Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,031 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT (57819 Views)

NCC Remits N70 Billion Into Federation Account / NNPC Remits N1.118 Trillion Into Federation Account In One Year / Refineries To Pay Into Federation Account From 2016 – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by dokiOloye(m): 1:20am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Look, if you are talking about Onitsha or Awka in Anambra, na Una get am. But nnot Lagos. Na we dey control our economic sector in Lag, not to mention Ogun. How many Igbos own homes at Ikeja GRA, Ikoyi, Magodo? Only the few affluent ones that got rich no thanks to Yoruba open-mindedness and liberalism in our region. No more, no less.
Yoruba open-mindedness and liberalism?
Really?
Have U ever given any Igbo man even a free cup of water in that Ur lagos?
Abeg,make we hear word.
Just admit that d Igbos have out-hustled U guys in Ur very backyard and stop deceiving Urself that d success of d Igbo man in Lagos is due to d magnanimity of his host.That one na big lie.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Here: https://www.nairaland.com/2322312/ogun-state-nigerias-emerging-industrial

Educated yourself and choke on your own bad-belle. FACT: Ogun state is Nigeria's current industrial hub, surpassing even Lagos. And please don't playa hate on Yorubaland for attracting unprecedented FDI and multinationals. Up till now we are yet to see any concrete proof of any worthwhile contribution of your accursed SE region.

Dont come here and say shit about igbos when it is known in truth that 70 percent of y'all are both poor and broke. You guys can lie for africa, choi By the way, how does that add value to the common yoruba man.if an igbo man and yoruba man were to show up for employment, there are higher chances that an igbo man will be chosen for the job....it happened in the 60s, and it is still happening now go and ask ur fada

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Deltagiant: 1:24am On Aug 10, 2015
http://www.oilservltdng.com/

http://seplatpetroleum.com/[url][/url]

http://nestoil-ltd.com/

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=22819446

Even in the Oil and Gas, the South East has taken a very formidable position as well. The above few companies have shown tremendeous strength and are currently big players in the global stage. All Head quartered in Lagos. A little respect from all will suffice...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by princdebola201(m): 1:25am On Aug 10, 2015
lunaticfringe:

Bia this boy, close your mouth and keep ur illogical sentiments to urself.. You are nothing but a poor tribalist...
mr Flat head with flat brain parkwell pls if u don't have any reasonable thing to contribute to the topic..and pls don't qoute me again

3 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by eneidoko(f): 1:27am On Aug 10, 2015
Fake goods, armed robbery and biafra

6 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by dokiOloye(m): 1:27am On Aug 10, 2015
huangcheng:

I've warned your brothers to stop calling Multinational companies YORUBA businesses.

Honeywell Groups

Headquarters: Morristown, NJ, United States of America
CEO: David M. Cote
Founder: Mark C. Honeywell

Skye Bank

A merger of 5 different banks (Prudent Merchant Bank, EIB International Bank Plc., Bond Bank Limited, Reliance Bank Limited, Co-operative Bank Plc) to form Skye bank in 2006.

Everyone knows that Yorubas cannot run a successful business without Govt contract or kickbacks, just see what our Insurance sector where Yorubas dominate have become. Our insurance has been reduced to a mere "yahoo yahoo" enterprise. Please which IT and Telecom sector do yorubas dominate? You mean Nairaland IT company? grin grin

Oando beats Capital oil in what exactly? undecided We're talking about someone who owns the biggest tank farm in West Africa with a capacity of over 200 million liters and you're talking about filling stations. grin grin This is laughable to be honest. Dude, Yoruba business is a joke. Anyone who employs a Yoruba person to manage his business will be doing a disservice to his company. The likes of Kingsway, Bata, PZ, Floor mills, and many other run down businesses are examples of Yoruba management. Just look at how Nairaland is being run and you'll understand how efficient Yoruba conduct their business.
What d Yorubas have done all their life is to act as conductors and accomplices to d hausa/fulani in d looting of Niger delta resources.
That is why they usually start convulsing anytime they hear Biafra cos they know that d SS will also demand for autonomy once Biafra is realised.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Swift is foreign owned though the country manager is Igbo. Smile is Igbo owned and a recent entrant into the market. It's still a crawling struggling brand. Neither can hold a candle near Spectranet.

