Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis (39407 Views)

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by mufutau55(m): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aventures:
The arrival of the marine board for decking. Action commences fully on our first deck.

There goes my Boss... ACTION.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by twinskenny(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
segcymoor:

how far?

fine sir.. items leaving US this weekend we be here by next weekend surely
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
@ Tx fir beleiving in us.

@Twinskenny pls be set for action
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by twinskenny(m): 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aventures:
@ Tx fir beleiving in us.

@Twinskenny pls be set for action
alright boss
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
First deck work in Progress

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
pics

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by kkonsults: 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
Welldone sir.. nice work..
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
kkonsults:
Welldone sir.. nice work..
Thanks bro

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
pics

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by twinskenny(m): 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Aventures:
Thanks bro
now making sense grin
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 9:19am On Nov 02, 2015
twinskenny:
now making sense grin
Thanks
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Horlawoomey(m): 11:54am On Nov 02, 2015
This is a very nice project taking place, keep it up sir. I am a graduate with HND in Civil Engineering with 2 years experience in site supervision, cost estimation, material testing and project report. I passed out of NYSC 2 weeks ago and looking forward to work with little or no financial gain for the main time in order to gather some more experience in this noble profession. Pls you can reach me on 08135.134212 or huthman27@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by patnas2007: 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
Good Evening all, My name is Anthony. I am very new to nairaland as a matter of fact today is my first day on naira land and i must say, i am really impressed with what i have been reading so far and the pictures that have been coming in. I am a geologist and also an architect. my love for construction drove me to obtain a second degree in architecture.

I really look forward to learning a lot from this tread.
Respect goes to
Eng Aventures
Arch Segmoore(I love what you are doing).

Fly ash(Quarry Dust) is the best option for replacing sand added to precast concrete.

Though you have to be really careful when you make purchases of flash ash. Its not just dust from quarry's, There is also a process in producing flash ash. You should really take consideration in the class of fly ash being used. If not well produced it might be hazardous both to human health(though Over a period of time) and also to concrete mixtures.

Fly ash can indeed be used for so many building applications like Soil Stabilization, As a replacement for cement in concrete mixtures(Be very careful though if the wrong class is used it can cause the precast mixture to loose its resistance to water and think of the many hazards u possibly can think of) even in damp proofing...(wait till you see my damp proofing solutions). If the Right class is used it increases the strength of concrete mixtures,block mixtures...and even improves the curing time.

If you want to build a house today much care and attention should be given to strength of materials used. one might have the proper Rebar construction for your beams,columns,roof slabs etc.... but with the wrong materials and mixtures, The story of a project might be like that of SOLOMON GRUNDI.

Aventures I am so loving the material used for your deck form work. Thats quality work and material prevents air spaces in your mixture good choice.

Kudos to
Eng Biyi
Eng Aventures
Arch Moore.
My Ogas @ the top wink

Have a blessed week Nairalanders.
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by smiley001(m): 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
patnas2007:
Good Evening all, My name is Anthony. I am very new to nairaland as a matter of fact today is my first day on naira land and i must say, i am really impressed with what i have been reading so far and the pictures that have been coming in. I am a geologist and also an architect. my love for construction drove me to obtain a second degree in architecture.

Respect goes to
Eng Aventures

Fly ash(Quarry Dust) is the best option for replacing sand added to precast concrete.

Though you have to be really careful when you make purchases of flash ash. Its not just dust from quarry's, There is also a process in producing flash ash. You should really take consideration in the class of fly ash being used. If not well produced it might be hazardous both to human health(though Over a period of time) and also to concrete mixtures.

Fly ash can indeed be used for so many building applications like Soil Stabilization, As a replacement for cement in concrete mixtures(Be very careful though if the wrong class is used it can cause the precast mixture to loose its resistance to water and think of the many hazards u possibly can think of) even in damp proofing...(wait till you see my damp proofing solutions). If the Right class is used it increases the strength of concrete mixtures,block mixtures...and even improves the curing time.

If you want to build a house today much care and attention should be given to strength of materials used. one might have the proper Rebar construction for your beams,columns,roof slabs etc.... but with the wrong materials and mixtures, The story of a project might be like that of SOLOMON GRUNDI.

Aventures I am so loving the material used for your deck form work. Thats quality work and material prevents air spaces in your mixture good choice.

Kudos to
Eng Biyi
Eng Aventures
Arch Moore.
My Ogas @ the top wink

When I said Aventures meant Quality, I knew wot I was saying.
Imagine using marine boards for columns and beams, Isn't that 'CLASSY'?

Ride on sir.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
patnas2007:

Respect goes to
Eng Aventures

Kudos to
Eng Biyi
Eng Aventures
Arch Moore.
My Ogas @ the top wink

Thanks a lot for your input. I will like to have a chat with you. Pls drop ur contact for me tx
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by erico2k2(m): 1:43am On Nov 03, 2015
Aventures:
Thanks a lot for your input. I will like to have a chat with you. Pls drop ur contact for me tx
please respond to my question regarding the capping action when you did not pour concrete on the fillings.
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
patnas2007:

Respect goes to
Eng Aventures

Kudos to
Eng Biyi
Eng Aventures
Arch Moore.
My Ogas @ the top wink

I actually expected your contact so that we can have some clarification on fly ash and quarry dust. You are having a kind of misunderstanding about quarry dust and fly ash. This items are two different material and from two different sources. We need to clarify this for the purpose of people who come on here to learn.
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
Let us talk about Fly Ash.

