Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. (21511 Views)

Tinubu Misled Yorubas Into Political Slavery – Sen Okurounmu / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
gesundheit:

Iidiot shove all your stupid epistle in your black yansh where sun don't shine. Why can't your village God GeJ build it in all his wasted years. Are you not the same foool telling izonowei not to curse out gej failure in public because he is your brother. Your hypocrisy in water will drown the Atlantic ocean. Get lost foool.

cc madamoringo

Bro, take it easy. Truth is really hurting you.

If thieves like IBB, former coup plotter PMB, Abdlusalam and other certified Northern thieves are regarded as untouchables and transparent, why should I do the opposite to my own person? I used to fall for that scam. Not anymore.

3 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Beremx(f): 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
gesundheit:

Iidiot shove all your stupid epistle in your black yansh where sun don't shine. Why can't your village God GeJ build it in all his wasted years. Are you not the same foool telling izonowei not to curse out gej failure in public because he is your brother. Your hypocrisy in water will drown the Atlantic ocean. Get lost foool.

cc madamoringo
dude is a bloody hypocrite no doubt!

4 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
atbu1983:
Exactly this is d reason I hated Jonathan. he was more concern about winning a second term in office than using the opportunity as president to developed south south. If I were Jonathan, I would have upgrade portharcourt Port, Calabar port and revive sapele port without giving a Bleep what other tribes think. we got an opportunity to correct the wrong, but we gave d opportunity to a wrong son? enriching individuals in south south has nothing to do with development of south south. all jonathan did was to enrich few individuals thinking he is helping us.

Only God knows what the hell he was thinking. SMH!
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by gesundheit: 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, take it easy. Truth is really hurting you.

If thieves like IBB, former coup plotter PMB, Abdlusalam and other certified Northern thieves are regarded as untouchables and transparent, why should I do the opposite to my own person? I used to fall for that scam. Not anymore.

It's obvious you have sold your brains to slavery in the Bahamas. Your gej was the ex-president, he has the right to probe and imprison all these people. But at last he was busy stealing the common patrimony, I just pity the well thinking Niger Deltans the way there only chance was wasted.

5 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Beremx(f): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ahaaa! Abagoro/Abagworo,I see you viewing. I just read from a poster on this thread that Ikwerres migrated from Benin. Is is true?

3 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Udmaster(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
Flyoruboy:

You can repeat that to yourself a billion times if it makes you cum all over yourself for all we care grin grin cheesy. It doesn't stop Ebuka from disembarking at ABC transport at Bodija Ibadan with all his belongings, in search of the prosperity only our land can offer. It won't make your kinsmen selling okrika and hawking recharge cards at Ogbomosho to consider relocating back to your drug-infested and erosion cursed region. Guy, even Obiano is on record for saying all the chicken meat consumed in the entire SE are sourced from Oyo state cheesy. Guy, your people will starve to death without us.
BORING, try again..
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by abagoro(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
dearpreye:

One major reason they'll endeavour to frustrate all attempts at building a viable port down south. If you see the wickedness of this system in its truest, you'll be amazed. The deceit is just too much.

You are a confirmed iidiot. I can remember vividly when you and others attacked me for suggesting Jonathan focus on East-West road and as well build a Seaport in Bayelsa as quickly as possible. Everything in South South was built by Northerners including the refineries. Jonathan neither revived the old one nor built another in his near 6 years but Buhari will revive all and build more. Mark it somewhere.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Flyoruboy(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
Udmaster:
BORING, try again..

Chai! E pain am. grin grin grin. Guy, if you get paypal or paga, I fit wire you money to catch the next bus to Lagos (mini-London cheesy , Land of Milk and Honey) from your Onitsha base. You are welcome to try your luck here. cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
dearpreye:

Only God knows what the hell he was thinking. SMH!

Also we the south south also failed when Jonathan was president. When Jonathan was president, was the best time for us to agitate with the loudest voice and noise. but we were myopic. we relaxed and was happy on the short term. forgetting that it is when you have someone sympathetic to your course you made the highest hit. But most of our leaders were myopic and happy with their pocket filled with cash that they 4got the future.

5 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
gesundheit:

It's obvious you have sold your brains to slavery in the Bahamas. Your gej was the ex-president, he has the right to probe and imprison all these people. But at last he was busy stealing the common patrimony, I just pity the well thinking Niger Deltans the way there only chance was wasted.

