Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi (30118 Views)

Order Of Federal High Court Restraining EFCC From Arresting Ekiti Govt Officials / Mohammed Yunusa Dismissed By NJC Over Injunction Stopping EFCC From Probing Odua / Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
It was shocking that Alhaji Lai Muhammed, the spokesman for All Progressive Congress (APC) will come out in public to make a remark that suggests that APC leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Hon Rotimi Amaechi have no case pending with EFCC. To quote Alhaji Lai Muhammed "With what evidence will the EFCC go after Tinubu or Amaechi. What were they accused of? Why will they go after them if there are no petitions against them?". Is Lai Muhammed really asking what both men are being accused of? I think it is proper to give him a reminder of events.

EFCC's Investigation on Tinubu
In September 2006, the EFCC Chairman Nuhu Ribadu made known before the Senate that then Lagos state Governor, Bola Tinubu is under corruption investigation that is/was of "International dimension". I believe that Nigerians will want to know the outcome of the EFCC investigation against BAT that was said to be of "international dimension". Rather than coming out to ask Nigerians what "Tinubu" is accused of, it will be patriotic for Lai Muhammed to charge the President and EFCC to show transparency and leadership by telling Nigerians the status of the investigation-to determine whether or not BAT has a case to answer.
Ref:www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish/Africa_8/Looting_EFCC_Report_Indicts_15_Governors_26047_printer.shtml

For the record: At no time did ANY court acquit Tinubu of theft. He was only acquitted on the allegation of operating 10 foreign accounts during his 8years as Governor which violated section 7 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act, Cap C15 LFN, 2004 www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/tinubu-floors-fg/

Petition Against Amaechi Sent To EFCC, Presidency:
On August 5, 2015 it was reported that a group known as The Integrity Group, sent a "well detailed petition of corruption against former governor of Rivers state, Chibuike Amaechi to President Buhari and the EFCC". Neither the Presidency nor the EFCC has denied receipt of the I.G's petition. I don't want to believe that Lai Muhammed made the statement of "no petition" against Amaechi out of ignorance. I will advice that he consult with the EFCC and the Presidency, and encourage them to work on the petition so as to establish the innocence or otherwise of the former governor.
(ref: www.nairaland.com/2505582/petition-buhari-efcc-against-amaechi)

Buhari's Administration Insincerity With Anti-corruption:
Recall that on July 23, Spokesman Femi Adesina made known to Nigerians that the anti-corruption probe will only start and end with the immediate past government. According to him the President won't bother to probe the far past. He further said “The far past will includes Obasanjo and others. But the president has said he will not waste time to go that far.”

However, the above statement is in sharp contrast with Buhari comment/promise when he was running for the same office of the President in 2011 under CPC. In fact, he made it categorically that he will probe from the 1999 administration. In his own words;
“We know what we had in1999. After spending between $12 billion and $16 billion, we are going to tell the PDP to account to Nigerians what happened to that money because the power is available at Kainji, Jebba and the thermal stations. What is happening to them(?).”

“First of all, we have the problems on the ground. How much have they spent and what happened to all the resources put into power between1999 and now? We have to know what happened to the money. We know where we were in1999 when the PDP came, we will find out how much they spent up till today.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NIgerianWorldForum/conversations/topics/100615

A Challenge To President Buhari and APC:
One of the biggest gaffe of the immediate past administration is the inability to bring alleged corrupt officials to justice (just like its own predecessors). The President should live up to his supposed tag as an anti-corruption czar and bring corrupt officers (whether near past, far past or present) to justice. He should revisit the EFCC investigation/report against Tinubu and others; pursue the petition against Amaechi; and bring every official that has stolen public funds to justice. In absence of sincere anti-corruption fight, he will continue to be seen as insincere and unserious.

May God Bless Us All

164 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by temitemi1(m): 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
I will keep saying this; I will take buhari's corruption sermon seriously the day I see EFCC going after the likes of tinubu, ameachi, atiku, tundefashola.com and the rest...

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2015

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Paschal001: 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
. Until Buhari prosecute Amaechi.... Then I would know he is serious

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Olamitisoji(m): 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thumbs-up Barcanista. Am not always as patient to get as much details as you do but when i read yours i get briefed with your link supported facts.

Buhari has the power to nail who so ever he wants be it Amaechi or Tinubu once his very sure they are corrupt and they are thieves, which is very obvious to the world even when they claim there are no evidences to the allegations, all he EFCC needs is Buhari's command, evidences will surface and they will rot in jail.

Buhari fulfill your anti-corruption election promises. Visit the sin Tinubu, Obasanjo, Babangida, Rotimi Amaechi amongst others, and also the Sins of your immediate predecessor who says he his ready for probe. Stop being afraid of what Obasanjo has on you, cos that the way i see it. Peace.

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
When will you start seeing something positive in this administration?
Try to strike balance and be objective..... at least for once pls!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Buhari govt is just too noisy!

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
Cc: iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots

APC's Philips70

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Firefire(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
The former governor was charged to court on allegation that he violated section 7 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act, Cap C15 LFN, 2004, as amended, [size=15pt]by operating10 foreign accounts whilst he was in office between 1999 and 2[/size]007.

In a unanimous ruling of a 3-man panel of justices of the CCT led by its chairman, justice Danladi Yakubu Umar, yesterday, the ex-governor was discharged on the premise that the charge against him was legally defective.

