Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT - Politics (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT (58085 Views)

NCC Remits N70 Billion Into Federation Account / NNPC Remits N1.118 Trillion Into Federation Account In One Year / Refineries To Pay Into Federation Account From 2016 – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by nwadiuko1(m): 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
What shall It profit a poor Nigerian youth to come online and rant.....and then sleep on an empty stomach.......

@ op the tax alone that Nigerian importers of igbo origin pay is enough contribution, import like 40feet container of any item in Nigeria and clear it then you l know what's up, do so like 3 to 4 times in 2months and you l have a better understanding......am a business man and also the son of a business man so av been there......
I don't wanna get dragged down in a hate thread like this....honestly

2 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Isuata: 1:45am On Aug 13, 2015
ikechu1278:

There are three movie industry in Nigeria. Yollywood made by yoruba. Kannywood made by north and Nollywood made by Igbo's.

Yes una are attache by force. Unlike the north thstcare actually proud of their kannywood and not desperate to force themselves on Nollywood, yoloba on the other hand, as usual, due yo you ppl inability to develop your yolywood to something worth anything, you loser inferior tribe decided to attach by force to Nollywood. Pathetic disgraceful ppl

uncle!!! stop ranting incoherently

Nollywood is a collection of all movies and its productions in Nigeria- hence the term Nollywood

the appellations you just gave are sub-portions of Nollywood...... the igbo speaking movie industry had refused to consolidate on its productions and append a name it its industry for so long even African Magic couldn't create a channel for it untill recently. The initial setup of Nollywood was a movement of Nigerian movie production comprising of Nigerians of diiferent tribes...most of the movies had actors from different tribes in Nigeria. Production and distribution were done through iweka road and ebinpejo lane in parallel. Untill we can get a factual statistics of which churns out more movies amongst both........stop ascribing Nollywood as an igbo contraption..........

besides whats mentioned above......your arguements with Totit and others have been really informative to all

to be petty- i think the totit character is ahead some few points.....please gives us some more fights ...believe it or not theres money bets on these debates.....and money is on u too....

2 Likes

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Isuata: 2:30am On Aug 13, 2015
oga!!! you are loosing money oh

stop peddling this thrash on Nollywood- nobody can lay claim to Nollywood (not even the SW) use other metrics for arguements and dont drag Nollywood into it abeg...read the below and stop equating Nollwood with the starting point of 'ritual killing' based Nigerian English movies set in SE with mixed characters from accross Nigeria.

ikechu1278:

Because dimwit igbo producers and directors stopped making Igbo movies in igbo language and focused predominately in English movies due to their movie increasing popularity and they wanted to make it more global as oppose to remain in the level yorubad were hence majority of Nollywood is Igbo directed and produced. Igbo movies made in igbo language rebegan about few years ago. In fact, it Regan when yaradua was president aka highest 7 years ago.
Source: The History of Nollywood

The Nigerian movie industry (Home video Industry) a.k.a Nollywood has been typically accepted to have started-- immediately following the success of Ken Nebue’s “Living in bondage”. From then on, its expansion and attendant complications are known (by fascinated parties). However , events preceding 1992, are not popular even although a few have tried to trace the history of Nollywood. Here is an abridged edition (yet richly enlightening) from one of several articles i published concerning this topic matter.

Film exhibition began to thrive for the duration of the Colonial era, with Glover Memorial Hall playing host to a array of unforgettable films viewed by “potential Nigerians”, in August 1903. However, the non-availability of proper data reflecting the title of the debut movie exhibited has created a lapse in the precedent stock. Notwithstanding the lacuna, the way have been paved for that exhibition of additional foreign films at the Hall at identical time as other designated venues.

The emotionally traumatizing “Master – Servant” relationship, apparent in the constant assaults, batteries, intimidation, segregation, victimization, carried out while using Colonial masters on the colonized, with darkened clouds of resentment, vengeance, thirst for freedom, offering option to splattering drops of such thoughts, instinctively projected consequently of the colonized intermittent in-subordinate actions, began to distribute one of many blacks. The British realized they had to thread with caution when they even now desired to take part in “god” inside their lives when films just like Tales of Manhattan, Trailer horn, Tarzan series began to stir up a revolution in the hearts of Blacks around the globe.

