Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? (22287 Views)

What Is The Thing You Regret The Most From Your Past Relationships? / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. / Telling Them About Her Past Relationship Keep Driving Them Away- Advise Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 12:07am On Mar 26, 2009
bluespice:

no
women treat men in mirror image of how they treat themselves around them
meaning whichever way a guy acts around a woman is how she is going to treat him
if he acts with self respet and respect for her, same
if not, dont blame her for teaching him how he should act
its not called walking over, its called putting him in some place
since its obvious he doesnt know where he belongs
I don't buy into that. You can be the most perfect/beautiful lover in the world to an habitual cheater, but that won't stop her from cheating. After some time for some people it becomes a natural part of their cycle. They could have a gem right there in front of them but prefer to find something more challenging, because they prefer adventure to something steady or assured. So yea, you can respect yourself all you want, but if you fall prey to a ninny who has chosen not to respect you, your last option would be to suffer through it or to leave. Leaving is easier said than done once feelings are involved, but at the end of the day it's a choice you have to make.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 12:08am On Mar 26, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

If you think you can handle then, then play the game.
If you don't think so, don't even take it as a challenge.

I seriously feel sorry for AA sometimes. Dating ghetto chicks can be a handful.
What are you bleating about There is no point in playing stupid games when your dignity means more to you than useless mind games.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 12:13am On Mar 26, 2009
But I have to admit that some guys take it too far - eyonegro and hollysmile are good examples. They get so needy and allow themselves to become doormats to girls who continue to treat them like dumpsters.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 26, 2009
C2H5OH:

What are you bleating about There is no point in playing stupid games when your dignity means more to you than useless mind games.
When I mean play the game, I don't literally mean play the girl.

To get into a relationship is to take risk. You never know if you two are compatible until you try.

There are sometimes you KNOW it will NOT work out, those times, you need to step out.

Other times, you think it won't work out, you need to give it a try.

What I'm "bleating" about is that when you KNOW you can't restraint her and her "sassyness", don't bother trying to hook up with her. That, is what I call desperation.

@post
I learned a lot. . . .
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 12:21am On Mar 26, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

When I mean play the game, I don't literally mean play the girl.

To get into a relationship is to take risk. You never know if you two are compatible until you try.

There are sometimes you KNOW it will NOT work out, those times, you need to step out.

Other times, you think it won't work out, you need to give it a try.

What I'm "bleating" about is that when you KNOW you can't restraint her and her "sassyness", don't bother trying to hook up with her. That, is what I call desperation.

@post
I learned a lot. . . .
But you said, and I quote, "you never know . . . until you try" undecided LOL
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 26, 2009
C2H5OH:

But you said, and I quote, "you never know . . . until you try" undecided LOL
That's if you think it won't work out.
Assumption is different from certainty.

Take this for an example, a prostitute and a politician having a relationship (not an affair). You Know it wnt work out, why try? undecided This might not be the best example, but that's the only one I can think of right now.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by bluespice(f): 12:26am On Mar 26, 2009
ethanol, ur taking my words out of context
i was refering to the women being 'sassy n walking over men'
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 12:27am On Mar 26, 2009
bluespice:

ethanol, ur taking my words out of context
i was refering to the women being 'sassy n walking over men'

I am not.  Hopefully you can clarify what you meant.
I do and don't blame the girls who "walk over the men". A lot of the men are letting them get away with it.
Ebony-Silk:

That's if you think it won't work out.
Assumption is different from certainty.

Take this for an example, a prostitute and a politician having a relationship (not an affair). You Know it wnt work out, why try? undecided This might not be the best example, but that's the only one I can think of right now.
Yeah, that's a horrible example.  One that is far too extreme.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 26, 2009
Message passed.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by bluespice(f): 12:39am On Mar 26, 2009
exactly my point
u act without balls some women have domineering tendencies they see u acting like a wuss
they take over n show u how its done
its no fault of thiers
u wanna be in control wear the pants!
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 12:45am On Mar 26, 2009
bluespice:

exactly my point
u act without balls some women have domineering tendencies they see u acting like a wuss
they take over n show u how its done
its no fault of thiers
u wanna be in control wear the pants!
That's the reason why it's better to stay mute and keep your feelings in check.
What happened to honesty by the way? "This ain't the kinda relationship I envisioned boy, time for me to go " . They stay, milk you dry, then wait until it collapses? What rubbish.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by bluespice(f): 12:48am On Mar 26, 2009
now u talking of something completely different

well, to tackle tat issue, i guess then they are doing themselves and the unlucky boy 'favours' by being in the relationship
themselves so the can claim to be in a relationship
the boy so he doesnt 'break down'

folks with this amount of attitude believe killing u is a favour to u
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 12:49am On Mar 26, 2009
LOL

@topik
Actions do speak louder than words
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by bluespice(f): 12:54am On Mar 26, 2009
@ topic not been in any 'traditional' relationship so i cant say cheesy
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by topup: 2:05am On Mar 26, 2009
I think it's important to sort out who to let into your feelings and who not to, a partner is definitely NOT someone you should keep out, no matter how many times you've been hurt in the past. If you decide to have all the other benefits, you have to deal with the negatives as well, which means, opening up and risking it all, Heck!! It makes you stronger in the process.
Yes, men and women hurt each other equally. SHAME on all the boys and girls who hurt everyone who here is to advise us 'not to love openly' or to 'conceal your true emotion.' I think I even read here that 'not to treat any woman well',

Well, all I'm going to say is that, a good smart and sensible woman will NOT tolerate that, she won't think that you are a good guy deep down inside just protecting yourself, she'll think that you're just like the other wankers who treated her like crap, and it makes you no different from the people you dispise.

