Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. (21503 Views)

Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by trapQ: 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
God bless you, bless your mother , bless your father , bless your sibkings etc for raising such a sensible human. You just poured out my mind. I couldn't have said it any better. The SE are trying to brainwash we the SS to join them but it won't happen, if anything united states of Niger delta will do.

What many SS don't know is that "if " the SE succeeds in brainwashing us along them, then our problems will triple because Igbo dominance and marginalization will be sky rocketed.
atbu1983:
I am south south. I don't completely agree agree with you for singling out the North alone. As far as I am concern IGBO, YORUBA and HAUSA are all benefitting from the current system. Afterall an IGBO man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12days war. Tell me what is Igbo contribution to Nigeria foreign exchange? Atleast the North contribute Agriculture no matter how small. They contribute more than the Igbo.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some south south states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today edo and delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. edo and delta were first Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming edo and delta state today. some tribes speak Yoruba in edo and delta state. why is Yoruba not claiming edo and delta state the way Igbo is claiming rivers and delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some south south people that they are one of us, it is big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and Yoruba is the problem of south south, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in Population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Sigapore. if Qatar and Sigapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like qatar and enjoy thier oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer?

As far as I am concern, as unbranwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout Marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbo was gaining and were in control and was happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting Marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide.

But how it will divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

In summary, my point is if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. South South will form its own nation/nations. The only way south south and south east will form a single country like Biafra is if Nigeria divide by War because population will be important in size of Army.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Eastlink(m): 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
Yujin:

There are few ways to go about it but I'm certain it doesn't involve getting into alliance with the Yorubas. Already they are a defeated people when you look at their availability to be subservient to the Hausa/fulanis unless they prove otherwise which I doubt they will. What we need do is to strengthen our alliances and cooperation among the SE/SS and deal with any area where doubt and suspicion may arise. Any ethnic supremacist should not be entertained. Then we must persuade our people to be selective in their choice of areas to invest. Dangote is doing this already because he knows 'whats up'. Then our politicians should be held accountable for every mandate given to them even if it means we use some as examples to let others know that we serious. With this we can push for a restructure. If this fails then we can prepare for war. Then strategically we must turn some peoples land to the war theatre so that they can understand how it feels. I have said much already. They have little control over all that I've said.
Honestly, I applaud all the points you've raised. But for me, I think its time we carry out this enlightenment to all nooks and cranny of the Niger Delta. Many of our people are oblivious of the threat we face as a people. Our region is plundered and exploited by the owners of Nigeria, while we are left to scupper for crumbs. We must take our destiny in our hands and campaign in our villages, our higher instituition and town halls.
Secondly, Just like the Scots, we should ensure that only Pro Lower Niger Congressmen represents us in the Legislature. Men like Adaka Boro and Ojukwu who have the interest of the people at heart. And who are not ready to bow down to threats, harrasments and monetary inducements. Any potential Zikist whose heart is more nationalist than regionalistic should be barred from representing us.This should herald the drastic steps for a referendum.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Omololu007(m): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
standupguy:

Do you even know that the name biafra was named by an ijaw man?
are u ok at all Where do u pple get all dis nonsense story from? Who was d ijaw man dat named d eastern region biafra?
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by omonnakoda: 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
Vicotex:

Which histroy? The one you and your divide and rule master wrote?

They told me Ikwerre and etche are from Auchi.
You guys will just wake up and start writing histroy to suite your devide and rule.
Why aren't they speaking bini or answering edoid names?
Why don't they have kings like bini does.

