Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood (43509 Views)

Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] / Dangers Of Having Cockroaches In Your House / Watch Your Cream For Hydroquinone.-(dangers Of Hydroquinone.) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by princeemmac: 9:16am On Aug 13, 2015
grin grin hahahah firewood Germs
SAMBARRY:
like I said earlier Sir this people don't care about cleanliness and pubic sanitary. I'm aware they use well water to cook. All this akara sellers and food vendors use well water and firewood to cook. The plastic theyuse Iin fetching water in the well has green fungai because they think it's not necessary to wash it

some of them don't close their Wells

they don't even wash their hands before cooking and add firewood germs to it

1 Like

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2015
prettydpri:
Bro i dont think its unrealistic. These are facts. i have heard of more kerosine explosions, fire outbreaks caused by firewood than Gas

We talkin bou fire wood as any explosion occured durin d usage of firewood and mind u its cos d poor dont use gas ok angry

God d poor people are in ur hands embarassed this people dont sound like dey can help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by prettydpri: 9:20am On Aug 13, 2015
God is helping them with Gas
halfrica:

We talkin bou fire wood as any explosion occured durin d usage of firewood and mind u its cos d poor dont use gas ok angry

God d poor people are in ur hands embarassed this people dont sound like dey can help
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by SAMBARRY: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2015
Consider your health too. Buying firewood from the market and carrying it long distances on your head to the place you want to cook is stressful and damaging to your joints.

Beding down to start breaking or piecing the firewood is another health hazard then setting it together with the charcoal and then preparing the foodstuffs and transferring it to the pot.haba!

it's not worth the stress and your health. One log of wood is heavy on its own talk more of carrying several logs of wood on your head to your destination sad
halfrica:

grin d devil u kno firewood is better dan d angels gas u dont kno
Ow mch is d kerosine dey want to use to start a firewood 2 to 10drops can start it compared to gas ow mch is it to buy one bottle of keeosine from a retail kerosine seller? angry
Consider d poor please d same mentality d politicians av is wat u guys are avin
Cos i can afford dis so many people shd be able to afford am talkin on behaf of people who sells markets nt even up to 1000naira wen collates or are dey no more nigerians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
like I said earlier Sir this people don't care about cleanliness and pubic sanitary. I'm aware they use well water to cook. All this akara sellers and food vendors use well water and firewood to cook. The plastic theyuse Iin fetching water in the well has green fungai because they think it's not necessary to wash it

some of them don't close their Wells

they don't even wash their hands before cooking and add firewood germs to it

Av u tried gettin dem new oils teach dem ow to do to it please ha its called survival cheesy
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by prettydpri: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2015
Gbam!
SAMBARRY:
Consider your health too. Buying firewood from the market and carrying it long distances on your head to the place you want to cook is stressful and damaging to your joints.

Beding down to start breaking or piecing the firewood is another health hazard then setting it together with the charcoal and then preparing the foodstuffs and transferring it to the pot.haba!

it's not worth the stress and your health. One log of wood is heavy on its own talk more of carrying several logs of wood on your head to your destination sad
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by prettydpri: 9:24am On Aug 13, 2015
halfrica:

Av u tried gettin dem new oils teach dem ow to do to it please ha its called survival cheesy
i think its time africa needs to stop surviving and start living
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by chigoizie7(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I don't know why Africans Like blaming the West for all of their irresposnsibilities and their inability to change with the times or develop.smh.i just taya

In a country were more than 70% of its citizens live below $1 per day, now, tell me how they can afford to buy gas and den refill when they can barely buy the food stuffs that will be cooked on that gas. these people can not afford a 2 square meal per day, na gas dem go come buy, majority of these people live in a 1room apartment, na gas be dere priority?

Please were do u refill ur own gas for 8hundred naira? Becaue I know how much I refill my 8kg with. + I can last me 3months, btw, I only boil hot water with it, apart from d hot water, I cook on the average of 10times per week. Now imagine a family of 6 (this I for rich and average family) because dose kind poor people de born upto 8kids,some na 6kids u now come add the papa and mama, ee go come be 10 or 8, and these people will try to eat like 3tmes per day meaning that bad as ee bad, them must cook @least 3times per day,+ warming of food, assume u re cooking 2cups of rice for 10mins, how long do u think it will take to cook 10cups of rice so that it will @least serve the large family? The longer it takes, the higher the qauntity of gas consumed.

