Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons (51588 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Rebukes Dr. Sid On Instagram Over Sexy Dance Video / Tonto Dikeh Quits Her Marriage, See Her Reasons / Fan Calls Out Omotola For Dressing Too Sexy For A Married Woman & She Claps Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by r33d(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
So sad that we like taking short cuts to major policies such as this. Instead of fixing the system and root out the inherent problems, we like to ban, to end, to SCRAP, to abolish... so sad undecided
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by fxseven(m): 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
princefunmmy:

NYSC came after civil war to unite Nigeria and make pat youths to other parts of the country they've not being to and possibly settle down their in order to bring inter-tribal relationship.
Tell me what you gained from serving in sokoto? I mean something tangible that was added to you professionally

I doubt you understand the real objectives of NYSC. Let me school you on it:
princefunmmy:

NYSC came after civil war to unite Nigeria and make pat youths to other parts of the country they've not being to and possibly settle down their in order to bring inter-tribal relationship.
Tell me what you gained from serving in sokoto? I mean something tangible that was added to you professionally

princefunmmy:

The objectives of NYSC

a. To inculcate discipline in nigerian youths by instilling in them a tradition of industry at work and of patrotic and loyal service to Nigeria in any situation they may find themselves.

b. To raise the moral tone of the nigerian youths by given them the opportunity to learn about higher ideals of national achievements, social and cultural improvement;

c. To develop in the nigerian youths the attitudes of mind, acquiired through shared experience and suitable training, which will make them more amenable to mobilization in national interest.

d. To enable nigerian youths acquire the spirit of self reliance by encouraging them to develop skillls for self employment.

e. To contribute to the accelerated growth of the national economy.

f. To develop common ties among the nigerian youths and promote national unity and integration.

g. To remove prejudices, eliminate ignorance and confirm at first hand the many similarities among nigerians of all ethnic groups ; and

h. To develop a sense of corporate existence and common destiny of the people of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by adeblow(m): 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
What is this one saying? Like she campaigned for him
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by jokayos: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
Omotola is probably ignorant of d purpose NYSC was established or she is shallow minded. Or she is living in oblivious world.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
THANK GOD THIS GOVERNMENT DID NOT CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT FOR THESE NOLLYWOOD DIVAS TO HAVE A SAY IN GOVERNMENT LIKE THE WAY THE PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT DID.

MAYBE SHE SHOULD FOCUS ON HER EXOTIC AND SCINTILLATING BODY FIGURE RATHER THAN SPEWING BUNKUMS ON SOCIETAL ISSUES..
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by aalangel(f): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
Inasmuch as she didn't present strong reasons, I think it should be scrapped or re-organised.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Orikinla(m): 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
The NYSC Scheme is a SCAM.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by londoner: 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
It should be scrapped in its present form and revisited. As much as some have eroded their tribalist tendencies on the whole if we are honest the average Nigerian is tribalist to a fault. Most if not all having passed through NYSC.

They should even consider trade based apprenticeships and it should lead to recognised qualifications also. In its current form it should be scrapped.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by londoner: 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
fxseven:

The objectives of NYSC

a. To inculcate discipline in nigerian youths by instilling in them a tradition of industry at work and of patrotic and loyal service to Nigeria in any situation they may find themselves.

b. To raise the moral tone of the nigerian youths by given them the opportunity to learn about higher ideals of national achievements, social and cultural improvement;

c. To develop in the nigerian youths the attitudes of mind, acquiired through shared experience and suitable training, which will make them more amenable to mobilization in national interest.

d. To enable nigerian youths acquire the spirit of self reliance by encouraging them to develop skillls for self employment.

e. To contribute to the accelerated growth of the national economy.

f. To develop common ties among the nigerian youths and promote national unity and integration.

g. To remove prejudices, eliminate ignorance and confirm at first hand the many similarities among nigerians of all ethnic groups ; and

h. To develop a sense of corporate existence and common destiny of the people of nigeria.

Its not about just the purpose it is about evaluating whether in MOST cases it has achieved this in Nigerians across the board.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Gynacologist(m): 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
joseph1832:
I ask you what the aim and objective of the N.Y.S.C is before I proceed to answer your question.

And I served in Sokoto state!. An experience I'll never forget in a hurry!.

Google can help you bro!.
if u Ansa me watin go happen.?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Mbediogu(m): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
NYSC should be restructured and made flexible, not scrapped. It is obvious that what we have now is not the NYSC Gowon established.
During my time of service my parents organised special prayers for me because I
was posted to serve in the north, a place non of my family members had been to. But when I got there what did I meet? Nice and accomodating ppl just like we have in my home. Those were my most enjoyable days and till date my best friends are in that
part of the northern region.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by lulus001: 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tonniey:
I doubt if she went through the program..... NYSC wey university guys and ladies start to dream of once they get to 400l.....If dey catch u enhhh
When theres a suggestion you dont thrsh it in d name of uyr own personal vendetta. Maybe aome of us didnt look forward to.NYSC as you.did. I.left naija almosy 4 days after last paper so did.i.look.forward to.it?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Ufranklin92(m): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
dasrackhor:
falls from iroko tree.Really?

grin
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by debada(f): 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by debada(f): 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
And she analysed all this with what brain capacity?
Did she pause to think about all those employed by NYSC? What would become of them ni?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Ramwab94(m): 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
veraponpo:

I totally agree with Omotola on this. I remember leaving Makurdi where I was serving for more than 3 months to engage myself in more meaningful issues of my future-Professional Programme.