This guy im just tired of ur lies by the way I use both swift and smile, smile izs the fastest and most expensive, seconded by swift, never for once have I considered spectranet, it is too slow and cheap and when u see cheap shit like that, always knw ul get inferior service, yorubas can never mnage a bizness well, take swift and spectranet as a case study, Spectranet has been run to the ground... topic on isps closed.

8 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by lunaticfringe: 1:31am On Aug 10, 2015
princdebola201:

mr Flat head with flat brain parkwell pls if u don't have any reasonable thing to contribute to the topic..and pls don't qoute me again

Mr fish brain your own mumu deserves an encore but only from vultures who will feast on the emptiness of your hollow mind. Kitikpa Rachakwa gi Anya there...

6 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by princdebola201(m): 1:33am On Aug 10, 2015
It's a shame none of the so called industrous tribe caNnot come up with a reasonable fact..

8 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Flyoruboy(m): 1:35am On Aug 10, 2015
dokiOloye:
Yoruba open-mindedness and liberalism?
Really?
Have U ever given any Igbo man even a free cup of water in that Ur lagos?
Abeg,make we hear word.
Just admit that d Igbos have out-hustled U guys in Ur very backyard and stop deceiving Urself that d success of d Igbo man in Lagos is due to d magnanimity of his host.That one na big lie.

In your dreams. Didn't you hear about the igboman in Lagos who abandoned his family after his wife had two sets of twins in Lagos? Was it not Ambode that came to the family's rescue? Ngozi Nwosu and Ifeanyi Dike, both Nollywood professionals based in Lagos were suffering from life-threatening diseases and cried for help, none of their SE brothers or even governors came to their aid but Fashola footed their bills, flew them out of the country for treatment and consequently they are still with us today thanx to Yorubas. Those are just 3 examples out of many.

Now, Yorubas own, govern, control and dominate Lagos. And we are proud that other ethnic groups find our land and region prosperous and accommodating enough to help them achieve success in life. It's the same reason most people prefer Uk, U.s, Canada, to the likes of Iraq, Afghanistan (which represent your own barren region where your own folks, investors, and other Nigerians are obviously avoiding). Igbos are not the only non-indigenes thriving in our land, other Nigerians are not excluded, and we are proud of it coz it is to our credit that we are that open-minded and accommodating. Why can't the same be said about your own region? ?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:38am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

In your dreams. Didn't you hear about the igboman in Lagos who abandoned his family after his wife had two sets of twins in Lagos? Was it not Ambode that came to the family's rescue? Ngozi Nwosu and Ifeanyi Dije, both Nollywood professionals based in Lagos were suffering from life-threatening diseases and cried for help, none of their SE brothers or even governors came to their aid but Fashola footed their bills, flew them out of the country for treatment and consequently they are still with us today thanx to Yorubas. Those are just 3 examples out of many.

Now, Yorubas own, govern, control and dominate Lagos. And we ate proud that other ethnic groups find our land and region prosperous and accommodating enough to help them achieve success in life. It's the same reason most people prefer Uk, U.s, Canada, to the likes of Iraq, Afghanistan (which represent your own barren region where your own folks, investors, and other Nigerians are obviously avoiding). Igbos are not the only non-indigenes thriving in our land, other Nigerians are not excluded, and we are proud of it coz it is to our credit that we are that open-minded and accommodating. Why can't the same be said about your own region? ?

