Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

In Need Of A Professional Advice - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In Need Of A Professional Advice (18274 Views)

Professional Advice Needed / Please I Need Urgent And Professional Advice. / Career Dilemma Please Advice A Poor Boy In Need Of Professional Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by mekussays: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2015
Leadn:

Thank you sire for this piece. I have been battling with same issue and this post just gave me all the needed final push to kicks start my new venture.

I appreciate. Thanks once more.

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by mekussays: 8:54am On Aug 14, 2015
chlowi:
Op, I will write from experience, 3years ago, I was working at a kitchen company, my pay W's btwn 50k to 70k, well I worked for the company as a sales person and made a lot of contact, as times past, the zeal of being my own boss continued to grow in me, I had a knack for hair making, during my stay at d company, I saved up to a million naira, because all I could think of was to start a beauty parlour of my own.
Well to cut the long story short, I resigned, against all words of advice I got from family and friends to keep my job then, start the business and keep it running for a year, before leaving finally.

I got a place, and all the equipment required for a standard unisex salon, boom, d salon was up and running but within three months, I started to see why I W's advised to keep my job and run the business for a year, the first year was very challenging, because it entailed. Building a strong loyal clientele who would have to get used to patronising and getting used to your location, the cash wasn't coming in as I anticipated.

I wasn't even making up to what I earned after deducting salaries, and paying bills monthly, as a matter of fact nothing, I also had some challenges that required extra finances to settle to boost my business up, but because at that initial stage, there wasn't any other source of income and I as d ceo W's making barely nothing a month, I became stuck , broke and didn't even know where my next rent (house and shop) was to come from.

Behold, after 6months, I was back to the market, hunting for job, I soon got another job! And it became much easier.

Where am I headed? All I am saying in a nutshell is, stay with Ur current job, kick strt ur business, run the 2, give your business 3 years to stabilise, before you finally resign. I only pray, you can jiggle through both.... all the best.

Hmm what an experience.

However, I will say that the business you decided to venture into is a business that constantly fails. Salon has a high failure rate. Therefore you cannot rate all businesses on this experience

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Professional Advice by takleboy(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2015
persius555:
You shouldnt have sourced for proffesional advice on nairaland. Many are kill joys. Go on the streets, ask the everyday washman on the street(no matter how small)what the challenges are, do not present yourself as a CEO or something before setting out, look around you and see how you can offer a better service and find out what the present challenges are, get involve in the initial dirty laundry tasks, start with the low paying clienteles first(of course that might depend your choice of location, leverage on the internet and lastly your customer's satisfaction should not be ignored. Wish u the best.

Take this point serious please. LEVERAGE ON THE INTERNET

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out / May Day: Lecturers, Doctors, Others To Benefit From Pay Rise, Says FG / How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.