Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari (2101 Views)

Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. / I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki / Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2015

President Muhammadu Buhari said on Monday in Abuja that he will gladly reverse or abandon some inherited economic policies if doing so will lead to the creation of more jobs for Nigerians.
At a meeting in the Presidential Villa with executive members of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), President Buhari directed the Ministries of Industries, Trade and Investment, and Finance, as well as the Central Bank and other relevant government agencies to evolve before next year’s budget, new policies to boost domestic manufacturing.
“We are in difficult times economically, but we’ll continue to do our best for manufacturing to pick up. We must begin to behave as if we have no oil at all.
“We will gladly have policy somersaults, if it will mean more jobs, particularly for youths. I campaigned on three major planks. To effectively secure our country, provide employment through revamping the economy, and wage a relentless war against corruption. I intend to keep faith with these promises,” the President said.

He lamented that the textile industry that employed about 320,000 people in the past only parades about 30,000 now.

“It shows the carelessness of past governments, if almost 300,000 people lose jobs in a single sector. We have a clear idea of how we can stimulate employment and we will work very hard to do so,” President Buhari told the MAN delegation.

The MAN President, Dr Frank Udemba Jacobs had appealed for a review of policies that stifle the manufacturing sector, noting that, the importance of a robust manufacturing sector for the general well-being of the economy cannot be over-emphasized.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/17/im-ready-to-abandon-inherited-economic-policies-says-buhari/
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by McKren(m): 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
The trouble is nobody still knows Buhari's economic views and policies!

3 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by Hawlahscho(m): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
Vladimir
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
McKren:

By nobody, I believe you mean just 'you'.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by funlord(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
grin

Don't only abandon them but delete them also! Even idi amins economic policies made more sense than the nonsense put in place by the previous administration!

3 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by deji68: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
Policies u no kuku get apart from "i will fait Kworuptzion" ....if u do away with the inherited ones , na zero we go dey.... cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
This is the voice of a determined, confident and well-focused leader. Ride on Buhari!

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by McKren(m): 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
lolaxavier:

Please explain Buhari's economic and world views and categorise him in one of the spectrum of politics! I mean left, right or center and provide supporting evidence like speeches or past policies supporting your claims!

Please you references must be views directly expressed by Buhari and not surrogates.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by AdeniyiA(m): 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
I just have this feeling that Buhari will kickstart the development of this nation, haters can go and die for all I care . say Baba! cool

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
McKren:

Please explain Buhari's economic and world views and categorise him in one of the spectrum of politics! I mean left, right or center and provide supporting evidence like speeches or past policies supporting your claims!

Please you references must be views directly expressed by Buhari and not surrogates.

Thank you.

In no less than 500 words with diagrammatic representation, give evidential reasons why I must answer your dumb question?.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by McKren(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
lolaxavier:

In no less than 500 words with diagrammatic representation, give evidential reasons why I must answer your dumb question?.

No answers! Once again!

So why did respond to my post when you can't defend your corner?

4years will soon pass and Nigeria will remain where it is if not move backwards! That's my unfortunate realist prediction. I make no appologies for seeing reality. The FASCISTS can call me pessimist if they like!

Buhari does not have the tools nor know how to govern. You can prove me wrong by answering my question and defend Buhari's economic views!

6 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by hassan85(m): 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
Good mr President. Just creat jobs and see alot of People outta NairaLand. D rate of joblessnes i just to enomous. I just hope to see ds talks in practice soon. May you live long Mr President
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
McKren:

No answers! Once again!

So why did respond to my post when you can't defend your corner?

4years will soon pass and Nigeria will remain where it is if not move backwards! That's my unfortunate realist prediction. I make no appologies for seeing reality. The FASCISTS can call me pessimist if they like!

Buhari does not have the tools nor know how to govern. You can prove me wrong by answering my question and defend Buhari's economic views!

I responded to your post because you did not consult with me before including me as part of your 'nobody'. I am a Nigerian, you know.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by McKren(m): 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
lolaxavier:

I responded to your post because you did not consult with me before including me as part of your 'nobody'. I am a Nigerian, you know.

But you have not prove me wrong by demonstrating what you know about Buhari's economic policy

Until u do so and provide adequate references then you are like the rest of us who do not know what Buhari's economic policies are!

Buhari ran for president for 12years! You don't think it is troubling that you cant provide references to his economic views?

3 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by mars123(m): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
McKren:

But you have not prove me wrong by demonstrating what you know about Buhari's economic policy

Until u do so and provide adequate references then you are like the rest of us who do not know what Buhari's economic policies are!

Buhari ran for president for 12years! You don't think it is troubling that you cant provide references to his economic views?
bros nor too vex, by september you go see policies full everywhere.
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by sainty2k3(m): 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
McKren:
blocking leakages and to reinvs recovered fund into the nations economy, encourage SMEs etc
Stabilize power because he believes if power is stable Nigerian youth area creative enough to make use of this to start up profitable business, and it will help those already into business
Encourage non petroleum export, with focus on agriculture
There might be ban total on partial on many commodities, of with petroleum product is likely to be there cos refineries are to work while NNPC imports (solely ) whatever is needed that we can not produce.
From Buharis town all meeting in Lagos shortly before February 14

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
lolaxavier:

Oya na, tell us

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by hinwazaka: 11:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
The last time someone said something as idiotic as this, we woke up with a mishmash SAP policy. I wonder what gift Buhari will leave us with this time.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 11:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
chigoizie7:

Oya na, tell us

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by adconline(m): 3:09am On Aug 18, 2015
lolaxavier:

Another spinless servant who's clueless on how to spin for his spinless and clueless master

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 6:51am On Aug 18, 2015
adconline:

Another spinless servant who's clueless on how to spin for his spinless and clueless master

What is dis one saying
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:05am On Aug 18, 2015
funlord:
grin

Don't only abandon them but delete them also! Even idi amins economic policies made more sense than the nonsense put in place by the previous administration!

grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 18, 2015
Almost 100 days in office and over 5 months since he was elected, yet the president still has no idea of what to do. Wahala dey oooo!
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by omowolewa: 7:25am On Aug 18, 2015
It has changed already, from transformation agenda to change. From corruption haven to anti-graft.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
Almost 100 days in office and over 5 months since he was elected, yet the president still has no idea of what to do. Wahala dey oooo!

Only because you have chosen not to see.
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by viktagorion: 8:33am On Aug 18, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
Continue to wail, when you are done, go and hug transformer. Mind you, Light dey transformer now o.

Buhari is working.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 9:33am On Aug 18, 2015
viktagorion:
Continue to wail, when you are done, go and hug transformer. Mind you, Light dey transformer now o.

Buhari is working.

grin
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by Chiaka(f): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2015
If your brothers in the north who ran this country for years and brought it to this stage we are had been thinking Nigeria will not be in this dilemma! years of sharing oil blocs and stealing of public funds without diversification by northerners have brought us to this stage!
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by orisa37: 10:46am On Aug 18, 2015
He should just give us HOPE!!!!
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by adconline(m): 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
lolaxavier:

What is dis one saying
Forever inked on ur encephalon as a puzzle...
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
adconline:

Forever inked on ur encephalon as a puzzle...

Still rubbish!!!
Re: I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari by adconline(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
lolaxavier:

Still rubbish!!!
It's above ur intellectual grade even with Google..#congenitalfucktard

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking news EFCC Arrests Ex-Governor Akpabio. / First Lady Aisha Buhari Meets With Sani Abacha's Daughter In Abuja / Photo: Drama In The Senate Between Senator Ekweremandu And A Northern Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.