Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. (35782 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) / 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Dynaman(m): 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
thecreativeguy:
There are two dates in every year which i don't use to forget. The first is April 23 (my birthday); while the second is December 23 (Christmas day). But this year, another date has being joined with these two dates which I can't forget every year. The new date is June 10. It was the day i lost my mother. Though i don't like remembering what happened on that day, i will try telling you bits about it.

It was a wednesday. She woke up early before many others, like many other days, and after preparing herself, went to her shop for the day's business (her shop is beside our house). That morning, she talked to people, washed her clothes, and attending to customers. In fact, when she finished washing her clothes, she was happy because the sun shone that day (the previous days were rainy).

Well, I was just recovering from malaria. I was inside and she called me. I answered her by coming to the balcony, while she was downstairs. She ask me to come and help her call those that will supply water for her tank, and I told her am coming. Before going to meet her, I decided to relax a bit.

Few minutes later, when I went downstairs to her shop, I saw her siting on the chair in her shop, in a posture that made me feel instantly that something is wrong somewhere. I was relutant going in at first, because I was feeling 'What if it's what i'm thinking? But soon, a young girl want to buy something and i use that medium to go in to where she is, telling her 'Mummy, they want to buy something.' But she's gone (though not totally gone then). But when we get her to the hospital, she's gone.

It's a painful incident. But there are lessons we all can learn from her death.

1. The Distance Between Life And Death Is Just A Step Away: You wouldn't know the real meaning of this if you haven't experienced it. Someone you talked to just few minutes ago, and in the next minute, the person is gone.

2. People Will Talk About You When You're Gone: My mum's death was a big loss to not only we her immediate family, but everyone that knows her. Why? Because of her good deeds. She's known by some as 'Iya Alaanu' (a mother who pity and help). She's a good woman. There are many people she had helped and still planned to help. When she died, everyone (ibos, yorubas) keep lamenting how good a woman she was.

What would be said about you after you are no more is determined by how you live your life today. If you want people to talk good about you when you're gone (in a way that will make life easier for your children you're leaving behind), do good always.

3. When Making Plans, Think Death: My mum's old mother died this year (during the elections) and the final burial ceremony is being scheduled to hold in early Septemeber. She's already making preparations for it (buying shoes and other things). But lo, she didn't even live to withness the final burial ceremony of her mother!! What a world!

Thus, in every plan you make, always think about death. And if you make plans and you live to execute it, thank God for it please.

4. Don't Hide Things From Your Family, You Don't Know When You'll Die: My mother rarely hid things from we her children. Infact, few days before she died, she do tell us about the types of dreams she do have (i wished i've taken them much serious) When my mother died, before many consolers and outsiders came, myself and my sister had cleared her money with some important documents of she have from where she keeps them.

In anything you do, let your family know about it- you don't know when you will die.

5. You Will Die, But Your Legacy Lives On: My mother trained me and my siblings using what i will call a 'classic approach'. There are certain things i see others do to their parents, and i wonder if i can dare try that with my mum. My mum trained us in a 'no-nonsence' way, making me and my siblings to be outstanding (though not perfect).

Now that she's gone, her legacy lives on. You know, even now, when doing something, i do think about her opinion (like, 'Will she like this if she's around?)

Thus, everyone of us should strive to live lifestyles of good legacies so that when we are gone, our good legacies will live on. Parents should teach their children well; in a way that, when you are gone, your legacies will leave on.

6. Life Is Vanity: My mum is working on her own house project- she couldn't complete it. Many sees her as a 'big woman'; but she take none of her money with her. She had lots of clothes, shoes, bags (you trust women), but they were distributed. In fact, the one she put on the day she died was burnt with fire- she takes none along!

Life is vanity. There is nothing we bring to this world that we will take along while leaving. Don't make wealth and success a do-or-die affair. Don't look for money in wrong ways. Women, don't sell your body for money. Guys, don't do wrong fradulent things to get money. They are all vanities!!!!

