Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT (58081 Views)

NCC Remits N70 Billion Into Federation Account / NNPC Remits N1.118 Trillion Into Federation Account In One Year / Refineries To Pay Into Federation Account From 2016 – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by scholes0(m): 2:58am On Aug 10, 2015
ikechu1278:

Lmfaoooo. I think this nigga is blind. Who the heck you think made the graph posted up there. Where the heck you think anyone got it from? Chinese people? grin grin
While I'm at it, someone posted a direct link to Nnpc portal on the first page. #justsoyouknow

I don't see the breakdown of the 20%, that Is what I am referring to, smarty panties.

4 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by scholes0(m): 2:59am On Aug 10, 2015
pazienza:

Still not enough, not commensurate in any way to the amount the FG have poured into that region over the years, in the name of Agriculture. In Biafra, with similar investment,we will produce more, we have the best human resources.

lol, what would you know about Agric?
Can you grow wheat or Date palms?

5 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:31am On Aug 10, 2015
huangcheng:
The ignorance of Yorubas might give me cancer one day. See how he craftily grouped all industries and companies in Lagos and Ogun as SW owned and counted them among Yoruba companies then turned around and asked what Igbos contribute to Nigeria. grin

Emzor Pharmaceuticals - Lagos
Capital Oil - Lagos
Chi limited - Lagos
Coscharis Motors - Lagos
Visa Phone - Lagos, Ogun
Fidelity Bank - Lagos, Ogun
Diamond Bank - Lagos, Ogun
Slot limited - Lagos, Ogun
Anabel Industries - Ogun
FAN - Lagos
Numerous hotels and Private schools, Businesses, Car dealership and many other Igbo business and industries operating in the SW belongs to Yorubas and Igbo contributes nothing even if 25% of the oil and gas exported comes from the SE. I did not mention SE manufacturing hub at Abia and Anambra, Nollywood ($5.1 billion industry) headquarters at upper iweka Anambra state, Agriculture especially palm oil, cassava and rice in Imo and Ebonyi, Tourism in Enugu.

Now the question is, apart from Igbos and foreigners that dominate Lagos and Ogun manufacturing hub, how many manufacturing companies does Yorubas own in the SW? What is the Yorubas contribution to the economy of Lagos and Ogun state?

The OP said what does SE region contribute? Lagos based companies count as SW contribution, even if its Ibo owned. Until you return home and develop alaibo, the significance of Iboland in Nigeria is lost forever.

21 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by pazienza(m): 3:31am On Aug 10, 2015
scholes0:

lol, what would you know about Agric?
Can you grow wheat or Date palms?

Not much, those crops you mentioned are not traditional Igbo crops, I can only handle crops like Yam, maize and even palm fruit. But I bet Biafra can always depend on the services of Biafrans like this, in the field of Agriculture.
https://www.nairaland.com/2465224/most-accomplished-nigerian-expatriate-south

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by azzima(m): 3:38am On Aug 10, 2015
This is very frank and straight -face question ever!and thyself demands a STRAIGH answer.....no dancing around the bush or claiming of SS Oil o
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by azzima(m): 3:50am On Aug 10, 2015
willow0802:

Its a big lie, where I stay in chevron, 80 percent is owned by igbos, I repeat igbos, lekkI nko...you are just dreaming..
see how illiterate Igbos talk??we are talking about INDUSTRIES and this fool is talking about people that own homes in Chevron estate. Same thing some fool was comparing Capital Oil to Conoil or Oando? "Container! container!" mentality has really made these empty chest beaters to be myopic in thinking.

10 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by azzima(m): 4:04am On Aug 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I love this. its good to seperate the wheat from the chaff but the problem is a lot of yorubas don't really care about their environment. i tell you son.you don't contribute [b]shit

[b]SAHARA ENERGY

THE PALMS SHOPPING MALL(PERSINANAS GROUP)

GTB

ELIZADE GROUP

CAVERTON OFFSHORE GROUP

CHICKEN REPUBLIC

NICON GROUP /Air Nigeria Nicon Insurance Nigeria Re-Insurance Corporation Nicon Luxury Hotel The Nicon Group - Lagos, Nigeria - Holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others Global Fleet Oil and Gas, Nicon Hotels, Global Fleet Industries Energy Bank

