Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY (102185 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Sunnystooth(m): 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
SSGUniport:
People don disturb me tire... You won't understand my brother.
Lolz... Eyah, that must have been tough on you. Anyway, i understand now. And it's ok. Just do what you have to.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
busdebbie:
Or who do you think is the best agency, bearing in mind that our scholarship board website is not functioning

Federal Scholarship Board should be the best agency for Nigeria. Federal Scholarship Board will advertise on newspaper when they are about to nominate even if their website is not functioning. Like the Bilateral Educational Agreement interview was advertised on newspaper this year but not on their website.
But if you can try and get the UK schools to nominate you, that should be the best..
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by tenaciousJ(f): 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
Pls do I hav 2 gain admission into a UK university before applying for this scholarship?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
tenaciousJ:
Pls do I hav 2 gain admission into a UK university before applying for this scholarship?
You don't need to gain admission before applying however you should start applying to the universities chosen as you progress with the application.

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Shinelle(f): 6:55am On Aug 22, 2015
I want to apply for the Commonwealth scholarship against next year and they have a list of schools that they partner with. Now ild have to start applying to some of those schools but I need to know the schools amongst the ones listed that will be "easy" (maybe those that aren't too competitive ) to get admitted into, and the location isn't too bad . Secondly I need to ask if there are specific unis that dont require IELTS or toefl and the rest.. Co's I'm trying hard to avoid all those things too..
plus I intend to study (M.sc accounting and finance)
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Jummaima(f): 7:22am On Aug 22, 2015
Shinelle:
I want to apply for the Commonwealth scholarship against next year and they have a list of schools that they partner with. Now ild have to start applying to some of those schools but I need to know the schools amongst the ones listed that will be "easy" (maybe those that aren't too competitive ) to get admitted into, and the location isn't too bad . Secondly I need to ask if there are specific unis that dont require IELTS or toefl and the rest.. Co's I'm trying hard to avoid all those things too..

Someone pls respond to this. I intend to study M.sc accounting & finance too. Thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by wroskian(m): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
Shinelle:

Hi, definitely, the current opening is against next year and i don't think you could avoid the English test. If your prospective school doesn't ask for it (which i doubt), it is one of the requirements for the award of the scholarship. Download the guidelines and peruse to learn more.

My advice: carry out a thorough research to know the school(s) that's going to suit your purpose (or purposes) apply and begin preparing to take an English test which could be any of IELTS, Toefl, or Pearson (can't remember if it's limited to any of these now).
Don't be scared of English proficiency tests, with the right preparation and mindset, success is possible. Some people have scaled this hurdle in the past, so why not you, rise up to the challenge. All the best. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Shinelle(f): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
wroskian:

Hi, definitely, the current opening is against next year and i don't think you could avoid the English test. If your prospective school doesn't ask for it (which i doubt), it is one of the requirements for the award of the scholarship. Download the guidelines and peruse to learn more.

My advice: carry out a thorough research to know the school(s) that's going to suit your purpose (or purposes) apply and begin preparing to take an English test which could be any of IELTS, Toefl, or Pearson (can't remember if it's limited to any of these now).
Don't be scared of English proficiency tests, with the right preparation and mindset, success is possible. Some people have scaled this hurdle in the past, so why not you, rise up to the challenge. All the best. Cheers.

thanks a lot !!
my reason for avoiding those tests as I said earlier is not necessarily fear as I may have sounded , it's just because I'm involved with a alot of study (ican ) and thats not really an exam you combine with another...
all the same, ild work something out.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by wroskian(m): 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
Shinelle:

thanks a lot !!
my reason for avoiding those tests as I said earlier is not necessarily fear as I may have sounded , it's just because I'm involved with a alot of study (ican ) and thats not really an exam you combine with another...
all the same, ild work something out.
If you are going to conclude your ICAN exams by december and the conditions for applying for the scholarship allows you to present your English test scores later (maybe till around May 2016); then you can conveniently work something out as there would be time to adequately prepare. So, carefully peruse the brochure.

