Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. (41470 Views)

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 6:24am On Jan 15, 2016
Cherlene:

Good morning

Pleased to see your REPLY to those LUDICROUS comments!!

Cherlene

Morning sis.

By the way if that is you on your profile page,please thank your parents for making a good product. smiley
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Cherlene(f): 6:25am On Jan 15, 2016
Toks2008:
Having a child out of wedlock is not ideal in anyway and ladies should do their best to avoid this not by the sinful and barbaric act of abortion but by been careful to open up to a man who will love then enough not to abandon them and the child should pregnancy occurs.

Nevertheless,it is no longer a big deal that we have baby mamas who are never married and we have a growing number of this set of ladies due to many factors too numerous to elucidate upon.

The sad twist is that it is generally believed that such ladies usually find it difficultt to find a man that will eventually marry them due to the stigma of being a single mum out of wedlock.

In my opinion,being a single mother is no deterrent but most times,it is the approach of these ladies who find themselves in this situation that really makes it hard for them to get a man as fast as they would love to.

Here are very important list of advise that will be beneficial for you.

1.Be confident; Many men are very skeptical about fertility status of many ladies these days so as a single mum you should be proud of yourself that you are fertile and capable of procreating so carry yourself with dignity and be proud of yourself.

2.Look sexy: Get rid of that after child-birth pregnancy(protruding tummy) many Nigerian young mothers are known for. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH.I guess this link will come in handy for you and other mothers because guys love flat tummies even after you have given birth toi children.http://www.findhomeremedy.com/12-wonderful-home-remedies-for-getting-flat-tummy-after-delivery/

3.Be selective: This might sound strange but if you have your way,look away from single never married guys. Yes this does not apply in all cases but i will be frank with you on this. You will be more appreciated by male divorcees,widower as well as the married men while single never married guys may just want to cool off with you. While you may ignore the married men,widowers,divorcees,or a never married single dad will make a better pair.

4.Don't discuss your child excessively: I have heard many single mothers say stuffs like..a man who will want me must want my child..

Well no man will ask you to forget your child but most guys are not interested in hearing you sing about the child,remember its not his child so in as much as a mother's love towards her child is strong,please try to avoid making it a subject matter even if the man also has his own children. Discussing your child excessively will take the shine off the affair.

5.Be in touch but don't take up the responsibility: This is one big mistake single mothers do. Except the man absconds or his family bluntly refuses to accept the child,DON'T EVER TAKE UP THE RESPONSIBILITY OF TAKING CARE OF THE CHILD.

In most cases,the baby daddy and his family are interested in the baby but not interested in the mother so many times these ladies usually hold on to the child because to them "if you don't want me,you can't have my child"

No matter the stress you go through in bringing the child up,you can never erase the paternity of the child and a day will likely come when the child will look for the dad or visavis and when the day comes,just one prostration and im sorry from the dad will melt the pains of neglect of many years so why insist on taking care of a child of a man who may come back to claim his biological child.

Please give the child to the father's family but be in touch,after-all nobody in this world can contest the maternity of the child.Abeg free yourself because its a turn off for guys when they want to woo a cutie and discover that the baby you are with is actually yours...its better to know latter.

Or better still give the child to a family member of yours and be free to rediscover yourself.

6. Be financially independent: Please understand that many men these days are struggling and it will be very unrealistic for you to expect another man to automatically take up another man's responsibility.

Yes some men will not mind to take care of you and your child or children but try to be financially independent in the little way you can so that while you expect some form of financial succor from any man that comes into your life,you will not stress him too much by wanting him to provide for a child who is not his.

7.Don't be a dumping ground: Many ladies have been enmeshed with self pity and condemnation that they just rush into any affair with guys who they will ordinarily never date all because they see themselves as after one as they call it.

There is a saying for single mothers in my dialect "omo bibi ki n se arun" meaning having a child out of wedlock is not a disease.

8. Be bold,and never allow any man love you out of pity or take advantage of you.

Hope this helps.

At bolded, you are PROBABLY speaking from a NIGERIAN MENTAL OUTLOOK!?