wake up man, we don't wan't you edo in Biafra.
So stop attaching yourself to biafra. Go and meet your peers west ward
You claim they are Eboes,they are your brothers and they seized Eboe property in the Abandoned property saga of the 70s. Interesting behaviour from one brother to another.
Were they forced to change names from Umu to Rumu BY ANYONE OR WAS THAT A CLEAR REJECTION OF EBOENESS imposed
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by omonnakoda: 1:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
Donarozzi:

atbu1983, your above statement is completely wrong and irrational. Igbo people constitute about 25% of the indigenous South-South population. All the South-South states contain indigenous Igbo population, but the bulk of the Igbo population is found in Delta State (Anioma) and Rivers state (upland Rivers including Bonny and Opobo). The important point here is "indigenous population", that is the Igbo population who are bonafide natives of the South-South states. Of course, there are very few Edo and Yoruba population in Anioma area of Igboland. We do not deny this fact. These very few Edo and Yoruba settlers (less than 1% of the Anioma Igbo population) came into Anioma Igbo area some centuries ago when there was an already established indigenous Anioma Igbo population. Moreover, the few Edo and Yoruba migrants have intermixed with the aboriginal Igbo natives of Anioma, and today they are all Igbo. Through boundary adjustment, all the Igbo areas of the South-South can be incorporated into the South-East. That is, an arrangement where the entire Igboland is grouped together in one region.
25% ? what is the source of this figure ?

1 Like

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
nigerianvenom:

Dearpreye,I've always read n followed ur comment all time,but I must confessed that this is ur first post that have moved me to tears.I read and read it yet couldn't stop reading it.permit me to share this piece with my fb followers and friends.God bless u bro n kip u

Conscience is an open wound that only the truth can heal. There's been a systematic design to enslave both us and our unborn generations, hence the foisting of a unitary system upon us. Bro, if you truly understand the consequences of this system and the hideousness of the descendants of ruthless Uthman Dan Fodio, like a brother said, you'll be wary of them.

Our years become productive when they move us into taking positive actions that will alleviate the pains and gloom so prevalent in our lives. Our tears, well channeled, can serve as the seeds for our prosperous tomorrow.

We will do our best. We will continue to educate our people with the LITTLE we know. We won't stop telling the truth till our tines expire on planet Earth.

In 1815, we had about 600 million people on the Earth. As at today, NONE of them is alive. That tells us that no mortal man will live forever. Since we're conscious of that solemn truth, we can live forever by sacrificsacrificing our comforts, if possible our very lives, for the welfare of our unborn generations.

4 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by superstar1(m): 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
dearpreye:

Falsehood is an open wound that only the truth can heal. There's been a systematic design to enslave both us and our unborn generations, hence the foisting of a unitary system upon us. Bro, if you truly understand the consequences of this system and the hideousness of the descendants of ruthless Uthman Dan Fodio, like a brother said, you'll be wary of them.

Our years become productive when they move us into taking positive actions that will alleviate the pains and gloom so prevalent in our lives. Our tears, well channeled, can serve as the seeds for our prosperous tomorrow.

We will do our best. We will continue to educate our people with the LITTLE we know. We won't stop telling the truth till our tines expire on planet Earth.

In 1815, we had about 600 million people on the Earth. As at today, NONE of them is alive. That tells us that no mortal man will live forever. Since we're conscious of that solemn truth, we can live forever by scarifying our comforts, if possible our very lives, for the welfare of our unborn generations.

who forced the unitary system on all of us, if not an Igbo man, Aguiyi ironsi, in their usual conquest to dominate and lord it over others.

The same dude crushed the dream of Niger Delta to have their republic, led by Isaac Boro.

2 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
Eastlink:
Honestly, I applaud all the points you've raised. But for me, I think its time we carry out this enlightenment to all nooks and cranny of the Niger Delta. Many of our people are oblivious of the threat we face as a people. Our region is plundered and exploited by the owners of Nigeria, while we are left to scupper for crumbs. We must take our destiny in our hands and campaign in our villages, our higher instituition and town halls.
Secondly, Just like the Scots, we should ensure that only Pro Lower Niger Congressmen represents us in the Legislature. Men like Adaka Boro and Ojukwu who have the interest of the people at heart. And who are not ready to bow down to threats, harrasments and monetary inducements. Any potential Zikist whose heart is more nationalist than regionalistic should be barred from representing us.This should herald the drastic steps for a referendum.

I fully support your position as long as we have our own mission and vision. It should be a movement driven by south south and also the name Biafra must not be mentioned near it. SE can support us if they love us, but it must not be for them to come and cajole us to form biafra with them. South south people dream is not biafra. Our dream is Niger delta freedom. We need to form a new organisation and publicise it among all south south people. We the south south people should be the driver of the course.