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
wroskian:

. Pls, brother, how does one enrol for IELTS? plus the cost.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Valentinooo: 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
Pls guys will dis scholarship cover computer science/IT courses
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 28, 2015
wroskian:

Please IELTS isn't needed to obtain a commonwealth scholarship, the requirements are already stated on the first page...

You will only need an English exam if your prospective school requests such.. However, most schools in the UK don't require English exam because we use same British English... Schools like Imperial College only require you have A1-C4 in your WAEC... You'll only need an English exam if you didn't make a good grade in WAEC or your school specifically requests for that.... *check out for your school's requirements*

Cc: shinelle

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 28, 2015
Shinelle:
Commonwealth doesn't have a list of schools they partner with except you're talking about commonwealth shared scholarship which is entirely different from the one discussed on this thread...

Google commonwealth scholarship to know more.. You'll see schools under the shared scholarship who listed accounting and finance...

Asides the shared scholarship, you can also apply for the one listed here as long as you've a 2-1 and have your nysc discharge cert.. the one here isn't course or school specific....

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by wroskian(m): 9:12am On Aug 28, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Please IELTS isn't needed to obtain a commonwealth scholarship, the requirements are already stated on the first page...

You will only need an English exam if your prospective school requests such.. However, most schools in the UK don't require English exam because we use same British English... Schools like Imperial College only require you have A1-C4 in your WAEC... You'll only need an English exam if you didn't make a good grade in WAEC or your school specifically requests for that.... *check out for your school's requirements*

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
You MAY be required to take the academic IELTS English language test as a condition of eligibility. It is your responsibility to check with your nominating agency whether this requirement applies to you. An IELTS test will be considered valid only if it is taken after 1 October 2015 and before 6 March 2016. You must achieve an overall score of 6.5, with no less than 5.5 in each band.
As a further condition of award, you MAY be required, by the CSC or your university, to provide evidence of a particular level of English language proficiency.

*Copied the above directly from the prospectus, what do you think my dear Sister*

I am not sure all UK Universities support the CS, my advice is for everyone to carry out thorough research so as not to take the wrong steps.
NOTE: I am not applying for this, just helping out with the little info at my disposal, just hoping i don't mislead peeps in the long-run. CHEERS.

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by wroskian(m): 9:20am On Aug 28, 2015
MyFlair:
. Pls, brother, how does one enrol for IELTS? plus the cost.

ielts.britishcouncil.org Costs about 40K, you'll need your international passport for registration and on test day.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 28, 2015
^^^^^^^ Didn't you see the 'may' there? IELTS isn't needed to obtain a commonwealth scholarship in Nigeria. . Core requirements have been stated on the front page...

Besides, that you quoted is just an optional rule to all countries involved in commonwealth scholarship.. It isn't needed in Nigeria. . It may be needed in another country. ...

Cc wroskian
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by wroskian(m): 9:23am On Aug 28, 2015
MarvellousGod:
^^^^^^^ Didn't you see the 'may' there? IELTS isn't needed to obtain a commonwealth scholarship in Nigeria. . Core requirements have been stated on the front page...

Besides, that you quoted is just an optional rule to all countries involved in commonwealth scholarship.. It isn't needed in Nigeria. . It may be needed in another country. ...,

Cc wroskian

Of course i saw the conditional word, the reason i put it in CAPITAL. It is well...

*modified*
Since you took part last year, could you guide on the "nominating agency" issues cos i sensed people are confused about this. Thanks for your commendation.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 28, 2015
wroskian:

Of course i saw the conditional word, the reason i put it in CAPITAL. It is well...

*modified*
Since you took part last year, could you guide on the "nominating agency" issues cos i sensed people are confused about this. Thanks for your commendation.
Alright. . I commend your help.
I'm not applying for the scholarship too but was involved last year. .

