Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

I'm Married But Very Lonely - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Married But Very Lonely (2189 Views)

I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / I'm Married, But... Could This Be My Soulmate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Married But Very Lonely by MrAnonTAC: 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
I feel like I am the loneliest person on earth....I am married. I had a cancer scare a few months ago and couldn't even tell wife about it....I honestly think she would be more concerned about the inconvenience than she would be about my well being...sometimes I fantasize that I die in an accident because I am not brave enough to end it myself...I hate me....

This was posted Anonymously on True Anonymous Confession Blog
Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by ohwell: 11:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
Oh that is so sad. I am sorry u r going through that. That happened to me in my previous relationship and that is why I ended it. Being in a relationship yet feeling alone is not a good place to be. I can totally relate. I hope you find comfort and peace. I think you should consult a therapist cos u need a neutral outlet to vent. Coming here to speak anonymously is also great. All d best.
Cheers
Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2015
Awwwwwww looks like a very bad place to be maybe he can start all over by friending himself.
Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by 5minsmadness: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2015
So why doesnt he just leave her?

Because it easnt easy to leave someone in which you have invested your time and personal life.

You get married to an individual with the hope that the manners and personality they portrayed during courtship will continue and even improve during the course of marriage proper but it isnt always so. In fact the act of marriage makes your partner relax on certain issues and you see the person raw for who s/he really is. No more pretence,no more illusory acts of kindness, no more frequent facial make-up or smart dressing before coming to see you. You realise that what youmarried was hiding under the surface of a shiny attractive object. The real person cannot be trusted with certain responsibilities or knowledge. The real person doesnt share your dreams or aspirations.

YEt you still can't leave because

1. There is the hope that one day maybe the person you once loved will swim to the surface again. and hope is a very powerful binding force.
2. There are other people that will suffer if you leave e.g the kids. And you dont let the ones you love suffer. You'd rather give your life for them.
3. Society would see you as a failure. And yes, society is important. you live in it. You want to be accepted by it.
4. You wont be happy with yourself. Even with all the media hype praising single parenthood and divorced individuals for thier bravery and to celebrate thier "new found freedom", the truth is that we all just want to be loved and appreciated by a companion. No one truly wants to be alone.
5. You cant imagine losing all the time and effort you put into this relationship, this marriage,just getting lost, wasted just like that. ITs like losing a huge sum of money. Its devastating. Hoe do you start all over again? How are you sure the next person will be better?

So whats the solution?
I dunno. Keep at it I guess. Realise everything can't be perfect. Do your best to improve on yourself, build up your own innner strength. Make yourself as self-sufficient as you possibly can. Be the factor in your life that makes you happy. No one else should be responsible for your happiness but you. Try and ignore those things s/he does that hurts you, get away from the environment when it starts. Focus on the ones you love(your kids) and make them happy,give them the best you can, shower them with your love, wish the best for them and pray for them. cos you are doing this for them too.

And keep hope alive. Who knows, your transformation and self sufficiency and inner joy might just be what is needed to bring your partner to see you and in turn him/herself in a new light and want to improve on themselves as well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by mrcasanova1(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2015
You can imagine. And still some people have the hands to type that the issue of marriage is overflogged.
Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by nikenry(f): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Marriageeee! One institution DT we find very easy to enter, only to realize that our expectations only exist in movies, and not in reality. It is also very difficult to exit irrespective of the realities in marriage. I guess the best is to work hard to make it work.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by nikenry(f): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
5minsmadness:
So why doesnt he just leave her?

Because it easnt easy to leave someone in which you have invested your time and personal life.

You get married to an individual with the hope that the manners and personality they portrayed during courtship will continue and even improve during the course of marriage proper but it isnt always so. In fact the act of marriage makes your partner relax on certain issues and you see the person raw for who s/he really is. No more pretence,no more illusory acts of kindness, no more frequent facial make-up or smart dressing before coming to see you. You realise that what youmarried was hiding under the surface of a shiny attractive object. The real person cannot be trusted with certain responsibilities or knowledge. The real person doesnt share your dreams or aspirations.

1. There is the hope that one day maybe the person you once loved will swim to the surface again. and hope is a very powerful binding force.
2. There are other people that will suffer if you leave e.g the kids. And you dont let the ones you love suffer. You'd rather give your life for them.
3. Society would see you as a failure. And yes, society is important. you live in it. You want to be accepted by it.
4. You wont be happy with yourself. Even with all the media hype praising single parenthood and divorced individuals for thier bravery and to celebrate thier "new found freedom", the truth is that we all just want to be loved and appreciated by a companion. No one truly wants to be alone.
5. You cant imagine losing all the time and effort you put into this relationship, this marriage,just getting lost, wasted just like that. ITs like losing a huge sum of money. Its devastating. Hoe do you start all over again? How are you sure the next person will be better?

So whats the solution?
I dunno. Keep at it I guess. Realise everything can't be perfect. Do your best to improve on yourself, build up your own innner strength. Make yourself as self-sufficient as you possibly can. Be the factor in your life that makes you happy. No one else should be responsible for your happiness but you. Try and ignore those things s/he does that hurts you, get away from the environment when it starts. Focus on the ones you love(your kids) and make them happy,give them the best you can, shower them with your love, wish the best for them and pray for them. cos you are doing this for them too.

And keep hope alive. Who knows, your transformation and self sufficiency and inner joy might just be what is needed to bring your partner to see you and in turn him/herself in a new light and want to improve on themselves as well.

Gbam! U ve said it all. You seem very experienced in the institution.
Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by wisdomiskey(m): 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2015

2 Likes

Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
may God give u comfort n peace from within..May He heal ur relationship n turn it for u into a pleasant dream DAT u may find a frnd in DAT one(spouse) DAT u have chosen.
Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by shrekandfiona: 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

So whats the solution?

And keep hope alive. Who knows, your transformation and self sufficiency and inner joy might just be what is needed to bring your partner to see you and in turn him/herself in a new light
and want to improve on themselves as well.
The bolded is indeed the solution. It works smiley
Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by SAMBARRY: 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
Mr anon take heart

Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by SAMBARRY: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
Op this is for you

Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by aolatunde00: 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thanks 5mins,your contribution came at the right time

2 Likes

Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by 400billionman: 2:14am On Aug 18, 2015
That's when he married a woman without brains..

Self centered sacks..

A friend is someone you could confide in totally..

1 Like

Re: I'm Married But Very Lonely by MrAnonTAC: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2015
[quote author=5minsmadness post=37042772]So why doesnt he just leave her?

So whats the solution?

And keep hope alive. Who knows, your transformation and self sufficiency and inner joy might just be what is needed to bring your partner to see you and in turn him/herself in a new light and want to improve on themselves as well.[thanks]

(1) (Reply)

Stop Abortion...triplets Aborted Only To Be Thrown In Waste Bin[graphic Photo] / How I Lost My Life Saving. / Man Celebrate 6 Years Of Marriage, Regret Later(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.