Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

The Sealed Ambition Of A Typical Hausa-Fulani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sealed Ambition Of A Typical Hausa-Fulani (684 Views)

This Is The "SEALED" And HEAVILY GUARDED" Kogi State House Of Assembly (pixs) / How Obasanjo Scuttled Tinubu’s Ambition Of Producing Buhari’s Finance Minister / The Sealed Center Of Abortion And Baby Factory In Aba(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Sealed Ambition Of A Typical Hausa-Fulani by Ijawman(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2009
I’ll remain a fisherman for life, says Argungu winner 
Written by Bashir Yahuza Malumfashi & Musa Diso     
Saturday, 21 March 2009 
Forty-five-year-old Malam Abubakar Dadu Tarasa is the overall winner of the recently concluded Argungu Annual Fishing Festival. In an exclusive interview with our reporters, he stated that he is not planning to ditch his profession of fishing. Rather, he would use whatever he gained from the event to boost the trade.

You emerged as the winner of this year’s Argungu Fishing Festival. How do    you feel? Malam Abubakar: I thank Allah, the Most High for it because I believe my success is entirely from Him and I regard it as an important achievement in my life. I would not say anything better than render my thanks to Allah for giving me the chance in life to witness this event and my parents and other well wishers that assisted me toward achieving success in my endevours.

Before embarking to join this competition, did you have an inkling that you’d be the overall winner?

Abubakar: By Allah, in His ultimate sovereignty, I never envisaged anything like this to happen to me in my life because if you observe the event, more than thirty thousand fishermen took part in the competition. Therefore, I will never forget that day in my life due to the fact that it was the day I became famous, not only in Nigeria alone but the world over. This has encouraged me to continue to take part in this competition.

When you were receiving the prize and you received a handshake from the President of this country, how did that make you feel?

Abubakar: It was a great thing because it has uplifted my status from a common man that lives in Turasa Ward of Birnin Kebbi, to a champion that drew the attention of not only national but international community. This is indeed a historical and joyful event in my life that I will never forget.

We learnt that you have received some financial reward as part of your prizes. Do you have any plan on how to spend it?

Abubakar: In the first place, my ambition is to assist my brothers, sisters and friends within my new financial position. Secondly, I want expand my fishing profession and to continue practicing fishing for life.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Re-run: Yar’adua Campaigns For Oni / Enough Of Soludo Bashing! / 'our Focus Now Should Be Electoral Reform'- Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.