Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,687 members, 7,955,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations (35088 Views)

Raji Fashola Visits Governor Fayose (Photos) / Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Benstus: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
The company that the contract was awarded to has denied receiving N78m stating that they were awarded the contract for N10m and the contract sum included all the things Mr Fashola stated above (i.e. mobile app etc). Can Fashola please tell us if the same contract was awarded to another company too or where N68m vanished to. I hate politicians attributing everything to distractors and haters without addressing the issue at hand and you will find stupid people saying "this politician is my role model", "I love Fashola". Keep loving and suffering while your destiny is being destroyed by these stupid politicians.

6 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
neocortex:

Any objection that he stole 78 million naira to upgrade a website ,
Do you know the gravity of this allegation ?

Learn to respond objectively to issues.

lol @ gravity..... grin

Carry your gravity go court now...
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Benstus:
The company that the contract was awarded to has denied receiving N78m stating that they were awarded the contract for N10m and the contract sum included all the things Mr Fashola stated above (i.e. mobile app etc). Can Fashola please tell us if the same contract was awarded to another company too or where N68m vanished to. I hate politicians attributing everything to distractors and haters without addressing the issue at hand and you will find stupid people saying "this politician is my role model", "I love Fashola". Keep loving and suffering while your destiny is being destroyed by these stupid politicians.

You are the one destroying your destiny by whining on the internet instead of demanding that the accusers to take their case to any court of law for redress against the former governor.

If you really care, this is what you should be demanding instead of making noise on the internet like the former governor said.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
[s]
gagewonda:
u r just pained. Im matured enough not to disrepect pples views on social media fora by insulting. So I will free u take ur rudeness some else. Final verdict baba fash 78m contract failed value for money audit wen all d roads in lagos spoils my shock absorber despite d huge IGR dats hw dey allocate d money? On one crap low quality website? Smh
[/s]

Stop boring me with your unintelligent ramblings.

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by ExInferis(m): 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
pedel:
The press release makes sense.
Anyone with facts to the contrary should present it. You need evidence to proof corruption.
It's true someone has to pay for app download.
Still I don't know if 78 million Naira is justifiable.

It's a shame you think so. He admits that 12m was paid for the website upgrade. The balance 66m was spent on mobile apps and one-year site maintenance.

Let's examine it.

For iOS, the developer program for publishing your app on the appstore costs $99 per annum, android ranges from free to $99, microsoft from $25 to $99, and Blackberry costs you nothing to publish on blackberry world.

So let's take the average as $99 onetime fee. Minus that 3 times from the 66m.

Remember, all the developer tools are free (except Xamarin, but why use it). It costs you absolutely nothing to get the SDKs (Xcode, Android Studio, Visual Studio etc) and very little to publish your app.

So where is the 66m?

If you believe it costs 66m to develop a mobile app that basically is just a frontend for the website, then you need to have your head examined.

This deal is raw.

8 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by azpekuliar: 10:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
pedel:
The press release makes sense.
Anyone with facts to the contrary should present it. You need evidence to proof corruption.
It's true someone has to pay for app download.
Still I don't know if 78 million Naira is justifiable.

Where is the app? Have you downloaded it? Let's see it.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by vikyno(m): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
Thank God u didn't deny the allegation.

Those that approved the contract should be quizzed asap.

Ambode, please investigate tax collection system in Lagos too. If you know say na your Papa born you, do that for Lagosians.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Enoquin(f): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
lawyer:
Pls web developers in the house this is a very simple question. How much would it cost to put a mobile apps for social media and a hand over clock? Besides have you seen the website? Is that website worth N12million? And finally to maintain and upgrade that website, would it cost N78million?

Please let's be objective here and stop playing favourism. Fraud has no name and has no party. If it would cost N78million to create and maintain that website, then nobody would be able to afford a website in Nigeria.

Also if it was a PDP minister or governor that spent N78million to do that site, in all honesty what would be your reaction?

This is Nigeria's money we are talking about and tax payers money spent recklessly with a rebuttal given with so much aloofness sprinkled with a smattering of GEJs " I don't give a damn what you think" mentality.

This favourism of APC good and PDP bad must stop. What is bad is bad and this is very bad and what is most upsetting to me is that APCfans fail to condemn this misappropriation because it's Fashola. If Buhari fails to look into how tax payers money has been spent recklessly, this whole probe business should just be seen as a huge joke and selective. When it comes to fraud there is no special pikin and the earlier Nigeria understands it the better.

