Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Asking Your Boyfriend For Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Asking Your Boyfriend For Money (57823 Views)

The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? / Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by okwanuzo3(f): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2006
a friend of mine would like to know how to ask her boyfriend of 4 months for money. She's hinted a lot of times and doesn't seem to understand (or pretends not to). How can she do this without losing his respect?
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by Memunah(f): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2006
well for me i dont like asking guys for money(if it gifts i can take it) but if your friend needs money from her guy she can simply ask him but it depends on the financial status of the guy and the level of the relationship but she can ask if she needs money.but for me i dont ask guy for money
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by Dalby(m): 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2006
Boy, are you guys from another planet, come to Port Harcourt girls are making requests from their so called "boyfriend" by their 2nd meeting after the "ok" answer to the relationship request. Its easier for the school girls, they just say they want to stay off campus, and she is sharing with her friends. Her father has given x amount and whats left is y, pretending not to be telling you directly. Some better still when you call them and ask why they have not been calling, that opens the door for you to contnually send credit. I am really surprised at your remarks shocked
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by Yusufadeto(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2006
I don't it a bad idea, but it depends on the level of the relationship, i can't meet a girl first or second or third times and she came to ask for money from me, she will not have it because i will surely realise that this one, accept my proposal because of my money. So it depends on the level of the relationship and the thinking faculty of both partners
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by kokoletz(m): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2006
Guys do ladies need to go to school b4 they can handle there guys oh gosh. Girl the power and the trick is inside of u, just study d guy weigh him at all level then strike that's all. Abeg o soji ara e.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by segun111(m): 12:54am On Oct 01, 2006
@okwa,

It depends on the level of conversation for the past four months and what she needed the money for. If it was a genuine use of money say to help someone who is in need or helping her folks, yes by all means ask and she shall receive but then it depends on the level of conversation and who he is.

If it was me; I will evaluate how deep our conversation was such as: can she be trusted? And if our conversation was in the level of respect on both then I won't hesitate to give her what she wants. I hope that helps,
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by kennyuche(m): 6:15am On Oct 01, 2006
Jst giv him a good f**k and he will giv u the whole world.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by segun111(m): 7:09am On Oct 01, 2006
So sex is all the answer in the world, correct? Please get real,
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by omofineboy(m): 8:21am On Oct 01, 2006
As for me the intent, purpose and relationship are very important, I have discovered that if youare too nice with your money, they term you to be 'mugun', if I have and my girl geniuely need the money for something rewarding I will give but mind you the mindset matters definitely if you are after my money Iam sure to the high heavens that you wont get it. Also a girl you claim to love mustnt ask before you give, if she is asking and not a gold digger then you are not caring.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by Dalby(m): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2006
If it was a genuine use of money say to help someone who is in need or helping her folks, yes by all means ask and she shall receive

My brother i dont understand, who does not have a need. Even you giving the money hava some unsatisfied needs. I think that it should be treated on case basis. The only thing i would advise is for girls not to make themself lose all self esteem(appear cheap).
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by kennyuche(m): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2006
Y must u probe her b4 givin, its either u dnt hav or no trust. If so, wen she bcoms too demanding, place her on salary n make sure u get the best of her services(f**k). Women hav always bn seen as a liability to men. Take it or leave it.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by Busta(f): 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2006
just ask him out straight. It's either he has or doesn't. He gives or doesn't.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by acidrop(f): 11:14am On Oct 02, 2006
i ask my bf money the same way i ask my dad, but i have a job so its definatly not all the time, and in the same reverse method, they 2 ask me 4 money althought its mostly change
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by Agartha: 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2006
i also agree with seun.as for me i find it hard to ask even my parents for money not to talk of a boyfriend. its not bad cos it depends on the guy u r dating and strenght of the relationship.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by acidrop(f): 1:44am On Oct 03, 2006
y cant u ask ur parents 4 money, wat that is like my weekly routine, i always have a shoping list, 4 my dad, not so much 4 my boyfriend though undecided
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by iice(f): 1:52am On Oct 03, 2006
So did she now get the money?
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by segun111(m): 3:24am On Oct 03, 2006
After reading some of the post here I hope some of the guys here have sisters so they can relate to women rather that sex as the use for services. Anyway, I thought about one more thing and that is why is she contemplating asking him for money in the first place? Think about it!!!!
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by iice(f): 3:36am On Oct 03, 2006
Maybe she has a problem? like she has to help her family, or a friend or maybe its for a good cause.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by segun111(m): 3:41am On Oct 03, 2006
iice,

