Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT (57826 Views)

NCC Remits N70 Billion Into Federation Account / NNPC Remits N1.118 Trillion Into Federation Account In One Year / Refineries To Pay Into Federation Account From 2016 – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

you keep proving me right.... your IQ cannot make you recall your ironic statement.... maybe you will recalled it much later using your pentium I brain

Look at the kid talking about IQ? grin grin grin
Answer the damn question and quit shouting " i.q, iq as if you just discover the two letters.

Wonder shall never end.

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT?

Don't worry I will remain you night mare kid
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

IQ,IQ,IQ is all you've been salivating..
Provide the damn answer sonofhell

kid you are a bore.....an unworthy opponent...... keep waiting for your answer.....mumu......this thread is so filled with answers that even a person with an IQ of 60 will grab....

keep waiting o pls......
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by cunlay007(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ur comment on this issue makes one beliv u not intelligent and finite reasoning level is low hw dare u talk abt Switzerland when u know little or nothing abt,let me inform ur deformed brain and mind this country enjoy good Tax policy dat inhibits Tax heaven for world major companies Google can also help refresh ur biafra mind that they have stable economy freedom wit minimal population growth,am sure I can lecture ur yam head and village head without having 2 monitize it think inward and stop using vulgar language,best blive me it's worthless trying to configure ur fufu brain.

SonOfEl:

another mad kid on the loose....... even if I want to agree to your FALLACY about not having seaport, what happened to Switzerland and Luxembourg? I don't argue with kids.

2 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

kid you are a bore.....an unworthy opponent...... keep waiting for your answer.....mumu......this thread is so filled with answers that even a person with an IQ of 60 will grab....

keep waiting o pls......

You mean these junk/spams you provided?
Which was base on individual achievement and what ebonyi rice production?

Provide us a stats/fact that's states what SE contribute to the fed acc, not what ebonyin dombo! grin

I will remain you nightmare

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

Look at the kid talking about IQ? grin grin grin
Answer the damn question and quit shouting " i.q, iq as if you just discover the two letters.

Wonder shall never end.

Don't worry I will remain you night mare kid

your intelligence is an apology, it amazes me.....you go ask tire today...... cowards rubbing shoulders with survivors.....
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

your intelligence is an apology, it amazes me.....you go ask tire today...... cowards rubbing shoulders with survivors.....

Bla bla bla

Olodo look how you just disgraced yourself?
You could have safe yourself this embarrassment..olodo sonofhell grin

Let me sing for you ; Sonofhell oloodo rabataa..oju eja loomo je

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
cunlay007:
Ur comment on this issue makes one beliv u not intelligent and finite reasoning level is low hw dare u talk abt Switzerland when u know little or nothing abt,let me inform ur deformed brain and mind this country enjoy good Tax policy dat inhibits Tax heaven for world major companies Google can also help refresh ur biafra mind that they have stable economy freedom wit minimal population growth,am sure I can lecture ur yam head and village head without having 2 monitize it think inward and stop using vulgar language,best blive me it's worthless trying to configure ur fufu brain.

*claps for you* oh...so you know?

God..... am enjoying this.....
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

Bla bla bla

Olodo look how you just disgraced yourself?
You could have safe yourself this embarrassment..olodo sonofhell grin

Let me sing for you ; Sonofhell oloodo rabataa..oju eja loomo je

sissy......sing more for me.......inferior being....just like watching a monkey dance.

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

sissy......sing more for me.......inferior being....just like watching a monkey dance.

Honestly? You deserve countless e-slap walai tailai sonofhell
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonofHell come here and answer the damn question now or I slap u?

Sonofhell wey u dey?

2 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

Honestly? You deserve countless e-slap walai tailai sonofhell

put your words to action, if not, you are a first class coward kid.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:
SonofHell come here and answer the damn question now or I slap u?

Sonofhell wey u dey?

keep singing....
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

keep singing....
Damn kid. That ain't a song, it's a question grin
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

put your words to action, if not, you are a first class coward kid.

You know? I will hunt you on NL till you beg kid

You brought this upon yourself...