DOYIN GROUP OF COMPANIES /Global Soap & Detergent Industries Limited, Consolidated Foods and Beverages Limited Doyin Pharmaceutical (Nigeria) Limited,Doyin Farms

BELLVIEW AIRLINES

PETRO INNET

MURITALA MUHAMMAD AIRPORT TERMINAL2 . IN SHORT SHITS ON EVRY DARN THING YOU WILL EVER COME UP WITH EVEN IF WE DECIDE TO STAY IN OUR HOMES FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS

BI-COURTNEY

GTB

FAIRGATE GROUP

MAIN ONE

TASTY-FRIED CHICKEN- owned your childhood

ONWARD PAPERS-owned your childhood

ELEGANZA-owned your childhood

SKYE BANK

FCMB

TANTALIZERS- owned your childhood

SWEET SENSATION-owned your childhood

ATLANTIC ENERGY

COSTAIN WEST AFRICA

AS A MATTER OF FACT FOLORUNSO ALAKIJA WILL BUY THE WHOLE IGBO RACE

i don't even need to go into details the otudeko,adenuga,otedola but if you want more food i'll give you hun

oh and by the way

Ondo state is the largest producer of cocoa in Nigeria and it accounts for 70% of Nigeria’s cocoa export .Nigeria is the 4th largest producer of cocoa in the world . its also our highest non oil export

-Oyo state is the largest producer of /Tobacco in Nigeria

-Ondo state is the largest producer of oil after the south-south

-Of the 28.6 million metric tonnes of cement produced locally in Nigeria, 14 million metric tonnes of this comes from Ogun State. i think ewekoro cement factory and ibese are owned by the Igbos grin grin

-Ogun state has the largest concentration of industries in Nigeria. Ota,sagamu and agbara

-Sagamu is the largest kola nut collecting center in the nigeria

-Osun-osogbo festival shits on every darn thing the red-mud region can gain from tourism

-Yoruba pastors control 100% of religious tourism in Nigeria

and by the way 90% of what you own in lagos is this[/b]
This got me laughing so ooooo hard. Can you imagine ??These Gala sellers?

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by scholes0(m): 4:09am On Aug 10, 2015
pazienza:

Not much, those crops you mentioned are not traditional Igbo crops, I can only handle crops like Yam, maize and even palm fruit. But I bet Biafra can always depend on the services of Biafrans like this, in the field of Agriculture.
https://www.nairaland.com/2465224/most-accomplished-nigerian-expatriate-south

lol, just stop it, there is nothing like "Biafrans", except it is a nickname of some sort.
Btw: Who designated that man the most accomplished Nigerian expatriate in SA??.... most accomplished by what standards? lol
Agriculture is not an Igbo forte....
It was one of the major faults in the declaration of secession 1967, and things haven't really changed since then. the earlier you learn to accept that the better.

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by azzima(m): 4:12am On Aug 10, 2015
huangcheng:

Oops, you sound very pained. Did i strike a nerve? Let me educate you small boy on the organizational structure of a multinational company. Muhtar Kent is the CEO of Coca-cola bottling company but he's not the owner of coca-cola. Being the head of a multinational company doesn't necessarily mean that you are the owner of said company, so please stop calling every company with a Yoruba CEO a Yoruba owned company, it'll only makes you look stupid.

I really don't like rhetoric and i assume that you haven't traveled outside SW so you're, should i say, ignorant of what happens outside your state. Capital Oil has filling stations across SW, SE and the North while Oando doesn't have any filling station in the SE. Go figure. Another thing I've noticed about Yoruba companies is that they don't grow beyond SW before they crumble, for example MainOne Cable has been in Nigeria since 2005 but it doesn't have any coverage outside Lagos and Abuja, however, MainOne source its server from Mauritania. grin

Please which company is Naija's premiere ISP? Never heard of it. Spectranet? Really? The same Spectranet owned by Oba Akiolu the Lagoon King? A service provider that cannot even cover half of Lagos state and a fraction of Ibadan. cheesy cheesy Laughable grin Now what about Swift Technology, Visa Phone, what about Zinox technology? While you're feeling sorry for yourself another Igbo man just developed cancer seeing glasses.

