Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? (3222 Views)

Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" / "How Much Is Your Groom Price?" Lady Asks A Young Lawyer She Admires / When A Man Asks A Girl If She Ever Had Sex With Her Ex-boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2015
Since feminists advocate equal opportunity, is it appropriate for a feminist to feel that she deserves to have her meal being paid for by her date? Isn't she suppose to pay for her own food or at least, offer to pay even though she really dont intend to?.

Economic equality is part of the Feminism ideology so I don't think this issue should be overlooked...

So the Feminists in the house, what sayeth thee? And guys, do you feel It's in line with your thoughts?
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by IamLEGEND1: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
itz just simple courtesy...
i dont need a woman to ask me to pick up the cheque.
i asked you out, so i am obligated to foot the bill
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
deadZONE:
undecided I smell a stup!d OP here
how is OP stup*id ..da question is correct nd deserves answers..where is chimamanda ngozi adichie who claims to be a feminist..Let her ansa dis one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
itz just simple courtesy...
i dont need a woman to ask me to pick up the cheque.
i asked you out, so i am obligated to foot the bill
And if the girl asked you out?
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
Durent:
how is OP stup*id ..da question is correct nd deserves answers..where is chimamanda ngozi adichie who claims to be a feminist..Let her ansa dis one
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
deadZONE:
You have been FTC on two of my threads but yet to contribute to the issues raised...
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by kahara(m): 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
Freemanan:
Since feminists advocate equal opportunity, is it appropriate for a feminist to feel that she deserves to have her meal being paid for by her date? Isn't she suppose to pay for her own food or at least, offer to pay even though she really dont intend to?.

Economic equality is part of the Feminism ideology so I don't think this issue should be overlooked...

So the Feminists in the house, what sayeth thee? And guys, do you feel It's in line with your thoughts?

You paying for a date isn't bad. It is happier when you know that after dinner comes 'ndina':-D
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
kahara:

You paying for a date isn't bad. It is happier when you know that after dinner comes 'ndina':-D

Lol... Ndina will mean?
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by IamLEGEND1: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
Freemanan:
And if the girl asked you out?
then i still pick up the cheque.
dont make her feel bad about asking you out
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Cutehector(m): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
Its not a shameful thing for two people on a date to split d bills....
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
deadZONE:
i guess ur among those FTC addicts? well being first to comment or d last makes no sense to me. a perfect gentle man
would always take take the bills when u take a lady out. so dont use feminism to shy away from ur duties.
I thought We were discussing the topic. Thanks anyways
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
Cutehector:
Its not a shameful thing for two people on a date to split d bills....
Most will say the guy is broke ass
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
deadZONE:
grin grin i just addressed ur topic.
so dont use feminism to shy away from "ur" duties.

Who is "ur"?
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Cutehector(m): 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
Freemanan:

Most will say the guy is broke ass
nigerian mentality tho... They fail to read the bible.. Its there.. In eclesiastes
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
Cutehector:
nigerian mentality tho... They fail to read the bible.. Its there.. In eclesiastes

Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by AfroKnight: 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
Feminists are not like other ladies. In fact they are not ladies. Treat them like your fellow guy. They won't mind. That's what they want after all.
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
AfroKnight:
Feminists are not like other ladies. In fact they are not ladies. Treat them like your fellow guy. They won't mind. That's what they want after all.
Lol... That's crazy... I am not Sure They want that. They just have misplaced priorities.
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by chigoizie7(m): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
U guys don't seem to understand OP's point of view.

To the feminists, if a lady slaps me 1st, should I retaliate?

If "YES" give ur reasons
If "NO" give your reasons as well.

Btw I am not a party to hitting a lady no matter what.

For the guys in this thread, this question is strictly for ladies and feminists.
I know some of u will tell me that hitting a lady is unethical, I know that too, I just want the feminists to give me the answers. or should I say, hitting anyone, boy or girl is unethical. But in the case of heated arguments and she slaps a guy, should the guy retaliate or not? And if the guy slaps the lady, should she also retaliate?

God knows that if a feminist should raise a hand on me, she a getting it back in 10 folds if not more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

If "YES" give ur reasons

For the guys in this thread, this question is strictly for ladies and feminists.
I know some of u will tell me that hitting a lady is unethical, I know that too, I just want the feminists to give me the answers. or should I say, hitting anyone, boy or girl is unethical. But in the case of heated arguments and she slaps a guy, should the guy retaliate or not? And if the guy slaps the lady, should she also retaliate?

God knows that if a feminist should raise a hand on me, she a getting it back in 10 folds if not more.
Lwkmd... Your opinion is weird and logical..
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by cyprus000: 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

If "YES" give ur reasons

[size=13pt]
The @embolded have been signed both on earth and in heaven.

On the flipside: only an _idiot lay hand on his woman first.
but if she crosses her boundry and disrespect me by hitting me,then she should be ready for double equal premptive reaction.

Only a douche-fagg digest shitt in the bide of forming gentleman.
[/size]
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by kahara(m): 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
Freemanan:

Lol... Ndina will mean?
...that roughly means sleeping over ... Kerewawa. Lolzz
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 16, 2015
I better not talk, wont want to be involved in an heated argument with a nairaland feminist.
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 16, 2015
kahara:

...that roughly means sleeping over ... Kerewawa. Lolzz
Lol... Reminds me of a bad memory... Zule Zoo....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 16, 2015
ilobasama:
I better not talk, wont want to be involved in an heated argument with a nairaland feminist.
e.g MrsChima
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 16, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
The @embolded have been signed both on earth and in heaven.

On the flipside: only an _idiot lay hand on his woman first.
but if she crosses her boundry and disrespect me by hitting me,then she should be ready for double equal premptive reaction.

Only a douche-fagg digest shitt in the bide of forming gentleman.
[/size]
Dude you harsh o... Tho most Feminist aren't known for physical violence... Just verbal miscalculation and are quick to sense oppression and cheating at the detriment of their relationship.
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 16, 2015
Lols, na wahala u wan take style put me o. No ask me, you mention 1 grin
Freemanan:

e.g
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 16, 2015
ilobasama:
Lols, na wahala u wan take style put me o. No ask me, you mention 1 grin
Lol... I keep on praying for them anyways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by sarmiie(m): 5:03am On Aug 16, 2015
deadZONE:
Oh that's just so fvcking hilarious!!!
Re: If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2015
Lols. Amen o
Freemanan:

Lol... I keep on praying for them anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When On The Wedding Night The Guy Is Still A Virgin While The Wife Is Not / Reasons Why An Ugly Man Should Never Loose Hope On Marrying A Beautiful Lady / Decent Guy From A Respectable Home I Needs A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.