Proudly South-African

Cherlene

2 Likes

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 6:27am On Jan 15, 2016
torontoboy:
Very excellent write up! I agree on all points!

Thanks dude

Inasmuch as i do not expect everyone to like my write-ups,how i wish i can always place a tag on my threads so that the teenagers and adolescents at heart will be weeded out.

Some facts are just too matured for young minds to comprehend yet they just barge in and start making funny unguarded comments.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Cherlene(f): 6:29am On Jan 15, 2016
Toks2008:

Morning sis.

By the way if that is you on your profile page,please thank your parents for making a good product. smiley

Lovely, yes dear THAT IS ME!!

I give thanks to God and my Lord Jesus Christ for creating me BEAUTIFULLY in my MOTHER'S womb.

Thank you.

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by alexarelano(m): 6:30am On Jan 15, 2016
ashade123:
Been a single mother is not a sin, I feel in love with a single mother, I mean a strong love that makes me to love her son with all my heart, can you imagine that I love her more than single ladies that are not yet married or give birth to any baby, and I will continue to love her forever, one man food is another man's poison, # I love you Amaka !!!
Yaay! Mo sneh oooo grin cheesy smiley[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 6:30am On Jan 15, 2016
Cherlene:

At bolded, you are PROBABLY speaking from a NIGERIAN MENTAL OUTLOOK!

Proudly South-African

Cherlene

oh i see..you be southy

Well you are right tho..this is nairaland meaning a Nigerian online forum and most things you read here especially concerning relationships are definitely from the Nigerian point of view.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 6:35am On Jan 15, 2016
Cherlene:

I give thanks to God and my Lord Jesus Christ for creating me BEAUTIFULLY in my MOTHER'S womb.

Thank you.

Cherlene

Ono yi o bad o..e wo bo se set..abi eyin guys ki le feel?

Just re-affirming your physical beauty in my dialect..lol!..Do have a splendid day ahead.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Cherlene(f): 6:35am On Jan 15, 2016
Toks2008:

oh i see..you be southy

Well you are right tho..this is nairaland meaning a Nigerian online forum and most things you read here especially concerning relationships are definitely from the Nigerian point of view.

Right!
Thank you for a CONCRETE reply.

- INDEED, I am.

Cherlene
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by jaybee3(m): 6:37am On Jan 15, 2016
Toks2008:

Just re-affirming your physical beauty in my dialect..lol!..Do have a splendid day ahead.

What's stopping you from asking her out already Mr Romance tongue
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 6:41am On Jan 15, 2016
jaybee3:

What's stopping you from asking her out already Mr Romance tongue

No be only mr romance..na Mr Romantic cool
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Cherlene(f): 6:42am On Jan 15, 2016
Toks2008:

Ooh, thank you.
Have a BLISSFUL day too cheesy.

Cherlene
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Topman0001(m): 7:02am On Jan 15, 2016
@OP Everything u said are true, i have two single mothers around me and they say and do all u've just mentioned. Nice post
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Nwanna2588: 7:10am On Jan 15, 2016
chineloSA:

grin grin grin grin

Don't pressure your sister to marry a man she is not comfortable with. She knows the man better than all of you.
Noted
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by mercydaniel: 7:48am On Jan 15, 2016
Hmmm u are indeed God sent. Am a single mother and every information you layed down here is the fact. God bless you for this information
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by 2good(m): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2016
midehi2:

how old are you?

This is a very silly question. How does my age got anything to do with the reality of my post? You might not like to see the truth because you are a woman but that is your problem and not mine.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by 2good(m): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2016
midehi2:

shocked people like you still exist? smh

You are clueless to my post because you are a woman and so don't understand how the male hormone works. Men are women are biologically different no matter how hard the modern media or society try to deny that. We are wired differently biologically and there is no way your opinion can change that. Also I don't do Politically Correct bullshit so don't try to convince me on what you have no clue about.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by zeb04(f): 8:05am On Jan 15, 2016
crying more than the bereaved. una doh oh
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 15, 2016
Princessderaa:
dix days matured men prefer single mothers to single lades.

why is that?

