Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons (51590 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Rebukes Dr. Sid On Instagram Over Sexy Dance Video / Tonto Dikeh Quits Her Marriage, See Her Reasons / Fan Calls Out Omotola For Dressing Too Sexy For A Married Woman & She Claps Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by gryhusky(m): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
I don't think is a good idea, to scrape N Y C because some people use the money them save from N Y C to rate a house, and start looking 4 work , why some use it for one thing and other
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Pamelayoung: 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
joseph1832:
Well I don't know about you but Omotola sound dumb in what she just said. Imagine just for that reason she wants N.Y.S.C scrapped? If some members of her staff were 'primus interparas' she wouldn't have replaced them just because they went for N.Y.S.C.

I'll say this that whoever call for the 'scrap' of N.Y.S.C didn't serve Nigeria and even if that person did serve, they really didn't serve because anybody who 'truly' experience N.Y.S.C, from your P.P.A to your C.D.S in your host community will never call for scrap of it.

Let her be talking trash, she didn't serve afterall

3 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Came: 3:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
IS OMOTOLA A GRADUATE? How person go just dey talk without strong thing to support the talk?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:

She went to Yaba tech and studied Estate Management.
Not everyone who went to school did NYSC.
She might just be an OND holder.
OK.....thanks for the info. Also noticed that she "later" completed her education around 2004(wikipedia)...

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by alexvatt(m): 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
t should be scrapped
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by sped1oro(m): 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
Federal Government should not just scrapped the programme but should create an alternate scheme where Graduates wont need to hunt for JOBS after school, i believed that will be more useful. The govt could just create a TRAIN-THE-TRAINER program where graduates are trained on some special or basic human development skills and they in turn train the locals or villagers in the respective skills which they have learnt for FREE under the Government sponsorship.
If this could be implemented, it will go a long way in alleviating poverty and still meet the purpose of serving our father's land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by alexvatt(m): 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
it should be scrapped

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by boolet: 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
MzzTega:

Its not about exposing her ignorance tothe purpose of the scheme. The question is; Have the scheme been living up to expectation? YES!
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by mordouc(m): 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ufranklin92:

Choooo
If na me I for hold myself comot camp ooo
If I was a virgin enter nysc camp,I no for even try fvck any girl ooo
I for jejely wait till I get married
E mean say u fvck be that? See ur quote "If I was a virgin enter nysc camp,I no for even try fvck any girl ooo" . U see say i catch you
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Appareil(m): 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
She sounds!!!!zz
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Ufranklin92(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
mordouc:
E mean say u fvck be that? See ur quote "If I was a virgin enter nysc camp,I no for even try fvck any girl ooo" . U see say i catch you

I no go argue am bro
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by fxstory(m): 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
mmjmmm
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ahamonyeka(m): 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
They go there just to show themselves gone are the days when youth corpers are respected.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by sped1oro(m): 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
The scheme is really not serving the purpose anymore, i served in Akwa-Ibom in the year 2005, and what we were doing as a Youth Corper was far below my capacity, i was actually teaching in a secondary school, urue-offong oruko in Oron, the students were not really ready for education, we were just forcing them. The teachers there too were mismatch, i could recollect vividly, we usually go round to invite students to come for lessons and when exam comes, they expect us Youth Corpers to assist in writing WAEC for them.

In conclusion, NYSC should be scrapped and replaced with a better scheme as so many of you shouting that you served are the ones that only comes for clearance once in a while. As for me, i was one of the few who did not travel outside my state of posting even when others have all left, even during festive period, i stayed back in Akwa-Ibom because i know i am a Nigerian and that is the essence of NYSC.
Pamelayoung poelst=36812489:

Let her be talking trash, she didn't serve afterall
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by delebeat: 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
100% support.nysc na waste of time,after service.then what ?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Sweetrolly(m): 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH OMOTOLA... I HAVE ALWAYS HATED THIS CRAP THEY CALL YOUTH SERVICE... I DON'T SEE ANYTHING NECESSARY OR IMPORTANT ABOUT IT OR ANY IMPACT THAT IT IS CREATING IN OUR SOCIETY.... SO MANY YOUTH HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES IN THE COURSE OF THIS SO CALLED PROGRAMME DUE TO VIOLENCE IN SOME STATES OF THE COUNTRY... IT'S SO PAINFUL THAT SOMEONE'S CHILD WILL GO OUT ALIVE AND COME BACK AS A CORPSE..... THIS SHIT SHOULD BE SCRAPPED

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
MadCow1:
Rubbish yarns..