They are free to struggle for Biafra. We are free to struggle for our "Niger Delta Republic", "United Lower Niger Delta States", etc. any name we choose we can use.

They should be the one to come and meet us to join us. we will give them terms and condition.

I hate it with passion when i hear things like, there will be referedom among south south people on whether they want to join Biafra or not! I hate that statement with passion!!

It should rather be a referedom, where the South East are asked whether they want to join our Niger delta nation according to our terms!!

we need to be very clear on this. Or else we will move from one slavery to another. The earlier we clarify everything the better so that the mistake of the past wont re-occur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Eastlink(m): 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
Observant:

On regionalism or balkanization we stand.
1999 Constitution which was derived from military degrees has to be scrapped.
Definitely, we cannot run a fiscal confederalism with a military constitution. It must give way to a people's constitution that reflects the will of the people. Yet, will the north succumb to it. I don't think so!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Eastlink(m): 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
atbu1983:

I fully support your position as long as we have our own mission and vision. It should be a movement driven by south south and also the name Biafra must not be mentioned near it. SE can support us if they love us, but it must not be for them to come and cajole us to form biafra with them. South south people dream is not biafra. Our dream is Niger delta freedom. We need to form a new organisation and publicise it among all south south people. We the south south people should be the driver of the course.

They are free to struggle for Biafra. We are free to struggle for our "Niger Delta Republic", "United Lower Niger Delta States", etc. any name we choose we can use.

They should be the one to come and meet us to join us. we will give them terms and condition.

I hate it with passion when i hear things like, there will be referedom among south south people on whether they want to join Biafra or not! I hate that statement with passion!!

It should rather be a referedom, where the South East are asked whether they want to join our Niger delta nation according to our terms!!
Many of our folks down here feels the same way too. However, with recent events that have unfolded before our very own eyes, coupled with the proceedings of the last election the SEasterner have gained our respect and trust. We and the SE need each other more than never before. The SEasterners also suffer the same brunt of an average Niger Deltan. However, I strongly believe that our interest will be fiercely protected in our alignment with them. We can come together in a round table and sort out our differences.
Lastly, the South-South is a conglomerate of many ethnic groups and within that ethnic groupings they exist Igboid tribes that share the same aspiration with the Mainstream Igbos. These people( of which I'm part of) may not share the same ideal Niger Delta Republic with you. Have you wondered if the Biafra idea is appealing to them? Or do you force them into your new republic without due consultation and in due cause have another breakaway republic secceeding from the Niger Delta Republic.
I myself, want a prosperous confederate Nigeria, where every region is allowed to control its resources and move at its own pace. I want a country of equality and justice. Yet, I fear that the Nigerian system is hell bent in maintaining the status quo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
Eastlink:
Many of our folks down here feels the same way too. However, with recent events that have unfolded before our very own eyes, coupled with the proceedings of the last election the SEasterner have gained our respect and trust. We and the SE need each other more than never before. The SEasterners also suffer the same brunt of an average Niger Deltan. However, I strongly believe that our interest will be fiercely protected in our alignment with them. We can come together in a round table and sort out our differences.
Lastly, the South-South is a conglomerate of many ethnic groups and within that ethnic groupings they exist Igboid tribes that share the same aspiration with the Mainstream Igbos. These people( of which I'm part of) may not share the same ideal Niger Delta Republic with you. Have you wondered if the Biafra idea is appealing to them? Or do you force them into your new republic without due consultation and in due cause have another breakaway republic secceeding from the Niger Delta Republic.
I myself, want a prosperous confederate Nigeria, where every region is allowed to control its resources and move at its own pace. I want a country of equality and justice. Yet, I fear that the Nigerian is hell bent in maintaining the status quo.

What more can I say?
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by trapQ: 3:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
You should shut up...

Igbos live there doesn't mean its their state. You don't own PH mind you. That igos live in lagos doesn't mean its igboland. Receive sense!
Vicotex:
[s][/s]
Why don't you shut up instead of mumbling like an incoherent almajiri.

