Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,710 members, 7,862,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:19 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! (64715 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Nobody: 11:36am On May 12, 2009
what if manchester united lose their next two matches? what if??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by dayokanu(m): 1:02pm On May 12, 2009
You guys better learn how to play football and stop whining about refs
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by FBS: 1:22pm On May 12, 2009
we don hear. Anything else?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Ibime(m): 2:40pm On May 12, 2009
Looks like the Carlo Ancelotti nightmare is becoming a reality. I will be watching Chelsea from afar if he takes over. . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1180758/Chelsea-target-Ancelotti-edges-closer-Milan-exit-blast-Berlusconi.html

Chelsea target Ancelotti edges closer to Milan exit after blast from Berlusconi

Carlo Ancelotti has moved a step closer to joining Chelsea after receiving a stinging attack from AC Milan chief Silvio Berlusconi.

Ancelotti is the leading candidate to take over from Guus Hiddink at Stamford Bridge this summer.

Milan owner Berlusconi, whose side are seven points behind Serie A leaders and arch rivals Inter Milan, has blasted their failure to land the title, claiming it is 'all Ancelotti's fault'.

Berlusconi unleashed his anger while talking with a group of Italian tourists in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el Sheikh, where he is attending a summit.

'After Inter drew 2-2 with Chievo on Sunday I thought we had been given another chance but Vincenzo Iaquinta's equaliser for Juventus against Milan on Sunday has blown all our chances,' he told the visitors.

'Lots of times this season we have made tactical mistakes.

'We have lots of players who are good with the ball and who can run with the ball and we should have made more of these players but instead we went the other way.

'We should have used Ronaldinho more and we should have been more offensive and the defence needs to improve too often this season we gave away goals in the last few minutes of the match.

'As I say if we lose the title then it is all down to Ancelotti.'

Following last Sunday's draw with Juventus which effectively blew their dwindling title hopes, Ancelotti was asked about a move to England but insisted he would remain at Milan for another season. Inter can take the title on Sunday if they beat Siena.

Club vice-president Adriano Galliani refused to endorse Berlusconi's views, insisting now is not the time to discuss what might happen at the end of the season.

'I said and I repeat that I won't speak before May 31 on these things, or at least I won't speak before we have reached the direct qualification to the Champions League,' he said.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by switch47(m): 3:06pm On May 12, 2009
@IBIME
Good news, why not go for westerhof? grin grin Guss Hiddink almost killed all my chelsea predictions, except that they wont win the EPL ,UCL ,FA or anything.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 12, 2009
I'm not into the politics of coaches.
All that matters is one who can take us to our zenith.

PS
As long as its not Scolari cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by nateevs(m): 6:02pm On May 12, 2009
BlueDiva:

As long as its not Scolari cheesy

That's politics. . . grin grin

@Ibime.

I heard the story on talk sports today as well. Apparently this the 3rd time I am hearing this gist in 2 weeks and it's beginning to terrify me. If iit's true, the only thing I can ask is what's the attraction. I just can't see it. I would rather settle for Rijkaard then see Ancellotti here. The bloke can't speak english and that's the least of many other intolerable negatives about the him. . . how many times have we seen cases where communication proves an obstacle to success?

This story should stop abeg.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by switch47(m): 6:17pm On May 12, 2009
Ancellotti  is coming to the bridge !!! grin grin

Another Scolarii In disguise.   cheesy  When is he coming?  Next season of course!! grin  Who will Hire him??   Money bag!!
Who will fire him midway into next season?? Money bag suported by the player conspiracy!!  When is he likely to be fired??    After chelsea's Exit from the Carling cup. and shock defeat at home by Shefielf united!! grin grin grin Another season another drama. Cant wait, cant wait!! grin grin

but this conspiracy against coaches, most chelsea players may end up like Judas iscariot!! cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by olokun(m): 7:43pm On May 12, 2009
What i know and i believe is that Chelsea is coming back even right from this term by winning the FA Cup

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by dayokanu(m): 6:40am On May 13, 2009
What is the attraction in Ancelotti self? Na wa for this money miss road called Abramovich oh.

Is this the same Ancelotti that lost a 3-0 lead in the champions league final?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by FBS: 6:59am On May 13, 2009
The best thing RA has done this season was to send LFS away.
Why do I think GH will stay. cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by switch47(m): 7:07am On May 13, 2009
FBS:

The best thing RA has done this season was to send LFS away.
Why do I think GH will stay. cool
Wishful thinking---------
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 13, 2009
Obi to Inter?
Drog to Milan?. . .

Meanwhile. . .
Waiting for the 30th.
Can't wait to see the FA at SB.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by akinalabi(m): 4:09pm On May 13, 2009
@ Dayo, Ibime, Nateevs,

But the guy has 2 UCL titles. That is not a joke is it?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by tkb417(m): 4:23pm On May 13, 2009
@ Dayo, Ibime, Nateevs,
But the guy has 2 UCL titles. That is not a joke is it?

oh yeah. just like we knew Scolari won the world cup with Brasil
Amodu will win 3 UCL trophies with Milan grin grin

With Chelsea, hmmm, u need someone with his senses intact 100%
i dont believe in Ancellotti. Lets see, he might just surprise us all by winning his 3rd UCL trophy with Chelsea

but wait, why not Bilic?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Ibime(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2009
tkb417:

but wait, why not Bilic?

