Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? (74330 Views)

Kanu’s Bail Soft -landing For FG – MASSOB / Bishop Mathew Kukah Meets Buhari Today (Photos) / Must Watch....rev. Mathew Hassan Kukah Defending Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by DeRoyalFranco(m): 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
natas22:
Op what's the proof or evidence that the house belongs to the said man of God
who is the man of God?
Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by lastpage: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
MyFlair:
so since Jonathan didn't probe them they r free? This's a weird line of tot. Bt can u gv me a single reason y u think probing other former presidents wont necessary?

1.) they are NOT FREE , l never said that.

2.) Again, l never said it was "unnecessary" to probe former leaders. Infact, those dead still need to be probed and their guilt established but they wont be around to defend themselves and that would be unfair to them

My position is that:

a) Due to limited resources and length of the current administration, due to the ease of gathering "facts and figures", due to the possibility of having a conviction, due to the sheer impunity with which corruption thrived in the last administration, it is MOST ECONOMICAL FOR BUHARI TO START THE PROBE FROM THE LAST ADMINISTRATION OF JONATHAN.

Its like eating MoinMoin, you start from the flattest side! grin grin

It is called the "path of least resistance" in science.
Easier things first and then on to the more difficult ones.

We all know that if Buhari was to fall for that "trick" of starting from 1999, he will be bugged down for the rest of his tenure and people like you clamouring for such , will also be the one to come around and start yapping that his anti-corruption crusade did not convict anyone despite the level of looting in the country!

Honestly, anyone who loves this country will not care who probed who or when the probe commenced from because just five looters out of fifty means we have less to deal with and there is the possibility of the "echo effect" whereby such probe and convictions will send a message of DETERRENCE to would-be looters.

Well, maybe you love Jonathan but you do not love this country (as most Ibos are known to, even though we know they are just hanging under Jonathan so as to achieve their ulterior motive).
You would rather this country is ruined for you rown generation to come, than looters to be probed and prosecuted?

I dont hate Jonathan, he was our President but if allegations of corruption against him and some of his Ministers are PROVED, then l hope he gets hanged by his balls.
Same goes for people like Tinubu, OBJ, Dezianni Madueke, Stealler oduah, e.t.c .... once they cant be proved guilty.

Nuff said.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by mathskill: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Jesusloveyou: 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
MyFlair:
so since Jonathan didn't probe them they r free? This's a weird line of tot. Bt can u gv me a single reason y u think probing other former presidents wont necessary?
because of time, we only came to probe gej and recover our 150b naira, which is enough to fix Nigeria, after then, we can look back and recover more,

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by stuff46(m): 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
ibedun:

Tell us why you believe Kukah can afford these buildings. My estimate is between 300 and 400 million. I am not talking about stealing from peoples tythe and offering - a criminal activity by the way. Please no insults just tell us where and how Kukah get the money for this kind of buildings.

The line there will make me not to answer that, check his biography from his 50th years anniversary magzine. I wont waste my time on a one-minded bigot.

Thanks
Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by lastpage: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ahmeduana:

YOU WAN SEND YOUR FATHER YOUR E -SLAP? NA THUNDER GO FIRE YOU, NA DOG GO CHOP THAT MOUTH WEY YOU TAKE TALK!

So this is all you've got...... and you are bragging? grin grin grin

issokay, go and take a bath in the soak-away, bloody sewer-rat like you! kiss kiss kiss

Silly Numskull.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Saao(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
natas22:
Op what's the proof or evidence that the house belongs to the said man of God
don't mind those useless people anytime u speak against pmb, they will fake all those rubbish. Rev. Kukah is not a man u can destroy anyhow, he is from north, he knows northern politics and he knows how to handle them

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by fareed69(m): 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Trut:
Silly propaganda from APC, they want to tarnish the image of Bishop Kukah for telling PMB to do the right thing.

And what's the right thing?
Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
lastpage:

1.) they are NOT FREE , l never said that.

2.) Again, l never said it was "unnecessary" to probe former leaders. Infact, those dead still need to be probed and their guilt established but they wont be around to defend themselves and that would be unfair to them

My position is that:

a) Due to limited resources and length of the current administration, due to the ease of gathering "facts and figures", due to the possibility of having a conviction, due to the sheer impunity with which corruption thrived in the last administration, it is MOST ECONOMICAL FOR BUHARI TO START THE PROBE FROM THE LAST ADMINISTRATION OF JONATHAN.

