Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

In Need Of A Professional Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In Need Of A Professional Advice (18266 Views)

Professional Advice Needed / Please I Need Urgent And Professional Advice. / Career Dilemma Please Advice A Poor Boy In Need Of Professional Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of A Professional Advice by stillchris: 9:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Good day all. i have decided to quit my job and go into the Domestic & Commercial cleaning services business and i need advise from those in the industry.

I've always had that entrepreneurial mindset but my parents' pressure for a white collar job made me look for work and i got one in a telecoms servicing company as a project supervisor (of which the PM has left me to do his job while he still goes home with his fat check while i manage my peanut).

To cut the story short, i've always wanted to be an entrepreneur in the cleaning industry and every passing day in this frustrating job makes me feel like my life is slipping away and a passion inside me dying.

i have gained the knowledge after extensive research and due to my strong interest, i've also gone for training.

i want those in the industry, or those with the knowledge of how the industry thrives in Nigeria to help me with professional advise.

is it a profitable business in an envirinment like lagos? whats the prospect for a start up like me etc...

please i will appreciate if this topic hits frontpage so i can get good advise as i intend quitting my job by december and pursue my dream from next year.

thanks.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by INTROVERT(f): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2015
contact chogon on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2015
It's a very good business......

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by stillchris: 10:36am On Aug 13, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
It's a very good business......

please can you shed more light
Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by stillchris: 11:07am On Aug 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
contact chogon on nairaland
thanks. i went through their profile and all. they are yet to respond though.
Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 13, 2015
stillchris:

please can you shed more light

People are lazy when it comes to washing especially clothes that is why every car wash business seems to be booming........if people have the opportunity to take their dishes to plate "washer" they will not hesitate.....As long as humans are still humans Washing business will strive . Anyways people are already aware of this explaining the reason you see up to Ten car wash in a steet and tons of laundry business in a street. The only way you can stand out is if you are innovative and creative in the business e.g branding and packaging e.t.c. I have a brother ( not related) he started with his friend cloths this year March precisely , coming back from school I went to his place (house ) see cloth everywhere and with the rate @ which he's planning to get a two bedroom flat # going corporate with a small ride .

10 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by stillchris: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

People are lazy when it comes to washing especially clothes that is why every car wash business seems to be booming........if people have the opportunity to take their dishes to plate "washer" they will not hesitate.....As long as humans are still humans Washing business will strive . Anyways people are already aware of this explaining the reason you see up to Ten car wash in a steet and tons of laundry business in a street. The only way you can stand out is if you are innovative and creative in the business e.g branding and packaging e.t.c. I have a brother ( not related) he started with his friend cloths this year March precisely , coming back from school I went to his place (house ) see cloth everywhere and with the rate @ which he's planning to get a two bedroom flat # going corporate with a small ride .

Thanks bro. I forgot to specify the area I want to go into and I have done so in the bolden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by stillchris: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
It's so encouraging to be your own Boss.
But fear women, they can swallow all your hard earned money & you will pack your slippers and one jeans go village.

13 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by donbugy(m): 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
Okay good luck..

Fresh spamming tools available.
Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by kayo80(m): 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
I wish you all the best...Just know the first few months "might" be tough...So, brace yourself.

3 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Georgekyrian(m): 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
Go ahead
Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by ijbeauty(f): 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
Am here to read comments.. No vex
Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by jammani(m): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Can't you get someone to do that for you while you become the CEO/MD?

With your present job, that's Multiple Streams of Income

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Afam4eva(m): 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
Set things in motion before you resign. Being an entrepreneur is not by proclamation. You need to have the know how and be financially capable. I see a lot of so-called entrepreneurs roaming the street of Lagos with one loaf of Agege bread on one hand and a copy of "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" on the other hand.

41 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by engrjosefz(m): 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
Go ahead... it's a nice choice but you would have started it while still running your current job before you quit.

6 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
Alright, its good. Be your own boss. The beginning may not be smooth or as you expect, but be positive and persevere. Success

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by tunwumi: 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Omotayor123(f): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ask yourself if you are financially ready...
Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
My dear if your job PAYS WELL, I beg of you DO NOT QUIT. The entrepreneural market is Saturated. Almost Every graduate/non graduate is now a business person. I understand the joy of being an entrepreneur but please do your home work well before bandwagoning. #My1cent

9 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by kobonaire(m): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Nice ambition. What is your growth potential in your current employment? Even though your current pay may not be high enough you could be earning your bosses level of pay in a few years.
The service business you are thinking requires a bit of investment: cleaning equipment, supplies, personnel etc. Profit margins will be marginal and you will surely make money only as you get a reasonable service contracts. Personally I don't think you should quit just yet. Follow your dreams though. Business lessons learned as an entrepreneur will always help your career too.

4 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by YerYer: 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Goodluck... But do u have the capital for this business?

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by cluewebhost(m): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
Since you are not sure of profitability start it with your job first.

See if the proceeds can sustain or have potential to sustain your lifestyle.

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hmm
Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by sandrel(f): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
Make proper arrangement before you leave if not your name na sorry!

3 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
stillchris:
Good day all. i have decided to quit my job and go into the Domestic & Commercial cleaning services business and i need advise from those in the industry.

I've always had that entrepreneurial mindset but my parents' pressure for a white collar job made me look for work and i got one in a telecoms servicing company as a project supervisor (of which the PM has left me to do his job while he still goes home with his fat check while i manage my peanut).

To cut the story short, i've always wanted to be an entrepreneur in the cleaning industry and every passing day in this frustrating job makes me feel like my life is slipping away and a passion inside me dying.

i have gained the knowledge after extensive research and due to my strong interest, i've also gone for training.

i want those in the industry, or those with the knowledge of how the industry thrives in Nigeria to help me with professional advise.

is it a profitable business in an envirinment like lagos? whats the prospect for a start up like me etc...

please i will appreciate if this topic hits frontpage so i can get good advise as i intend quitting my job by december and pursue my dream from next year.

thanks.

Look this is probably one of the most important decisions u will be making this year provided u have the required cash to drive this dream to reality. Vertually most of the richest people on planet earth are entrepreneurs. I did the same thing and resigned from a very good job to set up my own and today u can't compare me with most of my mates. Ride on bro. Ur surely on the right part to success.
Note: Ur services must be customer oriented and not profit oriented for a start. Op u can thank me later Kutuma buraubanna grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by lastmessenger: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
that got me cracking. one loaf of Agege Bread and a copy of rich dad poor Dad.
meanwhile i dont understand this cleaning business at all. do you mean dry cleaner or what?
Afam4eva:
Set things in motion before you resign. Being an entrepreneur is not by proclamation. You need to have the know how and be financially capable. I see a lot of so-called entrepreneurs roaming the street of Lagos with one loaf of Agege bread on one hand and a copy of "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" on the other hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by Venom104: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
fiftynaira:

Keeping my fingers crossed

If I may ask missy how do u do the FTC magic?

Are u the same person with ladyF and lala?

Jst asking cos I and my friends ponder on these all day

HOW JOBLESS ARE YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS?? grin grin

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The New Lagos Police Command PPRO / Oladayo Timothy, MD Ressortir Global Denies Gideon Okoli's Claims / How Much Do You Pay Your Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.