Aware of the lethal energy of insurgency which could be unleashed consequently of the movie medium, the British out of fearfulness for his or her lives and achievable the loss of the Queen’s sovereignty took the bull while using horn, and swiftly created a Colonial movie Censors Board (FCB) in 1933 to censor and classify films just before they were released for visual consumption while using public. Following the establishment of the board, Films just like “The primitive, primitive man, Dixie, Buffalo Bill, The Keys of the Kingdom, Sleepy village Girl were tagged ‘suitable’ to be watched , while Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Clive of India, The Isle of Forgotten Sins, home of Frankenstein were considered as unsuitable for viewing .

The Censor’s amount underwent a transformation process into the Federal Board of movie Censors (FBFC) from your aforementioned, along while using laws from which the changed amount derived its powers ranged from your 1948 Cinematograph Laws of Nigeria, the Cinematograph Laws of 1963, towards 1963/64 Cinematograph regulation and Regulations. The existing National movie and Video Censors Board came into existence by virtue of decree, now Act 85 of 1993. The advent of Nigeria’s Independence (1960) along while using Republican status (1963), heralded the dawn of a new era in all sectors.

“The Yoruba Travelling Theatre Group” of the 60′s and 70′s can be proven to given that the “Fountain Head” of movie productions in Nigeria. The veterans with excellent Theatrical skills and excellent performances took their works outside of the stage, and dove into the sea of movie productions making utilization of the Celluloid format. Notable movie makers on the Roll phone of Honour for the duration of the Celluloid boom era of the 70′s include Ola Balogun, Eddie Ugbomah, late Herbert Ogunde, Adeyemi Afolayan a.k.a Ade adore (father of Kunle Afolayan of the Irapada fame), Ladi Ladebo, Moses Adejumo, Adebayo Salami and Afolabi Adesanya.

The list of documented films created for the duration of the 70′s era and transcending somewhat into the 80′s is simply astonishing and goes to demonstrate that the Movie Industry has been near to much longer, contrary towards ‘1992 perception syndrome’ most are already injected with .
Such works include Kongi Harvest (1971), Alpha (1972), Bull Frog in the sunlight (1974), Amadi (1975), Ajani Ogun (1975), Muzik Man (1976), Bisi, Daughter of the River (1977), Ija Ominira (1978), Aiye (1979), Kadara (1980), Jaiyesimi (1980) Efunsetan Aniwura (1981), Cry independence (1981),Ija Orogun (1982) Owo L’Agba (1982

The cost of creating films in that era was financially back breaking, with Nigerians much more aggravating the efforts of the filmmakers by opting to measure out films of occidental and oriental origin at the Cinemas and Exhibition centres, rather versus the locally created ones. The Cowboy films were exhilarating to measure out while the Chinese films paraded among others, the Legendary “Bruce Lee” in (Lo Wei’s, The enormous superior (1971), Fist of Fury (1972), means of the Dragon (1972), key in the Dragon (1973), The video game of passing away released in 1978) who exhibited fighting techniques dexterity, clearly a fighting technique alien, yet fascinating to us at that time.

Follow the rest of this story below

Source: http://www.nigeriamovienetwork.com/pages/History-of-Nollywood.html

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 13, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 13, 2015
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Isuata: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
wow @tonychristopher

i liked this piece alot, ofcos you will nitice from my moniker that iam Yoruba but i love the piece and would like to contribute my thoughts to it. i especially like it becos i have always wondered why on NL theres alot of anomosity between the Yorubas and Igbos. I have always believed the two tribes were economically compatible until i resumed NL to see that its not so.

SUMMARY OF YOUR POST

in one swoop, i would like to think what you explained in detail here is that AWO [the yoruba] did an ITALIAN JOB/OCEAN 14 type of heist that raped Nigeria economically and ofcos the Igbo just out of a war (civil war) felt it more, this was hatched and executed by AWO who was a Pro- Western regionalist at the time to economically empower the western region people, he raped the British inclusive who wrecked colonialism on us and as most Biafran proponents would say-created this zoo contraption we call Nigeria. This is the source of Yoruba economic dominance in summary

My contribution

First of, i think your assertions (since you started by saying "story goes"wink are wrong about the Igbo's domination of wealth in Nigeria at the time before the war- i dont have my Time subscription i could have sent you a link to the Time report of Wealthiest Africans at the time (i wont gloat here but facts show that there were sw's in the list) Here's a publication that details the story: http://businessdayonline.com/2014/03/wealthy-nigerians/#.VcyCkbKqqko [img][/img]
theres also a chart they drew up to represent the wealthy ones in 1965 and 2014 (a comparison of sort). You would see the list in comparison has not really changed except for the North and SS entrants into the list- What do you make of this?

