Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer (7052 Views)

In Response To A Previous Thread Created By Amara Okafor / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:
this is a disgusting post. You need help.

No,you need help...you can't continue to be biased in issues involving both genders...it not right

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:
you're a rapist apologist. That much is clear.

Accepted..now will you mind telling me why you think am a rapist
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

No,you need help...you can't continue to be biased in issues involving both genders...it not right

What's right is for you to dismiss the claims of the complainants and instead make up scenarios that didn't occur to justify your hideous idealogy.
In your mind the girl must be lying. And you think you're not biased. Oluku rapist.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
laplace12:

Evidences show there was no rape. Reason people respond that way.

To establish a rape case there should be a proof there is no romantic relationship between the people involved. But here there is hanging out and consensual romantic touches at different times before the alleged rape.

And the girl has reached the age of sex consent.
And was there any evidence of sexual relationship btwn d 2. Did it ever occurred to u dat d man is making it up to prove his innocence? Will a hen lay still to be slaughtered?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

A man like that is a[b]coward[/b]. I'm not saying u should hit her but yes nobody will believe a man was harassed like dat and there's no body for it. But that does not justify what this lecturer did.

Cococandy,here@the bolded lies the hypocrisy am talking about....

This thread is dead on arrival

I guess I can also say the lady being raped is also a coward,or nobody should take her serious too..since that what you guys have to say concerning men

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
How can you just sum up that the girl was raped just because she said so? Do you know the facts, the evidences and all the truth to it? I AM IN NO WAY CONDONING RAPE, But let's not get hyped on something no one was present when it happened.
If the man should be found guilty he should face the law, but not without due process being followed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

What's right is for you to dismiss the claims of the complainants and instead make up scenarios that didn't occur to justify your hideous idealogy.
In your mind the girl must be lying. And you think you're not biased. Oluku rapist.

Am anot dismissing the claim,I unlike you rely on facts rather than sentiment before passing judgement...a lady is raped,a medical test is conducted,bruises are found on her private part,how would you conduct that of a man...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

You mean she should have invited some people to come witness and take pictures while he was raping her so that she will have eye witness?

Omo I better log off before I go vex this morning.

What's kind of brain functioning is responsible for all these embarassed
Nigerians are sick I swear. Maybe the new administration legalised rape and only the rapists know about it. The response to the case is sad. Now the girl is responsible for it and the man is the victim. Maybe she should ve known it will occur and call all her friends to come and be her witness or hold a camera or better the man should rape their sisters and mom next. Maybe they don't know a hubby can also rape his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

And the reason why no one believes such is not because men can't be attacked but because people like you shame victims into keeping quiet. Some will even ridicule him for not being man enough to beat off the attacker. All these things we will continue suffering and paying for until you learn to stop shaming victims.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

Am anot dismissing the claim,I unlike you rely on facts rather than sentiment before passing judgement...a lady is raped,a medical test is conducted,bruises are found on her private part,how would you conduct that of a man...

Is the man claiming to be raped in this situation? Why does he need to be examined? What facts are you looking for besides the bruises she has? What's your angle? Because a man may have been raped somewhere who's not coming forward to complain, she shouldn't get justice in her own case?

You're not dismissing her claim but you're already sure that she agreed to it and is blackmailing him because she didn't get what she wanted. Is that not what you said in your earlier post? Suddenly you're not dismissing the claim. undecided undecided undecided

Confused fellow.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

And the reason why no one believes such is not because men can't be attacked but because people like you shame victims into keeping quiet. Some will even ridicule him for not being man enough to beat off the attacker. All these things we will continue suffering and paying for until you learn to stop shaming victims.