Why is GEJ the only opportunity the SS will have at the presidency?
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by docadams: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
It is difficult to be a slave in your own house, environment, or region. If such happens, there must be internal collaborators. Such elements must first be dealt with before emancipating yourself from your assumed slavery.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
atbu1983:

Also we the south south also failed when Jonathan was president. When Jonathan was president, was the best time for us to agitate with the loudest voice and noise. but we were myopic. we relaxed and was happy on the short term. forgetting that it is when you have someone sympathetic to your course you made the highest hit. But most of our leaders were myopic and happy with their pocket filled with cash that they 4got the future.

I can't tell of others. I never removed my eyes from the big picture. Not even for once. GEJ presidency na crumbs to me. There was no way I would have being myopic over such a crucial issue.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Udmaster(m): 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Chai! E pain am. grin grin grin. Guy, if you get paypal or paga, I fit wire you money to catch the next bus to Lagos (mini-London cheesy , Land of Milk and Honey) from your Onitsha base. You are welcome to try your luck here. cheesy
another Boring Trash.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
Beremx:
Ahaaa! Abagoro/Abagworo,I see you viewing. I just read from a poster on this thread that Ikwerres migrated from Benin. Is is true?

HISTORY OF IKWERRE PEOPLE

Amadi-Nna (1993) added that: “The Ikwerres are a small
but distinct tribe. The Ikwerres have distinct linguistic,
social and cultural traits and formations that distinguish
them from other close neighbouring tribes like the Ijaws
and the Ibos. Majority of the Ikwerre settlements have their
roots traceable from the old Benin Empire.” Iwhnurọhna
people descended from the ancient Bini Kingdom. The
name of the grand ancestor is Akalaka. Their relations in
Rivers State are Ekpeye and Ogba people. The reigning Oba
of Benin when Akalaka, the ancestor of Ihruọha (later called
Iwhnurọhna) fled was Oba Ewuare (Ogwaro). Akalaka, a
member of the Benin royal family, fled in the 13 th century
on allegation of plotting assassination of the Oba. He died
in 1462. Iwhnurọhna his third son settled east of the
Sombrero River by 1538 AD, as detailed below.
Chief N.M.T. Solomon (2004), native of Ikodu Ubie in
Ekpeyeland, in his narrative draws heavily from the now
authenticated written historical records delivered by
various informed sources including “Eketu (Weber) of
Ubeta, assumed to have lived for over two hundred (200)
years as the oldest man in all Ekpeye, Ogba and
Iwhnurọ hna (or Ikwerre), at that time (and) was asked to
narrate the history and customs of Ekpeye people” as
unfolded in his lifetime. Here is what he said, which has
been validated by the accounts of the current generation
through responses to our questionnaires and direct
interviews thereby increasing our level of confidence on the
data:
Ekpeye, born in Benin, was the first of the three sons of
Akalaka. While in Ndoni, he married a second wife to gain
the love and favour of the people. The new wife gave
birth to a son, which he named Ogba. Akalaka was still in
Ndoni when his first wife, the mother of Ekpeye, gave
birth to his third son called Ihruoha (Ikwerre).
Similar historical fact by J.N. Olise (1971) averred that:
“Akalaka, a member of the Benin royal family, fled with his
wife from Benin to Ndoni, a community located close to the
River Niger, to save the life of his new born baby (Ekpeye)
… While at Ndoni, Akalaka took a second wife. … Akalaka
had two sons, Ekpeye – born to him by his Benin wife, and
Ogba – born to him by his Ndoni wife. According to F.E.
Otuwarikpo (1994): " After the death of Akalaka in 1462 AD,
his two sons, Ekpeye and Ogba had conflict, which
compelled Ogba, the younger son, to move northwards
where he founded Ohiakwo (Obigwe) and settled with his
family. Ekpeye who remained at Ula-Ubie had seven sons
– Ubie, Akoh, Upata, Igbuduya, Ekpe, Awala and Asa. The
last three sons – Ekpe, Awala and Asa – crossed to the
other side of Sombreiro River (present day Ikwerreland and
settled there since 1538 AD.” He added that: “Ekpe
migrated to present day Rumuekpe and spread through
Elele (Alimini), Ndele, Rumuji and part of Ibaa. Awala
migrated to present day Isiokpo …”
Amadi-Nna (1993) also said Akalaka migrated with his half
brother called Ochichi from the area of Benin Empire.
Ochichi sons were Ele (Omerele, now Elele), Elu (Elumuoha,