Small boy when it comes to technology you run and hide when Igbos are talking. Engineering is not poetry or running around with press cameras.
what is this fool saying??who is talking about CEO here when we are talking about chairman. Mike Adenuga is the chairman of Globacom, Otudeko is the Chairman of Honeywell group ,same with GTB and co. CEO's are just PAID employees. A Chairman has a majority ownership of the company. Is ifyanyi UBA the CEO of capital Oilhe is the chairman . Abeg go siddon somewhere jor!

2 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 10, 2015
pazienza:

Still not enough, not commensurate in any way to the amount the FG have poured into that region over the years, in the name of Agriculture. In Biafra, with similar investment,we will produce more, we have the best human resources.

Hey you and i know the southwest got the best technocrats and human resources. From the awolowo days to jakande and now adesina,fashola, and the likes. and infact its safe to say the south-west will gain the most from the break-up of the country which is why i've always been an odua republic advocate. the south-west is the most promising

Talk about

Ondo state's large oil reserves

Ondo state which produces 70% of Nigeria's Cocoa

The south-west has the 2nd largest bitumen deposits in the world after Canada

Religious tourism Yoruba owned churches smiley smiley

Oyo state is the largest producer of Tobacco in Nigeria and is the home of the Yoruba textile industry

Kwara and Osun state are the largest producers of potato in Nigeria

Osun state's tourism potentials

Osun state has over a billion dollars worth of gold deposits. Same in yagba west and iperindo kwara State

The largest and purest deposits of limestone in Nigeria are found in the South West . Limestone deposition in the South West region of Nigeria have been estimated at 31 million tonnes. Sagamu Ogun state has the largest limestone deposits in Nigeria . Extensive limestone deposits in the area can last for some five hundred years according to scientists and the largest Cement factory in West Africa is located in Sagamu.

Talk about technocrats like adesina and the likes

what about the sea-ports in lagos, the free trade zones

and mind you our blue-print has already been designed by the dawn commission unlike yours which is Nairaland blueprint

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by azzima(m): 4:15am On Aug 10, 2015
huangcheng:

Are these companies and industries owned by Yorubas?
is this the question that OP asked ??obviously there is no answer to give him. He asked "what is SE contributions to our National purse"

3 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by azzima(m): 4:23am On Aug 10, 2015
willow0802:

Idiot, founder and investors are two different things, I could set up a company today and look for investors to expand..olodo
now you are showing your dumb Ness. Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft though there are investors in the company, Donald Trump is the founder of trump group though he has investors, Aliko dangote is the founder of dangote group though he has investors,Steve Jobs is the founder of apple though he had investors. Every company has investors by there is what you call A MAJORITY OWNERSHIP. Sadly,none of you guys can really answer OP straight .

7 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by azzima(m): 4:24am On Aug 10, 2015
willow0802:

Idiot, founder and investors are two different things, I could set up a company today and look for investors to expand..olodo
now you are showing your dumb Ness. Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft though there are investors in the company, Donald Trump is the founder of trump group though he has investors, Aliko dangote is the founder of dangote group though he has investors,Steve Jobs is the founder of apple though he had investors. Every company has investors by there is what you call A MAJORITY OWNERSHIP. Sadly,none of you guys can really answer OP straight because there are no answers to give.

3 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by scholes0(m): 4:32am On Aug 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Osun state has over a billion dollars worth of gold deposits. [b]Same in yagba[/b]west and iperindo kwara State

You didn't even mention the massive Iron Ore deposits in same Yagba/Kogi West

The Agbaja mine is a large iron mine located in central Nigeria in the Kogi State. Agbaja represents one of the largest iron ore reserves in Nigeria and in the world having estimated reserves of 1.25 billion tonnes of ore grading 48%-53% iron (Fe) metal.

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 10, 2015
azzima:
now you are showing your dumb Ness. Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft though there are investors in the company, Donald Trump is the founder of trump group though he has investors, Aliko dangote is the founder of dangote group though he has investors,Steve Jobs is the founder of apple though he had investors. Every company has investors by there is what you call A MAJORITY OWNERSHIP. Sadly,none of you guys can really answer OP straight because there are no answers to give.

I tell you mo-fos have been selling this junk for years that they're industrious and funny enough a lot of gullible people fall for it due to the way the gypsies package it. Whenever the gypsies tell you they own businesses, what they're reffering to business is spare parts shops. what insult is greater than reffering to both "spare parts shops" and "Globacom" as businesses. isn't that blasphemous? even the Niger-deltans contribute and own more talk about the ibrus, ikhides and the bruce-brothers. The gypsies have not excelled more than Yoruba people in any kind of business at an advanced level with the exception of the long haul coach and bus business.