I am really pissed off at his rebuttal and his lack of humility and empathy to this sensitive issue is border line arrogant and sickening.

Thank you! Nigerian politicians never admit to any wrongdoing but I am not even angry at that, I more angry with those that are giving him a pat on the back for financial recklessness. 78 million naira for a website, what the heck! As someone posted on the thread, the website was designed by those who had no website themselves.
Was there any bidding for the job? IOS apps, BBM bla bla cost exactly how much?

For those supporting 'this' robust reply: Is it okay to use taxpayers money for a high maintenance website? No, it isn't. Yes, he wanted to show off his works, he should have paid for his personal website out of his money.
If Nigeria must be clean, then there shouldn't be any selective cleansing. I know there's hardly any politician who hasn't enriched his/herself BUT don't brandish it in our faces and don't play the 'sentiment' card either.

Yes, Fashola is a smart man and likable but on this; he didn't give a robust reply. It was more like an attempt to 'pull the wool over the eyes of many'

I think the opposition needs to sit up even though they aren't responsible for this expose.

5 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by three: 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2015

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Enoquin(f): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
Two phrases caught my attention 'fullness of time' 'I have moved on'...my head is already spinning enough theories...oh the conspiracy! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Benstus: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:

You are the one destroying your destiny by whining on the internet instead of demanding that the accusers to take their case to any court of law for redress against the former governor.

If you really care, this is what you should be demanding instead of making noise on the internet like the former governor said.

I wish you good luck. I think you have a problem and you need help. If you are jobless or not happy with the job you are doing, let me know and I might be able to help. You have a problem comprehending and is not your fault, is the system you have found yourself. Kpele

2 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by madamoringo(f): 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
If the contract was truly approved for N78 M, and if that is truly inflated, then that is just wrong and I hope the right agencies get to it. However, if all due process was followed, then Fashola cannot do anything about it really. He is not the house of assembly that approves the budget. Is 78 M too much? Well, the scope of work would be needed to determine that. However, I know developers who could make up to about N 30 M per year. Of course this is not in Nigeria.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
ExInferis:

It's a shame you think so. He admits that 12m was paid for the website upgrade. The balance 66m was spent on mobile apps and one-year site maintenance.

Let's examine it.

For iOS, the developer program for publishing your app on the appstore costs $99 per annum, android ranges from free to $99, microsoft from $25 to $99, and Blackberry costs you nothing to publish on blackberry world.

Remember, all the developer tools are free (except Xamarin, but why use it). It costs you absolutely nothing to get the SDKs (Xcode, Android Studio, Visual Studio etc) and very little to publish your app.

So where is the 66m?

If you believe it costs 66m to develop a mobile app that basically is just a frontend for the website, then you need to have your head examined.

This deal is raw.

You are wrong, it's lifetime maintenance for multiple websites.

This is why the former governor said the mischievous people peddling the allegation should have disclose the full terms of the contract.

With your analysis with figures and comparisons, you should have analysed what it cost to upload and maintain thousands of photos, videos and speeches for life and how much you charge for manpower.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by citizenjuwon(m): 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
beebee24:
cool i will marry dis man one day
cos he's intelligent or handsome?
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Codyt(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
78 million is the issue not paternity, national Assembly gibberish.

He didn't deny it so I will just do my research and comment better latter
Mumu which research are you doing. Research research research on lies!
After your research come down here and spill more lies.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Codyt(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:

Perfect reply.

What do u expect from a wailing waiter?! angry
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by mandarin: 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Taken that Nigeria political landscape is rotten at least that gives President Buhari jobs to do alongside our developmental challenges. To say the least, Fashola represents all the good needed in Nigeria,his vision, foresight and commitment. I think N=78m is too small to compensate him if he were interested, he's a pacesetter in governance in his generation.
Anyone that has anything against him should go to court and those ranting about this should note that Lagos is what is it today because this man worked.
He stated the procedure the contract passed,he's mot an IT person ,if the best recommendation he got was this then what about those civil servants?
If the governor felt the best way he could reach out to the people is through such customized platform that was less than $1 million, and it achieved it in making the best governor whose pain is it, that of those of you that don't pay tax? Am really annoyed with those of you that aren't taxpayers, those that don't live in Lagos who are picking on this gentleman.
You must realize that in a sane country, on performance scale he should be in Aso Rock or heading the advisory council.

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 11:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
[s]
Benstus:

I wish you good luck. I think you have a problem and you need help. If you are jobless or not happy with the job you are doing, let me know and I might be able to help. You have a problem comprehending and is not your fault, is the system you have found yourself. Kpele
[/s]

That's the problem with you people, you care less about any money or corruption all you just want to do is cry and smear on the internet like bingo.

