Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. (35780 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) / 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by madgoat(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
So touching cry
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Codyt(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
nwadiuko1:
Op.....I. Definitely know how u feel cos av lost some loved ones......though not any of my parents.....

The latest. Is kc a childhood friend who was just like a biological brother, 2 weeks back on a sunday nigga told me he needed money to take care of one girl that got pregnant for him
He asked for 10k, I told him I wouldn't allow him use my money for abortion......but when he persuaded I said ok on tuesday I l give him......only to reach their crib on tuesday to see his sisters dreary eyed.......nigga was electrocuted on monday night......I. Still haven't found the name to give to the way I felt that day......wetin kc dy find enter control switch?

One silly part is I don't knw the girl that got pregnant for him......and he was the only son!
Jeez.... Things are really happening...
Just the ones you hear...

Rip to your friend.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Oluwajideloll(m): 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
M so sorry bro... it's just lyk wat apn to me..
But God is our strength, n we will all b fyn..
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by oluwanoni: 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
@op your lucky u had enough time with your mum and memories, I cant even remember they way she looks, this year would mark 20yrs she's been gone.

All need do is cherish the memories and she's gonna live long in your heart.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by nwadiuko1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
Codyt:
Jeez.... Things are really happening... Just the ones you hear...
Rip to your friend.
yes man......dy thing still dy do me like para.... Dude l be buried on thursday
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by thamarvelz(m): 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
MrCork:

...is she lightskin?(no oofeinsece) angry
have u got brains?? its a pertinent question that requires ur answer
quote me and Sango will do the needful
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Tex42(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
@Op...Obviously ur advice is worth more than gold.

May her soul Rest In peace!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by FRANKOXY(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
It's well OK...? Take heart for God knows best.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by SugaryBelle(f): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2015
This is so sad and touching. May her good soul rest in peace.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Fkhalifa(m): 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
It was as though i wrote the story myself,my mum also had same similaraties except that she died of cancer on june1st this year....infact am still shocked and would have tjought a simbling wrote if not for the difference in nature of their death. cry
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by detutu1: 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
May her soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Ichieboxy: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
May God receive her soul...Amen...take heart bro...and always remember your promises to her...
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
We came from Allah and to him we return.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by zynzyn(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
thecreativeguy:
There are two dates in every year which i don't use to forget. The first is April 23 (my birthday); while the second is December 23 (Christmas day). But this year, another date has being joined with these two dates which I can't forget every year. The new date is June 10. It was the day i lost my mother. Though i don't like remembering what happened on that day, i will try telling you bits about it.

It was a wednesday. She woke up early before many others, like many other days, and after preparing herself, went to her shop for the day's business (her shop is beside our house). That morning, she talked to people, washed her clothes, and attending to customers. In fact, when she finished washing her clothes, she was happy because the sun shone that day (the previous days were rainy).

Well, I was just recovering from malaria. I was inside and she called me. I answered her by coming to the balcony, while she was downstairs. She ask me to come and help her call those that will supply water for her tank, and I told her am coming. Before going to meet her, I decided to relax a bit.

Few minutes later, when I went downstairs to her shop, I saw her siting on the chair in her shop, in a posture that made me feel instantly that something is wrong somewhere. I was relutant going in at first, because I was feeling 'What if it's what i'm thinking? But soon, a young girl want to buy something and i use that medium to go in to where she is, telling her 'Mummy, they want to buy something.' But she's gone (though not totally gone then). But when we get her to the hospital, she's gone.

It's a painful incident. But there are lessons we all can learn from her death.

1. The Distance Between Life And Death Is Just A Step Away: You wouldn't know the real meaning of this if you haven't experienced it. Someone you talked to just few minutes ago, and in the next minute, the person is gone.

2. People Will Talk About You When You're Gone: My mum's death was a big loss to not only we her immediate family, but everyone that knows her. Why? Because of her good deeds. She's known by some as 'Iya Alaanu' (a mother who pity and help). She's a good woman. There are many people she had helped and still planned to help. When she died, everyone (ibos, yorubas) keep lamenting how good a woman she was.

What would be said about you after you are no more is determined by how you live your life today. If you want people to talk good about you when you're gone (in a way that will make life easier for your children you're leaving behind), do good always.

3. When Making Plans, Think Death: My mum's old mother died this year (during the elections) and the final burial ceremony is being scheduled to hold in early Septemeber. She's already making preparations for it (buying shoes and other things). But lo, she didn't even live to withness the final burial ceremony of her mother!! What a world!

Thus, in every plan you make, always think about death. And if you make plans and you live to execute it, thank God for it please.

4. Don't Hide Things From Your Family, You Don't Know When You'll Die: My mother rarely hid things from we her children. Infact, few days before she died, she do tell us about the types of dreams she do have (i wished i've taken them much serious) When my mother died, before many consolers and outsiders came, myself and my sister had cleared her money with some important documents of she have from where she keeps them.

