Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer (7056 Views)

In Response To A Previous Thread Created By Amara Okafor / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

Exactly,what the op and his/her likes want is for the person accused to be jail immediately,without evidence to show if the man committed the act or not...the police know their job,that why they first of all went for a medical test,now it left for them to follow the due process in order to find out if the man committed the act or not..they know how to go about it....

And to you saying until someone sisters is raped before we will know it dangerous...also know that until your friend or brother is jailed without evidence for rape before you will know that there are due process to follow..

And to you cococandy learn to choose your word when replying someone,don't ever call me a rapist again..

Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

Mtchew
Disappointed in you...life won't end on NL
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

. Are you kidding me?

If only I was just disappointed in you. I'm disgusted.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:
[color=#006600]pathetic,you talk of rape cases and focus mainly of females,so much for gender equality,whoever is been raped or has been raped should provide strong evidence or the rape never took place...imagine rapping a full grown girl and she was still able to interview the person that raped her,or an 18 years old girl,and she decided not to tell anybody,[common sense will tell you that she agreed to have sex with the lecturer,in the course of the action,probably the lecturer ruff handled her and and in the process result to injuries in her private parts ....believe any case of rape by a lecturer at your own peril..either hotel or his/her office

See common sense.

You just made up a story to suit yourself and call it common sense. What happened to shutting up and let the case be tried. You turned to accuser, accused, judge and jury.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
Unfollows thread.

I get pissed when people make light of rape. (As has become the norm)

Make I no go vex more than I already am. angry

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Jesus said: "By their fruits we shall know them...".

Releasing a tape right after her supposed rape calls her claims into question.

It's very easy for SJWs like you to quickly jump to conclusions AGAINST MEN whenever rape is mentioned.

For the second girl, being raped in an OFFICE, while you wait for the man to put on a condom is a stretch man, for many reasons.

And even, raping a woman, in the absence excessive physical force and the imminent threat of violence is far from easy.

It is most likely that the intercourse was consensual, but on the promise of admission. Many women will give up their virtue in the pursuit of any goals they consider worthwhile.

Maybe she just felt used afterwards and turned on the man, since the admission didn't materialize.

Finally, I can only speculate, given the facts at hand.

And IF you don't have more facts than we all do, then you shouldn't rush to conclusions too.

I'm a man and I ve sisters. And Jesus didn't condemn d prostitute because everybody was. There's a victim here and obviously it doesn't matter what happened to u.
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Joy1706(f): 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

You mean she should have invited some people to come witness and take pictures while he was raping her so that she will have eye witness?

Omo I better log off before I go vex this morning.

What's kind of brain functioning is responsible for all these embarassed
My sis I tire oooooo. So she should have put up a notice

ATTN: I WILL BE RAPED AT 3 PM IN ........ OFFICE. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN BEING AN EYEWITNESS, PLEASE BE PRESENT. N/B: Don't forget to come with a camera and recording device

Mstchewww!!!!! Dullards everywhere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Onegai(f): 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Jesus said: "By their fruits we shall know them...".

Releasing a tape right after her supposed rape calls her claims into question.

It's very easy for SJWs like you to quickly jump to conclusions AGAINST MEN whenever rape is mentioned.

For the second girl, being raped in an OFFICE, while you wait for the man to put on a condom is a stretch man, for many reasons.

And even, raping a woman, in the absence excessive physical force and the imminent threat of violence is far from easy.

It is most likely that the intercourse was consensual, but on the promise of admission. Many women will give up their virtue in the pursuit of any goals they consider worthwhile.

Maybe she just felt used afterwards and turned on the man, since the admission didn't materialize.

Finally, I can only speculate, given the facts at hand.

And IF you don't have more facts than we all do, then you shouldn't rush to conclusions too.

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/08/unilag-lecturer-who-raped-18-year-old.html?m=1

A female student had the same "issue" with the same lecturer. Let me guess, you're going to say these are all lies against an innocent man, right?

In unilag, there was this idiotic lecturer who tried to kiss a classmate when he asked her to come and take. a test. she missed in his office. 3 years later he was asking another classmate to meet him in Unilag Guesthouse. I saw the texts. 10 years later, that lecturer is still teaching. I guess you will say all those girls were lying about him too.

One Dr came for a conference at unilag and was carrying strong face and saying students are very wicked everywhere, so we were sent to appease him and be polite. Later on, he came outside and was smiling and bringing his ugly face trying to "know us ladies better and meet him that evening".
He could have easily asked one of us female students to bring something he "forgot" at the conference hall to Guesthouse, something bad will happen and later claim she wanted it.
And you will defend him.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Pidggin(f): 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
laplace12:

Rubbish!!!