The scheme had a good plan but like with everything in this nation it has been destroyed by corruption and lack of dedicated workers.

The scheme exposed me to the side of this Nation that I would never have experienced from the comfort of my state.

The scheme should be rebranded to add value to our Graduates. Make the 1 year period into a proper paid skill acquisition programme/para - military program where graduates can pick from a variety of skill programs and Agricultural programs to enroll for and learn it for 1 full year. Upon graduation, the government can help the brilliant graduates who upon completion can come up with a solid business plan based upon the acquired skills to acquire low interest loans with special tax breaks and grants to set up industries to create more employment. Those who choose education can then be sponsored to Teaching colleges and absolved into our school system. Get Expatriates to set up Technical institutes in all States that would teach our graduates variety of skills from mechanics to manufacturing to agriculture to recycling to construction to name it..

The program had a brilliant plan but now it's just been crippled by corruption.

Fix the program not scrap it..

You have said all the important of the program in a nut shell. In d case of omo, she didn't go for NYSC that's Y she is saying that, her opinion has no weight to warrant scrapping the program, however, she can't know the important of the program since she didn't participate in NYSC due to over age. During my NYSC, I enlighten people of Imo, Mbaitoli local government that in the north, there are Christians which they initially have the believe that everyone from the north is Muslim and they don't go to school, is only Suya meat business they are into because most of them have not travel outside the corner of that village.

Moreso, it help me get experience on how to stay with other people of different cultural background, learn how to greet and I learn how to make garri from cassava, which is a skill that i can put into practice anything, not only cooking cassava and eat it like the way hausa people do or Alabo.

In short, It gives graduate staminate to be active at anytime, not walking like sick person and give other graduate the opportunity to be employed at their place of primary assignment.

Those people who are in support of Omo opinion, may be they are also old n can't participate or have too much carry over and have spend long period in school or they school abroad n their school is not recognized to participate in the scheme.... e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Collins87: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Whether or not she's a graduate does not mean to me! Her reason is not tangible. She should quickly focus on her husband's meal, hence she claimed that only him knows how to handle her.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Festiecj(m): 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
NYSC should be scrab and replace with a compursory one year skill acquisition in different sector.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Collins87: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Whether or not she's a graduate does not mean to me! Her reason is not cogent. She should quickly focus on her husband's meal, hence she claimed that only him knows how to handle her.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ElFenomeno1: 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
NYSC is such a waste of time... I agree!

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by masseratti: 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:

That's why i asked for pictures of her in a Khaki.
we all knew she didn't do the service but as a mother I think she reserve the right to air her opinion on the service.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Codyt(m): 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
MadCow1:
Rubbish yarns..

The scheme had a good plan but like with everything in this nation it has been destroyed by corruption and lack of dedicated workers.

The scheme exposed me to the side of this Nation that I would never have experienced from the comfort of my state.

The scheme should be rebranded to add value to our Graduates. Make the 1 year period into a proper paid skill acquisition programme/para - military program where graduates can pick from a variety of skill programs and Agricultural programs to enroll for and learn it for 1 full year. Upon graduation, the government can help the brilliant graduates who upon completion can come up with a solid business plan based upon the acquired skills to acquire low interest loans with special tax breaks and grants to set up industries to create more employment. Those who choose education can then be sponsored to Teaching colleges and absolved into our school system. Get Expatriates to set up Technical institutes in all States that would teach our graduates variety of skills from mechanics to manufacturing to agriculture to recycling to construction to name it..

