Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,301 members, 7,822,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming (33106 Views)

Eight Ways To Improve Your Chance Of Becoming Wealthy In Life / Mimiko's Ultra-Modern Semi-Mechanized Abattoir In Akure (Photos) / Aba Mega Mall, Beautiful Ultra Modern Business Zone (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by captianfreeman(m): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
Miner13:
Youpele complete it I have a meeting to attend

If Nigeria is not at no1

Just I do not comment

Why that picx for ivory coast
What are they mixing
They are gold miners.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Orikinla(m): 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
Youpele52:
4. Nigeria — In Africa's largest state both by population and the size of the economy, the number of HNW individuals has more than quadrupled to 15,400, a 305% increase since 2000.
. I know I am one of them. But we should be more than that. Anyway, I will soon make Forbes list for new billionaires in US dollars. All from my assets are from the social media and publishing.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
manie:

Other African countries may not decamillionaires or billionaires like Nigeria, but the concentration of millionaires per population is higher than what we have in Nigeria.

Instead of having 1 billionaire, it is better and beneficial to the economy to have 1000 HNW with $1million or 100,000 HNW with $10million.
On point bro. You are on point and in that situation you can expect a stronger economy. Imagine 100,000 millionaires in a country then you begin to count the millions under $1m, employers of labour!!!!!.
Finish school and jobs will be begging for you.
Set up a small business and you see thousands of customers that are willing to pay good money for your goods and services.
Nigerians wouldn't have to run overseas for greener pastures cos the pasture here would've been so green.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by cocaineaddict(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
ademega:
I want to be in the number
.....OH WHeN Da Saints gooo maarching in....

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by CUM4WHAT(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
MY FADA WORTH OVER $5M SO AS OVER 100,000 SILENT MANY OTHER NIGERIANS.........

SO THIS

IS

FUC.K.N FAKE
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by laurel03(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
OXYGEN01:
when did Ghanaians turn to nigerians? Your stupidity is irredeemable.
u are ghana must go abi... I don't argue wt a slave
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
olaide92:

so you think an average civil servant from level 13 in major govt agencies don't have a million dollars ?? if you have a standard house in a major city in Nigeria, u worth more than 50millon Naira. I do you know how many people have more than two houses? check it out. Bonny camp alone not to talk of other high brown areas all over the country

Unfortunately most of the real-estates in Nigeria are overpriced, and you also have to consider the type of returns on such real-estate. The worst rental income that can be expected from a N50 million house is minimum of N2.5 million. A house that is not generating income or creating value may not be appropriate in estimating ones networth.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/hnwi.asp

INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS'High Net Worth Individual - HNWI'
The most commonly quoted figure for membership in the high net worth "club" is $1 million in liquid financial assets. An investor with less than $1 million but more than $100,000 is considered to be "affluent", or perhaps even "sub-HNWI". The upper end of HNWI is around $5 million, at which point the client is then referred to as "very HNWI". More than $50 million in wealth classifies a person as "ultra HNWI".

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/hnwi.asp#ixzz3iK9D0asg
Follow us: @Investopedia on Twitter
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Mekus68: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
OP u n ur ppl didnt do d calculation well. Nigeria should hv bn d first cus in Nigeria many ppl have become millionairs thro kidnapping, ritualists, corrupt government officials, boko haram leaders with stolen money frm banks n their sponsors etc

MY PEOPLE NO BE TRUE I TALK?

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
manie:

Assuming each of your so-called 50,000 HNWI have just $1million, that will traslate to a combined networth of $50billion or N10 Trillion which is about the size of the capitalization of all quoted companies on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

Imagine the milions of jobs created by companies listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and the Hundreds of Billions of Naira they pay as taxes.

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
Mekus68:
OP u n ur ppl didnt do d calculation well. Nigeria should hv bn d first cus in Nigeria many ppl have become millionairs thro kidnapping, ritualists, corrupt government officials, boko haram leaders with stolen money frm banks n their sponsors etc

MY PEOPLE NO BE TRUE I TALK?

We are taliking of Millions in dollars, and the millions must be creating value and having multiplier effect on the economy.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by UnimkeAk(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
Youpele52:
4. Nigeria — In Africa's largest state both by population and the size of the economy, the number of HNW individuals has more than quadrupled to 15,400, a 305% increase since 2000.

Only, out of a of population of a hundred and eighty million persons

Poor
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by 14(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
Youpele52:
12. South Africa — this country has by far the largest number of HNW individuals, and a 135% increase in the last 15 years has pushed the figure to 46,800.

Mzansi, always leading from the front, while others follow.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by ZianaJordana(f): 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
Not a good thing, imo.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Sagamite(m): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
Gwan2:
See wat capitalism is doing to africa...Countries having Individuals with wealth enuf to feed d whole country's population and also individuals dat can barely eat 1 meal à day...
The worst part is dat i wil be taxed dsame10% vat with d so called HNW individual.
Until we implore UK tax system, d gap btw d rich and d poor in African wil continue to b as long as river nile.

Taxing them more (like in the UK) while you have a shithole country (like most of Africa is) is one of the worst thing any government can do.

They are and can be very mobile with their loot money.

What will reduce the gap in wealth is good governance and policies. Use these two things to:

- Ensure they have no monopolistic access to or control of finite resources or even markets.

- Ensure they are not gaining unnecessary advantage to government contracts.

Just those 2 enough would be better than any taxation as most of these people are not competent in commerce nor are they hardworking, even though they might be arrogant that they are. When you make the landscape they compete in competitive, many would lose their loot and the cream would rise to the top.