How will you feel if a woman willingly sleeps with you then turn around to scream rape?

Do you know the trauma involved?

How do you know they were willing, how do you know the men involved are not lying to avoid jail?

This is the same male chauvinism we keep complaining about, you believe the men but the women are all liers right?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:

See common sense.

You just made up a story to suit yourself and call it common sense. What happened to shutting up and let the case be tried. You turned to accuser, accused, judge and jury.

I maid this comment,before finding out that the man has come out to say they did have sex,and with a condom..and I apologise for it,go through the thread
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by sainty2k3(m): 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:
Read and comprehend. No one at least not me is saying they should be jailed without trial.
I'm saying folks need to stop trying to hush complainants into silence before they can even prove their case.
Read and comprehend.
OK do I need to tell u that the meaning of 'jail' in my write up doesn't refer to prison stuffs alone it include being extremely judgmental about it. without giving consideration even if little,that the accused might not be as guilty as we tot and that the victim might also not be as innocent as we tot.
read and comprehend (in your own voice)
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:
. Are you kidding me?

If only I was just disappointed in you. I'm disgusted.

You are free to,I apologise after finding out that the man did confess that they had sex...all what I wrote before reading about the news is because the op said the man should be jailed...I was only trying to say,you don't just jail him like that without going through the right process...
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Joy1706(f): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

No be only disappointed. Mstchewwww. Your posts are nothing short of disgusting and appalling. Till it happens to someone close to you.......Till then

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by snakebeat: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:
have you been raped before? Do you know some victims are afraid to raise alarm when alone with the their attacker for fear of being harmed in the process? So in your "wisdom" if she didn't raise alarm, it means she agreed to it?
Sharraap my friend!
@ bolded, was the man holding a gun? Had it been she saw a lion in the lecturer's office would she have kept quiet. By keeping quiet automatically means she conceded to the act.
She's just using rape as a smokescreen to get back at the lecturer, obviously for reneging on his own part of the bargain.

The lecturer coaxed sex from her, but he didn't rape her...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Joy1706(f): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

I maid this comment,before finding out that the man has come out to say they did have sex,and with a condom..and I apologise for it,go through the thread
So you didn't even bother to read the facts of the case before jumping to comment and make sick assumptions. Mstchewww. Your problem is deep mehn

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Pidggin(f): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

So you wanna tell me the girl was raped in his office and he couldn't shout or in a hotel room...what of men that are being abuse by their female boss but won't speak because of the blame he will receive..for not manning up enough and giving the woman what she want...

Abeg

You will only understand when the same thing happens to a female you care for.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nigerian society is full of psychotic human beings. They are all sick in the head. Somebody needs to start evaluating them for mental problems.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Joy1706(f): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
snakebeat:

Sharraap my friend!
@ bolded, was the man holding a gun? Had it been she saw a lion in the lecturer's office would she have kept quite. By keeping quiet automatically means she conceded to the act.
She's just using rape as a smokescreen to get back at the lecturer, obviously for reneging on his own part of the bargain.

The lecturer coaxed sex from her, but he didn't rape her...
You shut the hell up. Keeping quiet equals yes. People like you are the problem with nigeria. People like deserve a very slow death. I bet you your daughter will be raped.... nt just raped, gang banged and people will tell you the men coaxed her into sex. Mofo

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Pidggin(f): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
blublahd:
How can you just sum up that the girl was raped just because she said so? Do you know the facts, the evidences and all the truth to it? I AM IN NO WAY CONDONING RAPE, But let's not get hyped on something no one was present when it happened.
If the man should be found guilty he should face the law, but not without due process being followed

Who is saying due process will not be followed? What the OP is saying is that people should stop surporting accused rapists until they are proven not guilty.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by snakebeat: 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
Joy1706:

You shut the hell up. Keeping quiet equals yes. People like you are the problem with nigeria. People like deserve a very slow death. I bet you your daughter will be raped.... nt just raped, gang banged and people will tell you the men coaxed her into sex. Mofo
Pls check my moniker, I do bite! & my venom is deadly. I'm pretty sure u wouldn't want me to get u into my thug process....
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
[b]Just to make myself clear,all my post was written before I got to know that the man confess that he did have sex with the girl..