In anything you do, let your family know about it- you don't know when you will die.

5. You Will Die, But Your Legacy Lives On: My mother trained me and my siblings using what i will call a 'classic approach'. There are certain things i see others do to their parents, and i wonder if i can dare try that with my mum. My mum trained us in a 'no-nonsence' way, making me and my siblings to be outstanding (though not perfect).

Now that she's gone, her legacy lives on. You know, even now, when doing something, i do think about her opinion (like, 'Will she like this if she's around?)

Thus, everyone of us should strive to live lifestyles of good legacies so that when we are gone, our good legacies will live on. Parents should teach their children well; in a way that, when you are gone, your legacies will leave on.

6. Life Is Vanity: My mum is working on her own house project- she couldn't complete it. Many sees her as a 'big woman'; but she take none of her money with her. She had lots of clothes, shoes, bags (you trust women), but they were distributed. In fact, the one she put on the day she died was burnt with fire- she takes none along!

Life is vanity. There is nothing we bring to this world that we will take along while leaving. Don't make wealth and success a do-or-die affair. Don't look for money in wrong ways. Women, don't sell your body for money. Guys, don't do wrong fradulent things to get money. They are all vanities!!!!

Ha. Mummy, so you've left your boy alone. You really suffered for your children, but didn't wait to eat your labours. I want to make you proud. I have lots of plans for you. But if you are seeing me wherever you are now, by God's Help, i promise to make you proud. Ha. Life is not just fair. Ha. Good night ma.

www.creativeguyhub.com/2015/08/6-things-you-can-learn-from-my-mums.html?m=1

o boy e no easy. Take heart! undecided
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by ibukun147(m): 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
How I wish I have the courage to hold the tears to share the story of how I became an Orphan...***wrote this little piece with tears,parent should be immortal***

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
@thecreativeguy ur mother died 2month after the death of her mother?

there must be something spiritual about this, and u're obliged to find out, that ll help to prevent future occurence.

I knw every body ll die but not in a short interval of time between a mother and a daughter.

HOWEVER. ACCEPT MY CONDOLENCE
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by DaniBiggz(m): 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
May God comfort U and Ur Family In Jesus Name..Amen
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by OsoDupe(f): 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by poseidon12: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
So touching. Accept my heart felt sympathy. May your beloved mother rest in peace. And may God give you and your siblings the strength to carry on.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by poseidon12: 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
Fkhalifa:
It was as though i wrote the story myself,my mum also had same similaraties except that she died of cancer on june1st this year....infact am still shocked and would have tjought a simbling wrote if not for the difference in nature of their death. cry

Please accept my sympathies. Your mum is in a better place. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Sanmel(f): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
ibukun147:
How I wish I have the courage to hold the tears to share the story of how I became an Orphan...***wrote this little piece with tears,parent should be immortal***
cry cry
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by sonnie10: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
From experience, one can never mourn his/her mother enough. Especially if they left at an unripe age. Events of life would always bring memories of late mothers. Its just a reality that people in such situation would have to deal with. Sometimes you will cry, on few occasions you will smile when you remember her tender love. 1994 is still like yesterday.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Beverlies(f): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
RIP mama.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by ibukun147(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sanmel:
cry cry
is part of life dear...that makes one stronger
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by sirhamilton(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
You know people always think you old die after being sick or through an accident. Experience has thought me death can come calling anytime and by any means
one shocking and terrifying experience was while i was serving. Twas in the month of April. A friend from school told me on fb chat that James was dead ( not real name) I refused to believe this. but I dug deeper and found out it was for real. I would later find out he woke up screaming and died. Autopsy said cardiac arrest. He's just maybe 25 . I was scared of going to sleep for a few days.
James and I drifted apart after school. He was a really good actor,singer. the previous weeks before he died it crossed my mind to give him a call.

Makes me wonder if all our hustles are worth it sometimes

SOMEONE ONCE SAID " IF YOU'VE NEVER THOUGHT OF DIEING, THEN YOU'VE NEVER LIVED"
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
Fkhalifa:

Stay strong. Best wishes.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by bbeautylik(f): 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
MY STORY

I was six years old far back 1996 when my dad came back from work, we all went out and greeted him but suddenly the light current went low so my mum went to the kitchen to off the deep freezer not knowing that would be the end, on touching the deep freezer, she was electrocuted and she shouted, my dad ran to off the current from the electric box and immediately took her to the hospital but on getting there she gave up.
AFTER FOUR YEARS
with more pressure from my mum's daddy, my father decided to get married, we were all happy we've gotten a new mum..... The marriage was just ten years when my step mum went for her twin brothers wedding, During the wedding, she fell down and died mysteriously . This was someone that called me a day before the wedding asking me if I could make it to the wedding, but then I was writing my 300 level exams.