Good suggestion. . . . why not?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by khanye(m): 4:47pm On May 13, 2009
:2145960713mundoemot
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by nateevs(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2009
Yes Why not Slaven Bilic. . . ? Michael Ladrup?

Someone young, that's got passion for the game, get us playing good football and young enough to commit for the long term. This Ancelotti thingy is "vexing" me . . . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 13, 2009
Why not Zola?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by tkb417(m): 5:26pm On May 13, 2009
Why not Zola?
Zola for Chelsea shocked why not Siasia or Ogedengbe tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 13, 2009
Shocking?
Zola and Clark have been approached.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by agabaI23(m): 5:34pm On May 13, 2009
May be BlueDiva will do a better job considering her passion undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 13, 2009
True talk.
I promise to deliver the treble in my first year. cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by nateevs(m): 6:16pm On May 13, 2009
If only they could approach me. . . I will bring in all the players Ibime doesn't like grin grin but I will deliver the premiership.
Talking about the players Ibime doesn't fancy. . .

Diego has agreed terms with Juve.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Ibime(m): 6:25pm On May 13, 2009
Talking of players I don't like. . . . better people are talking of Gourcuff, Danel De Rossi etc, you are talking of Diego. . . .are you not tired of Scolari-esque and Arsene-esque type of football. . . .  shebi Juve have signed Diego. . . . I will highlight correlations between my criticism of Diego and the writer's below.  . . .

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2009/05/13/1262725/calcio-debate-diego-to-juventus-top-or-flop

[size=16pt]Calcio Debate: Diego To Juventus – Top Or Flop?[/size]

Werder Bremen star Diego has all but signed for Juventus, according to his representative. Carlo Garganese asks whether this is a good or bad move for the Bianconeri…

The official confirmation may not yet have arrived, and when Alessio Secco is in town you should never count your chickens, but it nevertheless seems highly likely that the Diego-Juventus transfer saga, which has lingered on for the best part of two years, is finally coming to an end. The Werder Bremen playmaker’s representative Giacomo Petralito confirmed yesterday to Kicker that “the three parties involved have already put signatures on the contracts.”

News of the transfer has been welcomed by the majority of Juventus tifosi, who have been praying for a big name midfielder ever since they returned to Serie A from their Calciopoli-imposed relegation. But is the Brazilian the man who will bring back the glory days to Turin?

The first thing to say about Diego is that in order for him to succeed, the environment and settings around him must be perfect. The 24-year-old cannot play in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. In either of these systems, he will be an almighty flop. Therefore, we can immediately deduce that Claudio Ranieri, who cannot flex to anything other than a 4-4-2, and has a dicey track record with fantasistas like Sebastian Giovinco, is not the right coach for Diego. The same can perhaps be said for touted Ranieri replacements Cesare Prandelli and Gian Piero Gasperini, who employ fast-paced 4-3-3 formations at Fiorentina and Genoa, respectively. Logically, this means Roma’s Luciano Spalletti, who has worked with ‘lazy’ players like Francesco Totti, Mirko Vucinic and Jeremy Menez, is the tactician to get the best out of Diego (although we must not discount youthful, unknown bandieras like Antonio Conte and Ciro Ferrara).

Diego must play in a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-2-3-1. Many experts argue that the team needs to be built around Diego for him to shine but, while this is true to an extent, the most important thing is that the ex-Santos man is in a team that plays a continental, passing game, and not direct, long balls. There is no denying that Diego always demands the ball, and likes to dictate the tempo, but there is no reason why he cannot co-exist with a Giovinco. The Samba star must be a key player though, and not just ‘one of the team’. He must be given creative licence, and not be expected to track back and fit into a rigid tactical system. Hence, another reason why Ranieri is the wrong man, and Spalletti possibly the right one.

The style and slow tempo of Serie A should suit Diego down to the ground. He is by no means a lightning-paced player, but he does have explosive moments of speed and skill. His slow, slow, fast approach is tailor-made for the peninsula. One criticism though is that he can drift out of games, which could pose a problem in away matches. Although, this has often been the case when Werder Bremen have been on the backfoot against stronger opponents. If Diego is in a Juventus team controlling the rhythm and dominating possession, he will be fine.

The imminent transfer of Diego is certainly a statement of intent from the much-maligned Juventus board, whose transfer history since 2006 has been nothing short of disastrous. The Old Lady has been crying out for a creative midfielder, and it seems she finally has one again. But, as the last man to lift the Champions League for Juve in 1996, Gianluca Vialli, remarked on Monday, “Diego is a great coup, but he alone will not be enough. In order to get back to being a great side, Juve have to think about strengthening other departments.”

Of course, Vialli was referring to the defence. The full-backs are simply not good enough, although Fabio Cannavaro will add steel and experience to the centre. If Cristian Molinaro, Zdenek Grygera and Olof Mellberg are still regular starters next season, then Juventus will win nothing. At least one top class terzino is required.