In the case of timaya,my question was why did the lady not rushed down immediately to inform the hotel securities rather she took her phone and started interviewing timaya...

To you all ladies getting sentimental insulting me,I hope you will be happy when someone you know very well is accuse of rape and without finding out if the guy is guilty or not,but was convicted because a medical test was carried out..I hope that will make you guys happy....

Imagine,placing you guys in offices that involves making decisions concerning people's life...all men accuse of rape will be in jail now either guilty or not,since that what you guys want..and you op..you open a thread lamenting about how nigeria are condemning rape victims and you still go ahead to shame and say bad words conceding a male rape victims saying it impossible....

Bunch of retards and fuvktards on NL[/b]
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Joy1706:

So you didn't even bother to read the facts of the case before jumping to comment and make sick assumptions. Mstchewww. Your problem is deep mehn

Just like you who have not confirmed if the man is guilty or not yet rushes to call him a rapist...
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pidggin:

Who is saying due process will not be followed? What the OP is saying is that people should stop surporting accused rapists until they are proven not guilty.

But you wants the man to be called a rapist without him being proven guilty...wahalai humans are hypocritical beings...you guys keep proving me right
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Joy1706(f): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

Just like you who have not confirmed if the man is guilty or not yet rushes to call him a rapist...

Circumstantial evidence points to the fact that there is an 80 percent chance he raped her

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Joy1706(f): 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
snakebeat:

Pls check my moniker, I do bite! & my venom is deadly. I'm pretty sure u wouldn't want me to get u into my thug process....
Fucck out jor. Feel free to bite your preek

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Pidggin(f): 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

But you wants the man to be called a rapist without him being proven guilty...wahalai humans are hypocritical beings...you guys keep proving me right

I want people to stop blaming the girl or assuming that she is lying. You are the hypocrite here not me.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pidggin:

I want people to stop blaming the girl or assuming that she is lying. You are the hypocrite here not me.

We both wants the same thing,you want people to stop blaming the girl,and I want people to stop calling the man a rapist..fair,so what is my crime here that should warrant insults
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Joy1706:

Circumstantial evidence points to the fact that there is an 80 percent chance he raped her

Committing the same crime you accuse me off...you don't have any right to assume or label the man a rapist until he is proven guilty
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
Some peeps here were either formed in a tube or their brains cells is simply dead
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Pidggin(f): 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

We both wants the same thing,you want people to stop blaming the girl,and I want people to stop calling the man a rapist..fair,so what is my crime here that should warrant insults

The man said he had sex with her. If he was a decent man will he sleep with a girl that was entrusted to him? He is older and wiser than the girl and should be more responsible. The fact that you can't even see his wrong doing here is what necessitated the insult because I know if you entrust your younger sister or maybe future daughter to someone you trust you will be dissapointed if he ends up sleeping with her regardless.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by zeb04(f): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
Onegai:

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/08/unilag-lecturer-who-raped-18-year-old.html?m=1

A female student had the same "issue" with the same lecturer. Let me guess, you're going to say these are all lies against an innocent man, right?

In unilag, there was this idiotic lecturer who tried to kiss a classmate when he asked her to come and take. a test. she missed in his office. 3 years later he was asking another classmate to meet him in Unilag Guesthouse. I saw the texts. 10 years later, that lecturer is still teaching. I guess you will say all those girls were lying about him too.

One Dr came for a conference at unilag and was carrying strong face and saying students are very wicked everywhere, so we were sent to appease him and be polite. Later on, he came outside and was smiling and bringing his ugly face trying to "know us ladies better and meet him that evening".
He could have easily asked one of us female students to bring something he "forgot" at the conference hall to Guesthouse, something bad will happen and later claim she wanted it.
And you will defend him.
my dear, that's how my useless project supervisor (during my schools days) was always trying to make me come to his lodge.
in fact,I never believed I'd graduate with my mate.all the threats I received ehn.mtschew

I just thank God for vindicating me at last

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pidggin:

The man said he had sex with her. If he was a decent man will he sleep with a girl that was entrusted to him? He is older and wiser than the girl and should be more responsible. The fact that you can't even see his wrong doing here is what necessitated the insult because I know if you entrust your younger sister or maybe future daughter to someone you trust you will be dissapointed if he ends up sleeping with her regardless.

I don't know where you are going with these,we all know all these happen because of admission...I wanna start. The blame game this night..all I have to say is that let due process be followed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Career' Wife Or Full-time House Wife / My Husband Of Less Than A 1yr Of Marriage Has Changed / Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.