Please note that iam by no means trying to incite any form of tribal supremacy- just representing facts (i would be happy if you have better references as i am more than ever before interested in the Nigerian dynamics)

Here's the thing, i think you need to try and understand the situation and tempraments at that time you refer to in your post, if roles were switched what do you think Ojukwu or whoever the SE leader was- would have done? These regionalists who were all fighting for their regions and people. what you tern as a heist is the same thing that has happened in the western worlds and the resultant effects of wars (civil wars and world wars alike).

The INDIGENIZATION Policy you see as an evil, some economists see as the launching of the Nigerian economy - if you would be truthful and factual, if not for our greedy elites and leaders (who cuts accross all the major tribes and regions in Nigeria) its a policy all great economies adopt- ofcos it came at a time the SE bore the brunt more- its war and sentiments are not the preserve of leaders during and after war check out this book in ur free time (THE NIGERIAN INDIGENIZATION POLICY: NATIONALISM OR PRAGMATISM?
Afr Aff (Lond) (1983) 82 (327): 241-266). the question i keep asking is how come the claim that SW's 'heisted' all these foreign companies through the nationalization policy- what happened to the Northerners, Mid-westerners (assuming that SE ddnt have anything to bargain with)?
Besides you also know this was a country out of a civil war and regionalism was still entrenched (hell even till now regionalism the bane of the restructuirng the SNC is supposed to address) SW's took advantage of the policy and bought what they could buy- same happened in the soviet union, the USA also do it in-directly; besides what did you think would happen, companies shares being sold in the SW would at that time give preference to SW's (even now, in Lagos unknown t most pple who make noise on Nl, the Lagos govt unofficially sell lands based on tribe even amongst Yorubas- i rem some situation some years back where i cldnt get some choice areas becos i was from IKD and not central Lagos- thats between us Yorubas oh in this century, so imagine what would have happened at that time and i dare say- it was the same accross the country not just Lagos and SW)
Besides, on the surface Awolowo was not reported as the architect of the policy http://www.nai.uu.se/ecas-4/panels/61-80/panel-68/Chibuike-U-Uche-Full-paper.pdf
These guys were credited with being the architects - Allison Ayida (Finance), Phillip Asiodu (Mines and Power) and Ime Ebong (Economic
Development)
I dont think you can blame AWo (if your conspiracy theory is true) of self preservation of wealth for he's people its the hallmark of good leaders (leadership is not a holy position) 'to be a good leader you must be like the fox and the lion'-Niccolo Machiavelli. Somehow i think this history should guide the way this generation thread business lines in Nigeria but you will agree with me that it hasnt really. You know, i wouldnt call it a deliberate thing by some conspiracy but an insensitive oversight by Nigeria who did not consider the SE economical pockets during the nationalization.

Dont have so much time......but i like this side of the history and i even like your call of conspiracy cos i cant control perception of things, hence the freedom of thought and speech we all have.

But i salute the Igbo spirit to rise and become a force in the present day Nigeria, irrespective of our political and economic positions- i give kudo to the people[b] which is why i try as much as possible to learn their language.

i wish above all else that there is a new type of Nigerian youth who takes and use the mistakes of our history to correct, pacify and develop the country to a better clime

[b]our leaders (who are from SE SW SS NW NC NE) are the ones taking us for a ride, they are the evils we should collectively and systematically channel our rage towards

tonychristopher:

This piece was prompted by what I saw as benign ignorance amongst some of our Ibo folks and because such ignorance is music to the ears of some other people and Yoruba in particular. In more than one occasion my friends and other Ibo have advanced the argument that if Ibo was that smart, how come Yorubas dominated the commerce industry in Nigeria? What they meant were the domination of Yoruba in the banking, insurance industries, Coco Cola and some other surviving industries. In one particular occasion a friend revealed to me that he recently discovered that the reason why some Yoruba are so wealthy is because they were smart enough to invest their money in corporate stocks and bonds (not realizing that Yoruba actually stolen those corporations) while Ibo is busy engaging in buying and selling. The Yoruba will like people to continue to believe that story, that it was because they were smart that they were able to do all these great investments in the commerce industry. One relevant question that I always managed to ask my interlocutors is whether they were aware of the indigenization decree of 1972, master minded by Awolowo and the Yoruba and the ramifications of that policy, as will be expected, the answer ranged from, I have heard of it but does not understand what it actually meant to I have not heard of the policy. Listening to this ignorance induced perspective from my friends made my heart to skip a beat, realizing that the task of bridging this information gap is not going to be a child’s play. What is disconcerting is that some in their benign induced ignorance believe that the effect of indigenization is inconsequential at this time because it happened about forty years ago. This piece is therefore for those that are educable and for those that have the capacity to appreciate the magnitude and most importantly for those that can relate that gigantic economic event that reshaped the economic foundation on which Nigerian economy settled on after the British/Biafran war and as well as relate our present economic malaise to that economic foundation engendered by indigenization.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by tonychristopher: 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
But you admited awo was into fraud and the biggest Heist in Nigeria was his invention in Nigeria nad you saw how they were connered and how his own people betrayed and even collected those properties he criminally acquired...mind you Igbo were recovering from war and awo capitalized on this...i think he is a desperate opportunist and you saw how he ended