3 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by scholes0(m): 4:39am On Aug 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I tell you mo-fos have been selling this junk for years that they're industrious and funny enough a lot of gullible people fall for it due to the way the gypsies package it. Whenever the gypsies tell you they own businesses, what they're reffering to business is spare parts shops. what insult is greater than reffering to both "spare parts shops" and "Globacom" as businesses. isn't that blasphemous? even the Niger-deltans contribute and own more talk about the ibrus, ikhides and the bruce-brothers. The gypsies have not excelled more than Yoruba people in any kind of business at an advanced level with the exception of the long haul coach and bus business.

Now, I will take that... because I know for a fact that one is true... Igbos have excelled in the Luxury bus, long haul public transport arena, more than any other group of people in Nigeria.
see, it isn't that hard accepting the facts, when the points there are glaring.

4 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 10, 2015
scholes0:

You didn't even mention the massive Iron Ore deposits in same Yagba/Kogi West

I'm usually very careful when talking about kogi state because its not 100% yoruba. okun people only occupy 6 local governments
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by YonkijiSappo: 4:47am On Aug 10, 2015
pazienza:

Stop it right there.
The South West packs the biggest Punch when it comes to human resources in Nigeria.... They've got what I term, a cerebral economy.
That is why they completely control the service section of the Nigerian economy.
Are you even kidding me right now ....

8 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by YonkijiSappo: 4:49am On Aug 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I'm usually very careful when talking about kogi state because its not 100% yoruba. okun people only occupy 6 local governments

Agbaja is in the Okun occupied area of lokoja Local Government.
You are safe bro.

7 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Hey you and i know the southwest got the best technocrats and human resources. From the awolowo says to jakande and now adesina,fashola, and the likes. and infact its safe to say the south-west will gain the most for the break-up of the country which is why i've always been an odua republic advocate. the south-west is the most promising

Talk about

Ondo state's large oil reserves

Ondo state which produces 70% of Nigeria's Cocoa

The south-west has the 2nd largest bitumen deposits in the world after Canada

Religious tourism Yoruba owned churches smiley smiley

Oyo state is the largest producer of Tobacco in Nigeria and is the home of the Yoruba textile industry

Kwara and Osun state are the largest producers of potato in Nigeria

Osun state's tourism potentials

Osun state has over a billion dollars worth of gold deposits. Same in yagba west and iperindo kwara State

The largest and purest deposits of limestone in Nigeria are found in the South West . Limestone deposition in the South West region of Nigeria have been estimated at 31 million tonnes. Sagamu Ogun state has the largest limestone deposits in Nigeria . Extensive limestone deposits in the area can last for some five hundred years according to scientists and the largest Cement factory in West Africa is located in Sagamu.

Talk about technocarts like adesina and the likes

what about the sea-ports in lagos, the free trade zones

and mind you our blue-print has already been designed by the dawn commission unlike yours which is Nairaland blueprint

Abeg make we divide this country,that's d only way this people will leave Lagos

3 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I love this. its good to seperate the wheat from the chaff but the problem is a lot of yorubas don't really care about their environment. i tell you son.you don't contribute [b]shit

[b]SAHARA ENERGY

THE PALMS SHOPPING MALL(PERSINANAS GROUP)

GTB

ELIZADE GROUP

CAVERTON OFFSHORE GROUP

CHICKEN REPUBLIC

NICON GROUP /Air Nigeria Nicon Insurance Nigeria Re-Insurance Corporation Nicon Luxury Hotel The Nicon Group - Lagos, Nigeria - Holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others Global Fleet Oil and Gas, Nicon Hotels, Global Fleet Industries Energy Bank

DOYIN GROUP OF COMPANIES /Global Soap & Detergent Industries Limited, Consolidated Foods and Beverages Limited Doyin Pharmaceutical (Nigeria) Limited,Doyin Farms

BELLVIEW AIRLINES

PETRO INNET

MURITALA MUHAMMAD AIRPORT TERMINAL2 . IN SHORT SHITS ON EVRY DARN THING YOU WILL EVER COME UP WITH EVEN IF WE DECIDE TO STAY IN OUR HOMES FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS

BI-COURTNEY

FAIRGATE GROUP

MAIN ONE

TASTY-FRIED CHICKEN- owned your childhood

ONWARD PAPERS-owned your childhood

ELEGANZA-owned your childhood

SKYE BANK

FCMB

TANTALIZERS- owned your childhood

SWEET SENSATION-owned your childhood

ATLANTIC ENERGY

COSTAIN WEST AFRICA

AS A MATTER OF FACT FOLORUNSO ALAKIJA WILL BUY THE WHOLE IGBO RACE

i don't even need to go into details the otudeko,adenuga,otedola but if you want more food i'll give you hun

oh and by the way

Ondo state is the largest producer of cocoa in Nigeria and it accounts for 70% of Nigeria’s cocoa export .Nigeria is the 4th largest producer of cocoa in the world . its also our highest non oil export

-Oyo state is the largest producer of /Tobacco in Nigeria

-Ondo state is the largest producer of oil after the south-south

-Of the 28.6 million metric tonnes of cement produced locally in Nigeria, 14 million metric tonnes of this comes from Ogun State. i think ewekoro cement factory and ibese are owned by the Igbos grin grin

-Ogun state has the largest concentration of industries in Nigeria. Ota,sagamu and agbara

-Sagamu is the largest kola nut collecting center in the nigeria

-Osun-osogbo festival shits on every darn thing the red-mud region can gain from tourism

-Yoruba pastors control 100% of religious tourism in Nigeria

and by the way 90% of what you own in lagos is this[/b]
Let quote u abeg,I go need am later

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 10, 2015
yemaldo:

Let quote u abeg,I go need am later

No problem egbon
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by OfoIgbo: 5:40am On Aug 10, 2015
princdebola201:

Ondo states produces more oil than all south east states your analysis re inconsequential
Imo produces more oil than Ondo
Abia produces more oil than Ondo
Anambra produces more oil than Ondo

And btw, Anambra and Imo have the largest gas reserves in Nigeria grin

If The Igbo-speaking areas of Delta and Rivers state were to be merged as one state, the state will be producing more oil than any other state in Nigeria. So Igbos are well sorted

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 10, 2015
princdebola201:
Have come across people from south East region, in any arguement they re quick to mention that without igbo Nigeria cannot survive, they boast of Oil and industries in their region , they call SW and NORTH names like parasite,thieves..

We all know 80% of crude oil comes from south south. 12% from ondo. And 8% from south eastRegion( because ondo produces more barrels of oil than S.E states)

80% Agricultural products are Mainly from North and south west

In terms of industrial concentration Lagos and Ogun are the most industrialised states in Nigeria, from south west region

This re the three basic things that generate income for FG
(CRUDE OIL, AGRICULTURE. AND INDUSTRIES)

my questions are

1.WHAT ARE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION TO FEDERATION ACCOUNT ..?

