Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer (7039 Views)

In Response To A Previous Thread Created By Amara Okafor / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by ORALL: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
zeb04:
seems like you support rape.is your father a rapist?

Nah,did your dad rape your sister or was your momma raped too...or are you one of those food for back olosh.o

Tell me..your father

Is he a drunkard/rapist

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by zeb04(f): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
ORALL:

Nah,did your dad rape your sister or was your momma raped too...or are you one of those food for back olosh.o

Tell me..your father

Is he a drunkard/rapist
no
but I know your dad is a useless drunkard,rapist and an old fool and your are the hideous product of that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by ORALL: 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
zeb04:
no
but I know your dad is a useless drunkard,rapist and an old fool and your are the hideous product of that.

Hahahahahah funny you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by zeb04(f): 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2015
ORALL:

Hahahahahah funny you
I don't wanna fight with you. I take my insult back
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
zeb04:
seems like you support rape.is your father a rapist?

Ask the fool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by ORALL: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
zeb04:
I don't wanna fight with you.
I take my insult back

Jeez...I was just having fun...I don't take nl and its insults serious..I am advising you to do same...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by limamintruth: 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
laplace12:

Evidences show there was no rape. Reason people respond that way.

To establish a rape case there should be a proof there is no romantic relationship between the people involved. But here there is hanging out and consensual romantic touches at different times before the alleged rape.

And the girl has reached the age of sex consent.

Not true.
Under nigerian law, all that is required to establish rape is:
"That the accused penetrated the victim/complainant and that he did it without her consent".

Whether or not she is the accused's girlfriend doesnt matter here (unless they are married couple).
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by laplace12(m): 10:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
limamintruth:

Not true.
Under nigerian law, all that is required to establish rape is:
"That the accused penetrated the victim/complainant and that he did it without her consent".

Whether or not she is the accused's girlfriend doesnt matter here (unless they are married couple).

Give me one example of a rape case You know between two people who are dating or were dating.
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by limamintruth: 6:56am On Aug 11, 2015
laplace12:

Give me one example of a rape case You know between two people who are dating or were dating.

Are you indirectly saying you'v never heard of 'Date Rape' before? shocked
There have been several instances where supposed boyfriends have drugged their girlfriends' drink and had unconsentious se.x with the ladies.

Google is your friend bro. Do the research yourself. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by laplace12(m): 7:34am On Aug 11, 2015
limamintruth:

Are you indirectly saying you'v never heard of 'Date Rape' before? shocked
There have been several instances where supposed boyfriends have drugged their girlfriends' drink and had unconsentious se.x with the ladies.

Google is your friend bro. Do the research yourself. smiley

I said give example. You still couldn't.
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by limamintruth: 9:27am On Aug 11, 2015
laplace12:

I said give example. You still couldn't.

Ok oooo. If you like, go ahead and rape your girlfriends dude. Na you sabi. cool

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by laplace12(m): 10:11am On Aug 11, 2015
limamintruth:

Ok oooo. If you like, go ahead and rape your girlfriends dude. Na you sabi. cool

I can't rape my girlfriend ...and my girlfriend can't sue me for rape
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by tmosco(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2015
The issue with rape sad and will become worse in this sex conscious generation. Due to fact that some Women would lie of rape to exploit or manipulate men, this as cause people to believe innocence until proving guilty and pls op don't insult Nigerians because this is a world problem. Case scenario bill Cosby not everyone believed until more than 20 people came forward and still some still have doubt including women.
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Pidggin(f): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
ORALL:

Tell me..your father

Is he a drunkard/rapist

Gabbage in Gabbage out, bag of filth!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
snakebeat:

Sharraap my friend!
@ bolded, was the man holding a gun? Had it been she saw a lion in the lecturer's office would she have kept quiet. By keeping quiet automatically means she conceded to the act.
She's just using rape as a smokescreen to get back at the lecturer, obviously for reneging on his own part of the bargain.

The lecturer coaxed sex from her, but he didn't rape her...
Ode! Pervert!

How many women have you raped?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
kevinberry:

O please let me be, I already apologise because I know me accusing the girl of lying is bitting you guys hearts....what is good for the goose is good for the gander..stop calling him a rapist and I too will stop saying she is lying

Pervert! Your sisters and daughters are still going to find themselves in her position and no one would believe themcheesy

Oya shout Amencheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
Blonchilli:

Lol @ adress ur elders. Abeg check front page, you'll see the other girl's account. I've seen people react out of shock to some circumstance that requires screaming or wailing. I knw of someone who broke her bones but couldn't scream, she was just starring as if surprised. the man is sick.

I am also like that. I don't scream when I am hurting or terrified. I merely close my eyes and wish the hurt away. It makes my mum mad.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by snakebeat: 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
oreos:

Ode! Pervert!