You need to ensure they leave the money in the local system but create a fair environment where many of them would lose it to those that are worthy.

2 Likes

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Sagamite(m): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:
The only way to erase the rich- poor gap is via education and industrial development...and an end to resource dependency.

Except you are an academic that has done some academic research that is conclusive, never again say "the only way to .........".

That is nonsensical ignorance being put across with aplomb.

Remove that and your post would make a little bit of sense.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
Gwan2:
See wat capitalism is doing to africa...Countries having Individuals with wealth enuf to feed d whole country's population and also individuals dat can barely eat 1 meal à day...
The worst part is dat i wil be taxed dsame10% vat with d so called HNW individual.
Until we implore UK tax system, d gap btw d rich and d poor in African wil continue to b as long as river nile.

Money management and financial literacy ought to be incorporated into our curricullum.

Maybe the poor and the middle-class need to learn what the truly rich people know about money making, money management and money multiplication.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:
The only way to erase the rich- poor gap is via education and industrial development...and an end to resource dependency.

It can be reduced through functional education, financial literacy, enterpreurship, good governance, industrialisation, good economic policies by govt etc.

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by rallymento(m): 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
USA has more than 1million self made millionaires... Nigeria 15,300..., South Africa 48,000+, the whole of Africa isn't upto 25% of just one country.... And we want to be like them?

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by ghananotnaija(m): 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
As with most things, Ghana is ahead of Nigeria. grin

2 Likes

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
rallymento:
USA has more than 1million self made millionaires... Nigeria 15,300..., South Africa 48,000+, the whole of Africa isn't upto 25% of just one country.... And we want to be like them?

According to the book "The Millionaire Next Door", about 3.5 in every 100 household in US have a minimum combined networth of $1million as at year 2000 which was 15 years ago.

Assuming we have 100 million households in the US, we should be talking of about 3.5million HNWI.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by janco: 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
Millionaire in Dollars or Naira?..... lol
I would be glad to see more in some countries
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by igbo2011(m): 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
What about the massses? I don't care about the the elites i want the masses to benefit.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Kelewele(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
laurel03:
I can argue ds 9ja is the first we have millionaire home and abroad... 70% of ghana millionaires are 9ja peep... We spread all over the world
hey dude!shut your filthy trap already.What's with you peeps always trying to negate anything about Ghana.How dare you relate noble Ghanaians success to your zoo.To hell with you and your boko republic

2 Likes

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by gym(m): 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
Well, if via your assumption, world's richest persons are chosen, who is bill gate besides those drug barons of sicily and mexico? Who would have chosen Dangote as Nigeria richest? The legality and transparency of how they make the money is important! They consider those factors! If not, HNWIs from Nigeria should be more than 10million!!!

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by optimusprime2(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
Opinedecandid:
K

But I disbelieve the report's authenticity as regards naija.

Common, naija gat HNWIs pass that number, by far.

The number of individuals that have gotten there over a decade ago is by far more than that.

Maybe, however because some of them, if not most of them, acquired theirs individually, so they might have kept the development from government, the press and certain financial authorities so they won't be exposed and squeezed.

But Nigeria deserves position 1 of that list.

Currently, I believe that ranking and Nigeria's position as #4... There is no way Nigeria can make #1 on that list with Angola and Zambia present.

1 Like

Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by manie(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
gym:
Well, if via your assumption, world's richest persons are chosen, who is bill gate besides those drug barons of sicily and mexico? Who would have chosen Dangote as Nigeria richest? The legality and transparency of how they make the money is important! They consider those factors! If not, HNWIs from Nigeria should be more than 10million!!!

Please where did you get the figure of 10million HNWI from, I doubt if US and Japan has a combined population of 10 million HNWI talkless of a poor country like Nigeria.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by Kangol99(m): 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
Nigeria for fourth
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by PetroDolla3: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
Fuckeduppedness grin why do mumugerians have such inferiority complex?

You want to die because Ghana has one of the fastest growing number of millionaires in Africa? grin

Why don't you pour cement into a bucket full of milo/water, and drink? grin no one will miss you and the world will be a better place with one less MUMU.

And what evidence do you have to support your obnoxious claim?

While you fuelish magg0ts are busy celebrating mass poverty other African countries are growing their economies.

laurel03:
I can argue ds 9ja is the first we have millionaire home and abroad... 70% of ghana millionaires are 9ja peep... We spread all over the world
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by temmypotter(m): 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Millionaires in dollars,yh?
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by PetroDolla3: 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
The Zoological Republic of Shitnigeria grin

Kelewele:
hey dude!shut your filthy trap already.What's with you peeps always trying to negate anything about Ghana.How dare you relate noble Ghanaians success to your zoo.To hell with you and your boko republic
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by PetroDolla3: 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
optimusprime2:

Currently, I believe that ranking and Nigeria's position as #4... There is no way Nigeria can make #1 on that list with Angola and Zambia present.
hahaha you saw only Angola,Zambia abi? Look more closely grin your Master Ghana is also ahead of the giANT grin of africa.
Re: Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming by PetroDolla3: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2015
ghananotnaija:
As with most things, Ghana is ahead of Nigeria. grin
fuckeduppedness nigeria is first in everything bad, and last in everything good grin angry grin grin angry empty barrels make the most noise.

empty shitnigerian barrels grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Banned Bitcoin - What You Should Know / Okonjo-iweala “ready” To Be World Bank President / Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.