Now answer the damn question SonofHell
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
princdebola201:

Igbos stand tall in Lagos

With 419 fraud business

Fake drugs business

Fake cd's and piracy business

Galla and lacasera selling business

Okirika and bend down select business

Drug peddling business

Arm robbery business

Kidnapping business

Expired goods business

Counterfeit goods business

With all these I can agree with you that your flat head brothers stand tall on lagos because of their crime business

Back to the topic of the thread

lliterate the question of the thread is what re the contributions of 5 states in south east region and at what percentage

If you have the basic facts and figures to counter the thread you can qoute me, if not
GET OUT..!!! And stop qouting me

YORUBA - THE CAPTAIN OF THE SCAM INDUSTRY OF NIGERIA

Just to keep the record straight, let me remind the parasitic tribe of Yaribanza people what their Odua Islamic Republic of Ritual-killers (OIRR) are known for:

1. Ritual killers, kidnappers, cannibals n human parts merchants
2. Fetish Juju charmers
3. Deadly cultists - Ogboni, Pyrates,  Eiye confra; Soyinka
4. Child kidnappers aka Gbomogbomo
5. Evil forest merchants of death
6. Barbaric Rapists 
7. Experts in Incestuous relations - Obj n d likes
8. Notorious armed robbers - Oyenusi, Godogodo
9. Central Bank used notes robbers
10. Treasury Looters - MKO AbiOLE, Grand Commander of Frustrated Robbers OLEsegun Obj, Thief-nubu, Fashole, ShOLEkan, Bode ROGUE, BankOLE, AkingbOLE, Jimoh Ibhm 
11. International Credit card scammers and Social Security (number) fraudsters  
12. Company wreckers aka pencil robbers 
13. Certificates forgers - Oluwole; Toronto, E bola Thief-nubu Ivy League University affidavit
14. International Terrorists - Adebolajo,  Adebowale (Woolwich attack) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9DbRMIlQ5A

15. International drug peddlers - Thief-nubu, Buruji Kashamu
16. Political thugs aka politicians e.g. Gbajabiamila
17. Street urchins aka Area boys
18. Notorious Assassins n murderers - (cases: Bola Ige, Funso Williams)
19. Bloody Tribalists
20. Notorious propagandists
21. Political liars n History distortionists aka Yoruba lawyers n professors
22. Loud, foul-mouthed Noise makers
23. Coward coup plotters - Oladipo Diya, Abdulkarim Adisa 
24. Treacheerous Back-stabbers...

2 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

You know? I will hunt you on NL till you beg kid
You brought this upon yourself...

Now answer the damn question SonofHell

*yawns* seriously, you bore me.....you are too low...
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

*yawns* seriously, you bore me.....you are too low...

Sonofhell
I warned you. Now answer me now or i'll make sure you have a sleepless night?
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:
Damn kid. That ain't a song, it's a question grin

wow.....are those rap lyrics? cos you are a complete joke.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

wow.....are those rap lyrics? cos you are a complete joke.

Look at the donbo who can not provide simple answer.
You should have realised you don't have the brain grin

Now you are crying : had I know abi?
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

Look at the donbo who can not provide simple answer. You should have realised you don't have the brain grin
Now you are crying : had I know abi?
*this slowpoke still thinks he/she has won a trophy in this thread*
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Obipat(m): 10:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
princdebola201:
why is your blood so hot , I didn't made mention of tribe, go back to the topic and stop displaying act of illiteracy
u are a la.zy foo.l, how many company is being owned by ur la.zy yorubad ppl. Jealousy will kill u
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

Sonofhell
I warned you. Now answer me now or i'll make sure you have a sleepless night?

wow....kiddo, this self importance of yours is terrific... you go ask your stupid question tire today...
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 10:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

wow....kiddo, this self importance of yours is terrific... you go ask your stupid question tire today...

See this spammer/kid grin
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

grin grin grin he's feeling funky grin
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

See this spammer/kid grin
when you are done asking, let me know....
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

grin grin grin he's feeling funky grin
he is feeling intelligent....
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

he is feeling intelligent....

Yes i'm, and that's cos you've proved to me that u are not.

Now prove i'm wrong and answer the question, olodo? grin

You this mummy's boi I sorry for yaa
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

when you are done asking, let me know....