Op, when i saw this on FP, i knew it was you. I disagree with several points there though.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2016
mercydaniel:
Hmmm u are indeed God sent. Am a single mother and every information you layed down here is the fact. God bless you for this information

With this comment i am most fulfilled with this thread.

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR CHILD.

I also thank the ever active mod lalasticlala for taking this to front page.Apparently this is why i call his attention to my threads so that at least one person can learn from the wealth of experience i have gathered in my 4 decades of existence.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2016
craziebone:

why is that?

Op, when i saw this on FP, i knew it was you. I disagree with several points there though.

LOL!

The truth is that it is never normal for everyone to agree with all i write but only those in such situations will know first hand the relevance of each thread i create.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by midehi2(f): 9:38am On Jan 15, 2016
2good:

You are clueless to my post because you are a woman and so don't understand how the male hormone works. Men are women are biologically different no matter how hard the modern media or society try to deny that. We are wired differently biologically and there is no way your opinion can change that. Also I don't do Politically Correct bullshit so don't try to convince me on what you have no clue about.
sharaaaaap, gerrrrout, who will convince a m.oron like you, otondo tongue

quote me again and loose your small prick tongue tongue
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by midehi2(f): 9:41am On Jan 15, 2016
2good:

This is a very silly question. How does my age got anything to do with the reality of my post? You might not like to see the truth because you are a woman but that is your problem and not mine.
go and suck your mum's bwest then come back & quote me, otondo tongue grin
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by scentmarlc(m): 10:34am On Jan 15, 2016
[b]
Princessderaa:
dix days matured men prefer single mothers to single lades.
hmmmmm are you for real?
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by justpowerful(m): 11:02am On Jan 15, 2016
Click LIKE if u are proud of ur son or daughter... Single parent is not a stigma #SingleParent

1 Like

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by 2good(m): 11:37am On Jan 15, 2016
midehi2:

sharaaaaap, gerrrrout, who will convince a m.oron like you, otondo tongue

quote me again and loose your small prick tongue tongue

Big fool. Bold enough to quote someone but too stupid to use your emotional dumb brain to respond rationally.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by midehi2(f): 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
2good:

Big fool. Bold enough to quote someone but too stupid to use your emotional dumb brain to respond rationally.
my last qoute to you...

your useless mother tongue

and if you quote me again tongue tongue cos i wont read your mention...rabbit
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by 2good(m): 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
midehi2:

my last qoute to you...

your useless mother tongue

So it is now my mother that you want to face? Exactly why I said it doesn't matter whether a woman have a Phd or not. Once she is useless to a man like you have shown yourself to be, she will always be useless to another man. If a maid is nice to a man, he will want more of her. Simple. Your opinion is irrelevant. idiot!
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by scentmarlc(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
Cherlene:

Thank you.

Cherlene
lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Cherlene(f): 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2016
scentmarlc:
lolzzzz

Afternoon

How u dey?

Cherlene
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hmmm. This cherlene sombori..., issokay. #lipssealed. By d way nice write up @op. , I concur wv most

Cherlene:

Afternoon

How u dey?

Cherlene
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Cherlene(f): 12:00am On Jan 16, 2016
mimzy:
Hmmm. This cherlene sombori..., issokay. #lipssealed. By d way nice write up @op. , I concur wv most

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by revolt(m): 6:43am On Jan 16, 2016
TO the single guys, claiming educated n exposed, PLEASE i repeat PLEASE, dont ever marry a single mum. DONT EVER!! Your life will be miserable. Itll look gud during courtship(partly cos she desperate n will put u infront then) but wen u made ur vows ud simply realise she wanted a father for her kid n no matter howmuch she loves you, her kid will always come first. Trust me on this .

Now to single mothers, itll be better to stick to divorcees or better still remain single if ure not willing to keep ur child wth the dad or family n concentrate on ur new husband. No man wants to be second fiddle, ull mke him hate the kid n despise u. Dont decieve ursef, itll get messy, have mercy on naive single guys .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Wandering In Ogun State. Do You Know Her? (Photos) / Is Mother In Law Making Moves On Him Or Does He Have A Dirty Mind? / What Would You Do If Your Mother Did This To You(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.