Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,384 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer (7023 Views)

In Response To A Previous Thread Created By Amara Okafor / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
No wonder we have rapists as Pastors. No wonder we have wife beaters as glorified husband. No wonder we have fathers who can't put their home together but rather blame their wife for their misfortunes. Nigeria is a sick country.
Some days back I read how Nigerians here on NL claiming Sheila was blackmailing Timaya and wanted to bring him down. How she's possessed and she's responsible for whatever happened. Even if she's a prostitute or not the young man forced her or lemme put it clearly to the hypocrites, he raped her. And y'all applauding him for it. She reported to the authorities and mind you no one was there when it happened. But we miraculously know she agreed to it and decided to blackmail the guy when she couldn't have her way.
Now an 18 year old girl is raped by a disgrace to the academic profession and y'all claiming she decided to blackmail him because she agreed initially and couldn't get her admission. An 18 year old? I weep for Nigerians. so her age is no concern or whether she was forced but it's that she manipulated the guy.
Whereas a high school teacher was jailed in the U.S for getting pregnant by her pupil who toasted her but here we are supporting a serial rapist. How sick are we? If Bill Cosby was a Nigerian he would still be holding shows around the country and those women will be blamed, they will say they are trying to tarnish his image. No wonder a bleeped up father can tell his son that a woman deserves beating (Yes, a father told his son this after he stopped his father from hitting his second wife).
Now Timayaa and the lecturer are the victims and the girls are the rapist. Can someone please tell me what is the legal definition of rape? I am dissapointed with this country. How will you feel is Sheila was your sister of if the little girl was your daughter? We need to take a stand on rape or else India will be a paradise for women and Nigeria a paradise for rapists. I remember a case in India where a lady was violated with a iron rod and died days later despite intervention from the government! Let's put a stop to this before next could be your sister, mother, daughter or even grand-mother.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by deadZONE: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by kestolove95(m): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nigeria is now turning to india

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
kestolove95:
Nigeria is now turning to india
Exactly. Even worse in the next 5 years. Soon everybody will feel they can rape anybody and get away with it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by NeduLuiZ(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
A rape case without any eye witness

A rape case without any concrete evidence

Am strongly against any non-consensual sex but a situation where an 18year old could not raise alarm to attract outsiders seems to be absurd

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
NeduLuiZ:

Evidence? Was'nt she tested and they found out she was violated?must they be a tape? Would a sane man stand there and watch d whole thing happen cos of evidence? If she's Hot or not what sick man with a wife n kids n mostly his friend's daughter would have sex or worse rape her!

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by NeduLuiZ(m): 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

Evidence? Was'nt she tested and they found out she was violated?must they be a tape? Would a sane man stand there and watch d whole thing happen cos of eveidence?
A condom was used in her case, how many hands does this lecturer have

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
NeduLuiZ:

A condom was used in her case, how many hands does this lecturer have
The man claimed he used a condom. I don't think the police found a used condom in his office. C'mon he's a grown man. He can say whatever needs to be said.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by angieberry(f): 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
You have a good point there, it's all part of the African man mentality where the man is always right, where the supremacy of the man and his actions is emphasized. Here, women are belittled and constantly put down, and you can attest to that due to the numerous woman-bashing threads. Here, women are empty headed bimbos who would always use the opportunity to use their bodies to get what they want. So, any act of rape is always the woman's fault.

That aside, that Timaya rape story is one I find hard to believe. I mean, the story seems very fishy and I can almost swear that the whole thing is made up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by laplace12(m): 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
Rubbish!!!

How will you feel if a woman willingly sleeps with you then turn around to scream rape?

Do you know the trauma involved?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
angieberry:
You have a good point there, it's all part of the African man mentality where the man is always right, where the supremacy of the man and his actions is emphasized. Here, women are belittled and constantly put down, and you can attest to that due to the numerous woman-bashing threads. Here, women are empty headed bimbos who would always use the opportunity to use their bodies to get what they want. So, any act of rape is always the woman's fault.

That aside, that Timaya rape story is one I find hard to believe. I mean, the story seems very fishy and I can almost swear that the whole thing is made up.
Well said. Women are relegated to the background. If a woman is beating by her husband the questions would be "what did you do?", "women talk too much". This mentality will take us nowhere. The Timaya's case I think happened. Don't u knw in a situation where a boy n girl initially agree to sex n d girl refuses later on only to be forced by d guy is rape?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by NeduLuiZ(m): 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

The man claimed he used a condom. I don't think the police found a used condom in his office. C'mon he's a grown man. He can say whatever needs to be said.
there's something missing in the whole story

I blame the animal of a man for it all

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
laplace12:

Rubbish!!!

How will you feel if a woman willingly sleeps with you then turn around to scream rape?

Do you know the trauma involved?
What about the trauma of a girl who was raped and after reporting the table is turned against her.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
pathetic,you talk of rape cases and focus mainly of females,so much for gender equality,whoever is been raped or has been raped should provide strong evidence or the rape never took place...imagine rapping a full grown girl and she was still able to interview the person that raped her,or an 18 years old girl,and she decided not to tell anybody,common sense will tell you that she agreed to have sex with the lecturer,in the course of the action,probably the lecturer ruff handled her and and in the process result to injuries in her private parts....believe any case of rape by a lecturer at your own peril..either hotel or his/her office

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
there's something missing in the whole story

I blame the animal of a man for it all
I agree but Nigerians' reaction is that rape is allowed. Haven't you heard cases where a lady is genuinely raped and thereafter she is questioned and criticised for what she wore and blamed for the whole thing? Whereas the man is hailed by his friends and rapists! sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by laplace12(m): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

What about the trauma of a girl who was raped and after reporting the table is turned against her.