Well for your info, igbos are the biggest tax payers in lagos, so it was wisdom fashola applied. Compared to the igbos, How much tax do yorubas contribute to lagos

14 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Flyoruboy(m): 1:39am On Aug 10, 2015
willow0802:

This guy im just tired of ur lies by the way I use both swift and smile, smile izs the fastest and most expensive, seconded by swift, never for once have I considered spectranet, it is too slow and cheap and when u see cheap shit like that, always knw ul get inferior service, yorubas can never mnage a bizness well, take swift and spectranet as a case study, Spectranet has been run to the ground... topic on isps closed.

Hahahaha. You mumu die, walahi. I am currently using Spectranet and also have swift. Spectranet is not only as fast, if not faster, than both Swift and Smile, but it also cheaper like you admitted, but it also gives me MORE gig/bandwidth than both smile and swift (though swift really isn't half-bad). But smile is a no-no; shitty speed, too expensive, overall shitty service.

5 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Hahahaha. You mumu die, walahi. I am currently using Spectranet and also have swift. Spectranet is not only as fast, if not faster, than both Swift and Smile, but it also cheaper like you admitted, but it also gives me MORE gig/bandwidth than both smile and swift (though swift really isn't half-bad). But smile is a no-no; shitty speed, too expensive, overall shitty service.

I just wanna know, where exactly do u stay?

2 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by lunaticfringe: 1:43am On Aug 10, 2015
princdebola201:

It's a shame none of the so called industrous tribe came up with a reasonable fact..

May you choke on your stupidity and your hate...

5 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Now I know how big a liar you are, see the idiota that stays at chevron and yet smile is slow...chai you have opened your very very black yansh grin

6 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 10, 2015
huangcheng:
The ignorance of Yorubas might give me cancer one day. See how he grouped all industries and companies in Lagos and Ogun as SW owned and counted them among Yoruba companies then he turned around and asked what Igbos contribute to Nigeria. grin

Emzor Pharmaceuticals - Lagos
Capital Oil - Lagos
Chi limited - Lagos
Coscharis Motors - Lagos
Visa Phone - Lagos, Ogun
Fidelity Bank - Lagos, Ogun
Diamond Bank - Lagos, Ogun
Slot limited - Lagos, Ogun
Anabel Industries - Ogun
FAN - Lagos
Numerous hotels and Private schools, Businesses, Car dealership and many other Igbo business and industries operating in the SW belongs to Yorubas and Igbo contributes nothing even if 25% of the oil and gas exported comes from the SE. I did not mention SE manufacturing hub at Abia and Anambra, Nollywood ($5.1 billion industry) headquarters at upper iweka Anambra state, Agriculture especially palm oil, cassava and rice in Imo and Ebonyi, Tourism in Enugu.

Now the question is, apart from Igbos and foreigners that dominate Lagos and Ogun manufacturing hub, how many manufacturing companies does Yorubas own in the SW? What is the Yorubas contribution to the economy of Lagos and Ogun state?

I love this. its good to seperate the wheat from the chaff but the problem is a lot of yorubas don't really care about their environment. i tell you son.you don't contribute [b]shit

[b]SAHARA ENERGY

THE PALMS SHOPPING MALL(PERSINANAS GROUP)

GTB

ELIZADE GROUP

CAVERTON OFFSHORE GROUP

CHICKEN REPUBLIC

NICON GROUP /Air Nigeria Nicon Insurance Nigeria Re-Insurance Corporation Nicon Luxury Hotel The Nicon Group - Lagos, Nigeria - Holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others Global Fleet Oil and Gas, Nicon Hotels, Global Fleet Industries Energy Bank

DOYIN GROUP OF COMPANIES /Global Soap & Detergent Industries Limited, Consolidated Foods and Beverages Limited Doyin Pharmaceutical (Nigeria) Limited,Doyin Farms