You see? You are nothing but a robot/a spammer. ? grin
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 15, 2015
tonychristopher:

This piece was prompted by what I saw as benign ignorance amongst some of our Ibo folks and because such ignorance is music to the ears of some other people and Yoruba in particular. In more than one occasion my friends and other Ibo have advanced the argument that if Ibo was that smart, how come Yorubas dominated the commerce industry in Nigeria? What they meant were the domination of Yoruba in the banking, insurance industries, Coco Cola and some other surviving industries. In one particular occasion a friend revealed to me that he recently discovered that the reason why some Yoruba are so wealthy is because they were smart enough to invest their money in corporate stocks and bonds (not realizing that Yoruba actually stolen those corporations) while Ibo is busy engaging in buying and selling. The Yoruba will like people to continue to believe that story, that it was because they were smart that they were able to do all these great investments in the commerce industry. One relevant question that I always managed to ask my interlocutors is whether they were aware of the indigenization decree of 1972, master minded by Awolowo and the Yoruba and the ramifications of that policy, as will be expected, the answer ranged from, I have heard of it but does not understand what it actually meant to I have not heard of the policy. Listening to this ignorance induced perspective from my friends made my heart to skip a beat, realizing that the task of bridging this information gap is not going to be a child’s play. What is disconcerting is that some in their benign induced ignorance believe that the effect of indigenization is inconsequential at this time because it happened about forty years ago. This piece is therefore for those that are educable and for those that have the capacity to appreciate the magnitude and most importantly for those that can relate that gigantic economic event that reshaped the economic foundation on which Nigerian economy settled on after the British/Biafran war and as well as relate our present economic malaise to that economic foundation engendered by indigenization.

There is no doubt that most people, particularly those that do not have either basic or international economics background are overwhelmed by the subject of INDIGENIZATION OF FOREIGN COMPANIES IN NIGERIA because of their inability to understand the economics of it and the efficacies to make the necessary connections and relate it to the present economic doldrums, some simply brush it aside or worse, simple minimize its far reaching implications particularly on the Ibo. In so doing, majority of us dabble into analysis of how terrible Ibo has managed their affairs since after the civil war, while leaving out a huge chunk of the elements that need to be factored into their analysis. The unspeakable effect of the policy of indigenization on the Ibo was wicked and dastardly. The economic damage on the Ibo is impossible to calculate. The psychological toll on the Ibo is still reverberating amongst the Ibo today and creating identity crisis. Some folks will argue that we should drop the subject because it happened forty years ago, which is equivalent to saying that because slavery, Jim crow and the holocaust happened years ago, and for that reason, they have no relevance in today’s analysis. How can any credible analysis of American history not include slavery and its implications, or how can any Jewish history not include the holocaust and its implications and effects, but that is what some folks want us to do, to avoid or forget one of the most devastating economic policies that changed the economic landmark of Nigeria, second to the genocide of more than a million Ibo committed by the same man, Awo, and still arrive at any meaningful analysis. I believe that the incredulity that any ethnic group is capable of visiting such devastation on another is still an obstacle that the subject is struggling against and must overcome. It is not that most people do not know what happen, it is simply that they do not what to believe that it happened because it is mind bending. I also believe that if we do not tell the story over and over, the Yorubas will not tell and neither will the Hausa tell it, as a matter of fact they always wish that it will go away. So whether they like it or not, we must continue to broadcast what happened until people start to understand the effect of the policy not only on the Ibo but on the nation as a whole. Suffice to say that after Awo and the Yoruba succeeded in executing the indigenization decree and became overnight millionaires, many Ibo packed their bags and left Lagos to the east –ala Ibo, where they shortly died out of heart break because some of them also suffered the deprivation of their properties due to abandon property policy in Lagos and Port harcourt.

WHAT ENGENDERED THE INDIGENIZATION POLICY?