Ha. Mummy, so you've left your boy alone. You really suffered for your children, but didn't wait to eat your labours. I want to make you proud. I have lots of plans for you. But if you are seeing me wherever you are now, by God's Help, i promise to make you proud. Ha. Life is not just fair. Ha. Good night ma.

www.creativeguyhub.com/2015/08/6-things-you-can-learn-from-my-mums.html?m=1
accept my deepest condolence brother. I lost my dad 25th may this year the pain is unbearable till now I still think am dreaming.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Ekiseme(m): 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sorry for your loss bro
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by CaptainJune: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sweetmarriage:

I've come to discover that the things being said about God is too divine to be a mere 'fiction' See, GOD IS REAL!!! When we die, we will go and meet our Creator (GOD) in Heaven where we will be rewarded according to the way we live here on earth.

Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today. If you are a thief, stop stealing. If you are a fornicator, stop fornicating. If you are a drunkard, stop it. Let Jesus our Good Lord cleanse you from your sins with His Precious Blood that He shed on the Cross Of Calvary for you and me.

Today is the day of salvation, kiss the Son lest He be angry with you.

Live your life for God, so when you leave this bitter world, you will reign with Christ in His Kingdom Heaven (where there is no pain but Joy everlasting)

#No real enjoyment here on earth
#Real enjoyment waits for us in Heaven.

Will you be there?

God bless you

lalasticlala, ishilove

I love everything about this comment, everything, especially the bolded.

I always wonder what joy folks derive from fornication, adultery, stealing, intimidation, sinful pleasures of life. It is probably the fact that since being delivered from darkness, I've seen what sin really looks like from this angle of light - it's hideous, disgusting, temporal, worthless, empty, shallow, a source of internal dissatisfaction, unreliable, perishable, all are vanity of vanities.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by MrCork: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nuellah:

Hv some respect please!!! Someone wrote abt her late mum, and u used ur filthy fingers to type "if she is light skin?" God hv mercy on u.

..brother..i nevar said anytin wrong & I never disrespect the chick...all I ask waz is she lightskin...is askin if chick is lightskin a crime?.. YOU HOMEBASE PEOPLE MENNNNNNNNN!!! .. undecided

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
MrCork:

...is she lightskin?(no oofeinsece) angry
CC SEUN,Lalasticlala,obinoscopy i honestly think there are topics where sm certain words are not permitted, "hw can somone b writing abt his dead mom and mrcork b asking if she is lightskinned, im just suprise. its not right at all!!!
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by zubby29(m): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
thanks for d reminder,its a wakeup call
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
Take heart bro. Please try & be strong for Ur siblings they need U now.

Please stay strong.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by MrCork: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
softapples:
CC SEUN,Lalasticlala,obinoscopy i honestly think there are topics where sm certain words are not permitted, "hw can somone b writing abt his dead mom and mrcork b asking if she is lightskinned, im just suprise. its not right at all!!!

.... CALM DOWN SON..CALM DOWN ...If ASKIN if a chick is lightskin considard a crime on nairaland.....then SUE ME!!! ...I nevar said anytin wrong & I didn't dsssrespect the chick.. You homebase people shud STOP actin like u from anather planet..serrriously!!! (no ofoeinse) undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Mznaett: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
It is well
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by MrCork: 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
softapples:

..I ask OP a simple nice question & then u come outter no wher like Stegomaya mosquito and replied to non of yor busciness.....did OP say I said anytin wrong?...NO.. BRO GO BAK TO BED JOR!!!!! (no oofeinse) undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by lilkudos(m): 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sorry dear... May her soul rest in peace
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Donbabajay12(m): 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
thecreativeguy:
There are two dates in every year which i don't use to forget. The first is April 23 (my birthday); while the second is December 23 (Christmas day). But this year, another date has being joined with these two dates which I can't forget every year. The new date is June 10. It was the day i lost my mother. Though i don't like remembering what happened on that day, i will try telling you bits about it.

It was a wednesday. She woke up early before many others, like many other days, and after preparing herself, went to her shop for the day's business (her shop is beside our house). That morning, she talked to people, washed her clothes, and attending to customers. In fact, when she finished washing her clothes, she was happy because the sun shone that day (the previous days were rainy).

Well, I was just recovering from malaria. I was inside and she called me. I answered her by coming to the balcony, while she was downstairs. She ask me to come and help her call those that will supply water for her tank, and I told her am coming. Before going to meet her, I decided to relax a bit.