Diego is by no means a guaranteed hit in Italy, but if Juventus play to his strengths and employ the correct formation and tactical settings, they have a wonderfully-gifted player on their hands. Attacking midfielders are a strange phenomenon in Italy. For every legendary foreigner that has arrived, there has also been an utter disaster. Juventus will be hoping that Diego proves to be a Michel Platini or Zinedine Zidane, and not a Gaizka Mendieta or Ricardo Quaresma.

What are your views on Diego's proposed move to Juventus? Will he be a top or flop? Will the Brazilian take Juventus back to the top? Goal.com wants to know what YOU think,

Carlo Garganese, Goal.com
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Sauron1: 6:29pm On May 13, 2009
Diego and Giovinco combo looks deadly on paper.
I think it's about time Juventus get rid of Trezeguet. . . . . . .
Del Piero should be limited to 5 league appearances a season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Ibime(m): 6:31pm On May 13, 2009
Nateevs, since you love that useless style of football, you will of course love Carlo Ancelotti who is reportedly planning to bring slow-coach ninny Andrea Prilo to Chelsea if he takes over despite the fact we already have another waste of space called Deco for similar duties. I am sure you will like that.

I am so put-off by this Ancelotti guy, words cannot describe my opposition to his style of play, his mannerisms, his view of the game and the fact that he cannot speak English, plus he has only won one scudetto in 10 years of coaching Juve and Milan. Champions League means nothing to me. Players inspire themselves for Champions League. . . . but a coach who cannot inspire his team for the league is a no-no. . . . like I said, if it is true, I will be watching Chelsea from afar next season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by nich(m): 6:38pm On May 13, 2009
any room for a Barca friend here? cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by UyiIredia(m): 7:06pm On May 13, 2009
ain't 4 da blues but a Gunner 4 life just thot  that [b]C[/b]razy
                                                                                       [b] H[/b]eretics
                                                                                       [b] E[/b]xpired
                                                                                       [b] L[/b]azybones
                                                                                       [b]S[/b]tupid
                                                                                       [b]E[/b]ndangered
                                                                                       [b] A[/b]bramovich's toy's           grin grin grin grin
should know ><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by nateevs(m): 7:57pm On May 13, 2009
Ibime,

The fact that I like Diego does not mean I don't see other players. I like Gorcuff. . . but I am still not convinced he is consistent enough. I will prefer Dzagoev over Gorcuff any day.

I will release Ballack, Belletti, Miniero, Ferreira, Carvalho, Malouda and Drogba. I will bring in Dzagoev, Ribery, Affelay, Xabi Alonso (Yes Xabi) and Benzema. I will complete the signing of Quaresma, then introduce DiSanto, Kakuta, Manciene, Van Aanholt and Fabio Borini as full squad members from the youth.
This way, I have not spent a lot and I have reduced drastically the wage bill whilst still maintaining the strength of the team. . .

I have also reduced the average age of the team and increased the pace and creativity in the side. I will want us to move away from the rigid, Maka style, Mikel style DM and move into a more fluid system whilst retaining the strength. . Hence the choice of Xabi.

I still don't know how to play Essien. .

My team set-up will look like this.

-------------------------------Cech/Hilario---------------------------------

Bosingwa/Ivanovic-------Alex/Manciene-------Terry-----------------Cole/Van Aanholt

-------------------------------Mikel/Xabi-------------------------------------

---------Dzagoev/Kakuta-----------------------Lampard/Essien-----------

Ribery/Quaresma/Cole--------- ------Affelay/Kalou

----------------------Anelka/Benzema/DiSanto/Borini----------------------

I will be ready to compete with the best . . . It will be a young, strong and passionate side. Able to challenge with the bests of this world, whilst playing the most entertaining football alive. . . I will hand this set-up to over to Gus Hiddink and no single team in the premiership will beat us. Not one. . . .

If only wishes were horses though.

FYI Ibime, I don't like Ancellotti. . I have reiterated many times. . . . I just fancy Diego that's all. . . I remember a lot of people saying the same about Arshavin when I was on this forum shouting his name one and two seasons ago.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by tkb417(m): 8:02pm On May 13, 2009
I will be ready to compete with the best . . . It will be a young, strong and passionate side. Able to challenge with the bests of this world, whilst playing the most entertaining football alive. . . I will hand this set-up to over to Gus Hiddink and no single team in the premiership will beat us. Not one.

i laff in pidgin.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! by Ibime(m): 8:23pm On May 13, 2009
Me, I laugh in kirike.

Motherphocker says Gourcuff is incosistent. . . . inconsistent enough to win French player of the year. . . .

Speaking of consistency, it is your friends like Diego, Robinho, Deco et al who need to be worried about consistency, not Mr consistent Gourcuff himself.

Xabi Alonso at DM. . . . a DM who needs protection. . . . I laugh in Spanish. . .

All your strikers are physically weak. . . and Benzema aint coming, neither is Ribery, so stop dreaming in Sanscrit. . .

Kakuta in central midfield?

This guy, stop playing fantasy football. . . . you would make a dreadful coach. . . . grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (101)

Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Strictly Chelsea Talk: / Manchester United Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.