He/She will leave and they will become another you. Bitter, crushed and unsure. Maybe they might even post on Nairaland to tell us how her/his ex took them for granted, never showed them affection, etc.

I think everyone's too preoccupied with playing the game. There is NO loser in the game of love, if she moves on, you can also move on and eventually regain the control over your life, no matter the condition she left your heart in. You have to become stronger, not too gullable, not too harsh, because other than relationships, you need this sort of mentality to do life.

Speaking to my ex (whilst I was still dating him), he said the typical story; 'My first girlfriend cheated on me with my friend, so I find it hard trusting anyone. No one knows me, not even my closest friends.' and he looked deeply unhappy, admitting how it had limited him with making close friends and trusting people soon made him realised that sometimes s*** happens!!

He's not the only one to be hurt, as he explained how he protected himself against heartbreak, he began to realise that this barrier was also stopping us from going anywhere, and he let me in. Overwhelmed with emotion we hugged, he cried, and I didn't think any less of him, but guess what-- he was the one to break things off and stab me in the heart (LOL!!) - so should I never love again?

What do you think??
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 2:37am On Mar 26, 2009
I think the best way to avoid being left for dead is to mirror the type of attention your partner gives you.  You might be unhappy for the time being, but as you get to know one another you can open up more and express yourself.

I don't like your idea of risking it all and putting all your eggs in one basket.  You get badly hurt and damaged that way.  Sure you can learn from it after you move on, but the pain you endure/experience during that heartbreak is not a good feeling.  Why put yourself through that when it could be avoided  undecided . To avoid disappointment don't expect anything from anyone.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Epi: 4:31am On Mar 26, 2009
@topic:

I’ll never get hurt in love again, coz I’ll NEVER fall in love again

*Pinky Promise* harden my heart like a stone grin grin grin

1love

Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by HohDee(m): 7:11am On Mar 26, 2009
never fall in love, jst stay wit it
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by noblegas2(m): 8:20am On Aug 11, 2009
Lol, dats quite simple, although d lesson was quite a bad one but it helped, twas never to have a Girlfriend cuz ur heart ll be seriously damaged, it takes a man to stand up back again, so now i dont worry abt any girl actin naughty since we re all game, abi na, d gud side was dat i made up wit ma ex pretendin I still luv her so much & we started datin back & she luved me like crazy, she culdnt bliv it wen i turned d table around now she`s been chasin me, lol

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2009
You should dump her on valentine's day. Maybe even on christmas day if you can't wait till val's.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by oyinda3(f): 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2009
ouch. once upon a time there was a gay guy who used to be straight.
hint: he was dumped by his gf in vals day. dis is a true story lol
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Chomy4: 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2009
Due to the poverty level in the country,many of our ladies fail to dictate which is real love from fake love.The weight of your pocket determines the amount of love u get.Though not all are like that.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by ruffrider(f): 4:16am On Oct 22, 2010
Never waste your time on small penis that won't up
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by ruffrider(f): 4:18am On Oct 22, 2010
Never date broke guys
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by ruffrider(f): 4:23am On Oct 22, 2010
Never allow the other person to take up too much of your time. You might be in the middle of taking care of business or out of town on a business trip,and they call 50 times, asking, who is that in the background, and why didn't you answer your phone the first 44 times I call. undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Osama10(m): 4:30am On Oct 22, 2010
ruffrider:

Never allow the other person to take up too much of your time. You might be in the middle of taking care of business or out of town on a business trip,and they call 50 times, asking, who is that in the background, and why didn't you answer your phone the first 44 times I call. undecided undecided undecided
ruffrider:

Never date broke guys
ruffrider:

Never waste your time on small manliness that won't up

Why the Resurrection?
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 12, 2011
Everything happends for a reason.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by sexylogan(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2011
1. There's a big difference btw loving someone and being in love.

2. Only a fool tests the depth of water with both feet.

3. Before anyone can love you, you must first love yourself

4. Don't think with your heart, use your head.

5. Never say never.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Booty4me: 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by eckersley: 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
noblegas2:
Lol, dats quite simple, although d lesson was quite a bad one but it helped, twas never to have a Girlfriend cuz ur heart ll be seriously damaged, it takes a man to stand up back again, so now i dont worry abt any girl actin naughty since we re all game, abi na, d gud side was dat i made up wit ma ex pretendin I still luv her so much & we started datin back & she luved me like crazy, she culdnt bliv it wen i turned d table around now she`s been chasin me, lol

Baaaaad-o
Me no get that kind heart ooo
due to personal n religious 'parole'
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by adimloaded(f): 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
i learnt nver to fall in love until after six months.LOL
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
Learnt never to start a relationship with someone who is not ready to have one, no matter how much we are attracted to each other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ Boys Get In Here. Your Mumu Must Do. / When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.