Few minutes later, when I went downstairs to her shop, I saw her siting on the chair in her shop, in a posture that made me feel instantly that something is wrong somewhere. I was relutant going in at first, because I was feeling 'What if it's what i'm thinking? But soon, a young girl want to buy something and i use that medium to go in to where she is, telling her 'Mummy, they want to buy something.' But she's gone (though not totally gone then). But when we get her to the hospital, she's gone.

It's a painful incident. But there are lessons we all can learn from her death.

1. The Distance Between Life And Death Is Just A Step Away: You wouldn't know the real meaning of this if you haven't experienced it. Someone you talked to just few minutes ago, and in the next minute, the person is gone.

2. People Will Talk About You When You're Gone: My mum's death was a big loss to not only we her immediate family, but everyone that knows her. Why? Because of her good deeds. She's known by some as 'Iya Alaanu' (a mother who pity and help). She's a good woman. There are many people she had helped and still planned to help. When she died, everyone (ibos, yorubas) keep lamenting how good a woman she was.

What would be said about you after you are no more is determined by how you live your life today. If you want people to talk good about you when you're gone (in a way that will make life easier for your children you're leaving behind), do good always.

3. When Making Plans, Think Death: My mum's old mother died this year (during the elections) and the final burial ceremony is being scheduled to hold in early Septemeber. She's already making preparations for it (buying shoes and other things). But lo, she didn't even live to withness the final burial ceremony of her mother!! What a world!

Thus, in every plan you make, always think about death. And if you make plans and you live to execute it, thank God for it please.

4. Don't Hide Things From Your Family, You Don't Know When You'll Die: My mother rarely hid things from we her children. Infact, few days before she died, she do tell us about the types of dreams she do have (i wished i've taken them much serious) When my mother died, before many consolers and outsiders came, myself and my sister had cleared her money with some important documents of she have from where she keeps them.

In anything you do, let your family know about it- you don't know when you will die.

5. You Will Die, But Your Legacy Lives On: My mother trained me and my siblings using what i will call a 'classic approach'. There are certain things i see others do to their parents, and i wonder if i can dare try that with my mum. My mum trained us in a 'no-nonsence' way, making me and my siblings to be outstanding (though not perfect).

Now that she's gone, her legacy lives on. You know, even now, when doing something, i do think about her opinion (like, 'Will she like this if she's around?)

Thus, everyone of us should strive to live lifestyles of good legacies so that when we are gone, our good legacies will live on. Parents should teach their children well; in a way that, when you are gone, your legacies will leave on.

6. Life Is Vanity: My mum is working on her own house project- she couldn't complete it. Many sees her as a 'big woman'; but she take none of her money with her. She had lots of clothes, shoes, bags (you trust women), but they were distributed. In fact, the one she put on the day she died was burnt with fire- she takes none along!

Life is vanity. There is nothing we bring to this world that we will take along while leaving. Don't make wealth and success a do-or-die affair. Don't look for money in wrong ways. Women, don't sell your body for money. Guys, don't do wrong fradulent things to get money. They are all vanities!!!!

Ha. Mummy, so you've left your boy alone. You really suffered for your children, but didn't wait to eat your labours. I want to make you proud. I have lots of plans for you. But if you are seeing me wherever you are now, by God's Help, i promise to make you proud. Ha. Life is not just fair. Ha. Good night ma.

www.creativeguyhub.com/2015/08/6-things-you-can-learn-from-my-mums.html?m=1
OP the number 3 aspect"we both had d same scenario "....my late mum case was also the same ...her mum died and we were preparing for the burial, evn we had chosen an attire to wear for the occasion ,but the way God wants it ... My dearest mum didnt even live to witness the burial!!! Wat a life ...i miss her so much!!! ...RIP to all d dead in d world
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by TalkingBird: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
OP, I saw this material and think it will be helpful:
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/dead-live-again-tract/dead-live-again/

also read or listen to audio of "When Someone You Love Dies" on http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/?start=60

Take heart.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
MrCork:

..I ask OP a simple nice question & then u come outter no wher like Stegomaya mosquito and replied to non of yor busciness.....did OP say I said anytin wrong?...NO.. BRO GO BAK TO BED JOR!!!!! (no oofeinse) undecided
pls kindly desist 4rm quoting me, ure nt mature, and if at anytime u feel like quoting me, let it be afta ur 15th birthday pls!!!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by ifeomaekol(f): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
Life is simply vanity, may her soul rest in peace. She may nt be physcally with u and ur family bt pple ll see her in u n ur siblings. To live in the hearts of those we love is nt to die. Take heart, and make sure to keep dt promise of making her proud.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by MrCork: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
softapples:
pls kindly desist 4rm quoting me, ure nt mature, and if at anytime u feel like quoting me, let it be afta ur 15th birthday pls!!!