2. AT WHAT PERCENTAGE COMPARE TO OTHERS..?

Abia State occupies around 5,834km 2 , and is
bordered on the north and north-east by
Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi, to the east and
south-east by Cross River and Akwa Ibom, to the
south by Rivers and to the west by Imo. It has
heavy rainfall of about 2,400mm per year
between April to October, and the most
important rivers in the state are the Imo and
Aba rivers that flow into the Atlantic Ocean. The
capital is Umuahia, although the major
commercial activities happen in Aba.
In 1991 the State was created from Imo State,
and it is one of the nine states of the Niger
Delta region - an area well known to cover the
oil producing states of the country. Abia is not
just an oil producing state though; it also adds a
rich agricultural importance to the economy of
Nigeria with crops like yam, maize, potatoes,
rice, cashew, plantain and cassava.
The closest airports to Abia State are Sam
Mbakwe Cargo Airport Owerri, which is an
hour’s drive away; Port Harcourt International
Airport, two hours drive away; and Akwa Ibom
Airport which is about 45 minutes drive away.
Rail is another means of travel, but currently
under revitalisation. The coastal parts of the
state are equally accessible by boat or canoe.
Anambra State - Light of the Nation
The state’s name comes from ‘Oma Mbala', the
native name of the Anambra River. Its
boundaries are formed by Imo and Rivers to the
south, Delta State to the west, Enugu State to
the east and Kogi State to the north.
The capital of the Anambra is Akwa but Onitsha
and Nnewi are the largest commercial and
industrial cities, respectively. The population of
these cities is 98% Igbo and 2% Igala, who are
mostly from the north-western part of the state.
Anambra is rich in natural gas, crude oil and
ceramics, and has almost completely arable soil.
Ebonyi State - Salt of the Nation
The capital of Ebonyi State is Abakaliki. The state
was among the new additions made by the then
Military Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha in
1996. Ebonyi is primarily agricultural and stands
out as a leading producer of rice, yam, potatoes,
maize, beans and cassava. Apart from
agriculture, the state also has deposits of crude
oil and natural gas.
There are nine major first languages spoken in
Ebonyi State. These languages are all sub-groups
of the Igbo language spoken by all Igbo people
of south-eastern Nigeria.
Enugu State - Coal City State
Enugu is the capital city of Enugu State and is
located in south-eastern Nigeria. The other
major cities in the state are Udi and Nsukka.
The state shares boundaries with Abia, Imo,
Ebonyi, Benue, Kogi and Anambra.
Enugu is blessed with favourable climatic
conditions all year round. Economically, the
state is predominantly rural and agrarian, with a
substantial proportion of it's working population
engaged in farming - although trading and
services are also important. In the urban areas
trading is the dominant occupation, followed by
services.
Imo State - The Eastern Heartland (Land of
Hope)
Imo State was created in 1976 under the
leadership of the late military ruler General
Murutala Muhammed, taking its name from the
Imo River. Owerri is its capital and largest city.
Part of Imo State split off in 1991 as Abia State,
and another part became Ebonyi State. The
major cities in Imo State are Owerri, Orlu and
Okigwe.
Imo State covers an area of around 5,100km 2.
It is bordered by Abia State to the east, by the
River Niger and Delta State to the west, by
Anambra State to the north and Rivers State to
the south.
The state is rich in natural resources including
crude oil, natural gas, lead, zinc, iroko,
mahogany, obeche, rubber trees and oil palms.
The rainy season begins in April and lasts until
October with annual rainfall varying from
1,500mm to 2,200mm. The dry season includes
two months of Harmattan from late December
to late February. The hottest months are
between January and March.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 10, 2015
dokiOloye:
Yoruba open-mindedness and liberalism?
Really?
Have U ever given any Igbo man even a free cup of water in that Ur lagos?
Abeg,make we hear word.
Just admit that d Igbos have out-hustled U guys in Ur very backyard and stop deceiving Urself that d success of d Igbo man in Lagos is due to d magnanimity of his host.That one na big lie.

Yep yep out-hustled us in this

5 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 10, 2015
huangcheng:

I've warned your brothers to stop calling Multinational companies YORUBA businesses.

Honeywell Groups

Headquarters: Morristown, NJ, United States of America
CEO: David M. Cote
Founder: Mark C. Honeywell

Skye Bank

A merger of 5 different banks (Prudent Merchant Bank, EIB International Bank Plc., Bond Bank Limited, Reliance Bank Limited, Co-operative Bank Plc) to form Skye bank in 2006.

Everyone knows that Yorubas cannot run a successful business without Govt contract or kickbacks, just see what our Insurance sector where Yorubas dominate have become. Our insurance has been reduced to a mere "yahoo yahoo" enterprise. Please which IT and Telecom sector do yorubas dominate? You mean Nairaland IT company? grin grin

Oando beats Capital oil in what exactly? undecided We're talking about someone who owns the biggest tank farm in West Africa with a capacity of over 200 million liters and you're talking about filling stations. grin grin This is laughable to be honest. Dude, Yoruba business is a joke. Anyone who employs a Yoruba person to manage his business will be doing a disservice to his company. The likes of Kingsway, Bata, PZ, Floor mills, and many other run down businesses are examples of Yoruba management. Just look at how Nairaland is being run and you'll understand how efficient Yoruba conduct their business.

I already told you before that you lack knowledge son and you know the funny thing? your fellow ignorant biafrogs upvoted your comment grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There's difference between Honeywell Group and Honeywell International.inc. the one below is owned by Oba otudeko

8 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by huptin(m): 6:10am On Aug 10, 2015
willow0802:

Gtb is not yoruba owned, I repeat it is not yoruba owned....who uses bellview these dsys, alakija we all know her story, bi Courtney... lol that one na national company abi lagos only branch, which one...so many flaws here man

Fola Adeola founded GTB in conjunction with the late Tayo Aderinokun....those names sound french, don't they?

