Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office (66780 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
Jarus:
OP, you work in a firm or business centre?

Obviously a business center, from the letter.

As a business center owner, I may consider him. This is not a white collar job.

I don't expect a flawless letter of employment application from an O'level holder (most likely from public school - someone that went to private school is not likely to apply fopr job after O'level).

If he has some other skills, and if the job doesn't involve writing to external people, I will consider him.

I particularly like his boldness.

oga ceo tinz cheesy

3 Likes

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by 989900: 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
ExInferis:

You cannot compare the standards of education back in the 60s and 70s to what obtains now. Heck even the 90s seem like some distant golden era.

besides, we cannot tell what school he went to, whether public or private. i've seen and read worse from socalled graduates here on NL.

No doubt.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by TheDauraMallam: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
fpeter:

so even men too write "mtchew"
very funny.....

Answer the question, damn it.

Can you construct a simple sentence in your mother tongue?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by ojnnaco(m): 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
The standard of education is fast declining .... I hope it won't meet oil

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by 989900: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2015
Jarus:
OP, you work in a firm or business centre?

Obviously a business center, from the letter.

As a business center owner, I may consider him. This is not a white collar job.

I don't expect a flawless letter of employment application from an O'level holder (most likely from public school - someone that went to private school is not likely to apply fopr job after O'level).

If he has some other skills, and if the job doesn't involve writing to external people, I will consider him.

I particularly like his boldness.

Give or take, pedantic or not, this is about the only grammatically flawless comment so far (bar the 'typo') -- it makes perfect sense too.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by bot101(m): 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
OP@ If you want to be rich and happy don't go to school. It's a name of a book find it and read you will get yourself out of the bandage. our educational system create stupids. Employ that boy and be free from sentiment.

Rich Dad Poor Dad, that's an eye opener. It's sequel is The Cashflow Quadrant.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by shaqhead: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
Jannie1999:
this one no be graduate at all
Guy leave matter o...graduates like ds plenty o..I was a CLO during my service days and I saw worse than this and such folks are the one with so much "swag" out there!

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
bot101:

Rich Dad Poor Dad, that's an eye opener. It's sequel is The Cashflow Quadrant.
I tot I'm alone.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by MztrChukwu(m): 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
ExInferis:

That the Nigerian education system is broken is no fault of his. In the context of this decay, he did well.

Besides, Mr English, it's UTTER, not UPPER.

The things auto-correct do to us these days tho.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by mikolo80: 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
socialmediaman:

HND actually needs to be upgraded to BTech. They are graduates with a different orientation from Bsc or BEng
so now that Nepa change name to phcn, boy changes
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by STEVENcrack(m): 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2015
NoriegaQ:

Sorry to interrupt but there's nothing like a distinction in CCNA. You sound really bitter.
If you can read.

PleAse kindly refer back to the subject.

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by armadeo(m): 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
fpeter:
hahahahahehhheeeee grin

seriously though, this is not funny. I was talking to my colleagues a few days ago and we were
reminiscing the good old days of being a secondary school student in FGC. the grammar taught to
us back then was solid, you would hardly see any FGC ex-student that cannot speak/write proper
English today. It is a shame to note that nowadays, children born between the 80s and the millennium
are struggling to even write good sentences or spell properly, you see a bunch of them here on NL. cry

I blame our leaders, checkout the older citizens of our country today their English and hand-writings are
impeccable but because of corruption they have made our youths semi-illiterates. cry

I still believe that the destruction of the educational system was purposeful. That way the individual is too stupid to know left from right. Even the quality of teachers these days I'd appalling.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Alhshamz(m): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
See another. ..

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by socialmediaman: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
mikolo80:
so now that Nepa change name to phcn, boy changes

HNDs are graduates, that degree is a technical degree, not a diploma as it is called presently. They should upgrade it
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by NoriegaQ(m): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:

If you can read.

PleAse kindly refer back to the subject.

Lol. Really shows you're CCNA certified with a distinction from Cisco itself.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by ExInferis(m): 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
MztrChukwu:

The things auto-correct do to us these days tho.