BELLVIEW AIRLINES

PETRO INNET

MURITALA MUHAMMAD AIRPORT TERMINAL2 . IN SHORT SHITS ON EVRY DARN THING YOU WILL EVER COME UP WITH EVEN IF WE DECIDE TO STAY IN OUR HOMES FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS

BI-COURTNEY

FAIRGATE GROUP

MAIN ONE

TASTY-FRIED CHICKEN- owned your childhood

ONWARD PAPERS-owned your childhood

ELEGANZA-owned your childhood

SKYE BANK

FCMB

TANTALIZERS- owned your childhood

SWEET SENSATION-owned your childhood

ATLANTIC ENERGY

COSTAIN WEST AFRICA

AS A MATTER OF FACT FOLORUNSO ALAKIJA WILL BUY THE WHOLE IGBO RACE

i don't even need to go into details the otudeko,adenuga,otedola but if you want more food i'll give you hun

oh and by the way

Ondo state is the largest producer of cocoa in Nigeria and it accounts for 70% of Nigeria’s cocoa export .Nigeria is the 4th largest producer of cocoa in the world . its also our highest non oil export

-Oyo state is the largest producer of Tobacco in Nigeria

-Ondo state is the largest producer of oil after the south-south

-Of the 28.6 million metric tonnes of cement produced locally in Nigeria, 14 million metric tonnes of this comes from Ogun State. i think ewekoro cement factory and ibese are owned by the Igbos grin grin

-Ogun state has the largest concentration of industries in Nigeria. Ota,sagamu and agbara

-Sagamu is the largest kola nut collecting center in the nigeria

-Osun-osogbo festival shits on every darn thing the red-mud region can gain from tourism

-Yoruba pastors control 100% of religious tourism in Nigeria

and by the way 90% of what you own in lagos is this[/b]

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by dokiOloye(m): 1:45am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

In your dreams. Didn't you hear about the igboman in Lagos who abandoned his family after his wife had two sets of twins in Lagos? Was it not Ambode that came to the family's rescue? Ngozi Nwosu and Ifeanyi Dije, both Nollywood professionals based in Lagos were suffering from life-threatening diseases and cried for help, none of their SE brothers or even governors came to their aid but Fashola footed their bills, flew them out of the country for treatment and consequently they are still with us today thanx to Yorubas. Those are just 3 examples out of many.

Now, Yorubas own, govern, control and dominate Lagos. And we ate proud that other ethnic groups find our land and region prosperous and accommodating enough to help them achieve success in life. It's the same reason most people prefer Uk, U.s, Canada, to the likes of Iraq, Afghanistan (which represent your own barren region where your own folks, investors, and other Nigerians are obviously avoiding). Igbos are not the only non-indigenes thriving in our land, other Nigerians are not excluded, and we are proud of it coz it is to our credit that we are that open-minded and accommodating. Why can't the same be said about your own region? ?
U cannot say d same about my region cos.U guys are afraid of venturing out of Ur comfort zones.
Have U ever wanted to buy land or set up a business in Aba,Onitsha,Enugu,etc and anybody prevented U?
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Flyoruboy(m): 1:48am On Aug 10, 2015
willow0802:

Dont come here and say shit about igbos when it is known in truth that 70 percent of y'all are both poor and broke. You guys can lie for africa, choi By the way, how does that add value to the common yoruba man.if an igbo man and yoruba man were to show up for employment, there are higher chances that an igbo man will be chosen for the job....it happened in the 60s, and it is still happening now go and ask ur fada

Yeah, we are so poor and broke that y'all can't stay away from Yorubaland? ? Go and ask IrokoTv boss, Jason Njoku, why he prefers Yoruba programmers to igbo ones. It's coz we have the proficiency and competence to meet his standard. Even he is now avoiding his igbo brothers at Alaba coz of their shady and dubious ways -- they have virtually destroyed whatever value is left of Nollywood,no thank to the piracy they perpetrate. Bad-belle is dangerous to your health. Beware.