Why are you directing the blame to me...see me see coco oo..have we met before,which one is me shaming the victim....I said before I pass judgement there must be evidence that such acts occur...will you convicts a criminal simply because I tell you that the person stole my money without evidence...let take the teenager that shoot people inside a church,would you convict him without evidence...don't let sentiment cloud your judgement...it can be disastrous
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

I guess I can also say the lady being raped is also a coward,or nobody should take her serious too..since that what you guys have to say concerning men
Do u even understand what was written or the story @ all? The girl reported to her parents who took her for examination and it was confirmed. I'm a grown man and the norm of the society is dat women r the weaker vessel and also that a woman can't rape a man. If I tell my friends I was raped by a girl first thing is dat they'll laugh it off. It's DEAD!!! Now the girl was no coward, as was the Timaya's case. She told her parents and they reported to the police. The lecturer claim he would ve checked on her, he acted as if he had her number. If he did like he claimed he would have called or sent a text. Is there anything like that? Now we all jump to conclusion that is was a set-up. I agree there must be an investigation but we're here supporting serial rapists. What kind of hypocrisy is dat?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

Is the man claiming to be raped in this situation? Why does he need to be examined? What facts are you looking for besides the bruises she has? What's your angle? Because a man may have been raped somewhere who's not coming forward to complain, she shouldn't get justice in her own case?

You're not dismissing her claim but you're already sure that she agreed to it and is blackmailing him because she didn't get what she wanted. Is that not what you said in your earlier post? Suddenly you're not dismissing the claim. undecided undecided undecided

Confused fellow.
The only examination needed proved the girl's claim was true. She was bruised and was treated for sexual harm. I don't know what evidence they're talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

Do u even understand what was written or the story @ all? The girl reported to her parents who took her for examination and it was confirmed. I'm a grown man and the norm of the society is dat women r the weaker vessel and also that a woman can't rape a man. If I tell my friends I was raped by a girl first thing is dat they'll laugh it off. It's DEAD!!! Now the girl was no coward, as was the Timaya's case. She told her parents and they reported to the police. The lecturer claim he would ve checked on her, he acted as if he had her number. If he did like he claimed he would have called or sent a text. Is there anything like that? Now we all jump to conclusion that is was a set-up. I agree there must be an investigation but we're here supporting serial rapists. What kind of hypocrisy is dat?

We are both saying the same thing..a medical report shows that a rape occurred..because of that the man cannot be jailed just because the lady accuse the man as the culprits..until investigations shows that the man is the one that raped her before we can start passing judgement....

And if you should continue saying men can't be raped,I will continue taking every female rape cases as an arrangee one

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

Why are you directing the blame to me...see me see coco oo..have we met before,which one is me shaming the victim....I said before I pass judgement there must be evidence that such acts occur...will you convicts a criminal simply because I tell you that the person stole my money without evidence...let take the teenager that shoot people inside a church,would you convict him without evidence...don't let sentiment cloud your judgement...it can be disastrous
the blame lies 100 percent at your feet and those like you who shoot down the account of rape victims and try to victimize them some more by shaming them instead of waiting for a certified court of law to release verdict on the case.

You and your likes are the reasons why rapists will continue to operate unhindered because they know that even if the victim complains, no one will believe them. instead they will blame them and ask them what they were doing there in the first place.

Stop already.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

We are both saying the same thing..a medical report shows that a rape occurred..because of that the man cannot be jailed just because the lady accuse the man as the culprits..until investigations shows that the man is the one that raped her before we can start passing judgement....

And if you should continue saying men can't be raped,I will continue taking every female rape cases as an arrangee one

And what kind of test must be carried on a rapist to prove he's the rapee. I didn't say men can't be raped. I said the norm of society is that a man cannot be raped because he's the stronger vessel.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

Confused fellow.

Pathetic..coco are you schooled at all..

So if I should go to the police and tell them that my friend stole my car,then an investigation is conducted and the results shows that I truly owns a car and it was stolen...are you saying the should go ahead and jail my friend because I accuse him,without investigating if he is the one that stole it or someone else

Am done with these conversation...
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

So if I should go to the police and tell them that my friend stole my car,then an investigation is conducted and the results shows that I truly owns a car and it was stolen...are you saying the should go ahead and jail my friend because I accuse him,without investigating if he is the one that stole it or someone else

What examination need to be carried out on a man accused of rape? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

And the mor0n didn't read where the man agreed to it but claimed it was consensual. Your school was a waste. You even have the guts the ask someone else if they are schooled.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Jahblessme: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/08/unilag-lecturer-who-raped-18-year-old.html?m=1

Someonelse the lecturer tried to molest has come out to talk.Seems the man is a pro!!
Nigeria needs change!!