It is no more news worthy to point out that before the civil war that Ibo out of their capacity for honesty, to work hard, to produce, to innovate, to manage, create and persevere were able to penetrate all facets of Nigerian endeavor, when the British used merit as a yard stick. It is an irrefragable fact that even Yoruba would not dare challenge that fact, if not, what started the Yoruba hate, envy and jealousy against the Ibo in the first place, Yoruba and Hausa claimed that Ibo was dominating everything in the country but what they will not acknowledge publicly was the fact that the British were making the decisions about who to hire by their own standard and not by Ibo standard and that Ibo was good at what they did and better than them. The Yoruba and Hausa wanted not only equal opportunity they also wanted equal outcome regardless of effort and everyone knows that that is impossible.

There is one very important fact in my analysis that I want everyone to get, and that is that before the civil war, Nigeria as a nation did not have an economic of its own. Let me say it again, that Nigeria as a nation before the British/Biafran civil war did not have an economy of its own. I emphasized that point in other to say that whatever seemed like Nigerian economy were British owned. Put differently, if you excluded few of the regional cooperatives and some joint ventures businesses which were mostly British engineered to make buying raw materials easy for the British, ever y other aspect of the economy were owned majorly by the British, even the military, given the fact that almost every military supply came from Britain. It is then save to say that British investment in Nigeria amounted to a great totality of Nigerian economy or that Nigerian economy was at that time synonymous to the total investment of the British.

Below, courtesy of Africa today are the list of some of the companies that constituted Nigerian economy before the war that the Yoruba stole in one swoop, spanning the insurance companies like Lloyd’s of London and all the banks in Nigeria owned one way or the other by the British. This is but a partial list of what constituted the British investment in Nigerian economy.

“Pharmaceutical Nigeria Plc ,May and Baker Nigeria Plc,Vitafoam Nigeria Plc,Wahum Nigeria Limited ,CAP Nigeria Plc , International Paints of West Africa [IPWA], Berger Paints Nigeria Plc, Berec Nigeria Limited, Kabelmetal, Nigeria Bottling Company Plc, Leventis Nigeria Plc ,West African Portland Cement Company,[Lafarge ],Wema Bank Nigeria Plc, Scoa Nigeria Plc ,CFAO Nigeria Plc, Cadbury Nigeria Plc, Wemaboard Estates, Odua Group, Livestock Feeds Nigeria Plc , Nigerian Breweries Plc, new nigerian Bank, Batta, Kingsway Stores, Crittal Hope (Nigeria) Limited, Mushin, Lagos State. Dunlop (Nig.) Industries Plc, Ikeja, Lagos State. Galvanising Industries Limited, Ikeja, Lagos State. Nigeria Construction & Water Resources Development Company Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State Nigerian Wire & Cable Plc, Ibadan, Oyo State Nigerite PLC, Ikeja, Lagos State Nipol Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State Odu'a Textile Industries Limited, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State Soleh Boneh Overseas (Nigeria) Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State Vono Products Plc, Mushin, Lagos State Wema Bank Plc, Marina, Lagos West African Portland Cement Plc, Ikeja, Lagos State Great Nigeria Insurance PLC, Ikoyi, Lagos State Glanvill Enthoven & Company Limited ◦Guinness (Nig.) Plc, Ikeja, Lagos State. ◦International Breweries Plc, Ilesa, Osun State. ◦Macmillian Publishers (Nig) Limited, Ilupeju, Lagos ◦Nestle Food (Nig) Plc, Ikeja, Lagos State ◦Nidogas Company Limited, Lagos State ◦Niger Mills Company Limited, Calabar, Cross River State ◦Nigerian Aluminium Extrusions Limited, Lagos ◦SKG-Pharma (Nig.) Limited, Lagos ◦Tower Aluminium (Nig.) Plc, Lagos ◦U. A. C. of Nigeria Plc., Lagos etc.

The necessity of inserting this partial list of the companies/assets that existed before the war was to give the reader a sense of the extent of what the issue is all about and who owned what and when. The Yoruba hardly owned much of anything or any of these assets listed above except in some regional joint cooperative ventures with the British.