6 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I love this. its good to seperate the wheat from the chaff but the problem is a lot of yorubas don't really care about their environment. i tell you son.you don't contribute [b]shit

[b]SAHARA ENERGY

THE PALMS SHOPPING MALL(PERSINANAS GROUP)

GTB

ELIZADE GROUP

CAVERTON OFFSHORE GROUP

CHICKEN REPUBLIC

NICON GROUP /Air Nigeria Nicon Insurance Nigeria Re-Insurance Corporation Nicon Luxury Hotel The Nicon Group - Lagos, Nigeria - Holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others Global Fleet Oil and Gas, Nicon Hotels, Global Fleet Industries Energy Bank

DOYIN GROUP OF COMPANIES /Global Soap & Detergent Industries Limited, Consolidated Foods and Beverages Limited Doyin Pharmaceutical (Nigeria) Limited,Doyin Farms

BELLVIEW AIRLINES

PETRO INNET

MURITALA MUHAMMAD AIRPORT TERMINAL2 . IN SHORT SHITS ON EVRY DARN THING YOU WILL EVER COME UP WITH EVEN IF WE DECIDE TO STAY IN OUR HOMES FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS

BI-COURTNEY

GTB

FAIRGATE GROUP

MAIN ONE

TASTY-FRIED CHICKEN- owned your childhood

ONWARD PAPERS-owned your childhood

ELEGANZA-owned your childhood

SKYE BANK

FCMB

TANTALIZERS- owned your childhood

SWEET SENSATION-owned your childhood

ATLANTIC ENERGY

COSTAIN WEST AFRICA

AS A MATTER OF FACT FOLORUNSO ALAKIJA WILL BUY THE WHOLE IGBO RACE[/b]

i don't even need to go into details the otudeko,adenuga,otedola but if you want more food i'll give you hun

oh and by the way

Ondo state is the largest producer of cocoa in Nigeria and it accounts for 70% of Nigeria’s cocoa export .Nigeria is the 4th largest producer of cocoa in the world . its also our highest non oil export

-Oyo state is the largest producer of /Tobacco in Nigeria

-Ondo state is the largest producer of oil after the south-south

-Of the 28.6 million metric tonnes of cement produced locally in Nigeria, 14 million metric tonnes of this comes from Ogun State. i think ewekoro cement factor and ibese are owned by the Igbos grin grin

Ogun state has the largest concentration of industries in Nigeria. Ota,sagamu and agbara

Sagamu is the largest kola nut collecting center in the nigeria
[/b]
Osun-osogbo festival shits on every darn thing the red-mud region can gain from tourism

Yoruba pastors control 100% of religious tourism in Nigeria
and by the way 90% of what you own in lagos is this

Gtb is not yoruba owned, I repeat it is not yoruba owned....who uses bellview these dsys, alakija we all know her story, bi Courtney... lol that one na national company abi lagos only branch, which one...so many flaws here man

2 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

You are nothing but a jealous yes.bo dolt. Oba Otudeko heads Honeywell group. That your region has failed to attract big multinationals is not Yorubaman's fault. Your response still didn't refute the fact that our banks dominate our region.

Guy, you are trying too hard to sound smart but you can are typical igbo 419er. Capital oil is in receivership and ifeanyi uba is scamner cum (his coscharis scam cones readily to mind) oil importer and nothing more. How many filling stations does he have in Lagos and Nationwide? It is a CRIME and Blasphemous to compare Capital oil to Oando.

MainOne cable is owned and operated by Yorubas. Naija's premiere ISP, Spectranet, is a a Yoruba business. Go and ask IrokoTv which ethnicity drives their I.T department -- SW unis churn out the best and brightest I.T experts. Cc hub, Naija's premiere I.T incubator is owned and run by Yorubas.

I repeat, our engineers and tycoons dominate the Telecom sector (Adenuga).