The program had a brilliant plan but now it's just been crippled by corruption.

Fix the program not scrap it..

You spend 4 years, sometimes 5 years (spill over 6years) in in tertiary institution and you're clamouring on "acquiring skills" for another year? seriously? And After all the stress you remain jobless..... Yeah right you got a point.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by masseratti: 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
Collins87:
Whether or not she's a graduate does not mean to me! Her reason is not cogent. She should quickly focus on her husband's meal, hence she claimed that only him knows how to handle her.
she is a mother and her kids will soon be eligible for service, she has all the right to air her opinion .
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by abat4real37(f): 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmmmmm, so that's her advice for Mr president?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by abat4real37(f): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmmmmm, so that's her advice for Mr president? I don't agree with her
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
Her reasons are not convincing even thou there are better reasons to scrap the Programme or fix it to achieve its aim.
Making it optional is also good.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by dokson(m): 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
omotola did not go through NYSC. i mean she did nt serve her fatherland, a real compartriot who experience NYSC will NEVER CALL FOR ITS SCRAP. NYSC PLAYS A VITAL ROLE IN NATIONAL INTERGRATION NO MATTER WHAT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by masseratti: 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
sisnowee:

You have said all the important of the program in a nut shell. In d case of omo, she didn't go for NYSC that's Y she is saying that, her opinion has no weight to warrant scrapping the program, however, she can't know the important of the program since she didn't participate in NYSC due to over age. During my NYSC, I enlighten people of Imo, Mbaitoli local government that in the north, there are Christians which they initially have the believe that everyone from the north is Muslim and they don't go to school, is only Suya meat business they are into because most of them have not travel outside the corner of that village.

Moreso, it help me get experience on how to stay with other people of different cultural background, learn how to greet and I learn how to make garri from cassava, which is a skill that i can put into practice anything, not only cooking cassava and eat it like the way hausa people do or Alabo.

In short, It gives graduate staminate to be active at anytime, not walking like sick person and give other graduate the opportunity to be employed at their place of primary assignment.

Those people who are in support of Omo opinion, may be they are also old n can't participate or have too much carry over and have spend long period in school or they school abroad n their school is not recognized to participate in the scheme.... e.t.c
has any of that reason changed anything at all,has it changed the mindset of the people you are talking about? It's better the scheme is voluntary and not compulsory, there are other forms of national integration, the idea has not worked.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by zudozz: 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
simple. She wants it scrapped now becos her children ll ve 2 go 4 NYSC soon.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Mekzmoney(m): 4:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
D guy is right. All there do is to be having sex because NYSC is always bored n lonely. So after leaving dia PPA,wat there do was to flex around, except for those that hav oda programs run like PGD or masters during NYSC (especially those that are serving in d universities or close to d skul)...

People like me dat served in an unserious secondary skul... Hmmm... Always free to flex.
kennygee:

Is that what you went there to do?

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by worth(m): 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
As for me, NYSC is never a waste of time. I graduated with cool 2.1 but couldn't communicate or stand before crowd let alone someone to tell me give vote of thanks (I go just enter ground like oromiyan). Thank God, I can do aforementioned boldly without sweating because l let myself to be used. I became a Gensec of a particular gathering in which I had never been any throughout my university education. Honestly, this had helped me to manage different kinds of person. With this experience, I know I can achieve alot on earth. Actually I planned to f*^© around like the way some are doing but I thank God I didn't venture into such nasty mindset. If not it would have been a wasted year for me as she and others had said. So for those who are still serving and willing to serve, if you have mindsets of f*^©!n around , I bet you it will be a waste of time as she had said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Efya: "I Have Never Had Sex With Wizkid, But He Dated My Sister" (Video) / Anita Joseph Shows Off Her Boyfriend: "The Man Behind My Smile" / Ooni Of Ife Sings With Paul Okoye In His Palace (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.