Rape is a very traumatic event,a persons life can be damaged forever.Even in developed countries, victims commit suicide and they are not even shamed and insulted the way our countrymen and women attack a raped person.Our girls and boys keep quiet when they are molested because they won't be believed,because of stigma following them.Then the accompanying 'what were you wearing' question.Somehow the victim is victimised.
Reactions to ra pe vary wildly from shame to fear to silence to depression to rage to suicide to even promiscuity.No one size fits all.

God save us!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

And the mor0n didn't read where the man agreed to it but claimed it was consensual. Your school was a waste. You even have the guts the ask someone else if they are schooled.

My bad...I did not read about the news I only saw these thread and decided to comment
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by laplace12(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:
so someone who knows one and is romantically involved with them earlier can't rape them? Do you know a husband can rape the wife much less a friend who has been close to one.
It is even harder for a stranger to rape someone because the chances of being along in a private place with a stranger is not high enough as it would be with someone who's close to you.

Many rape cases are perpetrated by people who have become close and become trusted by the victims.

Charge your husband for rape and let me see how you can win.

How many rape cases in court have you seen involving husband and wife?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
^^^ hmmm. They will soon say the man is being set up.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

What examination need to be carried out on a man accused of rape? undecided

Pity,so if I should accuse you of stealing my credit card,then the police later confirmed that my credit card was truly. Stolen..then should jail you without finding out if you are the one that stole it or someone else
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by zeb04(f): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Rape is a mere issue and the victims are lying until it gets to your sisters or those you love.

mofos

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

Pity,so if I should accuse you of stealing my credit card,then the police later confirmed that my credit card was truly. Stolen..then should jail you without finding out if you are the one that stole it or someone else
You didn't answer the question. What examination need to be carried out to prove a man raped a girl. I didn't say investigation.
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by sainty2k3(m): 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

hello, I observed that you are taking a good side of protecting the molested, but we also bneed to remember that no one is guilty until proven beyond reasonable doubt.
in the case of Mr lecturer, either rape or not he's guilty and has betrayed trust. coming out to say he used condom MIGHT just be a defense but who are we to speak with all certainty, we were not there

in the case of Timaya I found it difficult to believe that a lady left her house to meet a guy in his hotel room ( for rehearsal or meeting) no sign of struggle, according to report thy have been flirting probably sexting online even before then, only to talk of rape after enjoying the thing. but again who are we to say with certainty.

I've seen prostitute accusing customer of rape just because the guy didn't pay enough. should they jailed the guy straight away?
there are always many side to a story and even the body defending molested people in one of their presentation agreed that at times victims made it difficult to achieve justice cos they are no saint too,some do have their fault.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

You didn't answer the question. What examination need to be carried out to prove a man raped a girl. I didn't say investigation.

The police know how to go about that/detectives,that their job...I can't say what examinations that should be carried out
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:
No wonder we have rapists as Pastors. No wonder we have wife beaters as glorified husband. No wonder we have fathers who can't put their home together but rather blame their wife for their misfortunes. Nigeria is a sick country.
Some days back I read how Nigerians here on NL claiming Sheila was blackmailing Timaya and wanted to bring him down. How she's possessed and she's responsible for whatever happened. Even if she's a prostitute or not the young man forced her or lemme put it clearly to the hypocrites, he raped her. And y'all applauding him for it. She reported to the authorities and mind you no one was there when it happened. But we miraculously know she agreed to it and decided to blackmail the guy when she couldn't have her way.
Now an 18 year old girl is raped by a disgrace to the academic profession and y'all claiming she decided to blackmail him because she agreed initially and couldn't get her admission. An 18 year old? I weep for Nigerians. so her age is no concern or whether she was forced but it's that she manipulated the guy.
Whereas a high school teacher was jailed in the U.S for getting pregnant by her pupil who toasted her but here we are supporting a serial rapist. How sick are we? If Bill Cosby was a Nigerian he would still be holding shows around the country and those women will be blamed, they will say they are trying to tarnish his image. No wonder a bleeped up father can tell his son that a woman deserves beating (Yes, a father told his son this after he stopped his father from hitting his second wife).
Now Timayaa and the lecturer are the victims and the girls are the rapist. Can someone please tell me what is the legal definition of rape? I am dissapointed with this country. How will you feel is Sheila was your sister of if the little girl was your daughter? We need to take a stand on rape or else India will be a paradise for women and Nigeria a paradise for rapists. I remember a case in India where a lady was violated with a iron rod and died days later despite intervention from the government! Let's put a stop to this before next could be your sister, mother, daughter or even grand-mother.