Isuata:

wow @tonychristopher

i liked this piece alot, ofcos you will nitice from my moniker that iam Yoruba but i love the piece and would like to contribute my thoughts to it. i especially like it becos i have always wondered why on NL theres alot of anomosity between the Yorubas and Igbos. I have always believed the two tribes were economically compatible until i resumed NL to see that its not so.

SUMMARY OF YOUR POST

in one swoop, i would like to think what you explained in detail here is that AWO [the yoruba] did an ITALIAN JOB/OCEAN 14 type of heist that raped Nigeria economically and ofcos the Igbo just out of a war (civil war) felt it more, this was hatched and executed by AWO who was a Pro- Western regionalist at the time to economically empower the western region people, he raped the British inclusive who wrecked colonialism on us and as most Biafran proponents would say-created this zoo contraption we call Nigeria. This is the source of Yoruba economic dominance in summary

My contribution

First of, i think your assertions (since you started by saying "story goes"wink are wrong about the Igbo's domination of wealth in Nigeria at the time before the war- i dont have my Time subscription i could have sent you a link to the Time report of Wealthiest Africans at the time (i wont gloat here but facts show that there were sw's in the list) Here's a publication that details the story: http://businessdayonline.com/2014/03/wealthy-nigerians/#.VcyCkbKqqko [img][/img]
theres also a chart they drew up to represent the wealthy ones in 1965 and 2014 (a comparison of sort). You would see the list in comparison has not really changed except for the North and SS entrants into the list- What do you make of this?

Please note that iam by no means trying to incite any form of tribal supremacy- just representing facts (i would be happy if you have better references as i am more than ever before interested in the Nigerian dynamics)

Here's the thing, i think you need to try and understand the situation and tempraments at that time you refer to in your post, if roles were switched what do you think Ojukwu or whoever the SE leader was- would have done? These regionalists who were all fighting for their regions and people. what you tern as a heist is the same thing that has happened in the western worlds and the resultant effects of wars (civil wars and world wars alike).

The INDIGENIZATION Policy you see as an evil, some economists see as the launching of the Nigerian economy - if you would be truthful and factual, if not for our greedy elites and leaders (who cuts accross all the major tribes and regions in Nigeria) its a policy all great economies adopt- ofcos it came at a time the SE bore the brunt more- its war and sentiments are not the preserve of leaders during and after war check out this book in ur free time (THE NIGERIAN INDIGENIZATION POLICY: NATIONALISM OR PRAGMATISM?
Afr Aff (Lond) (1983) 82 (327): 241-266). the question i keep asking is how come the claim that SW's 'heisted' all these foreign companies through the nationalization policy- what happened to the Northerners, Mid-westerners (assuming that SE ddnt have anything to bargain with)?
Besides you also know this was a country out of a civil war and regionalism was still entrenched (hell even till now regionalism the bane of the restructuirng the SNC is supposed to address) SW's took advantage of the policy and bought what they could buy- same happened in the soviet union, the USA also do it in-directly; besides what did you think would happen, companies shares being sold in the SW would at that time give preference to SW's (even now, in Lagos unknown t most pple who make noise on Nl, the Lagos govt unofficially sell lands based on tribe even amongst Yorubas- i rem some situation some years back where i cldnt get some choice areas becos i was from IKD and not central Lagos- thats between us Yorubas oh in this century, so imagine what would have happened at that time and i dare say- it was the same accross the country not just Lagos and SW)
Besides, on the surface Awolowo was not reported as the architect of the policy http://www.nai.uu.se/ecas-4/panels/61-80/panel-68/Chibuike-U-Uche-Full-paper.pdf
These guys were credited with being the architects - Allison Ayida (Finance), Phillip Asiodu (Mines and Power) and Ime Ebong (Economic
Development)
I dont think you can blame AWo (if your conspiracy theory is true) of self preservation of wealth for he's people its the hallmark of good leaders (leadership is not a holy position) 'to be a good leader you must be like the fox and the lion'-Niccolo Machiavelli. Somehow i think this history should guide the way this generation thread business lines in Nigeria but you will agree with me that it hasnt really. You know, i wouldnt call it a deliberate thing by some conspiracy but an insensitive oversight by Nigeria who did not consider the SE economical pockets during the nationalization.