Cases need to be investigated. don't just rush to kill because you heard rape.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:
pathetic,you talk of rape cases and focus mainly of females,so much for gender equality,whoever is been raped or has been raped should provide strong evidence or the rape never took place...imagine rapping a full grown girl and she was still able to interview the person that raped her,or an 18 years old girl,and she decided not to tell anybody,common sense will tell you that she agreed to have sex with the lecturer,in the course of the action,probably the lecturer ruff handled her and and in the process result to injuries in her private parts....believe any case of rape by a lecturer at your own peril..either hotel or his/her office
Sorry but it seems to u the girl did everything wrong and the guy did everything right with the wrong person. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
laplace12:

Cases need to be investigated. don't just rush to kill because you heard rape.
Rightfully it should. But responses seems like the guy was the victim.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

Sorry but it seems to u the girl did everything wrong and the guy did everything right with the wrong person. undecided

Don't get you
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by laplace12(m): 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

Rightfully it should. But responses seems like the guy was the victim.

Evidences show there was no rape. Reason people respond that way.

To establish a rape case there should be a proof there is no romantic relationship between the people involved. But here there is hanging out and consensual romantic touches at different times before the alleged rape.

And the girl has reached the age of sex consent.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

Don't get you
You talked abt gender equality and not telling anybody. Did it ever occur to u dat most of these girls will be scared to tell because @ d end of d day, dy ll be blamed or dat scar will be der. I knew a case where a girl was raped and refused to tell anyone because her mom and dad would beat her.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
laplace12:

Even if der were evidence, some sick ppl will still blame the girl for seducing d man.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

You talked abt gender equality and not telling anybody. Did it ever occur to u dat most of these girls will be scared to tell because @ d end of d day, dy ll be blamed or dat scar will be der. I knew a case where a girl was raped and refused to tell anyone because her mom and dad would beat her.

So you wanna tell me the girl was raped in his office and he couldn't shout or in a hotel room...what of men that are being abuse by their female boss but won't speak because of the blame he will receive..for not manning up enough and giving the woman what she want...

Abeg

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
Blonchilli:

Or the man just saw the girl and immediately raped her by force

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
NeduLuiZ:

Am strongly against any non-consensual sex but a situation where an 18year old could not raise alarm to attract outsiders seems to be absurd
have you been raped before? Do you know some victims are afraid to raise alarm when alone with the their attacker for fear of being harmed in the process? So in your "wisdom" if she didn't raise alarm, it means she agreed to it?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

So you wanna tell me the girl was raped in his office and he couldn't shout or in a hotel room...what of men that are being abuse by their female boss but won't speak because of the blame he will receive..for not manning up enough and giving the woman what she want...

Abeg
does that make it ok? Why should a man not speak up when raped if not for the victim blaming that you people do?
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
laplace12:

To establish a rape case there should be a proof there is no romantic relationship between the people involved. But here there is hanging out and consensual romantic touches at different times before the alleged rape.

And the girl has reached the age of sex consent.
so someone who knows one and is romantically involved with them earlier can't rape them? Do you know a husband can rape the wife much less a friend who has been close to one.
It is even harder for a stranger to rape someone because the chances of being along in a private place with a stranger is not high enough as it would be with someone who's close to you.

Many rape cases are perpetrated by people who have become close and become trusted by the victims.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:
this is a disgusting post. You need help.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:
does that make it ok? Why should a man not speak up when raped if not for the victim blaming that you people do?

Which one is you people...is it my fault that the girl had sex with the lecturer,when things now turn bad,she decided to paint it as rape...or when the other so called girl was raped,after the act,the best she could think of is beg timaya to allow her go with him as his wife,or when she had to start an interview session with timaya instead of her going to the hotel security to report the incident immediately...abeg,I can't shout

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
NeduLuiZ:

You mean she should have invited some people to come witness and take pictures while he was raping her so that she will have eye witness?

Omo I better log off before I go vex this morning.

What's kind of brain functioning is responsible for all these embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by Blonchilli(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

Abeg
A man like that is a coward. I'm not saying u should hit her but yes nobody will believe a man was harassed like dat and there's no body for it. But that does not justify what this lecturer did.
Re: Nigerians' Sad Response To Rape Cases Is Sick Supporting Timaya And Lecturer by cococandy(f): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
kevinberry:

Which one is you people...is it my fault that the girl had sex with the lecturer,when things now turn bad,she decided to paint it as rape...or when the other so called girl was raped,after the act,the best she could think of is beg timaya to allow her go with him as his wife,or when she had to start an interview session with timaya instead of her going to the hotel security to report the incident immediately...abeg,I can't shout
you're a rapist apologist. That much is clear.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Her Married Couple friend Were Intimate Shamelessly Right Infront Of Her / 'Career' Wife Or Full-time House Wife / Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.