What is south south?
Last time i checked, igbos still live in the so called SS and are not landlocked (Igwocha/PH) .
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by trapQ: 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
Do you know there's China town in the U.S ? you don't see the Chinese going there to claim that it is theirs..

My point is, you lack common sense
Vicotex:

The mad fellow is probably from Edo.
Even in that same edo, there is still an Igbo community there (Igbanke)
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
Eastlink:
I myself, want a prosperous confederate Nigeria, where every region is allowed to control its resources and move at its own pace. I want a country of equality and justice. Yet, I fear that the Nigerian system is hell bent in maintaining the status quo.

I can tell you with all certainty most south south people want the ideal Niger Delta. I work and live in portharcourt. I have discussed this issue with many niger deltans including some delta ibo from Ndokwa (kwale). i have discussed this issue with urhobo, isoko, ikwerre and some Ijaw,They share my view. Leave the election out of it. not all niger deltans share same view with you when it comes to the election. In 2011, the Yoruba and North central voted Jonathan in large proportion, that doesnt make them Niger delta. because Ibos voted jonathan in 2015 does not make them south south. South east voted Jonathan because they believe Jonathan will treat them better and because they have beef for north. They did not support Jonathan because they want to favour south south. I agree with Asari dokubo when he said "Jonathan is not the symbol of Niger Delta struggle, he is just a beneficiary"

I understand the fact that you are delta ibo, you are more likely to be sympathetic to biafra.

Biafra is not a Niger Delta struggle. Biafra is an igbo struggle. If you want a struggle were you will get a full support of Niger Deltans, it has to be a niger delta movement. Anything outside that, you wont succeed in getting full support. we the niger deltans are the one who the Unitary system is most affected. We have to be the centre and the main cause of the struggle. it has to be our struggle. This is very important and must be spelt out from the very begining or else we will regret it later.

1 Like

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by trapQ: 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
We've had a "functional" seaport in port Harcourt for ages, so what are you saying?
zuchyblink:
ur lagos is a home for all,made by Nigerians.one seaport down south will turn ur lagos to village
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by trapQ: 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
No way!! The igbos are too greedy and should go alone.when you'll understand this is when we eventually break out with them and they start to claim dominance and marginalize us, loot our oil wealth etc etc. That's when you'll understand better
dearpreye:

The Way Forward is simple. The SS / SE must seek to strengthen their relationship and unity. The current system is a hindrance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by trapQ: 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
We don't need to be comprised of one tribe to form a country.

Quick question for you. The SS that you plan on dragging along, are we all from the same tribe as you igbos? Huh?? Are we igbos?? Is an efik, or Ibibio man Igbo?
standupguy:

Guy I have a few question, is South south a tribe?
Is ijaw the only tribe in South south. The last I checked they have Igbos, itsekiri, izon, ibibio, Efik, annang and urohobo. Biafra constituted of seven ethnic groups.
So when you say south south, as a country like it's comprized of one tribe I begin to wonder.

1 Like

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
spanishkid:
I done talking to people of your kind. Ignorance is really your problem.
Shutup u oil thieving parasite Edo has no oil it's cursed. And was mistakenly carved into the SS. All Edo contributes to Nigerian economy is witchcraft and Italian rejectees. grin grin grin.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
trapQ:
We don't need to be comprised of one tribe to form a country.

Quick question for you. The SS that you plan on dragging along, are we all from the same tribe as you igbos? Huh?? Are we igbos?? Is an efik, or Ibibio man Igbo?
TrapQ is ss d name of a tribe?
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by trapQ: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
Fool, we don't need them. They need us.
Ask yourself why they are trying to drag us along? If they don't need us then they should go alone.

This isn't rocket science
ahaz:
oh my gosh no one will be this stupid. For your info am an ikwere man ND can tel u that ikwere migrated from nkwere in imo state so keep your Toronto history to yourself. As for biafra, the igbos don't need we nija deltans to survive rather we need them. So you can go to hell with your cousins West ward and leave the igbos they re never ur problems
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Observant: 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
superstar1:

who forced the unitary system on all of us, if not an Igbo man, Aguiyi ironsi, in their usual conquest to dominate and lord it over others.