Thanks, you get my drift, it must be for a good cause and I will say yes ASK him,
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by naijadiva2(f): 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2006
just ask him. that's it.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by Oking1(m): 3:04am On May 25, 2007
omofineboy:

As for me the intent, purpose and relationship are very important, I have discovered that if youare too nice with your money, they term you to be 'mugun', if I have and my girl geniuely need the money for something rewarding I will give but mind you the mindset matters definitely if you are after my money Iam sure to the high heavens that you wont get it. Also a girl you claim to love mustnt ask before you give, if she is asking and not a gold digger then you are not caring.

omofineboy i agree with u completley.for me u said it all.i never give any girl my money except she ask with sincererity and not thru innuendos(like giving the impression that "no money no show"wink or because she thinks she has seen a "mugu".
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by afolayangs(m): 8:34am On May 25, 2007
just give him a call that u will like to tell him something then when you meet discuss the stuff with him and be sober so dat he will do all things possible to get the money for you
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by McDoe(m): 9:07am On May 25, 2007
I don't see anything wrong in making simple and affordable requests if there is love really. It's just that ladies have become so bare-faced, such that their requests sometimes potray lack of love. In other words, they do that with this notorious maxim of theirs, " use what u have to acquire what u want" at the back of their minds. It is this bad.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by lizzy47(f): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2007
@ Memunah &Agartha
I'm in the same line with u guys, i completly agree with u guys.

@dalby
not all PH girls are like that. stop being biased

@Kokoletz
shebi my brother

@omofineboy
it doesn't happen all the time ( i mean being called a mugu for being nice) besides u shouldn't allow negative things and pple change u.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by 190: 1:19am On Aug 17, 2009
see dem deceiving dem selves
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by posakosa(m): 1:21am On Aug 17, 2009
No one should feel obligated to give anyone money especially if they are NOT married.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by ololo12: 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
Why should you ask him for money in the first instance??

You 9ja girls are all the same, Just a couple of days ago, I went out on a date with one. The next day she sends me a text requesting for 30 fucken thousand naira. I told her i am sorry i can't just give you money like that we barely know each other. The next thing she does is delete off BBM and won't pick my calls.

Go work for your money and stop depending your sorry ass on the guy
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by kistehsia(f): 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
In all reality, unless you r sharing living expenses and are living together you should not be asking/expecting money from your BF, Perhaps a job or second job could help with that little extra money you need, or you have family and friends who could help out if you are in NEED of something you can't afford. Most family/friends are happy to help when a loved one is in need, I just think you should look to them before your BF, if your BF and yourself share living quarters and are that committed in the relationship then that would/will be a different case. Just my opinion, Takes a lot of stress out of the relationship if you both keep your finances out of the relationship till there is a true commitment.

kistehsia
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by pendo89(f): 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
kistehsia:

In all reality, unless you r sharing living expenses and are living together you should not be asking/expecting money from your BF, Perhaps a job or second job could help with that little extra money you need, or you have family and friends who could help out if you are in NEED of something you can't afford. Most family/friends are happy to help when a loved one is in need, I just think you should look to them before your BF, if your BF and yourself share living quarters and are that committed in the relationship then that would/will be a different case. Just my opinion, Takes a lot of stress out of the relationship if you both keep your finances out of the relationship till there is a true commitment.

kistehsia

I am so in love with your comment. God bless you. kiss
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by tellwisdom: 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
Hehehe!!, I no fit laff lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2011
Na so dem dey take start.Today dem go ask u for money,tommorow dem go ask u for money to do their hair and if u say u no get enough dem go start to dey vex.The day after tommorow na make u give dem money for rent and after tht dem go ask u for money make dem take buy black berry grin.Naija girls una no get parents wey go cater for una need.Why e go be say na a bobo go come dey act as ur papa and ur guardian grin.
Re: Asking Your Boyfriend For Money by lindabon: 12:27am On Oct 18, 2011
Me I can't ask my bf for money(especially if its a naija guy undecided). If i have a bad need for money, he should have recognized the need and may suggest to help me out. If he doesn't suggest, i'll take it that he doesn't have,

But maybe your friend should tell him that she will definitely giv him back his cash whenever she is financially able to. . . She should swear she is gonna payback and she can even surrender her int. passport or any important credential (e.g school certificate)for the guy to keep on hold until she is ready to payback. That way, the guy go no say the babe needs the money badly. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proposal Goes Wrong As Side Chick Appears And Ruins Beautiful Marriage Proposal / Unilag Student Gets Bouquet Of Dollars From Her Crush (video) / 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.