NOW

My dad is the one who I pity the most.... It's been five years now he is still feeling depressed and with high BP
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by Chuksyno(m): 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
thecreativeguy:
There are two dates in every year which i don't use to forget. The first is April 23 (my birthday); while the second is December 23 (Christmas day). But this year, another date has being joined with these two dates which I can't forget every year. The new date is June 10. It was the day i lost my mother. Though i don't like remembering what happened on that day, i will try telling you bits about it.

It was a wednesday. She woke up early before many others, like many other days, and after preparing herself, went to her shop for the day's business (her shop is beside our house). That morning, she talked to people, washed her clothes, and attending to customers. In fact, when she finished washing her clothes, she was happy because the sun shone that day (the previous days were rainy).

Well, I was just recovering from malaria. I was inside and she called me. I answered her by coming to the balcony, while she was downstairs. She ask me to come and help her call those that will supply water for her tank, and I told her am coming. Before going to meet her, I decided to relax a bit.

Few minutes later, when I went downstairs to her shop, I saw her siting on the chair in her shop, in a posture that made me feel instantly that something is wrong somewhere. I was relutant going in at first, because I was feeling 'What if it's what i'm thinking? But soon, a young girl want to buy something and i use that medium to go in to where she is, telling her 'Mummy, they want to buy something.' But she's gone (though not totally gone then). But when we get her to the hospital, she's gone.

1. The Distance Between Life And Death Is Just A Step Away: You wouldn't know the real meaning of this if you haven't experienced it. Someone you talked to just few minutes ago, and in the next minute, the person is gone.

2. People Will Talk About You When You're Gone: My mum's death was a big loss to not only we her immediate family, but everyone that knows her. Why? Because of her good deeds. She's known by some as 'Iya Alaanu' (a mother who pity and help). She's a good woman. There are many people she had helped and still planned to help. When she died, everyone (ibos, yorubas) keep lamenting how good a woman she was.

What would be said about you after you are no more is determined by how you live your life today. If you want people to talk good about you when you're gone (in a way that will make life easier for your children you're leaving behind), do good always.

3. When Making Plans, Think Death: My mum's old mother died this year (during the elections) and the final burial ceremony is being scheduled to hold in early Septemeber. She's already making preparations for it (buying shoes and other things). But lo, she didn't even live to withness the final burial ceremony of her mother!! What a world!

Thus, in every plan you make, always think about death. And if you make plans and you live to execute it, thank God for it please.

4. Don't Hide Things From Your Family, You Don't Know When You'll Die: My mother rarely hid things from we her children. Infact, few days before she died, she do tell us about the types of dreams she do have (i wished i've taken them much serious) When my mother died, before many consolers and outsiders came, myself and my sister had cleared her money with some important documents of she have from where she keeps them.

In anything you do, let your family know about it- you don't know when you will die.

5. You Will Die, But Your Legacy Lives On: My mother trained me and my siblings using what i will call a 'classic approach'. There are certain things i see others do to their parents, and i wonder if i can dare try that with my mum. My mum trained us in a 'no-nonsence' way, making me and my siblings to be outstanding (though not perfect).

Now that she's gone, her legacy lives on. You know, even now, when doing something, i do think about her opinion (like, 'Will she like this if she's around?)

Thus, everyone of us should strive to live lifestyles of good legacies so that when we are gone, our good legacies will live on. Parents should teach their children well; in a way that, when you are gone, your legacies will leave on.

6. Life Is Vanity: My mum is working on her own house project- she couldn't complete it. Many sees her as a 'big woman'; but she take none of her money with her. She had lots of clothes, shoes, bags (you trust women), but they were distributed. In fact, the one she put on the day she died was burnt with fire- she takes none along!

Life is vanity. There is nothing we bring to this world that we will take along while leaving. Don't make wealth and success a do-or-die affair. Don't look for money in wrong ways. Women, don't sell your body for money. Guys, don't do wrong fradulent things to get money. They are all vanities!!!!

Ha. Mummy, so you've left your boy alone. You really suffered for your children, but didn't wait to eat your labours. I want to make you proud. I have lots of plans for you. But if you are seeing me wherever you are now, by God's Help, i promise to make you proud. Ha. Life is not just fair. Ha. Good night ma.

Take heart. We are nothing but sojourners here, only thing is that love of material things doesn't allow us to give our existence here second thought.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by TINCAN(m): 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
cry cry cry cry crytake heart
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by IYANGBALI: 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
Bros sorry about the death of your mum,may her soul RIP,but bros you take style kill grammar in your post o,may the soul of the grammar too RIP grin
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by justjify(m): 8:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
thecreativeguy:

So sad. I know how it feels. I lost my beloved father on the 27th of July this year. Preparing to bury him on 14th August. Stay strong, God'll see us through. It's not easy losing a loved one. God rest their soul.
Re: 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. by sofitinted(f): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hmmm,indeed dis life is vanity,ur story is so touching.RIP to her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos / The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady / Signs That Your Husband Does Not Like You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.