Its like eating MoinMoin, you start from the flattest side! grin grin

It is called the "path of least resistance" in science.
Easier things first and then on to the more difficult ones.

We all know that if Buhari was to fall for that "trick" of starting from 1999, he will be bugged down for the rest of his tenure and people like you clamouring for such , will also be the one to come around and start yapping that his anti-corruption crusade did not convict anyone despite the level of looting in the country!

Honestly, anyone who loves this country will not care who probed who or when the probe commenced from because just five looters out of fifty means we have less to deal with and there is the possibility of the "echo effect" whereby such probe and convictions will send a message of DETERRENCE to would-be looters.

Well, maybe you love Jonathan but you do not love this country (as most Ibos are known to, even though we know they are just hanging under Jonathan so as to achieve their ulterior motive).
You would rather this country is ruined for you rown generation to come, than looters to be probed and prosecuted?

I dont hate Jonathan, he was our President but if allegations of corruption against him and some of his Ministers are PROVED, then l hope he gets hanged by his balls.
Same goes for people like Tinubu, OBJ, Dezianni Madueke, Stealler oduah, e.t.c .... was they cant be proved guilty.

Nuff said.

Lastpage!
I never mentioned ur tribe or cared about ur tribe in my chat with u. Why do u think my being Igbo influenced my judgement n wht makes u think I care abt whtever happens to any politician. Pls, I'm nt one of u, tribal sensitive bigots. I can't engage u in a shameless tribal e-war. My position is tht probes r nt as time consuming n expensive as politicians hv whitewashed u to believe. Investigation can go swiftly. Moreover, the corruption of the previous govts is with impunity, so it's obvious that even a blind man can see.
Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Osode: 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
ndcide:
It's so unfortunate that this government and their supporters can't handle an opposing view. No body can advise them. They are all about corruption. They see corruption in everyone except themselves.

They'll defend Fashola's 75million naira scam, they'll defend amaechi, Aregbesola, tinubu etc. They attack anyone who goes against them.

They chant corruption to cover their ineptitude and weakness.

So shameful.

If I may ask, How has Buhari fought corruption since the became president.
Hahahaha ....Hahahahaha ....atlast
...Fools ...200million fools.
Not surprising. The nation itself was built on lies. Its no more a mystery how the blatant Lieing of a group composed of the likes of 'Ngeneukwu could triumph. ...Now l understand why my Biafran brothers are so Angry..
One mistake tho, is thinking they can Rule (or fight their oponents) solely with LIES also for 4years...

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by tunjidj3: 11:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
o ma se ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
cooker abi waiting they call you
kukah or cooker oooooooooooooooooooooooh
abi na stove
kukah you fall my hand
no comment
Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by dokiOloye(m): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
Trunaijian:
I know this estate. Its behind the general post office around zoo lane in sokoto. Am aware it belongs to Rev. Kukah. It is a simple issue, he can come out publicly and tell Nigerians where he got the funds to build such an edifice if he is a true man of God. If not, then he should shut the f.ck up and stay out of politics.
What evidence do U have to buttress Ur assertion to his ownership of d buildings?
Do U know that catholic priests do not marry nor beget children,hence no impetus to acquire property?
Do U know that whatever belongs to a Catholic priest reverts to d church @ his death,including his clothes,personal car,etc?
If there is truly any connection b/w d properties and Bishop Kukah,then they can never belong to him in his private capacity, they belong to d diocese.
All of U trying to smear d name of d good priest are taking a very big risk cos God will punish U all severely if these allegations turn out to be lies cos Bishop Kukah is one of d most upright ppl in this country.
I rest my case.

5 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Shut up! You defender of crooks!!! Tell jonathan, to just return the loots and then we can sit down to negotiate soft landing for him!
U need to shut up and think! dumb asss!

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by ocelot2006(m): 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
Jonathan escaping jail will be the greatest miracle of the 21st century.....

Buhari jail Jonathan now. #BJJN

Go and arrest GEJ na! He's in the country, so it should be easy for you. It's not by Nairaland comments only.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by nd07(m): 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2015
Lies! these two buildings, cost 1b, in sokoto? if Rev Kuka has such money 2 invest, such a wise man wouldn't do it in a place like sokoto & if d buildings r truly his, if can't cost 1b in a place like sokoto-period.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by lastpage: 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
MyFlair:
I never mentioned ur tribe or cared about ur tribe in my chat with u. Why do u think my being Igbo influenced my judgement n wht makes u think I care abt whtever happens to any politician. Pls, I'm nt one of u, tribal sensitive bigots. I can't engage u in a shameless tribal e-war. My position is tht probes r nt as time consuming n expensive as politicians hv whitewashed u to believe. Investigation can go swiftly. Moreover, the corruption of the previous govts is with impunity, so it's obvious that even a blind man can see.

