Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons (51587 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Rebukes Dr. Sid On Instagram Over Sexy Dance Video / Tonto Dikeh Quits Her Marriage, See Her Reasons / Fan Calls Out Omotola For Dressing Too Sexy For A Married Woman & She Claps Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Rubyventures: 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
If not for NYSC, I would never have had the opportunity to experience a different culture in Nigeria and also learn a different language. This is an invaluable experience. On this basis, I would not agree with her. I will also like to ask with (no malice intended) did Omotola experience NYSC?

11 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by iswallker(m): 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
seguntheblogger:

Source :http://streetgist.com/omotola-wants-buhari-to-scrap-nysc-see-her-reasons/

omotola be making unsubstantiated statements there...show us the result of a research you conducted or that someone else conducted to support your thesis... grin

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Eseose9(f): 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
omotola but this your reason no just join at all. I was excepting very tangible reason

7 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ifywise(f): 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
There is truth in wat she said

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Pascal181: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
For d 1st time I hate Omotola Jolade. Istead of her 2 advocate 4 a better welfare package 4 future leaders she's dere advising buhari 2 scrap dat ting I call a stepping stone.

5 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by veraponpo(m): 2:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
seguntheblogger:

Source :http://streetgist.com/omotola-wants-buhari-to-scrap-nysc-see-her-reasons/

I totally agree with Omotola on this. I remember leaving Makurdi where I was serving for more than 3 months to engage myself in more meaningful issues of my future-Professional Programme.

You will see able-bodied men sleeping up till 9.30AM before waking up, following small girls around, wasting away, etc.

So many lost their lives to some extremists in the North and many could not trace anything positive to their NYSC. May be it was good before but not any more. We can channel the resources towards better things like giving the graduates the money for a year before getting employed. Some can use it for Masters or Professional programmes.

NYSC has over-stayed its usefulness.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by professore(m): 2:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
God will bless Omotola,in fact someone said Buhari promised to scrap NYSC during his campaign,and since then I began to be happy with Buhari.
Listen to the bad things caused by NYSC
1)It has led to the untimely death of some youths
2)Wastes time
3)Wastes government's resourcess
4)Separates people from their family while risking their lives in a strange land
5)Breaks relationships

4 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by charlito94(m): 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
Its a two way thing
Its an avenue of experience n also to some a waste of tym especially those that did five to seven years professional course n wud like to also do masters

In Isreal their nysc is like a military program nbut its not called Nysc

My advice is DAT d tym spent shud be reduced n also those on long term courses shud be excluded from d program DAT is given dem letter of exemption

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by elvismayor: 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:

Is that what you went there to do?

That guy is still in d zoo, he has. Not migrated.....

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by damiloladuke: 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
because say she no serve at all abi

meanwhile if you wanna laugh tire today
CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by limfo: 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
Reasonably ok.. buh she should contest and b d president of Nigeria so dat she can scrap it.
Talk is cheap!
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by niceguy7(m): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by kadunasouth(m): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
It shouldn't be scrab I enjoy lots during mine such as endurance trek, fire camp, jugging early norning hrs parading CDS Allawee is an experiience and FUN at d same time it should go on

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Abugab(m): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
Irrespective of the shortcomings of the scheme, it still serves the purpose of national integration to a large extent.
There are loads of people who held erroneous notions about certain tribes and nysc afforded them the opportunity to correct those wrong notions.
The scheme can always be strengthened by ensuring security for the Corps Members and their welfare (allowee and accommodation) given handsome attention.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by MzzTega(f): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
ATMC:
Omotola pls do not expose your ignorance of the purpose of the scheme. Thank you.

Its not about exposing her ignorance tothe purpose of the scheme. The question is; Have the scheme been living up to expectation? NO!
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by CoCoLav(f): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
Some schools in Nigeria depend on corpers all year round so scrapping NYSC is not tenable.

9 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ATMC(f): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
MzzTega:

Its not about exposing her ignorance tothe purpose of the scheme. The question is; Have the scheme been living up to expectation? NO!
Pls explain what you mean by living up to expectation. Let me get your drift.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by AlphaDibia(m): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
She might be right but she is only making blanket statements. She didn't support her claim.. she needs to provide data or some sort of empirical proof that the NYSC is a total waste. Until then, stick to entertainment baby.. wink

5 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by limfo: 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
limfo:
Reasonably ok.. buh she should contest and b d president of Nigeria so dat she can scrap it.
Talk is cheap!
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
Good question
kennygee:

Is that what you went there to do?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ATMC(f): 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
CoCoLav:
Some schools in Nigeria depend on corpers all year round so scrapping NYSC is not tenable.
Aptly put! I liked your post.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Cutehector(m): 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
ATMC:
Omotola pls do not expose your ignorance of the purpose of the scheme. Thank you.
pls list d purpose of d nysc scheme as regards to d nysc act of 1973....word to word
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jetjacky:
She is correct scrap the damn thing off existence. Nija would gain a lot without it
Highlight the gains cos I dunno sad

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by pus33: 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
[size=38pt]

This illiterate level is so high.

There are 2 countries.. The country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria and the country of Nigeria.

clearly Omotola and her parent need to have a talk.... about her citizenship.

They should scrap the program. it is too long.. And should never be call national youth service.. because there are 2 countries..

[/size]

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Haryoryhemie(f): 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
Iranu
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Haryoryhemie(f): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
She was definitely high on something and low on reason! NYSC shouldn't be scrapped but re-branded, re-shaped and re-packaged...

4 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Ufranklin92(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tonniey:
I doubt if she went through the program..... NYSC wey university guys and ladies start to dream of once they get to 400l.....If dey catch u enhhh

Just to go and commit fornication that's all

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by columbus86(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
Yes so! I am one hundrend percent in support of her! People are abusing it,how many people can testify that some people are not above 30 years? It should be voluntarily! God knows that I would not go anywhere in the name of NYSC! You do not need a seer to know that some persons are above the required age! It is only in Nigeria that wrong things are been appreciated;what value has it been adding in the life people that have gone to serve? It should be totally scrapped! These are things that our National Assembly supposed to check,what about those that were killed by Buhari boys?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
Rubyventures:
If not for NYSC, I would never have had the opportunity to see a different culture in Nigeria and also learn a different language. This is an invaluable experience. On this basis, I would not agree with her. I will also like to ask with (no malice intended) did Omotola experience NYSC?
You dey mind her cheesy
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by CoCoLav(f): 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
ATMC:
Aptly put! I liked your post.

Thank you cheesy
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by bregeard(m): 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:
As much as i want to agree with her.

I'd first like to see pictures of her in an NYSC khaki uniform.
Why, wetin concern u...
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by boujaye: 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
Omotola, I can't imagine you reasoning so myopic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Efya: "I Have Never Had Sex With Wizkid, But He Dated My Sister" (Video) / Anita Joseph Shows Off Her Boyfriend: "The Man Behind My Smile" / Ooni Of Ife Sings With Paul Okoye In His Palace (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.