now Omerelu), Egbe (Egbeda) and Mini (Alimini, Isiokpo).
The crucial point here, which is of great importance in
tracing the joint origin of the ancestors of the Old Ahoada
Division (in the Governor Diete-Spiff administration), is the
mention of the number of children that Akalaka had, namely:
Ekpeye, Ogba and Ihru ọ ha (Ikwerre). It is noteworthy that
the pedigree and name of Ikwerre people, Iwhnurọhna,
obviously took its root from this original name – Ihruọha.
Chief Solomon therefore establishes a very vital historical
link, which has been missing in literature on Ikwerre origin
that would assume more significance in the discourses of
Ikwerre genealogy in the future – the fact that Akalaka was
the direct father of Ihru ọha (Ikwerre). Iwhnurọhna, in Ikwere
parlance, means the face of the community (town, city or
village).
Nigerian colonial history records that the name "Ikwerre"
was given by the colonial administration when they wanted
to acquire the Rebisi waterfront to build the wharf. Using an
Ibo interpreter to talk to the illiterate Rebisi (Port Harcourt)
chiefs, they asked them: Would you permit us to use the
waterfront to build the wharf for ships to berth? And they
answered: A KWERULEM , meaning - "We have agreed."
What the white-man was hearing was "Ikwerre," so he
recorded it in the official gazette that the IKWERRE PEOPLE
have agreed for the colonial administration to build the
wharf. And since it was the official record of government,
the name Ikwerre became the name of the Iwhnurohna
people in all official documentations till date.
Similar cases of Anglicization of native names in the Niger
Delta region by the colonial administration are Benin for
Bini, Okrika for Wakrike, Degema for Udekema, Abonnema
for Obonoma, Brass for Gbara sni, Bonny for Ibani, Pepple
for Perekule, Ahoada for Ehuda, etc
Even so, “… there were dissenting voices, … who believed
that Ikwerre origins lay outside Igbo land, … in the Benin
Kingdom of old. It is, therefore, obvious that the
interminable debate about Ikwerre origins and migrations
including the repudiation of the Igbo tradition is not a
phenomenon of the post-civil war period. The controversy,
as it were, is not necessarily the product of the present
political realities wherein groups which hitherto were seen
to have cultural affinities now find themselves in different
states or administrative systems.” -- K.O. Amadi (1993)
The Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention, a cultural organization of
Ikwerre people, in a paper presented to the Human Rights
Violation Commission headed by Rtd. Justice Chukwudifu
Oputa on 10 October 2001, said: “Ikwerre ethnic
nationality is not and has never been a sub-group of any
other tribe in Nigeria including Ndi-Igbo. There is no
doubt that the advent of the British and later
regionalization put Ndi-Igbo at the helm of affairs in
Eastern Nigeria. This brought Ndi-Igbo into Ikwerre land.
In course of time, the Igbo took advantage of their
position in the then Eastern Regional Government to grab
land in Ikwerre and occupy political positions such as the
mayor of Port Harcourt. In the process, Ikwerre along with
other minority groups were marginalized and driven to the
background.”
Professor Godwin Tasie noted that in 1913 the Rt Rev
Herbert Tugwell, the Anglican Bishop on the Niger,
undertook an experimentation tour of Ikwerre towns and
villages assumed to be Ibo-speaking to test the Union Ibo
Bible Nso being introduced in Iboland. "Tugwell discovered
from the tests he carried out that although the Ikwerre
were often regarded as Ibo… the Union Ibo Bible
translation, surprisingly, was not easily understood by the
Ikwere." This is obviously why Igbo vernacular was
compulsorily introduced and taught in all schools in
Ikwerreland before the Nigerian Civil War to the
assimilation (i.e. destruction) of the Ikwere language.
This also obviously led to the Rumuomasi Declaration in
1965. " … in their meeting at Rumuomasi in 1965 the
Ikwerre had, under the umbrella of a highly promising new
body that was to get the Ikwerre together as a people of
new and clearer vision, they had declared themselves as a
people of the distinct identity of Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality
- not Ibo, not Ijo, not anything else but Ikwerre,
Iwhnurọhna. This was the historic Rumuomasi Declaration
of 1965 (G.O.M. Tasie, 2000). The full implication is that
Ikwere people began to assert themselves forcefully as an
ethnic nationality of their own and not Ibos or Ijos, and
efforts were made to revert to the original Ikwere names for
families, villages, communities and landmarks. For
instance, there was the change from Umuola to Rumuola ,
Umuoro to Rumuoro , Umukrushi to Rumuokwurusi , just to
name a few.