What was Bola Tinubu doing with TEN different FOREIGN Accounts ?

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by tayebest(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
lol

March 28 poll na bastard oo

Kuma, the tin still dey pain Barcanista so tey e reach the bone sef! grin

*pee on this thread*
*dance shakiti bobo outa thread*

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by coolestrogue(m): 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
Lalasticlala and ishilove should not wait till it gets to page 10 before sending this thread to the front-page.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
adeyemi2015:
When will you start seeing something positive in this administration?
Try to strike balance and be objective..... at least for once pls!
When will I start seeing something positive? I will surely see when there happens to be positive. Besides, I don't think I badmouthed the administration in the original write-up.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Firefire(m): 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Buhari govt is just too noisy!

Just noise and nothing more.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by AMINDA: 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
Barcanista, go to court and remain there!

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by JewelRegi(f): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Everybody is trying to protect his or her interest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by coolestrogue(m): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
temitemi1:
G
"G" for center of gravity

1 Like

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Demdem(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
Rubbish.

22 Likes

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by joseph1832(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
Another twisted reasoning and narrow mindedness displayed by you and yours barcanista.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by dejavski(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
I believe that "Go slow" should strike a balance in his probing..let it be from both sides and we'll c the real fight against corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by dejavski(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista:
When will I start seeing something positive? I will surely see when there happens to be positive. Besides, I don't think I badmouthed the administration in the original write-up.

Tell him to focus on the message not the messenger

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
What are you saying bro? You really expected Bubu to do such? Forget all that his mouthed anti corruption toga; it's all hot air.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by coolestrogue(m): 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Another twisted reasoning and narrow mindedness displayed by your and yours barcanista.
Shame on you and your kinds, refute his claim if you have any, and stop acting like a child.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
AMINDA:
Barcanista, go to court and remain there!
This is my problem with some of you! Instead of being a patriotic Nigerian by encouraging that people be held accountable, you are making unreasonable statement. When has it become lawful for a private citizen to prosecute/probe alleged corruption case?

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by denedene(m): 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
mehnnn never believed in the op but truly barcanista is a real gem cause if buhari made that statement in 2011 n gej was barely in office but four years later obj is innocent and gej is Nigeria's most corrupt president

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by PassingShot(m): 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
Just as predicted!

On Tinubu
Why couldn't Jona bring Tinubu to justice if he was as corrupt as you want us to believe? This is a man who has been out of governance since 2008 and we have had another eight years of PDP rule since then. Besides, Tinubu was tried by ICPC and was discharged and acquitted of all charges. And if anyone has additional evidence, let them write EFCC.

On Amaechi
Let EFCC work on the petition submitted if truly any was indeed submitted. Or do you expect investigation of all allegations in that petition to have been concluded already? In addition, Wike said he was going to probe Amaechi, why not wait for the outcome of that exercise too?

On PMB anti corruption before and after the election
The president may have said what he said then, that he was not going to probe past regimes. However many things may have informed his new position. E.g.

1. He may have discovered high level looting and corruption beyond his imagination upon assuming the mantle of leadership. This is very plausible given that no one can claim to know 20% of what goes on in running of government from outside.

2. He may have deliberately said what he said then in order to forestall any plan by GEJ military guys from thwarting the election process. A pledge by Awolowo to probe the military regime if he won the general election in 1979 was largely responsible for his "loss" to Shehu Shagari. So, it would have been suicidal for PMB not to reassure the then regime.

Finally, do not worry too much too soon about bringing corrupt people to justice . it will eventually happen.

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by kennydee05(m): 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
Could you please give any reason why PDP government did not find it dutiful to probe Tinubu since he left office in 2007?
And again since your so called PDP can not do it then stop wailing Ok chief Wailer?

Your advice would have been well appreciated if you direct it to Wicked Wike as regarding Rotimi Amaechi.

Barcanista, don't be surprise your high blood pressure can come as a result of your restlessness on APC, Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi issue

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by ogba20: 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista:

the earler we realise that naija in is in dark the better it becomes.i can never be deceived by so called change

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
dejavski:

Tell him to focus on the message not the messenger
My brother, the funny thing is that the same group of people will be shouting "good governance". Yet, they aren't interested in "good governance" but hypocritical governance.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by usbcable(m): 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista my guy.

seems you have yet to find something cogent enough to use to attack PMB as per your opposition paroles.

all these chinkini topics no dey help your image jare.

just calm down by September (when ministerial list comes out and legislatures return from their un-ending recesses or is it resets.) you will have more than enough to post your epistles. and attack them at will

until then stop all these "I still dey here" topics you keep creating

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by temitemi1(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
G
Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Firefire(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, the funny thing is that the same group of people will be shouting "good governance". Yet, they aren't interested in "good governance" but hypocritical governance.

Reason, I hate ACN tuned APC with passion...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing Stops Buhari, EFCC From Probing Tinubu And Amaechi by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
coolestrogue:
Lalasticlala and ishilove should not wait till it gets to page 10 before sending this thread to the front-page.
cc: Obinoscopy Seun

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Cleans Gutter With Children / Lagos State Government Cleans Up Iganmu Under Bridge (Photos). / Shekh Gumi: Bandits Deserve Respect, Empathy, They Have Children, Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.