The story went like this, before the war the Ibo dominated the economic work force followed by the Yoruba, when British/Biafran war started, Ibo, for their safety left their jobs in different parts of the country to return to the east, the Ibo land. After the end of the war, the Ibo went back to seek for their jobs that they left for security reasons, the Yoruba who took advantage and occupied the positions that Ibo left decided that they will not relinquish those position because according to the Yoruba, Ibo abandoned their positions and do not deserve their position back, reminiscent of the abandon property thievery in Port Harcourt River State and Lagos. However, a dynamic developed as Ibo every morning dressed up and went and occupied the lobbies of their different offices that they used to work in. Tell me, if this is not manifest bravery of the highest order ever exhibited by any group in Nigeria and we are talking about days and weeks immediately after the war was declared over. But the final say as to whether or not the positions that Ibo left for dire life was going to be declared abandoned rested on the British that owned these companies. As the back and forth went on, the British started angling to make an economic decision because they understood the difference between the Ibo worker and the Yoruba worker and the three years of the civil war made that difference even more crystal clear to the British, if not, why would the British bother to accommodate the Ibo after such a long time? What became clear to the Yoruba was that the British were willing to make extra provision to re-absorb the Ibo any way possible. Yoruba was not ready to tolerate any of that because they knew that it was a matter of time before the wheat will be separated from the shaft that Ibo will assume their prominent positions. In order to prevent the British from re-absorbing the Ibo into these British owned companies, the corporate Yoruba decided to solicit the help of Awolowo who was then the finance minister and chairman of the federal military council.

This is where a plan was hashed to wrest the control of these companies, consisting of banks, insurance companies, corporations of different kinds and types from the British. The best way Awo and his cabal found fit was to convince Gowon and the military leadership who in all probability have never had the word indigenization in their lives to promulgate the INDIGENIZATION DECREE in 1972 that stipulated that every foreign owned venture must transfer majority ownership to Nigerian indigenes within a year of the promulgation of the decree or they will forfeit the assets of the company to the Nigerian government. (Emphasis within a year) As expected, the British were caught off guide, not understanding the motive behind the policy, the British thought it was a dream or a joke that will go away, particularly given the fact that they just won the war against the Ibo for the Yoruba and Hausa. After exhausting six months out of the one year in their bid to reverse the decree, the British became frantic and concluded that they could not reverse the decree and went about trying to salvage whatever they could. What was worst was that the British did not even have enough time to evaluate the worth of their ventures because of the limited time the decree allowed, courtesy of Awo and cabal. The situation gave chaos a new name because the British were in chaos. So the first problem the British ran into was limited time that they couldn’t figure what the value of majority of their ventures were, they could not tell how much to sell them for. Mind you that this was happening within a year after the end of the civil war. At this time the Yoruba was running every conceivable federal ministries, departments and agencies plus all the corporations listed above and more that the British owned. It is important to point out that the north had little or no presence in the commerce economy of the country before the war and after the war except in the military leadership and infantry. The economy of the country was dominated by Ibo first and Yoruba second before the war. In order to solidify the economic dominance that the Yoruba attained during and after the war and to make their position even more potent in acquiring the British spoils, Awo as the finance minister and chairman of the federal military council and his Yoruba cabal decided to economically emasculate the Ibo understanding

a) That Yoruba was fully running every conceivable federal parastatals

b) That Yoruba was running every conceivable corporation that the British owned or had majority ownership as listed above.

c) That Yoruba was managing all the Nigerian banks, insurance corporations, National shipping line, Nigerian airways, Nigerian’s Ports authority, Nigerian Railways and all the ministries, Departments and Agencies conceivable.

Decided to destroy whatever was left of the Ibo and putting a finishing touch to it by

a) Stealing through confiscating all the millions of pounds that Ibo had in all the Nigerian banks

b) Offering every Ibo person £20 pounds regardless of how many millions they had in the Nigerian banks before the war.

c) Militarizing every part of Ibo land.

d) Rendering every Ibo without exception a pauper.

e) Banning every importation of stock fish and used clothes to deprive the Ibo of any economic ability to compete with the Yoruba in buying into the British assets.