Dont have so much time......but i like this side of the history and i even like your call of conspiracy cos i cant control perception of things, hence the freedom of thought and speech we all have.

But i salute the Igbo spirit to rise and become a force in the present day Nigeria, irrespective of our political and economic positions- i give kudo to the people[b] which is why i try as much as possible to learn their language.

i wish above all else that there is a new type of Nigerian youth who takes and use the mistakes of our history to correct, pacify and develop the country to a better clime

[b]our leaders (who are from SE SW SS NW NC NE) are the ones taking us for a ride, they are the evils we should collectively and systematically channel our rage towards

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
princdebola201:

Why re the igbos avoiding this thread like shit..
Is the question too hard to answer
I thought they said nigeria can't do without them
With all the chest beating ,ultimatums, and wailings on nairaland none of them could present a basic answer to the topic of the thread..

WhAT ARE THe CONTRIBUTIONS OF 5 STATES IN SOUTH EAST IN REGION TO FEDERATION ACCOUNT

AND AT WHAT PERCENTAGE..?

Still waiting for answer after 25 pages gone no Igbo can come out boldly to anwser the question with basic facts and Figures

SHAME TO ALL IGBOS ON NAIRALAND ..!!!!!

I think you have gone crazy. what exactly do you want to prove? why e-screaming like a madman?

IGBOS have nothing to prove to you okay? £20 pounds have taken IGBOS this far, AREN'T YOU ASHAMED OF YOURSELF?

WHAT HAVE SOUTHWEST CONTRIBUTED TO NIGERIA? AND IF YOU MENTION LAGOS (FORMER CAPITAL),:THEN YOU ARE INDEED A FOOL.....BECAUSE IGBOS STAND PRETTY TALL IN LAGOS.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
princdebola201:
It doesn't change the topic of the Thread

WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF 5 SOUTH EAST
STATES IN S.E REGION
INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT AND AT WHAT
PERCENTAGE

you are clearly insane. if reading through this thread objectively and you are not getting your answer then indeed your IQ is low.

am amazed at your stupidity and biase.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 6:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ritchiee:
I was very benevolent to even say that the Igbos do not have 1/10 but after seeing all the purported achievements of the Igbos,I was like rolling on the floor with laughter...I now know that they don't have 1/40 of the achievements of the Yorubas.
The only few achievements that I could point out:
Pius Okigbo-no pass,he was not the first PhD holder in Econs
Emeagwali-no pass,he is not a doctor talk less of being a Prof...he is widely known as Emeagwali the Fraud...no thesis,he could not even pass his exams.I love him before but when I got to know that he was a fraud...I detest fraud.
Now if you have about one million sergeants in your family and I have only one GENERAL,all your Sergeant s would surely chorus YES SIR for my one and only GENERAL... that is to say I have not seen anybody in the league of Teslim Elias-ICJ president ex, Prof Bola Ajibola-Head of UNO ex, etc.
Therefore in the world stage,you don't even have up to 1/1000000.In the biz sector,this had been variously trashed out and a neutral body like the Forbes list of billionaires says Yorubas are tops as usual with 6 and Igbos with a distant 4...lol.
Now, one sore point is this about Chinua Achebe, he lost to a Yoruba man as usual.Now don't come and tell me he sold more novels,got his book translated into Hebrew or whatever,even if his book is sold in Jupiter,he lost the most glorious Nobel Laureate honour which is the apex of achievement for any writer.I hope and pray Chimamanda wins it one day...
I could not see any other achievements except politicians that we have very successful ones more than the Igbos.So it is still obvious that the Igbo do not have up to 1/40 of these achievements...look properly,those people are technocrats who achieved those feats through hard work..ciao

and you think you have made sense?

slowpoke

you and sahara reporters can sniff Ebola......IF EMEAGWALI IS A FRAUD, THEN THE AMERICANS SHOULD HAVE PROSECUTED HIM.......MAYBE YOU AND SAHARA REPORTERS SHOULD GO AND PROSECUTE HIM, AND JAIL HIM............. LOSERS...... THE BLACK HISTORY MONTH IN THE US AND THE AMERICAN PRESS TILL TODAY RECOGNISES HIS INGENUITY IN SUPERCOMPUTING....YOU DEY HERE DEY MASTURBATE.... YOUR FREE AWO EDUCATION DID NOT TEACH YOU THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EGOISM AND FRAUD.........PLS, GO AND JAIL EMEAGWALI FOR FRAUD OKAY? slowpoke........