CHAIRMAN, BOARD OF TRUSTEES
IWHNURỌHNA CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION
Saturday, 5 February 2011
References:
Olise, J.N.
(1971)
The Peoples of Benin , Oxford University
Press
Amadi, K.O.
(1993)
Amadi-
Nna,S.O.L.
(1993)
Otuwarikpo
, F.E. (1994)
Studies in Ikwerre History and Culture , in
Nduka, O. (ed) (1993) Craft Publishing
Ltd
Studies in Ikwerre History and Culture , in
Nduka, O. (ed) (1993) Craft Publishing
Ltd
The Phonology of Ekpeye: A Descriptive
Analysis , unpublished MA Thesis,
University of Jos
Solomon,
N.M.T.
(2004)
A Short History of Ekpeye People (an
excerpt from an upcoming book entitled
“THE EKPEYE BOOK – A Comprehensive
Guide in the History and Culture of Ekpeye
People of the Niger Delta Region in
Nigeria” published by Usama Ekpeye
USA Inc,
Tasie, G.O.M. (2000) Chairman's Opening Remarks
at the Maiden Ikwerre Annual Thanksgiving Day, mimeo

3 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Flyoruboy(m): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
Udmaster:
another Boring Trash.

Perhaps Lagos is too much for you? Ok, you can try Ibadan, another mini-London. There's an area there called Ekotedo, na your kinsmen full the place, just as them full AJ city ghetto for Lagos. Catch an ABC bus to IB city, when you arrive there gimme a holler for directions. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by PassingShot(m): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
atbu1983:
I am south south. I don't completely agree agree with you for singling out the North alone. As far as I am concern IGBO, YORUBA and HAUSA are all benefitting from the current system. Afterall an IGBO man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12days war. Tell me what is Igbo contribution to Nigeria foreign exchange? Atleast the North contribute Agriculture no matter how small. They contribute more than the Igbo.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some south south states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today edo and delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. edo and delta were first Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming edo and delta state today. some tribes speak Yoruba in edo and delta state. why is Yoruba not claiming edo and delta state the way Igbo is claiming rivers and delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some south south people that they are one of us, it is big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and Yoruba is the problem of south south, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in Population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Sigapore. if Qatar and Sigapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like qatar and enjoy thier oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination?

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer?

As far as I am concern, as unbranwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout Marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbo was gaining and were in control and was happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting Marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide.

But how it will divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE

In summary, my point is if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. South South will form its own nation/nations. The only way south south and south east will form a single nation is if Nigeria divide by War because population will be important in size of Army.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth
You have made a well analytical and thoroughly explained contribution.

As a Yoruba, I even want to live separately from the Igbos, Hausas and SSerners for obvious reasons of culture, language, religion and innate characteristics.

4 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
Beremx:
Jonathan who is from the SS did not liberate his people from modern day slavery when he ruled Nigeria for close to 6years. Now,you blame it on the Fulanis?

A fulani man who is President is about cleaning up the mess in Ogoni land. Something an Ijaw president couldn't do because he's not from Ogoni.

You can continue wailing o! Na free of charge!
Please ma What relates Jonathan with this
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Udmaster(m): 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
TRASH! your diabolic backward Edo state have NO drop of crude oil. NB: Crude oil is not prostitution. BUNKOM[quote author=atbu1983 post=36782699]