Now as an average naija family that I come from, my parents spends upto 5k on gas per month, I don't live with them, my 2sisters are married, my younger bro does not lve with them, yet they consume that much.

Tell me how many families can afford to use gas in naija? Or u think we no get sense? No one likes to waste or suffer, if gas is affordable to all, I bet u, many people will use it. But its not, and they make do with what is available and affordable, its as simple as that.

Let me not talk of electric stove earlier mentioned because u and I know the situation of power in this country, so, don't even go there.

1 Like

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by SAMBARRY: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2015
halfrica:

leaving the materials you use in cooking to rot without caring to clean and maintain it is called survival? embarassed

gracious Lord. When will Africa develop from mental slavery and bondage embarassed
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:

We talkin of affordable rate not d stresd if one is poor or helpless or in danger d stress is nuffin
Humans can go tru pains just to survive
If theu steal to survive u cast them
The whites will never allow d blacks teach dem ow to live their lives no muthafucker shd cum over and teach me ow to live my life if they can eradicate death away from nature i will start followin their rules angry
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:

We talkin of affordable rate not d stress if one is poor or helpless or in danger d stress is nuffin
If theu steal to survive u cast them
The whites will never allow d blacks teach dem ow to live their lives no muthafucker shd cum over and teach me ow to live my life if they can eradicate death away from nature i will start followin their rules angry
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:

We talkin of affordable rate not d stress if one is poor or helpless or in danger d stress is nuffin
If they steal to survive u cast them
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by SAMBARRY: 9:29am On Aug 13, 2015
The smallest camp gas is 800naira to refill go and do your findings

im
chigoizie7:

In a country were more than 70% of its citizens live below $1 per day, now, tell me how they can afford to buy gas and den refill when they can barely buy the food stuffs that will be cooked on that gas. these people can not afford a 2 square meal per day, na gas dem go come buy, majority of these people live in a 1room apartment, na gas be dere priority?

Please were do u refill ur own gas for 8hundred naira? Becaue I know how much I refill my 8kg with. + I can last me 3months, btw, I only boil hot water with it, apart from d hot water, I cook on the average of 10times per week. Now imagine a family of 6 (this I for rich and average family) because dose kind poor people de born upto 8kids,some na 6kids u now come add the papa and mama, ee go come be 10 or 8, and these people will try to eat like 3tmes per day meaning that bad as ee bad, them must cook @least 3times per day,+ warming of food, assume u re cooking 2cups of rice for 10mins, how long do u think it will take to cook 10cups of rice so that it will @least serve the large family? The longer it takes, the higher the qauntity of gas consumed.

Now as an average naija family that I come from, my parents spends upto 5k on gas per month, I don't live with them, my 2sisters are married, my younger bro does not lve with them, yet they consume that much.

Tell me how many families can afford to use gas in naija? Or u think we no get sense? No one likes to waste or suffer, if gas is affordable to all, I bet u, many people will use it. But its not, and they make do with what is available and affordable, its as simple as that.

Let me not talk of electric stove earlier mentioned because u and I know the situation of power in this country, so, don't even go there.
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
leaving the materials you use in cooking to rot without caring to clean and maintain it is called survival? embarassed

gracious Lord. When will Africa develop from mental slavery and bondage embarassed

whr is d money to get all dat wen dey live below one dollar
angry u are d one who needs to outgrow slavery cos u can afford bt cant share or give or even help angry
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by prettydpri: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2015
Chigozie thats where the govt has to come in. the subsidy they are putting in fuel should be channelled to gas. And they should encourage companies like Techno Oil thats helping to make gas more affordable
chigoizie7:

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2015
prettydpri:

The change shd start wiv u wereva u see sumone tryin to survive create a livin for dat person and wait and watch ow ur transformation goes aheadof u angry
Easy to say hard to do
we need realists in dis life nt idealists
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by prettydpri: 9:34am On Aug 13, 2015
halfafrica i think the problem here is not poverty but enlightenment. More enlightenment should be made on the benefits of Gas
halfrica:

angry u are d one who needs to outgrow slavery cos u can afford bt cant share or give or even help angry

1 Like

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by SAMBARRY: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2015
halfrica:

If they steal to survive u cast them
I see you are still holding on to your beliefs so obstinately with the excuse of affordability. Kerosene to is affordable mind you

we really need to protect our environment. The smoke emanating from firewood puts others at risk too health wise.