Oops, you sound very pained. Did i strike a nerve? Let me educate you small boy on the organizational structure of a multinational company. Muhtar Kent is the CEO of Coca-cola bottling company but he's not the owner of coca-cola. Being the head of a multinational company doesn't necessarily mean that you are the owner of said company, so please stop calling every company with a Yoruba CEO a Yoruba owned company, it'll only makes you look stupid.

I really don't like rhetoric and i assume that you haven't traveled outside SW so you're, should i say, ignorant of what happens outside your state. Capital Oil has filling stations across SW, SE and the North while Oando doesn't have any filling station in the SE. Go figure. Another thing I've noticed about Yoruba companies is that they don't grow beyond SW before they crumble, for example MainOne Cable has been in Nigeria since 2005 but it doesn't have any coverage outside Lagos and Abuja, however, MainOne source its server from Mauritania. grin

Please which company is Naija's premiere ISP? Never heard of it. Spectranet? Really? The same Spectranet owned by Oba Akiolu the Lagoon King? A service provider that cannot even cover half of Lagos state and a fraction of Ibadan. cheesy cheesy Laughable grin Now what about Swift Technology, Visa Phone, what about Zinox technology? While you're feeling sorry for yourself another Igbo man just developed cancer seeing glasses.

Small boy when it comes to technology you run and hide when Igbos are talking. Engineering is not poetry or running around with press cameras.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Yeah, we are so poor and broke that y'all can't stay away from Yorubaland? ? Go and ask IrokoTv boss, Jason Njoku, why he prefers Yoruba programmers to igbo ones. It's coz we have the proficiency and competence to meet his standard. Even he is now avoiding his igbo brothers at Alaba coz of their shady and dubious ways -- they have virtually destroyed whatever value is left of Nollywood,no thank to the piracy they perpetrate. Bad-belle is dangerous to your health. Beware.

Idiocy is ur ailment

2 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 10, 2015
huangcheng:

Oops, you sound very pained. Did i strike a nerve? Let me educate you small boy on the organizational structure of a multinational company. Muhtar Kent is the CEO of Coca-cola bottling company but he's not the owner of coca-cola. Being the head of a multinational company doesn't necessarily mean that you are the owner of said company, so please stop calling every company with a Yoruba CEO as Yoruba owned company, it'll only makes you look stupid.

I really don't like rhetoric and i assume that you haven't traveled outside SW so you're, should i say, ignorant of what happens outside your state. Capital Oil has filling stations across SW, SE and the North while Oando doesn't have any filling station in the SE. Go figure. Another thing I've noticed about Yoruba companies is that they don't grow beyond SW before they crumble, for example MainOne Cable has been in Nigeria since 2005 but it doesn't have any coverage outside Lagos and Abuja, however, MainOne source its server from Mauritania. grin

Please which company is Naija's premiere ISP? Never heard of it. Spectranet? Really? The same Spectranet owned by Oba Akiolu the Lagoon King? A service provider that cannot even cover half of Lagos state and a fraction of Ibadan. cheesy cheesy Laughable grin Now what about Swift Technology, Visa Phone, what about Zinox technology? While you're feeling sorry for yourself another Igbo man just developed cancer seeing glasses.

Small boy when it comes to technology you run and hide when Igbos are talking. Engineering is not poetry or running around with press cameras.

nna you didnt have to go this far na, exercise restraints grin

17 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Here: https://www.nairaland.com/2322312/ogun-state-nigerias-emerging-industrial

Educated yourself and choke on your own bad-belle. FACT: Ogun state is Nigeria's current industrial hub, surpassing even Lagos. And please don't playa hate on Yorubaland for attracting unprecedented FDI and multinationals. Up till now we are yet to see any concrete proof of any worthwhile contribution of your accursed SE region.