TONI MORISON and NARDINE GORDIMER, NOBEL LAUREATES acknowledged Achebe highly such that one of them, despite been a Nobel laureate herself appraised Achebe as the FATHER OF MODERN AFRICAN LITERATURE, you wanted to pull your hair off......take or quench, achebe has groomed and influenced writers worldwide! in Obamas words, "achebe brought the world to Africa", without his seminal works, the black skin will still be considered historically, and culturally backward. even Mandela acknowledged his freedom partly to Achebe's works and you are here screaming nonsense. My point? EVEN NOBEL WINNERS ARE HUMBLED BY ACHEBE WORKS.....So enough of your wole Soyinka Nobel mantra.........

Who is CYPRIAN EMEKA UZOH? of course you don't know him. None of your yoloba scientists can reach his achievements in technological inventions alone. am even yet to list put other Igbo inventors of renown.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ritchiee:
I was very benevolent to even say that the Igbos do not have 1/10 but after seeing all the purported achievements of the Igbos,I was like rolling on the floor with laughter...I now know that they don't have 1/40 of the achievements of the Yorubas.
The only few achievements that I could point out:
Pius Okigbo-no pass,he was not the first PhD holder in Econs
Emeagwali-no pass,he is not a doctor talk less of being a Prof...he is widely known as Emeagwali the Fraud...no thesis,he could not even pass his exams.I love him before but when I got to know that he was a fraud...I detest fraud.
Now if you have about one million sergeants in your family and I have only one GENERAL,all your Sergeant s would surely chorus YES SIR for my one and only GENERAL... that is to say I have not seen anybody in the league of Teslim Elias-ICJ president ex, Prof Bola Ajibola-Head of UNO ex, etc.
Therefore in the world stage,you don't even have up to 1/1000000.In the biz sector,this had been variously trashed out and a neutral body like the Forbes list of billionaires says Yorubas are tops as usual with 6 and Igbos with a distant 4...lol.
Now, one sore point is this about Chinua Achebe, he lost to a Yoruba man as usual.Now don't come and tell me he sold more novels,got his book translated into Hebrew or whatever,even if his book is sold in Jupiter,he lost the most glorious Nobel Laureate honour which is the apex of achievement for any writer.I hope and pray Chimamanda wins it one day...
I could not see any other achievements except politicians that we have very successful ones more than the Igbos.So it is still obvious that the Igbo do not have up to 1/40 of these achievements...look properly,those people are technocrats who achieved those feats through hard work..ciao

and you think you have made sense?

slowpoke

you and sahara reporters can sniff Ebola......IF EMEAGWALI IS A FRAUD, THEN THE AMERICANS SHOULD HAVE PROSECUTED HIM.......MAYBE YOU AND SAHARA REPORTERS SHOULD GO AND PROSECUTE HIM, AND JAIL HIM............. LOSERS...... THE BLACK HISTORY MONTH IN THE US AND THE AMERICAN PRESS TILL TODAY RECOGNISES HIS INGENUITY IN SUPERCOMPUTING....YOU DEY HERE DEY MASTURBATE.... YOUR FREE AWO EDUCATION DID NOT TEACH YOU THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EGOISM AND FRAUD.........PLS, GO AND JAIL EMEAGWALI FOR FRAUD OKAY? slowpoke........

TONI MORISON and NARDINE GORDIMER, NOBEL LAUREATES acknowledged Achebe highly such that one of them, despite been a Nobel laureate herself appraised Achebe as the FATHER OF MODERN AFRICAN LITERATURE, you wanted to pull your hair off......take or quench, achebe has groomed and influenced writers worldwide! in Obamas words, "achebe brought the world to Africa", without his seminal works, the black skin will still be considered historically, and culturally backward. even Mandela acknowledged his freedom partly to Achebe's works and you are here screaming nonsense. My point? EVEN NOBEL WINNERS ARE HUMBLED BY ACHEBE WORKS.....So enough of your wole Soyinka Nobel mantra.........