Cheers. . smiley smiley

*Modified *
The nominating agency is FSB Abuja.. but some schools in Nigeria also have the opportunity of nominating of which most times they nominate their graduate assistants. ...
So if your school can't nominate you, you use FSB as your nominating agency, it isn't restricted. ..
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Valentinooo: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2015
lantessy:

Log on to http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/

Click on apply at the top on the page, you will have 2 options - Scholarships and Fellowship, and Electronic Application System

Click Electronic Application System (EAS)

On the page displayed after clicking EAS, click "Applicant"

Then click on Scholarship for Masters and PhD study

After displaying the page.... Down the page you will see " Go to EAS"

Click Go to EAS, then you will click on Applicant..Then you can apply

i hope it helps, but if you have any difficulty applying again after following the steps above, you may pm me

Pls after completing the registration, this is what they sent me. What do I need to do again

Dear xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx ­

Thank you for registering with the Commo­nwealth Scholarship Commission electroni­c application system. The details you ha­ve been registered with are as follows:

User Name = ­xxxxxx@gmail.com­

You now need to complete an application ­form. Please see http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/­ for further information.­

Thank you for using Commonwealth Scholar­ship Commission electronic application s­ystem.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Valentinooo:

Pls after completing the registration, this is what they sent me. What do I need to do again

Dear xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx ­

Thank you for registering with the Commo­nwealth Scholarship Commission electroni­c application system. The details you ha­ve been registered with are as follows:

User Name = ­xxxxxx@gmail.com­

You now need to complete an application ­form. Please see http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/­ for further information.­

Thank you for using Commonwealth Scholar­ship Commission electronic application s­ystem.

Relog in to complete your application
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Valentinooo: 1:13am On Aug 31, 2015
lantessy:

Relog in to complete your application
Thanks Bro
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Teej1(m): 10:26am On Sep 04, 2015
Please is 2 sitting for o'level qualified to apply? Thanks[i][/i][b][/b]
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by DMainMan: 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
2016 AUSTRALIA GOVERNMENT MSC SCHOLARSHIP FOR NIGERIANS- THIRD CLASS GRADUATES ELIGIBLE TO APPLY

https://www.nairaland.com/2576489/australia-government-msc-scholarship-nigerians#37675509

Deadline: November 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by adNEXT: 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hello house, please I need help in this EAS application process. The drop down menu in the "Nominating agency you are applying through" doesn't have that of Nigeria....how can I proceed from this stage OR what next can I do?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Why is this house dry. The fsb website is dead. Is it because of no minister of education yet. Let's make here lively pls before we will not know wen the interview will take place cos I heard fsb usually use newspaper ad instead of email or their site.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by excellentobanz(m): 4:35am On Oct 04, 2015
[quote author=adNEXT post=38134429]Hello house, please I need help in this EAS application process. The drop down menu in the "Nominating agency you are applying through" doesn't have that of Nigeria....how can I proceed from this stage OR what next can I do?[/quote check again..
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Jummaima(f): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:

You are right, The IELTS is not part of the requirements by FSB as stated on the first page.

I have secured admission in a UK school (M.sc Accounting & Finance), without IELTS test. I only submitted by NECO Score in English. So, far the school still has not asked for IELTS test score even though they mentioned it on their site too as a requirement....

But, what am yet to find out is if I might need the IELTS test score for VISA Application purposes.

Cc: Shinelle.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by IlorinBoy1: 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hi guys, please can anyone let us know when the interview date is?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProfessorJim(m): 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
How can one submit his/her applications to fsb
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Bontia(m): 6:01am On Oct 19, 2015
Noted
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by IlorinBoy1: 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hi guys. You can ask me questions about this scholarship, i did the interview last year. Please we all have to be vigilant and watch out for the advert on national dailies. its usually middle to ending of November. BE VIGILANT!!!!!! shocked
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by IlorinBoy1: 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
ProfessorJim:
How can one submit his/her applications to fsb

Just submit on EAS portal. you will submit physically in Abuja at the interview

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / Ernst And Young (EY) 2019 Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.