Eeyah, Sorwy! l did not even know you were Ibo!
I just mentioned that part to explain-away why 'some people' know what is right ....but are still stuck in telling us the opposite simply because "he is thier brother"! These are the "real" tribal Bigots!
I also guessed you missed the part where l mentioned Tinubu and OBJ, right?
Sorry if that seems it was directed at you, but you need to be less "tribally sensitive"

but now that you mentioned being ibo, does it change the facts, as stated?

You say probes are not as expensive and time consuming as we are "whitewashed" to believe?

For example, how would you probe Abacha, now that he is dead, how will he defend himself so you are not accused of a hatchet job?
would it not make more sense to probe the living and the more "current ones" since you can easily get "documents and facts" about their activities from banks transfers, bank accounts, phone taps, Emails, e.t.c that are still "hot and available" than to be chasing what you dont even know where or if it still exists?

We are not taking about just hurling people into jail as practised under a military regime, we are talking about investigating and gathering evidence that will then be presented before a judge in a court of law, where the accused have the liberty to defend him/herself and then judgement passed!

Why is that once Jonathan's name is mentioned, you'all go into overdrive?
If he was innocent, dont you think he will just laugh and say: I am ready to be probed?

It seems most of you already know what the average Nigerian knows, concerning these politically exposed looters!
Like they say, "The Guilty are always afraid".

Take chill and relax.
Stop asking that a thief be pardoned, it encourages stealing and only people with such tendency encourage such acts!
Your hero GEJ might just come out clean, if he is clean, who knows.....

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by dokiOloye(m): 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
dayo23:
Very shameful that a man of his class can be reborn again this time as a criminal, and looter, I actually told u NgeneUkwenu that I was coming back to comment but truthfully speaking I make a call to a colleague in sokoto who happen to be a lecturer in UDUS and he vividly confirmed that the giant structure belongs to Kukah!
He should return all his loot back to the FG, I don't care weather he is a pastor or bishop or whatsoever, a thief is a thief
have U ever heard of a Catholic priest who owns property in his personal capacity?
What single evidence do U have he looted whatever,did he loot Ur father's money?
If d catholic diocese of Sokoto is undertaking a project,is it d same as that it is owned by Bishop Kukah?
Why call som1 a thief on what U don't have even a shred of evidence?
I am forced to declare U a very big fool,and U shld do Urself good by starting Ur education afresh from primary school so U can reason critically.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by 400billionman: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
N1bn mbanu. N100bn. Mumu.

Each of those houses will be built with N150m. N300m total. So who told you Kuka owns them and even if, can you verify the source. ?

You never see Thief TA house, you dey talk.
Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Wildrage: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
Thank God they are not telling us he impregnated Patience Jonathan, it's not beyond them, bunch of mindless bigots, blackmailers and irredeemable fools. They jubilated and celebrated the pigeon throwing voodoo priest from Enugu when he castigated the outgone president, just a little admonition from an erudite, irrepressible, morally outstanding Kukah they are throwing childish tantrums and inventing evidence to tarnish a reputation built and nurtured in the service of God, humanity and Nigeria as a whole. Morally bankrupt almajiris

6 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Optionalx: 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

His image is already tarnished!
By who/what
No discerning mind will consider this poo twice.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Kingspin(m): 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
This is, what Rev. Mathew Kukah, used his own share of the 7Billion Naira allegedly shared by former President, Jonathan, to the evil pastors in the run up to the 2015 presidential Election.

source: https://twitter.com/BashirAhmaad/status/632578480274841600
Rev. Kukah advice Buhari to fight corruption and do other pressing national issue. Is that a crime? I thought that some learned Nigerian get sense oo.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by ojosegun2011(m): 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
Some people just like to talk for the sake of talking. I'm sure you don't know how many millions that make up a billion. If you are ignorant of what a billions, it is one million times one thousand, and this buildings can't cost N100m. To cost this two buildings N1billion Naira renders your entire story useless which makes it totally unreliable, total fabrication, malicious, of no effect, null and void and born out of intent to blackmail a man of God which is dangerous for you. You need to watch your mouth when you are talking about men of God, be such a person is a Christian or Muslim cleric. If Revd Kukah decides to curse like Elijah did to those small children in the bible, ti e ba o niyen (meaning) you are On Your Own.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by dokiOloye(m): 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Ode!! You mean those properties are vow of poverty Chukwuode?
U r spreading false allegations against a tested and trusted man of God,U will suffer greatly ooo,better repent and ask God for forgiveness from this night.
Have U ever heard of a Catholic priest who owns property in his personal capacity?
Do U know that every pin they own including their clothes revert to d church on their death,what impetus does he have to go and steal since he doesn't also have children or a wife?
Stop running around behaving like a thug online,U mustn't comment on everything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by porigho: 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
How can anyone believe this?