Who is CYPRIAN EMEKA UZOH? of course you don't know him. None of your yoloba scientists can reach his achievements in technological inventions alone. am even yet to list put other Igbo inventors of renown.

ffk tried comparing his Yoruba tribe to IGBOS by way of claiming superiority, an Igbo scholar silenced him.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
azzima:
Why are you guys just CURSED WITH INCOHERENT RAMBLINGS? ?Products of semi-illiteracy. "Container!Container! " mentality

you can only vomit this trash on nairaland, your guts won't allow you spew this in real life.

for your mind you don speak grammar......*laughs*

asking a question even you cannot comprehend is first class folly. who doesnt know your question in subtly projected to give you inferior yorubas a false sense of superiority. despite the answers given, you IQ still can't read the handwriting on the wall. dummy.

you cowards are comparing yourselves with a tribe that have risen out of the ashes of war and marginalization to best you sore losers.

sniff Ebola.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
princdebola201:
Why can't these YEEB-HOES get sense for once
24 pages. Gone. none of them can provide basic facts and figures of the contributions of 5 states of south East region and percentages to federation account

Chai..!!! This flat head people from erosion ravaged Land of biafruad no dey shame at all
With all their chest beating and Noise making on nairaland None Can't even come out to defend their erosion Land with basic facts and figures
It is safe to agree on a consensus that the 5 south east states in south east region are the parasites

this is the 27th page and you Yoruba lots have succeeded on fooling yourselves, you are comparing a 'war torn' zone to an 'Eldorado'.

it's only low IQ morons like you still fail to grasp the message being passed to you by IGBOS in this thread, which is-

1. our ability to rise from the ashes of war and marginalization, and compete favourably with you bounty looters shows our ingenuity in commerce and trade, education and wealth.

2. our zone, despite being 5 marginalized states over the years, can give your Yoruba 6 eldorado states a cold sweat in national development.

3. Lagos is a Nigerian colony, its not yorubas alone that contribute to Lagos in national development. economically, igbos have a BIG chunk of stakeholding there, from small to middle to Large scale Enterprise. in fact, politically, we IGBOS are gradually calling the shots there. so Lagos in southwest contribution to national economy is partly THANKS TO IGBOS AND OTHER TRIBES.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2524498/igbo-traders-yorubas-often-neglect

SonOfEl:

this is the 27th page and you Yoruba lots have succeeded on fooling yourselves, you are comparing a 'war torn' zone to an 'Eldorado'.

it's only low IQ morons like you still fail to grasp the message being passed to you by IGBOS in this thread, which is-

1. our ability to rise from the ashes of war and marginalization, and compete favourably with you bounty looters shows our ingenuity in commerce and trade, education and wealth.

2. our zone, despite being 5 marginalized states over the years, can give your Yoruba 6 eldorado states a cold sweat in national development.

3. Lagos is a Nigerian colony, its not yorubas alone that contribute to Lagos in national development. economically, igbos have a BIG chunk of stakeholding there, from small to middle to Large scale Enterprise. in fact, politically, we IGBOS are gradually calling the shots there. so Lagos in southwest contribution to national economy is partly THANKS TO IGBOS AND OTHER TRIBES.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
azzima:
ELITEFrom your 7 by 9 container. ....keep beating your chest.

A TYPICAL YORUBA PERSON HARDLY BELIEVE ONE CAN ACHIEVE SUCCESS WITHOUT RESORTING TO RITUAL-KILLINGS

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by princdebola201(m): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

Illiterate who ask you this stupid analysis of yours
It is as good as a trash

THE QUESTION RE WHAT ARE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF 5 STATES IN SOUTH EAST REGION AND WHAT PERCENTAGE TO FEDERATION ACCOUNT ..?

If u can't counter it with basic facts and figures pls don't qoute me again..?

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by princdebola201(m): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=SonOfEl post=36958549]

you are clearly insane. if reading through this thread objectively and you are not getting your answer then indeed your IQ is low.

am amazed at your stupidity and biase.[/quote

Can u pls bring those facts and figurest out and let see who have a fish brain..

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
Those kids are still here trying to recover from the wound we inflicted on them??

Na wo grin

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by princdebola201(m): 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

I think you have gone crazy. what exactly do you want to prove? why e-screaming like a madman?

IGBOS have nothing to prove to you okay? £20 pounds have taken IGBOS this far, AREN'T YOU ASHAMED OF YOURSELF?

WHAT HAVE SOUTHWEST CONTRIBUTED TO NIGERIA? AND IF YOU MENTION LAGOS (FORMER CAPITAL),:THEN YOU ARE INDEED A FOOL.....BECAUSE IGBOS STAND PRETTY TALL IN LAGOS.