If you really care about corruption put your money where your mouth is and head to court to put the former governor in jail., but of course you wont do that because shouting on the internet like the former governor said is all you know how to do...

Keep quiet if you have nothing better to talk about...
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Ghost01(m): 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
It's like "I have moved on" is the latest slogan in town now.

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by jlinkd78(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:

You are wrong, it's lifetime maintenance for multiple websites.

This is why the former governor said the mischievous people peddling the allegation should have disclose the full terms of the contract.

With your analysis with figures and comparisons, you should have analysed what it cost to upload and maintain thousands of photos, videos and speeches for life and how much you charge for manpower.
lifetime maintenance? bros whoever knows when d world will come to an end?. Lifetime my foot. I just hate politicians. Fashola is one guy myself n many Nigerians loved so much cos of his giant stride in governance and wud naturally be a good candidate in PMB Federal cabinet but honestly his response to this allegation is empty and even creates more doubt in my mind as to his level of IQ. For d fact dat d company dat did this job had earlier said they were paid 10million naira or so for d upgrade, it will be foolhardy for Fash to win this arguemnt. If 'saint' Fashola is this way, only God knows how d 'devil' governors were. Nigeria is really sick. D best Fashola can do for me now is to also fight dirty by exposing some things we dont know btw Tinubu n 'pig' Ambode and we Nigerians will b better for it.

3 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Benstus: 11:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

That's the problem with you people, you care less about any money or corruption all you just want to do is cry and smear on the internet like bingo.

If you really care about corruption put your money where your mouth is and head to court to put the former governor in jail., but of course you wont do that because shouting on the internet like the former governor said is all you know how to do...

Keep quiet if you have nothing better to talk about...

You can see how you have been fooling yourself attacking everyone that has any view that is contrary to yours. I repeat you have a problem. You keep shouting court, of all the people you have accused of corruption, how many have you taken to court? The politicians that have been taken to court, how many have been convicted? Is it not the same Nigeria that James Ibori was acquitted, yet was found wanting of the same crime in UK? Keep suffering and defending criminals. I don't need to take anybody to court, I just want people like you to understand that some of your political heroes are criminals and will remain criminals. Have you asked yourself if your life could be better and how best you can improve it rather than wasting your time responding to all the post that are contrary to your views. Use your brain and be relevant to yourself, family and society.

4 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by jornie(m): 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
this is the kind of situation you will face when you are great
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by jobaltol: 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
Babatunde Fashola really tried for Lagos state...pls don't be manipulated by the propanganda concoted by those who will have performed worse than him and still you won't be able to hold them accountable for their deeds.
He is accountable...that was why he created a website for all to see...those accusing him won't do so if they were in power..but they prefer to rubbish his name..
Please, enlightened and supposed future leaders of tomorrow, don't let us join forces with those that won't serve as a good example of being a faithful leader...
Babatunde Raji Fashola has shown that there are still responsible leaders in Nigeria...and during his tenure, we had faith in good governance...and he used Lagos state as a template for other states to emulate..
A good leader must have faith in those he or they choose to work with him...and he might not be knowledgeable in every field...so those that worked with him might have inflated the contract or used highly technical terms to manipulate him...and lest I forget, there was an annual maintenance fees for the website...inflation and the upward review of the services- I mean the other benefits on the website..might have rendered the project to run into millions...
Please, don't let us support those that are hell bent to tarnish his image..he tried his best for Lagos state...if all our leaders can do half of what he did...I believe, Nigeria and we youths will look into the future with hope. All this propaganda will only discourage future leaders from truly serving the country...BRF really tried his best as a leader under the prevailing circumstances and being surrounded by corrupt people
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
jlinkd78:
lifetime maintenance? bros whoever knows when d world will come to an end?. Lifetime my foot. I just hate politicians.

That did not come from any politician, the company involved said that's what they were paid to do.

See how much you know about what you are arguing about. Instead of ranting on the internet with bogus info, you should be asking the accusers to release the full terms of the contract to educate you just like the former governor said.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by legatto(m): 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
Its a shame we have more fools on NL than d wise one's, in as much as u don't know anytin about having a functioning website ur idiotic brains should have ask Seun what it takes him to have NL not to talk of a govt website that have to be responsive to all the needs of his inhabitants, am not surprised becos d only thing some people do hear is just to hear figures that have been stolen and they will be d broadcaster. Its even more shameless most people here just read with reasoning, he says u level allegations on him fine, he ask u to provide proves/evidences of his mismanagement/misappropriation/stealing of public funds, why don't u just provide that then we take it from there
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by lastpage: 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
smada13:
hmmmm

wat a reply....I love this....any objection please?