14 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by kettykin: 6:24am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

You are nothing but a jealous yes.bo dolt. Oba Otudeko heads Honeywell group. That your region has failed to attract big multinationals is not Yorubaman's fault. Your response still didn't refute the fact that our banks dominate our region.

Guy, you are trying too hard to sound smart but you can are typical igbo 419er. Capital oil is in receivership and ifeanyi uba is scamner cum (his coscharis scam cones readily to mind) oil importer and nothing more. How many filling stations does he have in Lagos and Nationwide? It is a CRIME and Blasphemous to compare Capital oil to Oando.

MainOne cable is owned and operated by Yorubas. Naija's premiere ISP, Spectranet, is a a Yoruba business. Go and ask IrokoTv which ethnicity drives their I.T department -- SW unis churn out the best and brightest I.T experts. Cc hub, Naija's premiere I.T incubator is owned and run by Yorubas.

I repeat, our engineers and tycoons dominate the Telecom sector (Adenuga).

Spectranet is not owned by yorubas but by Indians, Iroko TV is not driven by yoruba IT engineers unless you mean desktop, network engineers, some of the best IT entrepreneurs in the world like Chinedu Echeruo, Ndubuisi Ekekwe, kenneth Nwabueze, Wilson nweke are igbos.

The largest and most succesful telecommunications company in Nigeria mtn has an igbo in charge as CTO.

Moreover the IT industry in nigeria is not developed to any extent so claiming to control the an undeveloped industry which the owner of IrokoTv and others are pulling funds to develop is a joke.

5 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 10, 2015
huangcheng:
The ignorance of Yorubas might give me cancer one day. See how he craftily grouped all industries and companies in Lagos and Ogun as SW owned and counted them among Yoruba companies then turned around and asked what Igbos contribute to Nigeria. grin

Emzor Pharmaceuticals - Lagos
Capital Oil - Lagos
Chi limited - Lagos
Coscharis Motors - Lagos
Visa Phone - Lagos, Ogun
Fidelity Bank - Lagos, Ogun
Diamond Bank - Lagos, Ogun
Slot limited - Lagos, Ogun
Anabel Industries - Ogun
FAN - Lagos
Numerous hotels and Private schools, Businesses, Car dealership and many other Igbo business and industries operating in the SW belongs to Yorubas and Igbo contributes nothing even if 25% of the oil and gas exported comes from the SE. I did not mention SE manufacturing hub at Abia and Anambra, Nollywood ($5.1 billion industry) headquarters at upper iweka Anambra state, Agriculture especially palm oil, cassava and rice in Imo and Ebonyi, Tourism in Enugu.

Now the question is, apart from Igbos and foreigners that dominate Lagos and Ogun manufacturing hub, how many manufacturing companies does Yorubas own in the SW? What is the Yorubas contribution to the economy of Lagos and Ogun state?

OLE FAN milk is owned by some danish guys but was founded by ERIC EMBORG and the current chairman is OBA OTUDEKO

8 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by princdebola201(m): 6:39am On Aug 10, 2015
OfoIgbo:

Imo produces more oil than Ondo
Abia produces more oil than Ondo
Anambra produces more oil than Ondo

And btw, Anambra and Imo have the largest gas reserves in Nigeria grin

If The Igbo-speaking areas of Delta and Rivers state were to be merged as one state, the state will be producing more oil than any other state in Nigeria. So Igbos are well sorted
they produces oil more than Ondo, give me a convincing fact
The Last time I check Ondo recieves more allocation than any south East state

3 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by ARIZONA123(m): 6:42am On Aug 10, 2015
superstar1:
They contribute nothing apart from crimes and disgracing the good name of Nigeria with their crimes at international level.
. Superstupid1. Aka after1 I knw you will be on this thread. But I am here to spoil the show for you. Abimbola posted new picx in her facebook accnt. Her picx is already in our net. Yinmuuu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by splashbaby(m): 6:42am On Aug 10, 2015
willow0802:

U still haven't answered me, where do you live.
The idiot dey fear... Son of a stinking akpu eating coward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Many Die During Stampede At APC Rally In Rivers / Akpabio, Amaechi & Ekere Watching UEFA Final Together / Hotel Demolition: Sowore Reacts "Wike Is Mad, He’ll Pay For His Sins One Day!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.