Igbos stand tall in Lagos

With 419 fraud business

Fake drugs business

Fake cd's and piracy business

Galla and lacasera selling business

Okirika and bend down select business

Drug peddling business

Arm robbery business

Kidnapping business

Expired goods business

Counterfeit goods business

With all these I can agree with you that your flat head brothers stand tall on lagos because of their crime business

Back to the topic of the thread

lliterate the question of the thread is what re the contributions of 5 states in south east region and at what percentage

If you have the basic facts and figures to counter the thread you can qoute me, if not
GET OUT..!!! And stop qouting me

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
princdebola201:

Illiterate who ask you this stupid analysis of yours
It is as good as a trash

THE QUESTION RE WHAT ARE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF 5 STATES IN SOUTH EAST REGION AND WHAT PERCENTAGE TO FEDERATION ACCOUNT ..?

If u can't counter it with basic facts and figures pls don't qoute me again..?

now I know your IQ is a catastrophe. you are looking for our percentage contribution in federation account, wait very well for it....mumu

you have won a world prize for stupidity for asking for the contribution of southeast to the national coffers, because if all that has being posted on this thread to answer this ridiculous question (subtly of Yoruba-versus-Igbo agenda), and you are still blinking, then you are indeed the slowpoke of the decade.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
princdebola201:

Igbos stand tall in Lagos

With 419 fraud business

Fake drugs business

Fake cd's and piracy business

Galla and lacasera selling business

Okirika and bend down select business

Drug peddling business

Arm robbery business

Kidnapping business

Expired goods business

Counterfeit goods business

With all these I can agree with you that your flat head brothers stand tall on lagos because of their crime business

Back to the topic of the thread

lliterate the question of the thread is what re the contributions of 5 states in south east region and at what percentage

If you have the basic facts and figures to counter the thread you can qoute me, if not
GET OUT..!!! And stop qouting me

maggot infested brain, I wonder how you reason

we are buying your lands, and running your Lagos politics with you.... and you can't do shit about it.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:
Those kids are still here trying to recover from the wound we inflicted on them??

Na wo grin

Toto or whatever you call your inferior self, your false sense of superiority is really get the best of you. who did you wound? I pity you....
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=princdebola201 post=36961316][/quote]

a word is enough for the wise.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by princdebola201(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

now I know your IQ is a catastrophe. you are looking for our percentage contribution in federation account, wait very well for it....mumu

you have won a world prize for stupidity for asking for the contribution of southeast to the national coffers, because if all that has being posted on this thread to answer this ridiculous question (subtly of Yoruba-versus-Igbo agenda), and you are still blinking, then you are indeed the slowpoke of the decade.
Illiterate get out and don't qoute me again

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by princdebola201(m): 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

a word is enough for the wise.
GET OUT..!! If u can't counter the thread with basic facts and figures

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

Toto or whatever you call your inferior self, your false sense of superiority is really get the best of you. who did you wound? I pity you....

On the contrary.
But I know you'll be fine.

I know ibo and issues with emotion.

You really need to get over these. Work on you emotions. grin trust me.

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
princdebola201:

keep e-screaming like a mad chimpanzee, it won't change the fact.

cowards.......

£20.....has proven our ingenuity..... and yet, we still buy and control a lot in Lagos economy IN THE SOUTHWEST!

your Yoruba-versus-igbo thread has been exposed....
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

On the contrary.
But I know you'll be fine.

I know ibo and issues with emotion.

You really need to get over these. Work on you emotions. grin trust me.

I know you are feeling uneasy.....your secret agenda on this has being exposed, and your low IQ has been proven.
Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by totit: 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
SonOfEl:

I know you are feeling uneasy.....your secret agenda on this has being exposed, and your low IQ has been proven.

How please? grin

You are obviously not intelligent.

You are nothing but a spammer.

lipsrsealed eww

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 8:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
princdebola201:

counter what? a thread posing war bounty looters as achievers, and comparing them with war crime survivors? indeed you are a mistake.

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by Zeus777: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
willow0802:

Phyno and flavour stays at chevron also.
amd they both make up 80% of chevron residence?

1 Like

Re: WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT by SonOfEl(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
totit:

How please? grin

You are obviously not intelligent.

You are nothing but a spammer.

lipsrsealed eww

no be only eew.....na meew......pussycat.

the motive of this thread is a proof of your inferiority and low IQ..... the question asked is not only subtly antagonistic, but impaired in reason and logic.

and you are feeling like a local champion......

keep looking for 'your' answer..... mumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

5 Ministers Who Have Been Silent Since Their Appointment / Boko Haram Terrorists Flee On Sighting Troops In Borno State. Photos / Kidnappers, Unknown Gunmen On The Loose In Anambra. Launch Several Attacks(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.