Too true.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by simdam500(m): 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
Atleast the o'level holder has summoned enough courage to write his letter, leaving it in your hand to either employ him or not! Without the thought of humiliating him on a public forum.

While some graduate like op still can't even go for an interview without feeling nervous.

Btw must we abuse the Internet by exposing other or humiliating them just to gain comments and likes
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
himkers:
He came looking for job in the firm where I work. I laughed after reading his letter and I wonder what kind of graduates our institutions are churning out.

the applicant wrote that he's an O'level holder and you wrote here GRADUATE.

NOW I am beginning to wonder who should be laughed at. smh! :/
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
sammydirectly:

the applicant wrote that he's an O'level holder and you wrote here GRADUATE.

NOW I am beginning to wonder who should be laughed at. smh! :/

Shut up
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by mikolo80: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
socialmediaman:

HNDs are graduates, that degree is a technical degree, not a diploma as it is called presently. They should upgrade it
upgrading it won't create more jobs. our problem is bad leadership not diploma or degree
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by arimahoseloka(m): 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
himkers:
He came looking for job in the firm where I work. I laughed after reading his letter and I wonder what kind of graduates our institutions are churning out.
so the best thing u could do is to bring the letter here. Wetin u want make we come do. Mtchew ibezzile
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Maximus85(m): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
himkers:

I will employ this O'level guy and brush him up. He has an idea of what my business needs. I will help him. Some of our so-called graduates can't do better.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by bot101(m): 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
AbuMaryam1:

I tot I'm alone.
Nahh, I am currently reading Cashflow Quadrant and just finished the second chapter. Rich Dad Poor Dad really opened my eyes to a lot of things and made me lose interest in the destructive kind of studying we practice, in Nigeria most especially.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by fpeter(f): 9:43am On Aug 19, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Answer the question, damn it.

Can you construct a simple sentence in your mother tongue?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

what's your beef?
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by kayalla(f): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
AK6464:
pathetic
How is this pathetic?
It's an o'level grad.
Most graduate can't compose such letter
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by AK6464(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
kayalla:
How is this pathetic? It's an o'level grad. Most graduate can't compose such letter
for our educational system it is o lets not give ourselves excuses while this is acceptable. when i was in primary 3 i could do better than this

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by socialmediaman: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Socialmediaman, even if HND is upgraded to B. Tech, the "discrimination" will still be there. No two things, even twins, are the same.

If it's upgraded, there'll be more respect and government agencies and ministries will, by law, start treating them equal with Bsc. Other organizations will immediately follow. Just few years after, everything will normalize and the discrimination will fade, naturally
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:26am On Aug 21, 2015
socialmediaman:

If it's upgraded, there'll be more respect and government agencies and ministries will, by law, start treating them equal with Bsc. Other organizations will immediately follow. Just few years after, everything will normalize and the discrimination will fade, naturally
Bsc and B.Tech are all bachellors. Bsc is for universities, B. Tech is polytechnic. The "discrimination" will still be there.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by socialmediaman: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Bsc and B.Tech are all bachellors. Bsc is for universities, B. Tech is polytechnic. The "discrimination" will still be there.

Some Universities award BTech for engineering e.g FUTO. Their engineering degree is BTech.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
socialmediaman:

Some Universities award BTech for engineering e.g FUTO. Their engineering degree is BTech.
Whatever happens, a person that is bent on not employing polytechnic graduates, whatever the name of the certificate issued to their graduate is called, he won't employ them. Do you know that there are some employees that prefer HND holders to Bsc holders?
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by socialmediaman: 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Whatever happens, a person that is bent on not employing polytechnic graduates, whatever the name of the certificate issued to their graduate is called, he won't employ them. Do you know that there are some employees that prefer HND holders to Bsc holders?

Yeah but it's not just for employment. In case of masters degree etc, it's important. Part of the upgrade also involves upgrading the names to colleges of technology rather than polytechnics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Get To JKK House Ilupeju,ikorodu Road? / NNPC 2011 Final Interview Successful Candidates Appointment Letters Finally Out / 2015 Nigerian Army Recruitment Form For The 74 Regular Recruits Intake Is Out!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.