How many women have you raped?
What is it with u & ode?
Insidious
must u affront someone to express ur opinion?
Silly girl...
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
snakebeat:

What is it with u & ode?
Insidious
Silly girl...
You rapist! angry lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by snakebeat: 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
all4naija:
You rapist! angry lipsrsealed
Yeah....
U wanna join me? U gonna like it, pm me...
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
snakebeat:

Yeah....
U wanna join me? U gonna like it, pm me...
Why should I when I am not a rapist like you? You open rapist! Barbarian!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by snakebeat: 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
all4naija:
Why should I when I am not a rapist like you? You open rapist! Barbarian!
Lol...
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
snakebeat:

What is it with u & ode?
Insidious
Silly girl...

sad Do I know you?
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
oreos:

Pervert! Your sisters and daughters are still going to find themselves in her position and no one would believe themcheesy

Oya shout Amencheesy

Sharap,not my fault your papa rape your sisters..blame the idiot not me

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by bamidele029: 11:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
laplace12:

Guy stop saying rubbish angry even if you've had sex with someone before as long as he/she said no that day it is rape and as long as there is enough evidence you will surely go to jail. The fact that you are dating someone does not give you unlimited access to their body, her body remains hers and anytime she says no it is NO

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by laplace12(m): 12:49am On Aug 13, 2015
bamidele029:

Guy stop saying rubbish angry even if you've had sex with someone before as long as he/she said no that day it is rape and as long as there is enough evidence you will surely go to jail. The fact that you are dating someone does not give you unlimited access to their body, her body remains hers and anytime she says no it is NO

You people will not Pay attention to law, You sit down and assume whatever You like.

Show me one example of rape case involving couple, wether married or dating.

People sue their exs for several reason like battering, fraud e.t.c but have You heard of anyone sue an ex for rape committed while they were dating?

The Judge Will even laugh at You...more like saying, we had the first round, the second round, then I said I wasn't ready for the third round and he forced me...please send him to jail.

No lawyer Will even want to embarrass himself by taking up such a case.
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by lolababe331e: 9:33am On Aug 13, 2015
laplace12:

You people will not Pay attention to law, You sit down and assume whatever You like.

Show me one example of rape case involving couple, wether married or dating.

People sue their exs for several reason like battering, fraud e.t.c but have You heard of anyone sue an ex for rape committed while they were dating?

The Judge Will even laugh at You...more like saying, we had the first round, the second round, then I said I wasn't ready for the third round and he forced me...please send him to jail.

No lawyer Will even want to embarrass himself by taking up such a case.

Mr. Man stop saying what you don't know. There is even a term for it , it's called Date

DATE RAPE
Rape is the forcing of someone to engage in sexual acts against his or her will. The term date rape refers to rape committed by a person who has had some sort of romantic relationship, or was on a date, with the victim.

http://legaldictionary.net/date-rape/

Date rape is a form of acquaintance rape. The two phrases are often used interchangeably, but date rape specifically refers to a rape in which there has been some sort of romantic or potentially sexual relationship between the two parties. Acquaintance rape also includes rapes in which the victim and perpetrator have been in a non-romantic, non-sexual relationship, for example as co-workers or neighbours.[1][2][3][4][5][6] Date rape is particularly prevalent on college campuses, where it frequently occurs in situations involving alcohol or other date rape drugs,[7] which may facilitate the execution of drug facilitated sexual assault (DFSA).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape

What is rape and date rape?

Rape is sex you don’t agree to, including forcing a body part or object into your vagina, rectum (bottom), or mouth. Date rape is when you are raped by someone you know, like a boyfriend. Both are crimes.

http://www.girlshealth.gov/safety/saferelationships/daterape.html

Even if you've had 10 rounds with a girl and she says no to the 11th round it is rape and as long as there is evidence of a struggle, bruising etc the perpetrator will go to jail like any other rapist.

It is like saying because I have given my friend money many times in the past I can't sue him for theft of he takes my money another time without my permission.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by laplace12(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2015
lolababe331e:

Mr. Man stop saying what you don't know. There is even a term for it , it's called Date https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape

Date rape is a form of acquaintance rape. The two phrases are often used interchangeably, but date rape specifically refers to a rape in which there has been some sort of romantic or potentially sexual relationship between the two parties. Acquaintance rape also includes rapes in which the victim and perpetrator have been in a non-romantic, non-sexual relationship, for example as co-workers or neighbours.[1][2][3][4][5][6] Date rape is particularly prevalent on college campuses, where it frequently occurs in situations involving alcohol or other date rape drugs,[7] which may facilitate the execution of drug facilitated sexual assault (DFSA).

Rape is sex you don’t agree to, including forcing a body part or object into your vagina, rectum (bottom), or mouth. Date rape is when you are raped by someone you know, like a boyfriend. Both are crimes. Rape is not about sex — it is an act of power by the rapist and it is always wrong.

I am talking practical You are talking theory.

Show me examples of date rape cases on trial... I mean between people that are admittedly dating. Atleast we read about rape here everyday.

I tell You, no lawyer Can take up such a case.
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by lolababe331e: 9:53am On Aug 13, 2015
laplace12:

I am talking practical You are talking theory.

Show me examples of date rape cases on trial... I mean between people that are admittedly dating. Atleast we read about rape here everyday.