I might not eat your food but I'm passing by.inhaling the smell of the smoke puts me at risk. If you have no consideration for your health what of the public and people passing by on the streets inhaling all that including asthmatic patients
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by chigoizie7(m): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2015
prettydpri:

U can not live when u can't survive,
It takes surviving to live.

Please u people should stop comparing africa to other parts of the world in terms of this, we still ve a long way to go, and until we get there, all these una talks na trash.

How dare u compare a man who does not work but try beyond all odds to survive to a man who does not work but his govt makes sure that he survives by giving him an un employment allowance?

How do u compare a man who does not have money to go to skul to a man who does not also have money and his govt provides his tuition?

How do u compare a man who has a business idea but has no money to start up and approaches either a. Bank or the govt for a start up loan only to be told to bring his head for collateral? And a man were funds are already mapped out by his govt begging people to come and take the money to invest? (Talk of credit cards and all that)?

Please u people should stop all these una nonsense comparisons and see the real thing, reason well, please leave ur house one day, take a stroll around so many naija homes and streets and see how people live, see how they survive,

U can only live when u can survive, if u can't survive then u re dead already.

U no get car/generator yet u don begin buy fuel/engine oil, who does that?

1 Like

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by prettydpri: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2015
halfrica:

The change shd start wiv u wereva u see sumone tryin to survive create a livin for dat person and wait and watch ow ur transformation goes aheadof u angry
Easy to say hard to do
well i can start here by telling those that dont know about it grin
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 13, 2015
prettydpri:
halfafrica i think the problem here is not poverty but enlightenment. More enlightenment should be made on the benefits of Gas

grin u wud be enlighten to hear anyfin wen u kno u aint sufferin u cant be englightened wen u arr stil qorrid bou wat to eat cheesy
I laff enlightened d word that started d worlds madness
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by SAMBARRY: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2015
halfrica:

Easy to say hard to do
it is the work of government to provide a conducive environment were businesses can thrive and the health of people are not jeopardized in trying to survive.

It's rather unfortunate that the ministry of health is doing nothing about issues like this. This is where the ministry of health, nafdac and other food agencies should step in to help this people as well as enlighten them. That's their work and that's why they're paid with tax payers money and not individuals . Look at oyinbos.they care about what they consume
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by chigoizie7(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2015
prettydpri:
Chigozie thats where the govt has to come in. the subsidy they are putting in fuel should be channelled to gas. And they should encourage companies like Techno Oil thats helping to make gas more affordable

Exactly my point, and since the govt has failed the masses, what would u rather they do? Fold their arms and wait for govt to live up to its expectations? NO!!!!!!, they will survive on their own, and that what we have been doing over the years, trying to survive without the govt.

Channel ur grievances to the govt and not the masses for trying to survive despite all odds, stop calling them archaic.
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by chigoizie7(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
it is the work of government to provide a conducive environment were businesses can thrive and the health of people are not jeopardized in trying to survive.

It's rather unfortunate that the ministry of health is doing nothing about issues like this. This is where the ministry of health, nafdac and other food agencies should step in to help this people as well as enlighten them. That's their work and that's why they're paid with tax payers money

And since the govt has not been providing all these, so, the masses should fold their arms and wait until te cost of gas and electricity is reduced so that they can cook? If they can't afford it, they with away with what they can afford simple and short.
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by SAMBARRY: 9:49am On Aug 13, 2015
halfrica:

so buying omo 5naira to wash the plastics you use in fetching water from the well is mental slavery? Smh

wonders
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by SAMBARRY: 9:51am On Aug 13, 2015
chigoizie7:

And since the govt has not been providing all these, so, the masses should fold their arms and wait until te cost of gas and electricity is reduced so that they can cook? If they can't afford it, they with away with what they can afford simple and short.
fine you win but does that mean they shouldn't care about cleanliness? embarassed
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by prettydpri: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2015
Good point. But in order for africa to grow they have to stop all these survival mentality that they struggle for everything. Thats when they can channel their creative energies to better their lives and stop this MAN MUST SURVIVE or MAN MUST WACK mentality and starts developing their potentials. if the whites didnt stop surviving on firewood they wouldnt have discovered gas. Now we must say enough is enough. there is a better life . Embrace the better life Africa
chigoizie7:

U can not live when u can't survive,
It takes surviving to live.

Please u people should stop comparing africa to other parts of the world in terms of this, we still ve a long way to go, and until we get there, all these una talks na trash.

How dare u compare a man who does not work but try beyond all odds to survive to a man who does not work but his govt makes sure that he survives by giving him an un employment allowance?

How do u compare a man who does not have money to go to skul to a man who does not also have money and his govt provides his tuition?

How do u compare a man who has a business idea but has no money to start up and approaches either a. Bank or the govt for a start up loan only to be told to bring his head for collateral? And a man were funds are already mapped out by his govt begging people to come and take the money to invest? (Talk of credit cards and all that)?

Please u people should stop all these una nonsense comparisons and see the real thing, reason well, please leave ur house one day, take a stroll around so many naija homes and streets and see how people live, see how they survive,

U can only live when u can survive, if u can't survive then u re dead already.

U no get car/generator yet u don begin buy fuel/engine oil, who does that?

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by chigoizie7(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
The smallest camp gas is 800naira to refill go and do your findings

im

Smallest camp gas u say, now, how many cups of rice will it cook for a family of 8 or 10, 3times a day, and how long will it last? That is the question u should answer.
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by SAMBARRY: 9:59am On Aug 13, 2015
Halafrica you should open your mind more and show willingness to change. Hmmn? smiley

and please show a cheerful countenance when you are talking to me. Me and you are not fighting, we're friends cheesy

oya let me see that smile cheesy
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by UncleSnr(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2015
princeemmac:

They were not living long. They just didnt know they were dying silently from it. Especially those that were always cooking
What!!! shocked shocked My great-grand mother died at the age of 105 (2004), isn't that living long?
Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by prettydpri: 10:00am On Aug 13, 2015
True thats where innovation comes in. We have to be creative and make the best out of the situation. The GOSPEL TRUTH IS THAT GAS IS EVEN CHEAPER. SAVES YOU TIME, NEATER, HEALTIER, AND GIVES THE MASSES EXTRA CHANGE IN THEIR POCKETS
. BUT THEY DONT KNOW THIS
chigoizie7:

Exactly my point, and since the govt has failed the masses, what would u rather they do? Fold their arms and wait for govt to live up to its expectations? NO!!!!!!, they will survive on their own, and that what we have been doing over the years, trying to survive without the govt.

Channel ur grievances to the govt and not the masses for trying to survive despite all odds, stop calling them archaic.

Re: EDUCATIVE: Dangers of Cooking with Fire wood by chigoizie7(m): 10:03am On Aug 13, 2015
prettydpri:
Good point. But in order for africa to grow they have to stop all these survival mentality that they struggle for everything. Thats when they can channel their creative energies to better their lives and stop this MAN MUST SURVIVE or MAN MUST WACK mentality and starts developing their potentials. if the whites didnt stop surviving on firewood they wouldnt have discovered gas. Now we must say enough is enough. there is a better life . Embrace the better life Africa

Please when u re ready to indulge in a constructive arguments, please alert me.

Just listen to urself, we should forget the "MAN MUST SURVIVE and MAN MUST WACK" mentality?

Even bill gates, b4 he made his billions, he started from "trying to survive.

And until u can survive, u cannot live. And until u can wack, u cannot live, get that into ur head, there is no need jump passing it, it is a phase by phase approach to life.

U never buy land,u don begin buy roofing sheets and tiles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) / 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy / Man Blames His Village People For His Brother's Injury. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.