Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,701 members, 7,851,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:21 PM

Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year (7259 Views)

Poll: The CBN Governor's salary is:

Too low.: 54% (72 votes)
Too high.: 9% (13 votes)
Just right.: 35% (47 votes)
This poll has ended

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by KazuyaM(m): 3:43am On Mar 28, 2009
Its a lie!! Are you serious, that means my father is making alot more than him. And he is retired. Just pention alone from the UN is about $2000 a month, talkless of child support per child and medical support pention. Im telling you, Soludo Must be making more. My friends father is a senator and his official salary is 2million naira per month. grin grin
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by hax: 4:11am On Mar 28, 2009
Isn't Charlie living a little too large for N12 million a year? In that link it says he's using his whole salary for his kids' school fees. I know they get really large allowances, sometimes as large as the salaries, but that doesn't justify his expenses. undecided

I guess it's now the norm. Corruption's really run deep into the country.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by hax: 4:14am On Mar 28, 2009
And by the way, I don't know how to edit posts on here, but N12 million a month is too little. 2 times that would almost be okay. For the job he's doing, he deserves much more than what he's getting. But he's probably got another source of income, be it legit or (most likely) not.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by KazuyaM(m): 5:40am On Mar 28, 2009
seriously though, 12million a year is not that much!
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by UNLEASHED(m): 7:00am On Mar 28, 2009
12 M is not that much per year haba!
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by ayobase(m): 7:25am On Mar 28, 2009
Allow the guy oo!
Na only am dey embezzle money?

How would u give an Igbo man
a minting machineS/money printing
machineS without printing
some for himself?

Pls,it is his time, so let him shine
ur time will also soon surface.

Who knows if he is into other business.
Anytime someone is living beyond his
annual salary, there tends to be controversy!!

Have u done any research on him thoroughly
!!
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by DoubleN(m): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2009
Una dey hala 12million,remember we are talking about his annual salary.how much do you think this our useless politicians take home yearly?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by ayobase(m): 7:35am On Mar 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Is anyone even bothering to read the article at the link provided??

I wonder also o!
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by fyneguy: 8:11am On Mar 28, 2009
The poster may be a student, fasting and praying to get a N20k-a-month job when he graduates. Hence, N12 million per annum is a big thing to him.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Chopmoney2(m): 8:21am On Mar 28, 2009
Why dont u leave Soludo alone, one thing we always do is to capitalize on one mistake without complementing his works. Pls leave soludo alone
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by hackney(m): 8:37am On Mar 28, 2009
At least we as a country has graduated from complete blind looting to looting and doing some work.
Anyway what about the past CBN Guvs?
Of course basic salaries in such posts 9esp in Nigeria) count for nothing;does anyone know the official salary for the presidency?
Gordon Brown (UK) is about £230,000 but they never solely depend on that alone how much more in banana countries like Nigeria.

As bad as this sounds we are better of with Soludo who loots and then does some work like the policies he has implemented
(whether they work is another thread cheesy cheesy cheesy wink smiley cool cool shocked shocked
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by abeto(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2009
hi,
please how do i log in to chat with memebers
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by biina: 9:02am On Mar 28, 2009
Chop money:

Why dont u leave Soludo alone, one thing  we always do is to capitalize on one mistake without complementing his works. Pls leave soludo alone
and what are his works that need complementing?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Backslider(m): 9:18am On Mar 28, 2009
@poster

This is normal. Ask him how much he was earning where he was teaching before.

I just thank God for Soludo. He should be the Next President of Nigeria. As a Yoruba I will vote for him. He is an Igbo and It help us stabilize ethnic tension we have already.

God bless soludo. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by KazuyaM(m): 9:20am On Mar 28, 2009
You are all complaing of 12million naira. What of the official Senator salary of 2million per month!! grin grin
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by ohaechesi(m): 11:01am On Mar 28, 2009
To whom much is given, much is also expected. Meaning that i am not against Mr. Soludo's furtune but his input is awful. we need a better state in the financial institutes, restoration of our dead currency "naira" . He should use his office and position to create more job opportunities rather than being stagnant in office. may God see us through.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by goodbobo: 11:23am On Mar 28, 2009
Even the most stupid man on the nigerian street will know that a CBN governor should earn far more than 12 Million per annum even as basic . This is obviously junk journalism . I work in a place that make me know for sure he earns as salary far far more than that . If at least we are so sure that the statement that he earns 12 million per annum is the biggest lie or should I say the most foolish lie then how can we be sure that the rest of the story is not lies too .