Jesus said: "By their fruits we shall know them...".

Releasing a tape right after her supposed rape calls her claims into question.

It's very easy for SJWs like you to quickly jump to conclusions AGAINST MEN whenever rape is mentioned.

For the second girl, being raped in an OFFICE, while you wait for the man to put on a condom is a stretch man, for many reasons.

And even, raping a woman, in the absence excessive physical force and the imminent threat of violence is far from easy.

It is most likely that the intercourse was consensual, but on the promise of admission. Many women will give up their virtue in the pursuit of any goals they consider worthwhile.

Maybe she just felt used afterwards and turned on the man, since the admission didn't materialize.

Finally, I can only speculate, given the facts at hand.

And IF you don't have more facts than we all do, then you shouldn't rush to conclusions too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by kweenkong(f): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
I never really followed the Timayas rape accusation but the lecturers case I have found particularly interesting.

I read the account of both the lecturer and the lady involved, and I was sick to my stomach.

And to read that people are actually saying the lady is to blame shows how far we have fallen as a society.

A forty year old man , a lecturer and probably a father, claimed that he had consensual sex with a girl placed under his care by her father. Really and the younger person is at fault.

1) for him to fall for her wiles shows how little self control he has.
2) who doesn't know how randy and incorrigible most of this lecturers are.
3) the lecturer story has so many holes I won't bother to start.

I pray we stop the shaming of rape victims and allow them speak out. parents should teach there kids how to relate with people. but parents have failed encouraging bullying , wife battery, child molestation,

I am honestly shocked

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
sainty2k3:

hello, I observed that you are taking a good side of protecting the molested, but we also bneed to remember that no one is guilty until proven beyond reasonable doubt.
in the case of Mr lecturer, either rape or not he's guilty and has betrayed trust. coming out to say he used condom MIGHT just be a defense but who are we to speak with all certainty, we were not there

in the case of Timaya I found it difficult to believe that a lady left her house to meet a guy in his hotel room ( for rehearsal or meeting) no sign of struggle, according to report thy have been flirting probably sexting online even before then, only to talk of rape after enjoying the thing. but again who are we to say with certainty.

I've seen prostitute accusing customer of rape just because the guy didn't pay enough. should they jailed the guy straight away?
there are always many side to a story and even the body defending molested people in one of their presentation agreed that at times victims made it difficult to achieve justice cos they are no saint too,some do have their fault.

Exactly,what the op and his/her likes want is for the person accused to be jail immediately,without evidence to show if the man committed the act or not...the police know their job,that why they first of all went for a medical test,now it left for them to follow the due process in order to find out if the man committed the act or not..they know how to go about it....

And to you saying until someone sisters is raped before we will know it dangerous...also know that until your friend or brother is jailed without evidence for rape before you will know that there are due process to follow..

And to you cococandy learn to choose your word when replying someone,don't ever call me a rapist again..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Read and comprehend. No one at least not me is saying they should be jailed without trial.
I'm saying folks need to stop trying to hush complainants into silence before they can even prove their case.
Read and comprehend.
sainty2k3:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kids Do The Darnest Things / Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? / 'Career' Wife Or Full-time House Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.