When that day of infamy arrived for the British to start selling their assets, Igbo having been disenfranchised and emasculated in any and every way stood on the sideline watching the Yoruba in their glee as they scrambled to obtain loans from their Yoruba dominated banks to make the most minimal of offers to the British as there were no competitions. The British had no choice but to accept any offer as the alternative was losing everything to the federal government. The British lost pretty much all their investment to the Yoruba whose stock in trade is robbing and stealing any and everything they can get their hands on. Thousands of Yoruba became millionaires overnight and there was jubilation and owanbe all over Yoruba land. Yoruba had parties day and night and weekends. They closed streets to display their new found wealth as they partied. That day marked the economic death of Nigeria, that day marked the death of Nigerian’s aspiration to join the civilized world. The implication was enormous and it sent a shock wave throughout the Ibo land, It was a dark history day, it was a day of manifest wickedness and viciousness, Ibo was dumbfounded, the days that followed were days of economic , social and psychological morose and confusion that are still lingering today within the Ibo. It might be hard to accept but Awo got the Ibo good and the country as well, he brought the Ibo to his knees economically at least temporarily and Ibo has never recovered from that one blow seven akpus in any appreciable way but Nigeria as whole is worse off for it. I believe that what was more devastating was that Ibo had no place or body to turn to. To be blunt, Awo decapitated the Ibo leadership and through Ibo into great confusion.

It is important to note that by this singular act of INDIGENIZATION DECREE engineered by the Yoruba, the Yoruba de facto constituted the new economic foundation, the sole owner and manager of Nigerian economy without any rivals. So, for those that have wondered why Ibo became traders, this is the why. The Yoruba will not let any Ibo near the management of any of these stolen corporations, will not let Ibo buy any shares of these corporations for decades following the heist. Now, some people without the capacity to comprehend the full seismic implication of this economic shift and restructuring will want us to believe that this does not matter and I will beg to disagree because it is like everything else, the foundation of everything matters and determines the success or failure, be it a house or business. As time has revealed, Yoruba stealing and forming the economic foundation for Nigeria was a bad idea and a monumental disaster. For the ignorants, all things being equal (in a fair fight) the Yoruba knew it, the British knew it, the Ibo knew it and the world knew it that the Yoruba did not possess the capacity, creativity, drive, perseverance, hard work and the competence to do what some are crediting to it if they did not conspire to steal not only from the British and Ibo but from everybody else that had any assets in Nigeria. The apparent dominant control the Yoruba has on the economy since after the war was not out of great honest smartness or creativity or innovation or hard work or competence but out of share robbery of the British and Ibo sweat and hard work. I believe that the question that the benign ignorant should be asking going forward is what did Yoruba do with all these assets and corporations that they stole? How did the country fair under the Yoruba management of the Nigerian economy? How did the Yoruba managed economy relate to today’s economic malaise. Hope they can make the connections.

My next piece will try to capture the mind blowing implications of that great heist as it relates to Nigerians and Ibo in particular and the flight of international investment from Nigerian for decades.

Fredrick.

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/The-Biafran-War/The-Greatest-Heist-in-Modern-H/the-greatest-heist-in-modern-history-by-awolowo-and-the-yorubas-.html
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by disumusa: 4:31am On Aug 15, 2015
Obipat:
u are a la.zy foo.l, how many company is being owned by ur la.zy yorubad ppl. Jealousy will kill u
the most difficult things to do is to bend head and read, than to runing up and down the raod hawking, that all ibo know, now who is lazy.

Bro, go and diffrenciate rich and wealth
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by disumusa: 4:34am On Aug 15, 2015
[quote author=disumusa post=36970970] the most difficult things to do is to bend head and read, than to be runing up and down the raod hawking, that all ibo know, now who is lazy.

Bro, go and diffrenciate riches and wealth.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Obipat(m): 7:09am On Aug 15, 2015
disumusa:
the most difficult things to do is to bend head and read, than to runing up and down the raod hawking, that all ibo know, now who is lazy.

Bro, go and diffrenciate rich and wealth
yes, yorubad read well and they will end up working for illitrate igbos, does it make sense? All the agberos in Lagos bust-stops are still educated yorubads? Lazy mother-fukas. Fuc.k u all yorubad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Helps Clear A Truck Causing Traffic Gridlock On Aba-Owerri Road / Atiku Weeps In Jigawa As Mammoth Crowd Chants His Name / Unforgettable Sights At The 2015 Presidential Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.