Lets be careful what we read and what we believe
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by isuomo: 11:57am On Mar 28, 2009
My last Salary as an IT contractor whilst living and working in UK until early last year was 90k in pounds sterling, i now earn N11m as AGM group strategy in a bank in Nigeria and my lifestyle is far better off than when i was in London and the added bonus is the fact that i am back in Nigeria after 17years in Europe. My point is to correct the illogical comparisons in exchange rate of salaries in America and Europe with what obtains in Nigeria. N6m insterling conversion is about 25k but the standard of living of the N6m earner will be far higher than the 25k earner in London.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Nokka: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2009
First of all, how long was Alan Greenspan Chairman of the US Federal Reserve Bank? How long was J Edgar Hoover head of the FBI? All positions cannot be turn by turn to chop. Sometimes competence is paramount.

Secondly Soludo was a major consultant consultant to the UN, all of the Bretton Woods organizations, a visting Professor at several top notch Universities, as well as an author.  The man was making money by using his brain before he became Governor of the Central Bank.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Orikinla(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2009
12 million naira a year is a very modest annual income for Charles Soludo.

A nigerian website owner makes twice that amount every year.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by biina: 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2009
Nokka:

First of all, how long was Alan Greenspan Chairman of the US Federal Reserve Bank? How long was J Edgar Hoover head of the FBI? All positions cannot be turn by turn to chop. Sometimes competence is paramount.

Secondly Soludo was a major consultant consultant to the UN, all of the Bretton Woods organizations, a visting Professor at several top notch Universities, as well as an author.  The man was making money by using his brain before he became Governor of the Central Bank.

1. So you feel Soludo is the only competent person for the job?

2. Please provide details on your notion of 'major consultant'.

3. When and which 'top notch' university was Soludo a visiting Professor

4. Please provide figures towards his income before he became CBN governor.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by cvibe: 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2009
12 mil income tax inclusive
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by ScanLess: 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2009
Thanks Nokka for reminding haters on this thread who Soludo is. I met him in 2001 b/4 he became CBN governor, then he was already a household name in UN sitting on millions of dollars (research grants). He owns the African Institute for Applied Economics located at Parklane road Enugu. As a professor of Economics in UNN he was teaching his students , whose projects he supervises how to use their research work to make money, while others want to collect "sortings" from students. He has been a money making machine long before he came to CBN. so mr compressor, compress your hate very well and keep it in check, cos you cant stop a man God has destined for greatness.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by PurestBoy(m): 1:41pm On Mar 28, 2009
Only an insane man will believe Soludo earn that amount anually. Or do you mean $12m?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Pennywise(m): 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2009
Kazuya M:

You are all complaing of 12million naira. What of the official Senator salary of 2million per month!!  grin  grin
This is truly laughable. Senators indeed. More like gangstars.They equate themselves with U.S senators then appropriate all the benefits in the book even though their mental bandwith is nothing compared to their peers.

All public office holders in Nigeria are over paid. President to councillors.

isuomo:

My last Salary as an IT contractor whilst living and working in UK until early last year was 90k in pounds sterling, i now earn N11m as AGM group strategy in a bank in Nigeria and my lifestyle is far better off than when i was in London and the added bonus is the fact that i am back in Nigeria after 17years in Europe. My point is to correct the illogical comparisons in exchange rate of salaries in America and Europe with what obtains in Nigeria. N6m insterling conversion is about 25k but the standard of living of the N6m earner will be far higher than the 25k earner in London.

I couldnt agree with you more. Will settle for a third of the salary and live in Nigeria.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by PurestBoy(m): 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2009
Orikinla:

12 million naira a year is a very modest annual income for Charles Soludo.

A nigerian website owner makes twice that amount every year.

You mean Oga Seun is richer than Soludo?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Skywalker5(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2009
PurestBoy:

You mean Oga Seun is richer than Soludo?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You wont kill me here
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by PurestBoy(m): 3:08pm On Mar 28, 2009
Sky-walker:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You wont kill me here

Isn't that true?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Skywalker5(m): 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2009
PurestBoy:

Isn't that true?

Judging by orikinas quote (if soludo dey collect 12M only but soludo no stupid now). Its very very very very true. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga seun na billionaire while Soludo na Millionaire grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by spikedcylinder: 3:24pm On Mar 28, 2009
Why was he avoiding the reporters though?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by seedord247(m): 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2009
The guy wey post this topic no get work
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by PurestBoy(m): 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2009
Sky-walker:

Judging by orikinas quote (if soludo dey collect 12M only but soludo no stupid now). Its very very very very true. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga seun na billionaire while Soludo na Millionaire  grin grin grin grin grin grin  

Oga Seun for president! Don't you think this is a good idea?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which State Is The Worst State In Nigeria? / I Never Thought Of This Solution: Fg: Oil Companies Must Build Refineries / Algeria Confirms Boko Haram’s Ties To Al Qaeda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.