Are these companies and industries owned by Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by dexonMart(m): 1:55am On Aug 10, 2015
good
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Flyoruboy(m): 1:55am On Aug 10, 2015
dokiOloye:
U cannot say d same about my region cos.U guys are afraid of venturing out of Ur comfort zones.
Have U ever wanted to buy land or set up a business in Aba,Onitsha,Enugu,etc and anybody prevented U?

Guy, honestly, beyond trading what else can a brother do over there? I love Onitsha more than Aba but look, I am not into trading. I am an I.T consultant/Real Estate developer. To buy land in Enugu is a frustrating exercise coz there's an unofficial policy not to sell land to outsiders. My team and I once tried to invest in estate development there a few years back and that was our experience. The only way out was to purchase the land by proxy, which wasn't too palatable. I think a lot of your home based folks have an apprehensive disposition about selling land to non-indigenes. That's my experience anyway.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

U still haven't answered me, where do you live.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 10, 2015
Gtb is not yoruba owned, I repeat it is not yoruba owned....who uses bellview these dsys, alakija we all know her story, bi Courtney... lol that one na national company abi lagos only branch, which one...so many flaws here man[/quote

No its urhobo owned grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by scholes0(m): 1:57am On Aug 10, 2015
AroOkigbo:
Let do small mathematics here...

80% of crude oil is from SS (as you put it). Where is the 20% coming from? Let's assume SE.

Nigeria exports AT LEAST 2m barrels of crude oil PER DAY
20% of that is 400,000 barrels

At $50 per barrel, that's $20m
At #200 per $, that's #4 billion

Let's assume 100% of agriculture comes from SW and the North... yes, SE contributes nothing via agriculture...

Between #4 billion PER DAY and 100% of agriculture, which would you go for?

You may be thinking, but it's 60-40 (JV ratio, Nigeria vs producer), tell me how much 100% contributes to the central purse...AND HOW?

You are absolutely wrong...
Ondo state contributes 13% of Nigerian oil. And Lagos is soon to join that list.
of the 9 oil producing states, Ondo sits at 5th. He was right in his assessment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 10, 2015
This thread is quite funny. I don't even care to go into all the lies the OP listed up there 'cause we Igbos are way 2 advanced globally to engage in such pettiness. But i have just one question for the OP. If the SE is so irrelevant to nigeria as u claim, y did nigeria fight the same SE so hard for three good years with the help of UK, Russia and Egypt, to have this same inconsequential SE as a part of nigeria? Pray tell.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Guy, honestly, beyond trading what else can a brother do over there? I love Onitsha more than Aba but look, I am not into trading. I am an I.T consultant/Real Estate developer. To buy land in Enugu is a frustrating exercise coz there's an unofficial policy not to sell land to outsiders. My team and I once tried to invest in estate development there a few years back and that was our experience. The only way out was to purchase the land by proxy, which wasn't too palatable. I think a lot of your home based folks have an apprehensive disposition about selling land to non-indigenes. That's my experience anyway.

Chai, this guy who stays at Northern foreshore estate, why did u skip my question.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Gtb is not yoruba owned, I repeat it is not yoruba owned....who uses bellview these dsys, alakija we all know her story, bi Courtney... lol that one na national company abi lagos only branch, which one...so many flaws here man[/quote

No its urhobo owned grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Idiot, founder and investors are two different things, I could set up a company today and look for investors to expand..olodo

10 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 10, 2015
nwanlecha:
This thread is quite funny. I don't even care to go into all the lies the OP listed up there 'cause we Igbos are way 2 advanced globally to engage in such pettiness. But i have just one question for the OP. If the SE is so irrelevant to nigeria as u claim, y did nigeria fight the same SE so hard for three good years with the help of UK, Russia and Egypt, to have this same inconsequential SE as a part of nigeria? Pray tell.

Very deep question, I tell you my dear

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Helps Clear A Truck Causing Traffic Gridlock On Aba-Owerri Road / Atiku Weeps In Jigawa As Mammoth Crowd Chants His Name / Unforgettable Sights At The 2015 Presidential Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.