The same dude crushed the dream of Niger Delta to have their republic, led by Isaac Boro.

Of course you are quick to remember that an igbo military man introduced the unitary system which was absolutely normal for countries under military governance but forget to mention that another igbo man in 1966 took Nigerian government to Ghana to secure a peace accord to return to regional autonomy and went ahead to sacrifice 3M of his kinsmen to defend it.

If you are not just being a miscreant you will acknowledge that a constitution dream from military decrees will never replace the democratic will of the people to govern themselves.

1 Like

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
TrapQ, u are from SS but u don't know the tribes dat comprise d SS, the igbos are a major tribe in d SS, I am not saying this because of Biafra, but to cure ur ignorance.
If regions are created according to tribe, d Igbo region wud be d Richest.
D SE might be a marginal producer of oil right now, but igbo land is not.
Nigeria can never break ethnicities in d Niger delta e.g d Ikwerre, Itsekiri, dz 2groups wudnt want to be subjugated to d Igbos in Biafra or Ijaws in Niger delta republic.
Most people who wud want to start playing d ikwerres are not igbo card, Ikwerres understand igbo language, doh it wud take him little difficulty to speak it, but dats what attains in everywhere in igbo land, even in imo state, if an mbaise man speaks pure mbaise, an owerri man wud find little difficulty to understand but we all see ourselves as igbo.
One Nigeria.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Donarozzi: 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
25% ? what is the source of this figure ?

I said "about 25%". That's an academic approximation. So, it could actually be anywhere between 20% and 30%. Just do the research.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Eastlink(m): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
atbu1983:

I can tell you with all certainty most south south people want the ideal Niger Delta. I work and live in portharcourt. I have discussed this issue with many niger deltans including some delta ibo from Ndokwa (kwale). i have discussed this issue with urhobo, isoko, ikwerre and some Ijaw,They share my view. Leave the election out of it. not all niger deltans share same view with you when it comes to the election. In 2011, the Yoruba and North central voted Jonathan in large proportion, that doesnt make them Niger delta. because Ibos voted jonathan in 2015 does not make them south south. South east voted Jonathan because they believe Jonathan will treat them better and because they have beef for north. They did not support Jonathan because they want to favour south south. I agree with Asari dokubo when he said "Jonathan is not the symbol of Niger Delta struggle, he is just a beneficiary"

I understand the fact that you are delta ibo, you are more likely to be sympathetic to biafra.

Biafra is not a Niger Delta struggle. Biafra is an igbo struggle. If you want a struggle were you will get a full support of Niger Deltans, it has to be a niger delta movement. Anything outside that, you wont succeed in getting full support. we the niger deltans are the one who the Unitary system is most affected. We have to be the centre and the main cause of the struggle. it has to be our struggle. This is very important and must be spelt out from the very begining or else we will regret it later.

Point of correction, I'm not from Delta. I'm a Rivers man. I wouldn't want to delve into the ethnic make up of the South-South. But, you may be shock if I tell you that they are as much Pro Biafrans in my community than the whole South East.
You may want to shy away from it, but the fact remains that many Rivers indigene are Pro Biafrian just as the SEasterners. Forget the regional demarcation that we've found ourselves in. Yes, we may have our fears as it concerns the attitude of the mainstream Igbos. Yet, that doesn't mean we don't share a lot in common.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by omonnakoda: 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Donarozzi:

I said "about 25%". That's an academic approximation. So, it could actually be anywhere between 20% and 30%. Just do the research.
what is the source of your claim? Is there a source?
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Donarozzi: 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
what is the source of your claim? Is there a source?

Good question. I did the research by adding the total population of the South-South states, and then added the Igbo population in all the Igbo Local Government Areas of the South-South. From these figures, I derived the approximate percentage of the indigenous Igbo population in the South-South zone. I have not come across any published figure showing the exact percentage. That's why I did not quote any source. I did an academic calculation myself and came up with the approximate percentage.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by omonnakoda: 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
Donarozzi:

Good question. I did the research by adding the total population of the South-South states, and then added the Igbo population in all the Igbo Local Government Areas of the South-South. From these figures, I derived the approximate percentage of the indigenous Igbo population in the South-South zone. I have not come across any published figure showing the exact percentage. That's why I did not quote any source. I did an academic calculation myself and came up with the approximate percentage.
How do you determine what is an Igbo Local government Area of the South South what is the source of that? As part of your calculation THE ENTIRE POPULATION of these "IGBO" Local Government Areas are 100% IGBO?