HISTORY OF IKWERRE PEOPLE

Amadi-Nna (1993) added that: “The Ikwerres are a small
but distinct tribe. The Ikwerres have distinct linguistic,
social and cultural traits and formations that distinguish
them from other close neighbouring tribes like the Ijaws
and the Ibos. Majority of the Ikwerre settlements have their
roots traceable from the old Benin Empire.” Iwhnurọhna
people descended from the ancient Bini Kingdom. The
name of the grand ancestor is Akalaka. Their relations in
Rivers State are Ekpeye and Ogba people. The reigning Oba
of Benin when Akalaka, the ancestor of Ihruọha (later called
Iwhnurọhna) fled was Oba Ewuare (Ogwaro). Akalaka, a
member of the Benin royal family, fled in the 13 th century
on allegation of plotting assassination of the Oba. He died
in 1462. Iwhnurọhna his third son settled east of the
Sombrero River by 1538 AD, as detailed below.
Chief N.M.T. Solomon (2004), native of Ikodu Ubie in
Ekpeyeland, in his narrative draws heavily from the now
authenticated written historical records delivered by
various informed sources including “Eketu (Weber) of
Ubeta, assumed to have lived for over two hundred (200)
years as the oldest man in all Ekpeye, Ogba and
Iwhnurọ hna (or Ikwerre), at that time (and) was asked to
narrate the history and customs of Ekpeye people” as
unfolded in his lifetime. Here is what he said, which has
been validated by the accounts of the current generation
through responses to our questionnaires and direct
interviews thereby increasing our level of confidence on the
data:
Ekpeye, born in Benin, was the first of the three sons of
Akalaka. While in Ndoni, he married a second wife to gain
the love and favour of the people. The new wife gave
birth to a son, which he named Ogba. Akalaka was still in
Ndoni when his first wife, the mother of Ekpeye, gave
birth to his third son called Ihruoha (Ikwerre).
Similar historical fact by J.N. Olise (1971) averred that:
“Akalaka, a member of the Benin royal family, fled with his
wife from Benin to Ndoni, a community located close to the
River Niger, to save the life of his new born baby (Ekpeye)
… While at Ndoni, Akalaka took a second wife. … Akalaka
had two sons, Ekpeye – born to him by his Benin wife, and
Ogba – born to him by his Ndoni wife. According to F.E.
Otuwarikpo (1994): " After the death of Akalaka in 1462 AD,
his two sons, Ekpeye and Ogba had conflict, which
compelled Ogba, the younger son, to move northwards
where he founded Ohiakwo (Obigwe) and settled with his
family. Ekpeye who remained at Ula-Ubie had seven sons
– Ubie, Akoh, Upata, Igbuduya, Ekpe, Awala and Asa. The
last three sons – Ekpe, Awala and Asa – crossed to the
other side of Sombreiro River (present day Ikwerreland and
settled there since 1538 AD.” He added that: “Ekpe
migrated to present day Rumuekpe and spread through
Elele (Alimini), Ndele, Rumuji and part of Ibaa. Awala
migrated to present day Isiokpo …”
Amadi-Nna (1993) also said Akalaka migrated with his half
brother called Ochichi from the area of Benin Empire.
Ochichi sons were Ele (Omerele, now Elele), Elu (Elumuoha,
now Omerelu), Egbe (Egbeda) and Mini (Alimini, Isiokpo).
The crucial point here, which is of great importance in
tracing the joint origin of the ancestors of the Old Ahoada
Division (in the Governor Diete-Spiff administration), is the
mention of the number of children that Akalaka had, namely:
Ekpeye, Ogba and Ihru ọ ha (Ikwerre). It is noteworthy that
the pedigree and name of Ikwerre people, Iwhnurọhna,
obviously took its root from this original name – Ihruọha.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
dearpreye:

Why is GEJ the only opportunity the SS will have at the presidency?

Another SS will become president. but the longest time it will take is another 40years if we continue with 8years rotation of south and north presidency. but it may be shorter than that. because when it is time for SE presidency, if a SS person shows strong interest, Yoruba and hausa will rather support SS than SE. Just my opinion. it may happen in 2023 (8years time) if SS play their card right. by claiming we have not done 8years. it will be a struggle btw us and SE. but if we miss 2023, we may wait for 2055!!

3 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Udmaster(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Perhaps Lagos is too much for you? Ok, you can try Ibadan, another mini-London. There's an area there called Ekotedo, na your kinsmen full the place, just as them full AJ city ghetto for Lagos. Catch an ABC bus to IB city, when you arrive there gimme a holler for directions. cheesy
guy, am allergic to boring nonentities, try another style.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
abagoro:

You are a confirmed iidiot. I can remember vividly when you and others attacked me for suggesting Jonathan focus on East-West road and as well build a Seaport in Bayelsa as quickly as possible. Everything in South South was built by Northerners including the refineries. Jonathan neither revived the old one nor built another in his near 6 years but Buhari will revive all and build more. Mark it somewhere.

Show me where. Just show me where. There was NO way I could have done that. Just no way. Show me the thread. How could any sensible person do that bro? Show me the thread. NOW!
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Udmaster(m): 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
atbu1983:

Another SS will become president. but the longest time it will take is another 40years if we continue with 8years rotation of south and north presidency. but it may be shorter than that. because when it is time for SE presidency, if a SS person shows strong interest, Yoruba and hausa will rather support SS than SE. Just my opinion
your Backward Edo state do Not have A Drop of crude oil because crude oil is NOT Prostitution.