I tell You, no lawyer Can take up such a case.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/06/nyregion/man-found-guilty-of-raping-his-wife.html

Man Found Guilty of Raping His Wife

Every year, the Manhattan District Attorney's office brings a few dozen cases against men accused of raping their wives. In all but a few cases, the men are not convicted, often because the woman decides not to pursue the case.

But on Monday, one of the cases prevailed, in part because the woman was upset that her husband never expressed any remorse over the attack.

The man, Jose Santos, a 37-year-old resident of Washington Heights, was convicted of first-degree rape, first-degree sodomy, first-degree sexual abuse and second-degree assault in the May 9 attack, which prosecutors said was so violent that his wife's ankle was broken.

Linda Fairstein, chief of the Manhattan District Attorney's sex crimes unit, said many of the marital rape cases her office handles never go to trial.

"We lose the victims before the trial," Ms. Fairstein said. "The victims withdraw, choose not to prosecute, some because of fear of reprisal, some because of the psychological feelings involved."

Ms. Fairstein, the author of the book "Sexual Violence: Our War Against Rape" (William Morrow & Company, 1993), said that a wife who has been sexually abused or battered approaches the criminal justice system "with a lot of ambivalence," partly because of "societal attitudes."

"I think the perception has been nationally as a result of the Simpson case that these cases don't do well in the system," Ms. Fairstein said, referring to domestic violence cases in general.

She said the victim of a marital rape may have a love-hate relationship with her spouse and still hopes to resume the relationship. Also, she may not want to see the father of her children go to jail, or is fearful of financial hardship if the wage-earner receives a prison sentence.

In this week's case, the victim, a 35-year-old home-care attendant, saw the prosecution through to the end because her husband denied he had done anything wrong and never showed remorse, said Martha Bashford, the prosecutor handling the case.

"I think she got very indignant at that," Ms. Bashford said.

Since the woman was a rape victim, her name was omitted from the court record. The victim has a different last name than her husband.

Mr. Santos, an unemployed guitar teacher, testified that his wife slipped and broke her ankle as she attacked him with a kitchen knife. He said that he delayed calling an ambulance for three hours, even though she claimed to be intense pain, because she was getting dressed and putting on her makeup.

"You know how women are," he said on the stand.

The victim testified that she and Mr. Santos had been married about a year when they became estranged and he moved out. Several days later, after her two young children by another man had left for school, her husband showed up at her door and began choking and pushing her. She fell, her leg folded awkwardly under her, and her ankle broke.

According to her testimony, Mr. Santos grabbed a kitchen knife and began yelling that it was too late for both of them and they both were going to die. He began to rip her clothes off, she said, but when she screamed in pain he ordered her to take them off. Then he sexually abused her. Throughout the ordeal, he was drinking alcohol and talking incoherently about their relationship.

At one point, Mr. Santos tried to stab her but she moved aside and the knife pierced the mattress. Then he broke down and asked her forgiveness. She finally convinced him to call an ambulance about 11:30 A.M., about three hours after she broke her ankle.

At Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, the victim called a friend who worked for the Department of Correction. When the friend arrived, she got Mr. Santos to leave his wife's side and got a hospital social worker to interview the victim, prosecutors said.

"If he had been willing to admit what he had done and expressed remorse, she would have had a different view" about prosecuting, Ms. Bashford said. "But he kept saying it was her fault."

Mr. Santos faces a minimum of 4 1/2 to 9 years and a maximum of 12 1/2 to 25 years in prison when he is sentenced by Justice Franklyn R. Weissberg of State Supreme Court on Dec. 20.

That one na even married couple o

I guess the lawyers on that case were fake abi and even the Judge

I can quote many more cases to quote

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by aderonila18: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2015
lolababe331e:

Mr. Man stop saying what you don't know. There is even a term for it , it's called Date

DATE RAPE
Rape is the forcing of someone to engage in sexual acts against his or her will. The term date rape refers to rape committed by a person who has had some sort of romantic relationship, or was on a date, with the victim.

http://legaldictionary.net/date-rape/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape

Rape is sex you don’t agree to, including forcing a body part or object into your vagina, rectum (bottom), or mouth. Date rape is when you are raped by someone you know, like a boyfriend. Both are crimes.

Even if you've had 10 rounds with a girl and she says no to the 11th round it is rape and as long as there is evidence of a struggle, bruising etc the perpetrator will go to jail like any other rapist.

It is like saying because I have given my friend money many times in the past I can't sue him for theft of he takes my money another time without my permission.

Comments like his have shown that Nigerian men need to be educated about Rape. Many of them are even ignorant of what qualifies as rape. Imagine someone thinking because a woman has slept with you before or is dating you that means you can force her and you can't be charged with rape shocked sick

Each sexual encounter is different and both parties must give consent for each other wise it is rape. That you had sex yesterday doesn't give you the right to force her today if she's not in the mood

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BAD Parenting:black Lady With Her Baby Twerking In The Bedroom. / When Does A Woman Become A Liability? / Nigerians And Teen Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.