The #Wailers can keep rolling in the mud and throwing mud, that is their lot in life.

If they were not stewpid, they would SUBMIT THEIR PETITION WITH PROOF, to EFCC and let the law takes it course but foolish "Igbos" want to character-assassinate BRF on pages of Newspapers!

or when did Buhari/Presidency become EFCC office?

Anyway, BRF needs to just ignore the fools, they can go and hug Buhari's transformer, l can assure them that it constantly carries electricity nowadays! undecided

Buhari must be having a serious laugh over those CACOL or what did the Igbos call themselves?
grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 11:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
[s]
Benstus:

You can see how you have been fooling yourself attacking everyone that has any view that is contrary to yours. I repeat you have a problem. You keep shouting court, of all the people you have accused of corruption, how many have you taken to court? The politicians that have been taken to court, how many have been convicted? Is it not the same Nigeria that James Ibori was acquitted, yet was found wanting of the same crime in UK? Keep suffering and defending criminals. I don't need to take anybody to court, I just want people like you to understand that some of your political heroes are criminals and will remain criminals. Have you asked yourself if your life could be better and how best you can improve it rather than wasting your time responding to all the post that are contrary to your views. Use your brain and be relevant to yourself, family and society.
[/s]

I'm not interested your irrelevant essay.

I asked you to analyse like you did with facts and figures by stating how much it cost to upload thousands of photos, videos and speeches on multiple websites and also maintain the same websites for life.

Just tell us how much it cost to do that including how much you charge for manpower to do the same job for the rest of your life...

You jumped up to come up with how much it cost to do A and B, so do the same thing by telling us how much it cost to do what I listed above for life.

Put your money where your mouth is or keep quiet..
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 12:03am On Aug 14, 2015
legatto:
Its a shame we have more fools on NL than d wise one's, in as much as u don't know anytin about having a functioning website ur idiotic brains should have ask Seun what it takes him to have NL not to talk of a govt website that have to be responsive to all the needs of his inhabitants, am not surprised becos d only thing some people do hear is just to hear figures that have been stolen and they will be d broadcaster. Its even more shameless most people here just read with reasoning, he says u level allegations on him fine, he ask u to provide proves/evidences of his mismanagement/misappropriation/stealing of public funds, why don't u just provide that then we take it from there

Fact is, they are not interested in any acts of corruption, they simply don't care, all they are interested in is rumor peddling, mud slinging, smear campaign and character assassination.

How hard is it to show proof of wrong doing if you really care about corruption and sending corrupt people to jail. ?

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by 989900: 12:16am On Aug 14, 2015
Weak defence of the website thing, respectfully SAN, I can do a far better job defending this -- maybe because I actually have websites/online services that gulp real money. When/if they come for you, let me be your advocate o, make u no go go prison with this wacko defence.

OTOH, tundefashola.com or whatever, should never have been funded by 'Lasgidi'.

P.S. The IT company responsible for the site no smart at all.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by NoMoreTrolling: 12:16am On Aug 14, 2015
I really feel sad that people are defending a site that cost this much, really feel like crying cry
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by pedel: 1:14am On Aug 14, 2015
azpekuliar:

Where is the app? Have you downloaded it? Let's see it.

ExInferis:

Let's examine it.

So where is the 66m?

This deal is raw.

I haven't seen or downloaded the app. I am only reacting to his press release.
In the same vein, I am not supporting him or anyone accused of corruption (with evidence). I only wish people can come up with hard evidence so the man's coffin can be properly nailed before he is buried. NO TO CORRUPTION.
If my own father steal public fund let him go to jail; I promise I wont visit him in prison for the duration of his jail term.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by tunjidj3: 1:20am On Aug 14, 2015
IBERE OTE TI KO BA DIN KAN YIO LE KAN
you people should leave our amiable ex governor alone
note that is because of him we voted for ambode
now they are fighting finger that feed them
GOD will judge you all
as you can see pdp secteriat in ibadan for sale so you people could have put for sale in apc secteriat and you people will not a place to gather and witch hunt the finger that feed you.
baba fashola dont look at them may be they want to show they can do better than you time will tell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? / It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan / Festus Keyamo Screened After Apology to lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.