1 Like

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
Udmaster:
your Backward Edo state do Not have A Drop of crude oil because crude oil is NOT Prostitution.

Bro, don't go that way, please. West learn to disagree within the limits of patience and tolerance. Please.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
Udmaster:

You claim SE and SS are one. why are you angry towards the possibility of SS being president in 2023? You see, you are a hippocrite!!! Igbo don't love us South south, they love only our oil just like Hausa and Yoruba.

Edo state have oil but not much compared to the big 4 (rivers,delta,bayelsa and akwa ibom). I am a petroleum engineer

Edo oil is produced by NPDC and Panocean.

The problem with you is that you lack knowledge. The only thing you know is bear parlour gist.

8 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by winniz: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
At OP time to ignore derailers and suggest the way forward.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Udmaster(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
atbu1983:

Edo state have oil but not much compared to the big 4 (rivers,delta,bayelsa and akwa ibom).

The problem with you is that you lack knowledge. The only thing you know is bear parlour gist
BIG LIES! There is No Single Drop of crude oil in your witchcraft state which have a prostitutional ancestry to Italy.. You people are not part of NDDC(Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Ondo, and recently joined by Anambra)..

6 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Vicotex(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
PassingShot:

You have made a well analytical and thoroughly explained contribution.

As a Yoruba, I even want to live desperately from the Igbos, Hausas and SSerners for obvious reasons of culture, language, religion and innate characteristics.

A dead Anambra woman is better than a living Osun Man -FACT

8 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
winniz:
At OP time to ignore derailers and suggest the way forward.

The Way Forward is simple. The SS / SE must seek to strengthen their relationship and unity. The current system is a hindrance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Udmaster(m): 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, don't go that way, please. West learn to disagree within the limits of patience and tolerance. Please.
ok, you are one of the few monikers i love in this website. Your analytical skills is quality.
Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Vicotex(m): 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
atbu1983:

You claim SE and SS are one. why are you angry towards the possibility of SS being president in 2023? You see, you are a hippocrite!!! Igbo don't love us South south, they love only our oil just like Hausa and Yoruba.

Edo state have oil but not much compared to the big 4 (rivers,delta,bayelsa and akwa ibom). I am a petroleum engineer

The problem with you is that you lack knowledge. The only thing you know is bear parlour gist.

You mean to tell me that there is OYEL in UROMI?
Or IKPOBA ?

2 Likes

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
dearpreye:
I don't understand the Nigerian version of the black man. They don't love and tolerate one another and yet they won't seek to solve their problems. Primitive and self debasing group of people.
I'm sorry for how tribal supremacist derailed your thread. Next time add a caveat.

Pele

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. by major466(m): 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
That is it! This is exactly what we have been talking about.
The early 60s saw Nigeria blossom into an economic power house in the field of agriculture. Each region within the country was in total countrol of its resources. Then the North, South and East were identified by their agricultural produce like Cotton, Groundnuts, Cocoa, Rubber, Palm-oil etc on the map. Not only were these regions self-suficient in revenue generation, they actually contributed resources to the centre for the overall developement the country. Nigeria's potential of becoming an economic power house was so visible at that time, economic analyst were more confident of Nigeria's economic outlook than countries like South Korea, Singapore, Malasia and Indonesia. Those were best times of Nigeria's economic activity, the only country in Africa that was not bullied by the West in those days.
Alas!, the moment Nigeria slide into this primitive Socialist Economic structure after the civil war, Nigeria's economic development Sky-Dived from a promising Agro-economic player to a sorry state of a country where the only source of foriegn exchange is crude oil. How can Nigeria develop economically with this kind of structure
Nigeria's current economic structure where proceeds of economic activities are collected by the centre and shared to states is not only the bane of our underdevelopment, it is actually the Corruption hamparing long lasting economic development.
This system is fundamentally flawed, outdated, inefficient and unsustainable. It rewards laziness and mediocrity, an Almajiri-Style of structure if you like. No nation on earth can develop with this kind of economic structure.
Unless all Nigeria's unite and demand for Total Restructuring of Nigeria's economic system to reflect the ideals of Real Economic Federalism where states or regions will have access and control of their God given resources to develop at their own pace, the circle of mediocity, underdevelopment and backwardness will continue unabated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

89 Percent Of Nigerians Not Happy Under Buhari - Okorocha / Nigerians Soldiers Display Their Shooting Skills And Tactics On Training Ground / We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.