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by M4gunners: 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Shut up! You defender of crooks!!! Tell jonathan, to just return the loots and then we can sit down to negotiate soft landing for him!
Tell your paymaster to return the ones he stole before!

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by melvin0004(m): 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
All these yeye pastors sef!! After they will be preaching to us, to lay our treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin cannot destroy, and where thieves cannot break in and steal. But here they are busy laying all their treasures in Nigeria where Boko Haram Can even devour!

Ndi Ara!
may God forgive u on ur utterance.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Kingspin(m): 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Amaechi, Tinubu and Atiku have not told Buhari to abandon his anti corruption drive!
Did anybody told Buhari to abandon his anti corruption war? The ans is No! They only advice him to take other national issue serious too not just corruption. Use ur brain not skull.
Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Optionalx: 12:00am On Aug 16, 2015
Trunaijian:
I know this estate. Its behind the general post office around zoo lane in sokoto. Am aware it belongs to Rev. Kukah. It is a simple issue, he can come out publicly and tell Nigerians where he got the funds to build such an edifice if he is a true man of God. If not, then he should shut the f.ck up and stay out of politics.
So we should believe you now. Social media hasn't been fair to Nigerians, some just think from there anus just because they want to show swag. No opkolo at all

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by cjfavour(m): 12:02am On Aug 16, 2015
zicoraads:
It doesn't matter who has done what. It is wrong for people to go around snapping pictures of citizens who have a contrary opinion on any issue or policy of the government to try and paint them black. I am not holding brief for anyone, but the Bishop is about the most upright man you can find in this country. This cheap blackmail is wrong. This form of blackmail smacks of all forms of dictatorship. It is a ploy employed by dictators to silent their critics. The APC should learn how to accept criticism in good faith.

If there is no evidence that the Bishop collected money from President GEJ, then this cheap blackmail is totally wrong. Besides, there is no way in hell those two properties are worth 1billion naira...Lai lai!

Upright man who's against war against corruption? Pls stop DT. When one tarnish his image he must not blame another person. I'm not supporting d poster bcs d house above is not worth 1billion as he estimated. Bt pls stop d upright stuff as far as he still want d war against corruption to stop.Our money must b recovered from d hands of few greedy individuals.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 16, 2015
MyFlair:
over so many years? Bt the news here has it tht he built them with jonathans money gift.
it has not been verified yet.
The easiest way to verify the owner of the house is to move a catapillar to that house threatening to pull it down.

I can guarantee you that the owner of the house will appear faster than the speed of light.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by chacoonder(m): 12:03am On Aug 16, 2015
Have you all forgotten that Rev.Kukah was a close ally of Allison Maduekwe,ex-minister of petroleum.They were like bread & butter back then.He was to her what Oritsejafor was to Gej. I believe he must have gone to see PMB to strike a plea-bargain on her (maduekwe) behalf...In that committee was also Prophet General Oritsejafor the don & the Sultan who also happen to be a beneficiary of Gej's govt.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? by LAX89(m): 12:03am On Aug 16, 2015
ibedun:

Me use your brain too and don't fall for the anointed scammers. Those houses by my own estimation would cost between 300 and 400 million. Tell me where a true clean pastor can find that sort of money without criminal activity in the church or society? Can the pastor provide proof of legitimate earnings to support the financing of those 2 properties?

I always use my brain, which was why I questioned the cost of those buildings, and the evidence of ownership. But you either have NO brain, or you don't use it, because you are already questioning where Kukah got the money to build the houses without seeing the evidence that Kukah actually is the owner of the buildings. And you already claimed the buildings would cost N300m to N400m just by looking at the pictures, without any basis for your calculations. Its obvious that you've NEVER built a house in your life.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu’s London House: The New Mecca For Politicians (Pictures) / PDP Senators Help Dino Melaye To Stand Up At The Senate (Pictures) / Buhari And Fashola Strolling On The Streets Of Germany (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.