...STOP DERAILIN THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by slap1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lost mine in similar manner, 2006. Great beautiful woman of God.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by repogirl(f): 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
I feel you, OP....this world is a temporary place, we will all move on but hopefully not untimely.....

I also lost my dad, April 5th this year.....Suddenly, on Easter sunday for that matter. I wasnt close to him but the thought of not seeing him again is still painful and quite fresh but thats life I guess.

The human spirit is resilient, we will move on from it....take heart, I wish you well.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by refreshrate: 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
realGURU:
The days of using free domain names, sub domain and enpensive domain names are over, the days of relying entirely on godaddy coupon to get cheap domain name for your website are gone, the days of using some sort of code and coding from proxy website to get cheap domain are gone, the days of using intermediate gurus to get domain for your blog are gone.
Just walk into any branch of your bank here in nigeria, get an ATM card , yes ATM card with a mastercard or visa logo.
Get a cheap domain name for a complete year registration for less than a dollar.
Get a .com top level domain name for only $0.99 per year with 1&1dotcom. A top and trusted internet domain registrar.
Click my signature to get access..

Person talk sey him mama die see wetin dis one dey post?
Why are you so thoughtless and wicked like dis?

na you need money pass abi what is all dis?

Ah ahn? how wicked can a human being (assuming youre one) be?

God forbid
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Eniqurl(f): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
So touching R. I. P ma.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by shalomm: 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
lopekomo:

why do you wanna know? undecided undecided undecided

are you quoting that fool that has no respect even for himself? Is so, you wasting your time.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by thecreativeguy(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
Melahou:
sorry for your loss...

i may want to disagree with you in some of your points but i leave it for another day...

be strong

Oh please tell me. Don't worry about me. she taught me to be strong. Tell me what you disagree please.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by fredleo95(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
R.I.P to a Mother....Dat could well serve as a mother of many with a legacy to be Carried by her children OP.... I dont know you or her but i can tell she was and is still God sent and i pray for her to be in Heaven where we all belong despite all our shortcomings.... God bless you and May her soul rest in perfect peace. AMEN!!!
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by shut(f): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
Aww I miss my Mummy too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Amodsun(m): 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2015
reading this brings tears to my eyes...am strong willed and rare emotional ....but somehw I feel sad reading this ...iya alaanu may u rest in peace.
I pray for d sons nd daughters u left behind longer life than d one u lived.
O.p...I pray u mk ur mother smile frm above one day....stay strong,#lifesabitc.h

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by ozo13(m): 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
Mummy, may God grant u paradise
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by ariwa2(f): 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
Yours is a touching one. May God give you the mind to bear the lost. May her soul rest in peace
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by thecreativeguy(m): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
misspicy:
thecreativeguy seems ur mum n my mum are twins o,i will write about her death on her anniversary dis month....thanks
Really? They died on the same date? My mum died in her late fifties, yours?
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by ednut1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Ok. My mom died too.
kindly share. i knw u still miss her gan. it is well
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Came: 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
All is indeed vanity.A friend saw me off to the bus station where I boarded a bus back to school , only for me to receive a call that same day,that he died of a migraine. Someone I joked, and had fun with before I left. I couldn't cry but wonder . Hmmmmm... R.I.P. Emyyy.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by dammany(m): 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
7. Always answer your mum immediately she calls. If you had responded to her when she called you to get the water supplier perhaps you could have taken her to the hospital in time. Sorry though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by walearoy(m): 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
So touching

God bless my Mum and grant her good health&Long life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos / The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady / Signs That Your Husband Does Not Like You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.