Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY (102177 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by femotechno(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Please ask the guy i quoted. He's the one that has tried it before. I've never applied for it.
Okk
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by busdebbie(f): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
www.fsb.gov.ng the website is not opening how do we apply
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by niyogeol(m): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hello folks, can one choose any course or its only those available/stated with each university? I need guys that have applied (present or past) to shed light on this. Thanks.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by busdebbie(f): 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
no one has answered my question ooooo

there site is not opening www.fsb.gov.ng
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
mizskyhigh:

I think they are trying to avoid a situation where you'll be given scholarship without admission.
If a person is offered scholarship and admission, is it the Commonwealth that foots his flight ticket and other expenses?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
SSGUniport:
Yes, 1 return flight ticket including your Visa application.

Thanks. One other thing, what are the requirements for application, including the class of degree? I've not applied before.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
lantessy:
Most UK schools require you to write IETLS or TOEFL
Yes,most do,while a few others accept WAEC.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If a person is offered scholarship and admission, is it the Commonwealth that foots his flight ticket and other expenses?
Like SSGuniport said,yes. And if its fully funded,you'll also be given living allowance.

@SSGUniport,are you on scholarship or applying?

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
niyogeol:
Hello folks, can one choose any course or its only those available/stated with each university? I need guys that have applied (present or past) to shed light on this. Thanks.
If you are applying on scholarship,then you must only chose a course that is eligible for it,else you'll foot the bills yourself.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Chuksteve(m): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Is it restricted to only first class and 2:1 graduates only as most scholarship boards do or are 2:2 graduates eligible to apply?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by niyogeol(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Thanks for your timely response.
mizskyhigh:

If you are applying on scholarship,then you must only chose a course that is eligible for it,else you'll foot the bills yourself.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by soulhighman(m): 7:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
mizskyhigh:

Lols, going by what was in that prospectus,the school can't be your nominating agency,you'll have to apply through federal scholarship board.

But I'll say we hold on with this nominating agency ish 1st,personally,I'll so not want FSB to be involved sef,I no trust them.

If you are applying,I'll say you worry about getting all your documents ready,checking out the school and course amongst others,nominating agency is a minor issue,it in fact comes last.
It is not compulsory it is fsb that nominates you. I checked their website yesterday, and I discovered that universities in Nigeria can also nominate candidates for it. The list of those universities are also on their website. The school I graduated from is also among. The issue is just that those institutions must nominate you, claiming you are a staff. While i was an undergraduate, I could remember I have read it on the school bulleting before about a staff that won it. Also, recently, I read it on the schools website about a junior research fellow that won it in the school.
My only hope is that, as am presently serving in a federal uni, maybe i can get them to nominate me as academic staff.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by soulhighman(m): 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
SSGUniport:
My brother/ Sister don't forget this is Nigeria.

The number of Awardees from Nigeria every year don't even exceed 25. For years like 2011 and 2012 the recipients were even less than 15.

I know atleast 4 people who have benefited from this commonwealth scholarship and all 4 are lecturers, however they were not nominated by their schools. They were nominated by Federal Scholarship Board (FSB).

One of them is a lecturer in Uniport and she will be travelling next month for her PhD in Mechanical Engineering. If you know anyone in Mechanical Engineering UNIPORT, he or she can tell you about Nkemjika.

If you need to talk to an Ex or Present commonwealth scholar, I could help you get across to them.

From the little I know, even though some Universities are listed as nominating agencies, the FSB has always been the only nominating body for Nigeria.

Aiit, I get ur point. Tho, I believe the schools where they lecture might have a hand in facilitating their nomination by the fsb. Insha Allah my own go come jare. Looking forward to others.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
mizskyhigh:

Like SSGuniport said,yes. And if its fully funded,you'll also be given living allowance.

@SSGUniport,are you on scholarship or applying?
Thank you. Is 2:1 the minimum requirement?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by tenaciousJ(f): 9:48am On Aug 21, 2015
Pls any1 that knows how to go about this scholarship application should pls drop his or her number so that I can contact u because I'm jst confused..tanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Thank you. Is 2:1 the minimum requirement?
Yes it is
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by DMainMan: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2015
tenaciousJ:
Pls any1 that knows how to go about this scholarship application should pls drop his or her number so that I can contact u because I'm jst confused..tanks

Log on to http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/

Click on apply at the top on the page, you will have 2 options - Scholarships and Fellowship, and Electronic Application System

Click Electronic Application System (EAS)

On the page displayed after clicking EAS, click "Applicant"

Then click on Scholarship for Masters and PhD study

After displaying the page.... Down the page you will see " Go to EAS"

Click Go to EAS, then you will click on Applicant..Then you can apply

i hope it helps, but if you have any difficulty applying again after following the steps above, you may pm me

2 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by tenaciousJ(f): 11:21am On Aug 21, 2015
Tanks @ lantessy...
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Sunnystooth(m): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
SSGUniport:
Oga, why are you modifying and deleting all your posts?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by busdebbie(f): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
i need help ooo
how do i apply to UK university, I mean the ones part of nominating agency
thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
busdebbie:
i need help ooo
how do i apply to UK university, I mean the ones part of nominating agency
thanks
You can apply to the UK universities through their school websites. Meanwhile, I don't think it is possible to use UK university as nominating agency this year.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by busdebbie(f): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
why cant I use them as nominating agency?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by busdebbie(f): 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
Or who do you think is the best agency, bearing in mind that our scholarship board website is not functioning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / Ernst And Young (EY) 2019 Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.