Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,164 members, 7,852,965 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:12 AM

Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations (34908 Views)

Raji Fashola Visits Governor Fayose (Photos) / Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2015
vague:
use unclear and stop mentioning me joor

Will do...lol
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by jlinkd78(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2015
aresa:

I did not insult you. Qualifying the things you say and insulting yo are 2 different things.

Btw, where is the sense in saying you are Fashola admirers but won't even give the man the benefit of the doubt by simply waiting for facts and evidence to come out before crucifying the same man you claim you admire?

Why are you Nigerians always trying to do things the wrong and 419 way?

Learn to do things the right way by coming up with facts and evidence before smearing people and going to town with baseless and faceless nonsense that you can not even convict a goat with...

Allegations of wrongdoing are not resolved without evidence, neither are they resolved in press conferences.... - BRF
bro u just typed 'I did insult u' confirming there is a congenital insulting code inside of u. Even when u probably wantd to write 'did not' d code recognises 'did'. u address my comment as foolish n irresponsible and u didnt insult? only God knws what happens if u actually decide to insult. Criticism is different from crucifixion and ppl arent crucifying Fash but objectively being critical on him on this particular one. Dat ll defintely bring out d best in him and ppl like u are best known as sycophants and when eventually d man crashes u disown him and move on. The evidence n fact came from Fash himself once he admitted d 78million naira contract and poorly defended it. I wud v taken it up against his traducers if indeed d 78milla stuff was a lie but was shockd. Mr Arase I advise u pause a lil, go thru all ur comments since yday and know how many ppl if any reasons alongside u, then ask urself how come u are d only 'reasonable' Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by ExInferis(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2015
aresa:

Why do you people keep coming up with personal apples and oranges stories?

If you are going to bring up cost and charges, you should start by telling us how much it cost to not only build the multiple websites, but also upload and itemize 1,844 videos, 34,381 photographs, 2,531 Press releases and 595 speeches among other items of public communication and service and maintain it for the rest of your life.

Please state categorically your cost for doing this job for the rest of your life.

wow. Apples and oranges. You dont even know what the expression means, seeing as we're talking within the context of a single scenario.

so it costs tens of millions to FTP media now? wow.

The management of the website is for a year. even if they charge 2 million per month, that's still 24 million (which is still horribly expensive). thre's still over 40m unaccounted for.

it's kind of silly to believe any government quotation at face value. this is the same system where 90m was allocated for newspapers and 1billion for food at Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2015
Am sorry your excellency, you are just an unapologetic looter like the rest of your cohorts, I had hoped that you will clarify a typographical error, sadly you have confirmed the figures with unreasonable excuses. As intelligent and exposed as I assumed you to be, you actually believed this your "Defence" would "clear the air"?

So this is how you were spending the billions you were borrowing?

Maybe this anti-corruption war you and your associates postulate is actually a facade!!!

Am pretty sure if I give @Seun N40 Million, he'll happily build me a better nairaland with apps in popular platforms, and fashola is trying to justify a N78 Million Naira blog with apps, haba

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by logica(m): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2015
LastProphet:

bros my friend worked in a team that got paid over 55mil changing just aspect of union bank portal in 2013. bros do you know how much companies like shell pay for their portal annual renewal? see just like fash mentioned, if you award a shady contract will you put it on the website and call it by a simple name like just 'website upgrade? ' bros will that be the name you give something you are using to chop money? bros in summary, N78mil cannot even pay for maintenance of a website. i do IT business and can comfortably tell you that. i bet it cost unilag more than this for every 2 to 3 years
LOL. No wonder Union Bank is lagging behind. Anyway, you said portal, not website. Maybe even you don't know the details; but a portal might include things like integration such as SAP. GTBank did their WHOLE website for 5 million. Please tell us how much Shell pays for their portal annual renewal. And I hope you know the difference between a PORTAL and a simple content management system (CMS) like Fashola's website.

2 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by mapet: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2015
How much is justifiable?
pedel:
The press release makes sense.
Anyone with facts to the contrary should present it. You need evidence to proof corruption.
It's true someone has to pay for app download.
Still I don't know if 78 million Naira is justifiable.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by mapet: 11:02am On Aug 14, 2015
1. It is not a personal website, but an official website
2 That it bears tundefashola.com, though with his name, was more of the image he cuts through that office...........
3. There is a Lagos state website http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng as with all government, but that website is not specific and all too encompassing, hence the creation of the personalized website to address target needs i.e. developmental projects, citizens' engagements, video and audio fora etc
4. Fashola has a personal website which is www.brforg.org...
5. I think the onus is on the challengers to articulate their points and forward to ICPC and let Fashola defend himself............

Meiji:
I'm not into website design so I can't speak with confidence on the appropriateness of the amount, so there you go. But why should any activities of a Lagos State governor be reported on a personal website? Why not have an "Office of the Governor" website (maybe lagosstategovernor.com or something) where the activities of the Lagos State Governor would be reported and would host communication lines with the citizens? Maybe Akinwunmi Ambode would have taken over the website by now and continued using it. That would have been more appropriate.

Why should the activities of Fashola as Governor be reported or displayed on a personal website, "tundefashola.com"?