Your "research" is bogus my dear friend ,The bottomlime is your claim is bogus and meaningless,heavy on fantasy and wishful thinking but embarrassingly light on reason or rationality

1 Like

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
dearpreye:
The more you understand this wickedness and evil that is being perpetrated by this nation, the angrier and impatient you become with it. Its common knowledge that running a unitary system of government in a multicultural society is a recipe for disaster, bloodletting, violence and underdevelopment. What we need is revenue contribution and not revenue sharing. You can’t have a federally controlled institution determining the sharing on revenue between the Federal Government and the state governments. What we must have eventually is revenue contribution arrangement. What I mean is this: revenue that accrues in Nigeria is accruing in a particular territory. In a true federation, it is the government in control of that territory that should be the collecting agents of such revenues. There would be an agreement by law and constitution what proportion of each one would be sent to the federal coffers. Not the other way round.

The Wickedness/Oppression Practised By The North

This isn't about hate. This isn't about intolerance. This is calling a spade its right and appropriate name- a spade. The HAUSA-FULANI wants the 36 states because the constitution supports the repatriation of wealth of all the states (juicy states especially like Akwaibom, Rivers and lagos etc) to the revenue and fiscal account where it will shared according to population, and we all know who has the largest population.

This section is very fraudulent . Its constitutionalized slavery. The current 1999 Constitution has simply legalized the slavery of the other regions, especially the South South.

C - Public Revenue
162. (1) The Federation shall maintain a special account to be called "the Federation Account" into which shall be paid all revenues collected by the Government of the Federation, except the proceeds from the personal income tax of the personnel of the armed forces of the Federation, the Nigeria Police Force, the Ministry or department of government charged with responsibility for Foreign Affairs and the residents of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

(2) The President, upon the receipt of advice from the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission, shall table before the National Assembly proposals for revenue allocation from the Federation Account, and in determining the formula, the National Assembly shall take into account, the allocation principles especially those of population, equality of States, internal revenue generation, land mass, terrain as well as population density;

The current Nigeria system is "monkey dey work , baboon dey chop" and that is why the parasitic Hausa/Fulani people likes it so much. In addition the system favours corruption plus nepotism . It is impossible to rid Nigeria society free of corruption and nepotism without dismantling the fraudulent unitary state. We need to educate more people to understand this fact and even teach it among wide audience especially the Yoruba youth. This is because the evil that is been perpetuated in Nigeria has been sustained for decades mainly as a result of ignorance of the masses. The Hausa/Fulani eternally would want to finance their budget deficit from the southern budget surplus, just as Britain designed it in 1914!

In reality, if the North practiced modern agriculture with the tenacity they fight for religion, they would not need southern subvention; they would instead make billions from selling grains and beef to the South, and other parts of Africa. But they will never do that. Never! Obviously, corruption is not the problem with Nigeria; the system that engenders predatory opportunism is.

My people perish for lack of knowledge. The military govts under the Hausa Fulani's knew what they wanted and they went ahead and created too many states and local govt areas which are not viable, as most depend on the Oil money from the Niger Delta to pay even salaries.The old Sokoto state of 1979 is today balkanized into Kebbi, Zamfara and Sokoto States.Check out the Local govt in these 3 states and how much the 3 states collects monthly from the Federation account.This is the worst form of corruption. ......Not until we go back to regional govt and scrape the 36 states structure Nigeria progress will be hampered.What we have now is monumental FRAUD that benefits certain region. Nigeria we hail thee!!!

[b]The Way Forward

Ordinarily, it shouldn't take rocket science to know the current system cannot work, and that a sincere sovereign national conference be invoked to address this corrupt lopsidedness, but blacks being black, will rather continue killing and maiming themselves instead of seeking genuine efforts at solving their problems. That's the way of life of blacks.

