye. Everyday,one super-story gidigba! okay na!
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by charleslifted(m): 1:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
@saryea83... Dnt be a man of little faith... You should b grateful u whr called. Wat if u weren't called at all.. Dat wan NA anoda story ooo.. It's beta to wait Dan not to be called at all.. Lol
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by untildotcom: 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
Abrahamtaylour:
I just left the office this morning and in in my opinion the wait will soon be over. And I strongly believe it will be worth it...
Thank you Abraham for your efforts.
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by untildotcom: 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
charleslifted:
@saryea83... Dnt be a man of little faith... You should b grateful u whr called. Wat if u weren't called at all.. Dat wan NA anoda story ooo.. It's beta to wait Dan not to be called at all.. Lol
were people called? I wasn't called ooo... shocked shocked
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Abrahamtaylour: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
untildotcom:
were people called? I wasn't called ooo... shocked shocked
not everyone whose name is on the list was called sir
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Saryea83: 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
I wasn't called,datz my major wahala
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Saryea83: 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
charleslifted:

My dear, u shudn't blame oo cos ds govt thing dey tire me. 2006 I was 1st in my state for BEA Scholarship and 2008 2nd in my state after the aptitude test but at the end no show. to travel out for studies after all the stress no show. So am speaking from experience
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by charleslifted(m): 7:38am On Jan 13, 2016
Dats because it wasn't God's plan for u.. He wants u to hv somtin beta.. Remember every grt man today in one way or d other missed out to some opportunity Dat came his way... But it's your ability to believe in ursef ND hope Dat one day ur dream will come true Dat matters. So take off every negative thoughts in u.. Before God go vex wit u oo
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by untildotcom: 8:24am On Jan 13, 2016
Saryea83:

My dear, u shudn't blame oo cos ds govt thing dey tire me. 2006 I was 1st in my state for BEA Scholarship and 2008 2nd in my state after the aptitude test but at the end no show. to travel out for studies after all the stress no show. So am speaking from experience
Hmmm... Very surprising. I understand your fears, I wasn't contacted too, but I believe this will work out for us.
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Ayopedro(m): 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
let's hope......but how long is it going to take dem to organize d training?
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by Saryea83: 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
ok let's be waiting
Re: APPLY FOR PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRANING PROGRAMME (GTP) by untildotcom: 8:02am On Jan 18, 2016
A new week is here again...

The wait continues... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

New Job / What Skill Can I Learn In A Short Time To Start Making Money ? / My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.