Fly ash is a bye product obtain from coal combustion, and it is a fine particle that can be used as an admixture in concrete and "NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR FINE AGGREGATE" it increases the strength of concrete when added rightly. You are right by saying that right class of fly ash must be used or else it will be of negative effect. Fly ash contains several chemical combinations but ultimately a good one for concrete admixture should not contain more than 20% carbon.
I am sure you know we have several admixtures that can be added to concrete, for instance we have retardant which slows down the rate of concrete setting, we also have admixture for rapid hardening of concrete and so on and so forth.

Even our banana and plantain peels when converted to ash under controlled condition could be used an admixture.

Quarry Dust:

Quarry dust is a byproduct of granite crushing process at quarry site, at the quarry site rocks are blast by dynamite to break rocks into smaller conveyable size, and it is then transfer to crusher. In the process of crushing different sizes of granite will be produced, and the various sizes will be separated, in all this process the dust generated which is of considerable size like that of river sand or a bit finer is called stone dust or quarry dust. This quarry dust has been proven over and over by researchers, form reputable institutes and in our own little tiny way here on NL, that it produces a concrete higher in strength than concrete with river sand as the fine aggregate. Beyond strength it is proven to be a good replacement for river sand not only in strength but in all properties of concrete.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2015
This is conclusion of one of the journals:

Conclusion
The analysis of experimental data showed that the
addition of the quarry dust improved the strength
properties of concrete which was on par with that of
conventional concrete. From above testing results, it is
inferred that the quarry dust may be used as an effective
replacement material for natural river sand. The increase
of cement content in the mortar phase shows an increase
in the strength. The fine quarry dust tends to increase the
amount of superplasticizers needed for the quarry mixes
in order to achieve the rheological properties. The 28
days compressive strength of 100% replacement of sand
with quarry dust of mortar cube (CM 1:1) is 11.8% higher
than the controlled cement mortar cube. The 56 days
maximum Compressive strength for 100% replacement of
sand with quarry dust of 400 kg/m3 at F/C=0.6 was
17.45% higher than the reference concrete. At 56 days
the maximum split tensile strength 100% replacement of
sand with quarry dust of 400 kg/m3 at F/C=0.6 was
15.25% higher than the reference concrete. The
maximum modulus of elasticity at 100% replacement of
sand with quarry dust of 300 kg/m3 at F/C=0.6 is 10.24%
higher than the reference concrete. When the quarry dust
has high fineness, its usage in the normal concrete is
limited because it increases the water demand.
REFERENCES
Celik T, Marar K (1996). Effects of crushed stone dust on some
properties of concrete, Cement Concrete Res., 26(7):1121-1130.
De Larrard F, Belloc A (1997). The influence of aggregate on the
compressive strength of normal and high-strength concrete. ACI
Mater J., 94(5):417–426.
Galetakis M, Raka S (2004). Utilization of limestone dust for artificial
stone production: an experimental approach. Miner. Eng., 17:355–
Gambhir ML (1995). Concrete Technology-Second Edition, Tata
McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, New Delhi.
Goble CF, Cohen MD (1999). Influence of aggregate surface area on
mechanical properties of mortar. ACI Mater. J., 96(6):657–662.
IS: 516-1959. Indian Standard Methods of Test for Strength of concrete.
Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
Nevillie AM (2002). Properties of Concrete –Fourth and Final Edition,
Pearson Education Limited, Essex.
Safiuddin M, Zain MFM, Mahmud MF, Naidu RS (2001). Effect of quarry
dust and mineral admixtures on the strength and elasticity of
concrete, Proceedings of the Conference on Construction
Technology, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia, pp. 68-80

Source:

www.mnkjournals.com/ijlrst.../18-6064-Anitha%20selva%20sofia
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by patnas2007: 12:44am On Nov 06, 2015
Aventures:

Good Morning Eng Aventures.
Indeed Quarry Dust and Fly ash are a bit different,but some how similar because of their replacement properties. I guess i must have misunderstood the contents of the post.
you use quarry dust as a replacement for sand in concrete, that's wonderful. But if the two are used together(Fly ash and quarry Dust) you will achieve improved strength in concrete. Go back to your journals on fly ash and read a lot about it.
I love your person Aventures, You make your research very well. i am impressed with your work.

Have a lovely day ahead

My Contact
Anthony Ajayi
patnas_2007@yahoo.com
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by patnas2007: 12:47am On Nov 06, 2015
From the pictures you can see how finely finished the columns look. Those marine boards i can sleep on them. cheesy Nice work
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by topsy23: 6:21am On Nov 06, 2015
Good speed boss. More grease to your elbow
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 11:44am On Nov 07, 2015
Work Progress:
Formwork and reinforcement detailing in progress

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 11:45am On Nov 07, 2015
more pics

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
First deck ready for casting

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
more picd

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
pics
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
more pics

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2015
stair hall work

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by lafolabi(m): 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
A good work like this is surely handled by competent, qualified, experienced and profesional body.
Is my pleasure to be part of the construction of this building.
Well done Engr Niyi (aventure)

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
To God be the Glory . First deck concrete finally achieved. one down two more to go.
Re: Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis by Aventures(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
Some pics of work in progress

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m / 10 Object-shaped Buildings From Around The World / Why Is Nigerian Architecture So Uninspiring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.