If you don't eat oil because of yam, you must yam because of oil. O ye South South, its just imperative that you must unite with your brothers from the SE and seek to form a strong brotherhood determined to change this primitive lopsided system for the good of us all. Its no longer the time to be shouting THE IGBOS WANT TO TAKE OUR OYEL. They don't need your oyel; they just need your numbers. They are a resilient, courageous, determined and enterprising people. In fact, you need them more than they do need you.

The future of your unborn generation is already stifled; the Northern oligarchy have secured theirs. Your resources have been frittered away to build Abuja; your future is bleak with the current system. Don't expect the parasites to let go of the host on their own accord; the host must endeavor to extricate itself of the murderous parasites. Through violence the British thugs conquered and created this system. Through violence the Fulani conquered the Hausa. And through violence and the threat from same the Hausa-Fulani have continued to sustaun this crazy unitary system. Probably, either through referendum OR some other confrontation shall we be free from the forces of evil and the upholders of falsehood. Freedom is never free.

He that has an ear, let him hear. Happy Sunday.
[/b]

Cc: ideykwum, Candyrain, NDPVF, biafranqueen, barcanista, Eastlink, Peppyluv02, huangcheng, IzonOwei, Dorrobucc, CyberWolf.
I never knew there is somebody that reasons with his brain on NL. I thought NL is full of people that reasons with their anus. Weldon dearpreye.

1 Like

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
atbu1983:
I am south south. I don't completely agree agree with you for singling out the North alone. As far as I am concern IGBO, YORUBA and HAUSA are all benefitting from the current system. Afterall an IGBO man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12days war. Tell me what is Igbo contribution to Nigeria foreign exchange? Atleast the North contribute Agriculture no matter how small. They contribute more than the Igbo.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some south south states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today edo and delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. edo and delta were first Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming edo and delta state today. some tribes speak Yoruba in edo and delta state. why is Yoruba not claiming edo and delta state the way Igbo is claiming rivers and delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some south south people that they are one of us, it is big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and Yoruba is the problem of south south, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in Population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Sigapore. if Qatar and Sigapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like qatar and enjoy thier oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer?

As far as I am concern, as unbranwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout Marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbo was gaining and were in control and was happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting Marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide.

But how it will divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

In summary, my point is if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. South South will form its own nation/nations. The only way south south and south east will form a single country like Biafra is if Nigeria divide by War because population will be important in size of Army.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth
Look at this yo-robber maggot claiming SS wonders shall never end. Tell us what your tribe contributes stup1d fool.

3 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
Come this yoruba man why are you and your people always concerned about what is happening on the other side of the Niger? What sort of shameless obsession is this? Have your people ever been included in the map of Biafra or the former Eastern region? Nawa o, unu nwekwalu efe. tufiakwa!

Omololu007:
are u ok at all Where do u pple get all dis nonsense story from? Who was d ijaw man dat named d eastern region biafra?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
nwanlecha:
Come this yoruba man why are you and your people always concerned about what is happening on the other side of the Niger? What sort of shameless obsession is this? Have your people ever been included in the map of Biafra or the former Eastern region? Nawa o, unu nwekwalu efe. tufiakwa!

They are here to spy out our plans to unify ourselves.

Our unity is a formidable threat to their free lunch tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
The SE didn't need to gain your trust. Y'all were just so blind to see what your brothers saw a long time ago and opted for us to leave the evil contraption called nigeria together. If there is anybody that needs to prove that they can be trusted by the SE, it is your people and not the other way round. If the yorubas and the hausas (including the edos in the so called "SS"wink didn't reject Jonathan the way they did, your people would have still kept seeing them as your saviour. Not so? PS, those of you that i am referring to are the current "SS" ethnic groups, who were part of the former Eastern region together with the Igbos.

Eastlink:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari To Borris Johnson: Kanu Felt Very Safe Condemning Nigeria From Britain / FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand / Fulani: You Are Arrogant, Irresponsible – Afenifere, Ohanaeze To Northern Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.