It still smacks of abuse of office to me. He should answer for this.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by fxskye: 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
obailala:
In all honesty, I must confess, this response seems empty to me... I expected something more 'robust.'

Pls provide your own robust argument against his response. Then we can know who is more intelligent between you and him (BRF)
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
lawyer:
Pls web developers in the house this is a very simple question. How much would it cost to put a mobile apps for social media and a hand over clock? Besides have you seen the website? Is that website worth N12million? And finally to maintain and upgrade that website, would it cost N78million?

Please let's be objective here and stop playing favourism. Fraud has no name and has no party. If it would cost N78million to create and maintain that website, then nobody would be able to afford a website in Nigeria.

Also if it was a PDP minister or governor that spent N78million to do that site, in all honesty what would be your reaction?

This is Nigeria's money we are talking about and tax payers money spent recklessly with a rebuttal given with so much aloofness sprinkled with a smattering of GEJs " I don't give a damn what you think" mentality.

This favourism of APC good and PDP bad must stop. What is bad is bad and this is very bad and what is most upsetting to me is that APCfans fail to condemn this misappropriation because it's Fashola. If Buhari fails to look into how tax payers money has been spent recklessly, this whole probe business should just be seen as a huge joke and selective. When it comes to fraud there is no special pikin and the earlier Nigeria understands it the better.

I am really pissed off at his rebuttal and his lack of humility and empathy to this sensitive issue is border line arrogant and sickening.

Your comment shows why things don't get done in Nigeria because it's all noise but no logic. It all shows why many corruption cases are thown out for want of evidence in Nigeria. Let us examine four "take-away" from Fasola's response:

1. There was actually a process leading to the award of that contract. A ministry knowledgeable in IT issues gave an opinion and another agency gave a No Objection approval. In other words, a laid down procedure was followed and was approved by the parliament. This is different from awarding a contract without following laid down procedure; and it is different from awarding a contract for a non existent website, which would have been an outright fraud. Technically, Fasola has exonerated himself. He merely approved what the expert deemed reasonable. Now, why are you not asking for the name of the man or woman who wrote expert opinion? Fasola is responding to this allegation because he bears vicarious responsibility for anything that happens in his government. However, since he is not all-knowing(at least not an IT expert), the ACTUAL responsibility lies with people that provided justification for its approval. Except of course you can prove Fasola pressurized them to issue such an opinion or justification.

2. He provided a reason why the website was needed and in addition supplied statistics on the website itself( he actually did his home work before issuing a response) and said the state is paying for people that download apps from the website. The data he cited seem to suggest the website was well utilized. In other words, the actual reason behind the website was justifiable.

3.For you to prove wrong doing, you need to supply evidence that a proper procedure was not followed in awarding the contract, that the reason for setting up the website was a ruse because it was never utilized or barely utilized. Or provide a counter statistics that there were no downloads or substantial downloads from the website that warranted such a fee or write a counter technical opinion why the fee was astronomical. In other words, it's easy to say someone is a thief but it's actually difficult to prove it. That's the essence of Fasola's message to CACOL, that allegations are not resolved on the pages of newspaper, you need solid evidence.

4. Are you rating the website based on its aesthetics or its utility? That a website is visually appealing doesn't make its cost to be justifiably high. Also, that it is not as visually appealing as it should be, does not mean it is cheap. therefore when you insinuated the website was overvalued, on what basis should we determine that, its aesthetics? Now can you provide any website that has similar objective to that of Fasola, in any country, that is worth far less what Fasola approved for this website?

You don't have to like his rebuttal but if you don't have a factual and a logical basis to counter his rebuttal, please keep quiet. Shouting there are thieves in PDP and APC; there should be no favoritism is not the issue. The real issue is simple: can you prove wrong going? If you can't, please shut up. This is a different case from that of Stella Oduah who purchased cars that were never budgeted for, without a laid down procedure and who issued an approval beyond her statutory limit. In addition, those cars were purchased for reasons that could not be satisfactorily justified. That was a clear case of corruption, glaring and straightforward. This Fasola issue, is not a case of corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by hush15: 1:00am On Aug 15, 2015
helsinkiman:
Story for the gods.... All services listed can be procured for less than 10million naira. Oga fash...u no try ooo.

Don'tmind ssome illiterates who don't understand building , hosting or designing website. That the site can be accessible on mobile device is at such outrageous cost is something to look into. Even when you building a data center from scratch with the latest security protocols, half of that amount will do not to mention an ordinary site to showcase his personal activities as brf, not even a governor.

shame on fashola. I manage network infrastructure of multinationals and I can authoritatively say, that amount is not just astronomic but wicked and complete misappropriation. Out of over 14 million lagos in, a mere 2 million hits and he thinks it's a success. We're lagos ins aware of these sites? Rubbish and yet, he speaks bout integrity.

God punish him... I still don't see what the idiot did for lagos

even the Oracle platform lagos uses to pay pensioners doesn't cost that much...

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 15, 2015
Good from BRF
At least the noise makers will keep quiet now
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by khalleb(m): 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kinglekan

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abia Women Beg Ikpeazu To Stay As Governor / Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video / Ondo Elections: Native Doctor Fortifying Eyitayo Jegede's Billboard - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.