You will see able-bodied men sleeping up till 9.30AM before waking up, following small girls around, wasting away, etc.

So many lost their lives to some extremists in the North and many could not trace anything positive to their NYSC. May be it was good before but not any more. We can channel the resources towards better things like giving the graduates the money for a year before getting employed. Some can use it for Masters or Professional programmes.

NYSC has over-stayed its usefulness.
Honestly speakin, NYSC couldn't have been scraped. In my own opinion, the scheme's policies could only be modified and revitalized. Nigeria is Unity remember?

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ojnnaco(m): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
D small Girl no get talk ... Not even an atom of point to back her idea up
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ojnnaco(m): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
D small Girl no get talk ... Not even an atom of point to back her idea up #Shit
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
Spin the fucking bottle.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ojnnaco(m): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ramwab94:
Honestly speakin, NYSC couldn't have been scraped. In my own opinion, the scheme's policies could only be modified and revitalized. Nigeria is Unity remember?

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Seunjungle(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
I don't think this woman calls omotola go to school or should I say she didn't serve her father's land. I'm a patriotic citizen that served this my dear nation in good fate. I know how I contributed to those children's lives in Kagoro..Kaura local govt, Kaduna state 2011&12. What I will like to advice our amiable president is to give NYSC is more design and good definition
thanks!
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Talented90(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
DAMN... She looks ugily without makeup.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by luswitz(f): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
What a waste of time and resources, I agree with her. I am a serving corp member and I can testify to that, many corpers resign from their jobs or better opportunities to serve which so many return to discover this opportunities are no more there and are forced to start all over, that is so cruel. Another disadvantage is, lack of eagerness and induced laziness exhibited by the staff of the institution corp members are sent to, they just seat around and alocate jobs to this corp members, get paid and wait for d next batch to be assigned there,it is now a recognised routine. I suggest federal Government should channel these funds to creating more job opportunities, improve the educational sector to eradicate illiteracy or better still accumulate corper's monthly allowee which will be paid to them after graduation to promote entrepreneurship.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Emyril02(m): 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
am currently servin in gombe state,in a lga called balanga,no light,no water,d people ar basically farmers.Nysc should not b scrapt.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by joseph1832(m): 9:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
princefunmmy:

Tell me the amount of graduates who follow their profession in Nigeria and I'll tell you what N.Y.S.C added to me professionally!.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by makasimatics(m): 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:

Is that what you went there to do?

Maybe Na Bleep carry am go service
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by makasimatics(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
Shebarh:
aiint sure am gonna do dat NYSC of a tin sef.. too me it's' just a complete waste of one year undecided

No worry, maybe ur age don pass
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by blakky97(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
we are neither in the jungle nor a military rule that buhari can just wake up one morning and scrap something.
if he has such powers, then we are all in trouble.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by gary400(m): 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
joseph1832:
Well I don't know about you but Omotola sound dumb in what she just said. Imagine just for that reason she wants N.Y.S.C scrapped? If some members of her staff were 'primus interparas' she wouldn't have replaced them just because they went for N.Y.S.C.

I'll say this that whoever call for the 'scrap' of N.Y.S.C didn't serve Nigeria and even if that person did serve, they really didn't serve because anybody who 'truly' experience N.Y.S.C, from your P.P.A to your C.D.S in your host community will never call for scrap of it.
naso broda mee...I still dey serve like dz and am enjoying it...learning languages I never dreamt of....cus of nysc av been to 12 states in d country...seen many tribes....make omotola she ba puo...
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Lagusta(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
Codyt:

You spend 4 years, sometimes 5 years (spill over 6years) in in tertiary institution and you're clamouring on "acquiring skills" for another year? seriously? And After all the stress you remain jobless..... Yeah right you got a point.

So you prefer to be immediately jobless after graduation abi....

We know that 19800 is small, but its still better than nothing for that year, try saving 50k and start something, even if it's snail farming or something

I s the corruption in the system that has led to this.... It needs fixing not scrapping
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by gary400(m): 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
when we dey hear rumour say buari wnt increase alawee,na em dz mumu wnt make baba scrap am...wetin concern us say her employees comot go serve.....bcuz u don gallant get money u no go watch ur mouth....am serving in enugi batch c....enjoying it...dz d only channel nigerians fit follow chop international chin chin.....corpers wee....
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Elgaxton(m): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
Omotola is very wrong on this one... If she did her NYSC she wouldn't use the word scrap. NYSC is a beautiful government initiative that simply needs some good welfare attention from the government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Efya: "I Have Never Had Sex With Wizkid, But He Dated My Sister" (Video) / Anita Joseph Shows Off Her Boyfriend: "The Man Behind My Smile" / Ooni Of Ife Sings With Paul Okoye In His Palace (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.